HFL Division 1 (Central)

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: HFL Central Division

Postby Tanka » Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:16 am

Ok so I am assuming most posters on here have an affiliation with a Central Div club........ which is the best way to ensure this doesn't happen again next year, because I am sure if Nairne or Mt Lofty win the flag, the bottom Central team will be going to Country Div??

Should the promoted and demoted clubs be judged on the whole club equally or should they be on only the A Grade results??

At the moment the A Grade Premier side is eligible to apply for Central Div but the worst performing Club as a whole is judged eligible for demotion - this has to be made equal so there is then no issue.

I think it should be that the Club that finishes top as whole should be eligible to apply not the A Grade Premier
Tanka
Under 16s

Has liked: 30 times
Been liked: 5 times

Postby Banker » Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:19 am

Tanka wrote:I think it should be that the Club that finishes top as whole should be eligible to apply not the A Grade Premier

Not much confidence in Nairne making the GF Tanka?
Banker
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 59 times
Been liked: 25 times

Postby Banker » Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:25 am

Champ wrote:Any respnse from Lofty?

Champ, any chance of seeing Beaver and/or J.Edwards at Echunga next year?

Both left for financial reasons, surely the club has a war chest together to make sure they are competive next year?
Banker
League Bench Warmer

Postby Tanka » Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:28 am

Not quite sure what that means mate??? I have no affiliation with a Country Club hence posting in the Central Div forum... For what its worth I don't think Lofty are a shoe in the win next year and Nairne are probably further back again than Lofty.

I just think most of the problems stem from the fact that only 1 Grade is judged for promotion but the whole club is judged for demotion - fix this and it becomes simple
Tanka
Under 16s

Has liked: 30 times
Been liked: 5 times

Postby has been » Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:42 am

Lofty angry and stormed out of meeting. Quite amazing really when one considers they now die by the sword they put in place 2 years ago. Rightly so. Wonder how many of the board got voted off ? That's the other problem. Sam miles to south ?
has been
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 7 times

Postby Champ » Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:05 pm

Its all too late now isn't it? I mean any amendments had to be made at the AGM for the coming season didn't they?

It would be near impossible to judge a country club by their total club points; what happens if Maccy or Gums have a break out year recruiting wise and then we're back here.
The HFL should just bank on Kersbrook taking the Country title and Echunga not coming bottom...

As stated before, I think the HFL should copy the SAAFL no questions asked. If the HFL trully believes that as a collective it has the product to offer the best league in the state then they have to fill the void between the two divisions.
Champ
Under 18s

Has liked: 51 times
Been liked: 9 times
Grassroots Team: Gawler Central

Postby The Panther » Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:25 pm

I think to be promoted it should be : Win A grade premiership plus finish top of club championship. This would ensure that the club coming up is strong across the entire club.
Relegation criteria to remain the same.
The Panther
Under 16s

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 58 times

Postby Fricky » Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:19 pm

Champ wrote:Its all too late now isn't it? I mean any amendments had to be made at the AGM for the coming season didn't they?

It would be near impossible to judge a country club by their total club points; what happens if Maccy or Gums have a break out year recruiting wise and then we're back here.
The HFL should just bank on Kersbrook taking the Country title and Echunga not coming bottom...

As stated before, I think the HFL should copy the SAAFL no questions asked. If the HFL trully believes that as a collective it has the product to offer the best league in the state then they have to fill the void between the two divisions.

One negative aspect of the SAAFL promotion/relegation system is at times B Grade sides endure a few years of being pummeled since they follow the A grades success as the club moves up the grades. This was such a problem with clubs C grade sides that the SAAFL now have a stand alone promotion/relegation system for the C grade competition.

Also, our juniors have no bearing on the senior clubs since they play on Sundays. Seems that a simple up/down system based on the A grade results may not fit what the Hills Footy Leagues need.
Fricky
League - Best 21

Has liked: 94 times
Been liked: 120 times
Grassroots Team: Walkerville

Postby MONTE CRISTO » Tue Dec 03, 2013 5:05 pm

A couple of questions for Echunga supporters. Didn't Echunga once previously go through an undefeated year in Country Division under Michael Aish and then with him moved into Central Division. If memory serves me correctly they had a winless, or near enough to, season and went down the next year. Now I don't profess to know the current coach but wouldn't think he possesses the same credentials as Michael Aish. And so the first question is - will history repeat itself?

Not sure what Echunga's budget was last season but it will need to double if they are to pick up a few more quality players to be competitive. And so the second question - can they raise the extra cash and can it be sustained?
MONTE CRISTO
Rookie

Been liked: 4 times

Postby cracka » Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:14 pm

has been wrote:Lofty angry and stormed out of meeting. Quite amazing really when one considers they now die by the sword they put in place 2 years ago. Rightly so. Wonder how many of the board got voted off ? That's the other problem. Sam miles to south ?

Yeah Lofty storming out was the only exciting thing that happened. The whole board was retained with 1 addition, a guy from Maccy I think, who has previously been on the board.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 461 times
Been liked: 566 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby Champ » Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:08 pm

MONTE CRISTO wrote:A couple of questions for Echunga supporters. Didn't Echunga once previously go through an undefeated year in Country Division under Michael Aish and then with him moved into Central Division. If memory serves me correctly they had a winless, or near enough to, season and went down the next year. Now I don't profess to know the current coach but wouldn't think he possesses the same credentials as Michael Aish. And so the first question is - will history repeat itself?

Not sure what Echunga's budget was last season but it will need to double if they are to pick up a few more quality players to be competitive. And so the second question - can they raise the extra cash and can it be sustained?

So judging by your expert opinion Echunga should give up now based on 1994 or whenever it was? Sword swallower.
Champ
Under 18s

Postby Banker » Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:05 am

MONTE CRISTO wrote:A couple of questions for Echunga supporters. Didn't Echunga once previously go through an undefeated year in Country Division under Michael Aish and then with him moved into Central Division. If memory serves me correctly they had a winless, or near enough to, season and went down the next year. Now I don't profess to know the current coach but wouldn't think he possesses the same credentials as Michael Aish. And so the first question is - will history repeat itself?

It's not about A grade.

It's about the juniors getting a game each week and retaining the talent from jumping ship to Handorf/Barker to play footy.
Banker
League Bench Warmer

Postby has been » Wed Dec 04, 2013 5:38 pm

Lofty having another sgm of their own I am told to decide where they play in 2014. Hopefully they go to SAAFL as they have held talks with them. That would be another dumb decision they have made. I believe lofty should not worry about the welfare of their juniors as a couple of neighbouring clubs are well advanced in their approaches to parents. Their committee seem to have a bad habit of making decisions based on emotion and no common sense. SFL i hear rejected them as non competative. Talk about take the bat and ball spit the dummy and go home............. Does anyone know when the 2014 draw is out now we know the teams ?
has been
Rookie

Been liked: 7 times

Postby the wonder elephant » Wed Dec 04, 2013 5:41 pm

has been wrote:Lofty having another sgm of their own I am told to decide where they play in 2014. Hopefully they go to SAAFL as they have held talks with them. That would be another dumb decision they have made. I believe lofty should not worry about the welfare of their juniors as a couple of neighbouring clubs are well advanced in their approaches to parents. Their committee seem to have a bad habit of making decisions based on emotion and no common sense. SFL i hear rejected them as non competative. Talk about take the bat and ball spit the dummy and go home............. Does anyone know when the 2014 draw is out now we know the teams ?

Sounds like toys are out of the cot , im sure shanty , uris and ironbank will take any of there juniors that want to stay in the hills :D
the wonder elephant
League - Best 21

Has liked: 114 times
Been liked: 18 times
Grassroots Team: Ironbank

Postby Keyser Soze » Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:12 pm

has been wrote:Lofty having another sgm of their own I am told to decide where they play in 2014. Hopefully they go to SAAFL as they have held talks with them. That would be another dumb decision they have made. I believe lofty should not worry about the welfare of their juniors as a couple of neighbouring clubs are well advanced in their approaches to parents. Their committee seem to have a bad habit of making decisions based on emotion and no common sense. SFL i hear rejected them as non competative. Talk about take the bat and ball spit the dummy and go home............. Does anyone know when the 2014 draw is out now we know the teams ?

SFL rejected them as "non-competitive".......really so no-one from the SFL watched an Aldinga game for the last few years?
Keyser Soze
Rookie

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 10 times

Postby Champ » Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:07 pm

Keyser Soze wrote:

SFL rejected them as "non-competitive".......really so no-one from the SFL watched an Aldinga game for the last few years?

I find this hard to believe in fact did lofty really even apply as opposed to people's fanciful crap on here?!
The SFL competition is not that flash, it's too teams are good but after 5 or 6 it's all down hill.
The only probable example though could be edwardstown who transferred for SAAFL div 2 or 3 maybe and they haven't gone that well mainly due to blokes from SAAFL days jumping ship I suspect?
Champ
Under 18s

Postby jumbo20 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:38 pm

Mt Lofty not saying much
jumbo20
Under 16s

Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby the_grinch » Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:59 pm

jumbo20 wrote:Mt Lofty not saying much

This is the central div thread ;)
the_grinch
Mini-League

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 4 times

Postby Dutchy » Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:06 pm

Anyone know why Lofty aren't now just putting all their energies into smashing it in Country in 2014 and coming back up in 2015? Surely they could talk their juniors into 1 year in country also without a massive walkout.

12 months time if all goes well this will be forgotten and they will be a stronger club for it.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2322 times
Been liked: 3496 times

Postby supercoach » Thu Dec 05, 2013 6:02 pm

:D :D :D knowing Trev Gould and how stubborn he is if lofty go to amateurs then that will destroy the club as it is. The reason they don't want to go to country is that they know full well they will struggle to make the finals in a and b grade and that would be embarrassing. Speaking to a few of their a graders they won't hang around if the amateur option is taken. I notice they have not trained this week since the hfl sgm decision to relegation was confirmed. I suppose we should discuss now we know the teams in central who will make finals and who won't and does anyone know of ins and outs at clubs for 2014.
supercoach
Rookie

Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Uraidla Districts

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy