HFL Division 1 (Central)

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: HFL Central Division

Postby The Sorce » Wed Nov 20, 2013 4:44 pm

Can any football Club in any leauge Guarantee what Junior numbers they will have in November 5 Months before a game is played?
Will the HFL be going around to all Central Division clubs now asking if they can fill their Junior commitments for Next year in November and if not then relegating them?
I thought Echunga put together a plan in relation to the question and the Board/President Was HAPPY that Echunga could follow through with this... Now after a little pressure there has been a backflip???
Looks like the board are setting some interesting precedents that they will have to follow in years to come...... :shock:
Country Division
The Sorce
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 4 times

Postby Armytank » Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:03 pm

That is just it isn't it

I can't believe some people are defending the board on this
I hate Full Back.....................
Armytank
Under 18s

Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 21 times
Grassroots Team: Ironbank

Postby cracka » Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:33 pm

Armytank wrote:That is just it isn't it

Not defending them on the Echunga backflip.
A lot of posters blamed the Board for listening to Lofty's proposal which is wrong, the board have a duty to listen to any proposal, so will defend them for that.
Will also defend them for having 2 SGM's because it was actually Uraidla that adjourned the 1st one, NOT the board.
Lofty apparently put up 3 different proposals & the board reduced that to just the one.
Will also defend clubs against lies & bullsh!t posted on here & the guesswork (based on more guesswork, chinese whispers & "bar piss talk") on which way they voted.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 458 times
Been liked: 560 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby Armytank » Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:02 am

cracka wrote:
Armytank wrote:That is just it isn't it

Not defending them on the Echunga backflip.
A lot of posters blamed the Board for listening to Lofty's proposal which is wrong, the board have a duty to listen to any proposal, so will defend them for that.
Will also defend them for having 2 SGM's because it was actually Uraidla that adjourned the 1st one, NOT the board.
Lofty apparently put up 3 different proposals & the board reduced that to just the one.
Will also defend clubs against lies & bullsh!t posted on here & the guesswork (based on more guesswork, chinese whispers & "bar piss talk") on which way they voted.

Fair enough. You seem to know a little more than most. Can I suggest getting the correct info out early would stop a lot of guess work, and "bar piss talk"? This is a forum which a lot of people in the hills read. Get the info out there early instead of putting fires out later.

Can I also suggest that it is a little more than guess work, as people have had a lot of comunication between the clubs regarding this, so it is not all bullsh!t.

And while you have corrected the record regarding Onkas and the way they voted, it does not mean that there is still a protectionist view from the other clubs that voted yes.

Not only that, but prior to the commencement of the first SGM, it is in the best interests of the HFL and in fact the boards role to ensure that "all of the ducks are in a row" with regards to the proposal, so we don't have the farsical situation of an adjournment. You are correct to say that it is the boards role to listen to any proposal put forward, but they are not there to be an "agony aunt" or a social service.
Armytank
Under 18s

Postby Armytank » Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:04 am

In other news, I hear that Mt. Barker are going to have to sell a few hundred extra "roo burgers" every 3 of 4 weeks......
Armytank
Under 18s

Postby supercoach » Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:18 pm

Like your work army tank. Believe an ex coach is trying to ply his trade for half a dozen games a year in the roo colours. Wants a fair bit of coin they tell me too. Hear the roos are a little reluctant now they know the amount being asked for.
Also hear there is a meeting between the NO clubs to the lofty amendment is being held next week to formulate the strategy to take to the AGM which ensures the vote on Echunga being promoted is passed. Also is putting together an alternate HFL board seeing the president and 5 directors are up for re-election. Time for change is obviously on the agenda now. Interesting times ahead.
supercoach
Rookie

Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Uraidla Districts

Postby Armytank » Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:23 pm

supercoach wrote:Also hear there is a meeting between the NO clubs to the lofty amendment is being held next week to formulate the strategy to take to the AGM which ensures the vote on Echunga being promoted is passed. Also is putting together an alternate HFL board seeing the president and 5 directors are up for re-election. Time for change is obviously on the agenda now. Interesting times ahead.

Good to see some balls have been grown then, hey cracka?
Armytank
Under 18s

Postby MONTE CRISTO » Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:54 pm

And so who is lining up for the Barkeroos? Name names!
MONTE CRISTO
Rookie

Been liked: 4 times

Postby Armytank » Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:45 pm

I will when I get confirmation
Armytank
Under 18s

Postby cracka » Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:01 pm

Armytank wrote:
supercoach wrote:Also hear there is a meeting between the NO clubs to the lofty amendment is being held next week to formulate the strategy to take to the AGM which ensures the vote on Echunga being promoted is passed. Also is putting together an alternate HFL board seeing the president and 5 directors are up for re-election. Time for change is obviously on the agenda now. Interesting times ahead.

Good to see some balls have been grown then, hey cracka?

Absolutely. Interesting times ahead.
Also can only get the correct info out when I know it. Better than guessing what the correct info is eh.
cracka
Veteran

Postby humour me » Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:19 pm

supercoach wrote:Also hear there is a meeting between the NO clubs to the lofty amendment is being held next week to formulate the strategy to take to the AGM which ensures the vote on Echunga being promoted is passed. Also is putting together an alternate HFL board seeing the president and 5 directors are up for re-election. Time for change is obviously on the agenda now. Interesting times ahead

Interesting that there is a meeting being held by the NO clubs. Who's the guru that has worked out who the no clubs are in this secret ballot. Sounds like a crock to me. And I'll be interested in knowing who this alternative board is to. I'm guessing this is in your imagination supercoach.
The 2013 Central Division A grade comp was as good as it's ever been in terms of being competitive with no easy games. If it ain't broke.......
humour me
Mini-League

Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Lobethal

Postby cracka » Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:43 pm

humour me wrote:supercoach wrote:Also hear there is a meeting between the NO clubs to the lofty amendment is being held next week to formulate the strategy to take to the AGM which ensures the vote on Echunga being promoted is passed. Also is putting together an alternate HFL board seeing the president and 5 directors are up for re-election. Time for change is obviously on the agenda now. Interesting times ahead

Interesting that there is a meeting being held by the NO clubs. Who's the guru that has worked out who the no clubs are in this secret ballot. Sounds like a crock to me. And I'll be interested in knowing who this alternative board is to. I'm guessing this is in your imagination supercoach.
The 2013 Central Division A grade comp was as good as it's ever been in terms of being competitive with no easy games. If it ain't broke.......

I never wanted to be a bar piss talk/rumour poster but you might find supercoach is half on the money, that being some clubs (not all 14 no voters however) getting together & working on something to overturn Echunga's rejected application.
Oh crap, I've gone to the dark side. :twisted:
cracka
Veteran

Postby cracka » Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:46 pm

Hey Armytank, did you get my pm, my settings say its still in the outbox & not sent yet.
cracka
Veteran

Postby has been » Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:40 pm

. Think u will find super coach is right on the money. Lobey obviously were not invited to the NO meeting as they voted yes to support. Funny about that for a club that was so piss poor for nearly a decade. Your club has 1 half decent year and u think u are ants pants. Maybe that's why you got your nick name. Humour us all a little more in a week when you come back on and say how wrong your little comment was and also realize then that the overturned application will be reversed again by the clubs and lofty will have to do the right thing and abide by the rules and the spirit of the game. Oh by the way Humour me the only reason you stayed in central was that no country club applied to come up. Call that luck certainly not good man agent.
has been
Rookie

Been liked: 7 times

Postby humour me » Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:12 pm

has been wrote:. Think u will find super coach is right on the money. Lobey obviously were not invited to the NO meeting as they voted yes to support. Funny about that for a club that was so piss poor for nearly a decade. Your club has 1 half decent year and u think u are ants pants. Maybe that's why you got your nick name. Humour us all a little more in a week when you come back on and say how wrong your little comment was and also realize then that the overturned application will be reversed again by the clubs and lofty will have to do the right thing and abide by the rules and the spirit of the game. Oh by the way Humour me the only reason you stayed in central was that no country club applied to come up. Call that luck certainly not good man agent.

At least I have a club. Most sensible footy supporters know that success and failure are cyclical. Lobey have won 3 of the past 16 flags so are probably in the top 4 or 5 most successful clubs in the past 2 decades and we've shown in the last 2-3 years that we're on the improve again. I'll be more than happy to come back on to say I was wrong if the board is replaced but I heard the same thing for years when we had a far less effective board so I'm not convinced. Easy to talk, action is a little harder.

On a positive note, congrats to Matthew Fuller for being drafted to the Westen Bulldogs tonight. The Lobey footy club very proud of you (as I'm sure the Gumeracha footy club is as well)
humour me
Mini-League

Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Lobethal

Postby The Panther » Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:44 am

My opinion as a follower of Echunga.

1. I was and am still against us going up to Central.

Why: It's not because i want the club to stay in Country for ever , I don't. I believe it is an admirable goal for the club to want to go up to the next level, but when we are ready as a club.
My feelings are we should take 12 months and really plan for it.
A. our B grade scraped into the finals in country.
B. Under 17's won one game.
C. Under 15's missed finals.
D. No under 13's.
E. Extra cost in running a Central Division A grade team.

Yes our A grade was undefeated, but the rest of the club needs some serious building to compete as a club at Central Division.
Cliche : "The house will fall without good foundations".

BUT,

The club had a meeting and voted to go up. The HFL voted it through or to continue with the promotion / relegation system effectively voting it through.
Then at the eleventh hour the HFL used a loophole to deny it .
So despite the fact, as an individual Echunga follower who thinks we could use 12 months to plan for promotion it does on the surface look poorly handled to say the least by the HFL members on the board involved in the decission making.

On the Mt.Lofty comments. It is completely understandable they would leave no stone unturned to do what is best for their club. The final outcome lies solely with the HFL. It is not a Echunga vs Lofty situation but a question of the rules and playing conditions in which all HFL clubs need to operate under.

My two cents worth.
The Panther
Under 16s

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 58 times

Postby cracka » Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:57 am

The Panther wrote:My opinion as a follower of Echunga.

1. I was and am still against us going up to Central.

Why: It's not because i want the club to stay in Country for ever , I don't. I believe it is an admirable goal for the club to want to go up to the next level, but when we are ready as a club.
My feelings are we should take 12 months and really plan for it.
A. our B grade scraped into the finals in country.
B. Under 17's won one game.
C. Under 15's missed finals.
D. No under 13's.
E. Extra cost in running a Central Division A grade team.

Yes our A grade was undefeated, but the rest of the club needs some serious building to compete as a club at Central Division.
Cliche : "The house will fall without good foundations".

BUT,

The club had a meeting and voted to go up. The HFL voted it through or to continue with the promotion / relegation system effectively voting it through.
Then at the eleventh hour the HFL used a loophole to deny it .
So despite the fact, as an individual Echunga follower who thinks we could use 12 months to plan for promotion it does on the surface look poorly handled to say the least by the HFL members on the board involved in the decission making.

On the Mt.Lofty comments. It is completely understandable they would leave no stone unturned to do what is best for their club. The final outcome lies solely with the HFL. It is not a Echunga vs Lofty situation but a question of the rules and playing conditions in which all HFL clubs need to operate under.

My two cents worth.

Well said. Been waiting for an Echunga response.
cracka
Veteran

Postby Armytank » Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:57 am

cracka wrote:Hey Armytank, did you get my pm, my settings say its still in the outbox & not sent yet.

Recieved and returned cracka, it is all very interesting!
Armytank
Under 18s

Postby jumbo20 » Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:29 pm

14 team comp gathering momentum?Echunga,Birdwood Nairne and Meadows
jumbo20
Under 16s

Been liked: 9 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby spot on » Fri Nov 22, 2013 7:01 pm

jumbo20 wrote:14 team comp gathering momentum?Echunga,Birdwood Nairne and Meadows

What happens to the rest?
spot on
Under 18s

Has liked: 44 times
Been liked: 9 times
Grassroots Team: Casterton

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy