HFL Division 1 (Central)

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: HFL Central Division

Postby Droversdog » Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:49 pm

Kickittometoo wrote:
the wonder elephant wrote:
Hear the roar wrote:
FairDinkum wrote:Milang too, unless they get colts and head to Central div

Thanks for the mention FD. We haven't been factored into this discussion thus far. Colts for us are not envisaged in the next 2 years as our aim is to live within our means and field a side of locals or nearby who play for the jumper. When we have enough kids we will expand. Until then we would hope there is a place for a club which actually represents grassroots footy.

Did you guys get a vote ?

Yes as far as I know Milang did get a vote and so they should. Probably the only club that stays out of the firing line and gets on with playing footy.

Can you PM me HTR with your details? I have some potential players for you.
Droversdog
Mini-League

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Mt Lofty

Postby rock » Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:30 am

What's happening with Mt Lofty? I hear they have been talking to the SFL.
rock
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 12 times

Postby Banker » Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:13 pm

rock wrote:What's happening with Mt Lofty? I hear they have been talking to the SFL.

Juniors to Metro South.

Seniors will probably play Amateurs because they dont think they can beat Meadows or Nairne to qualify for Country Div GF next year :?
Banker
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 59 times
Been liked: 25 times

Postby jumbo20 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:59 pm

done deal?
jumbo20
Under 16s

Been liked: 9 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Afterthesiren » Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:52 pm

If true, what division?
Afterthesiren
Under 18s

Been liked: 5 times

Postby supercoach » Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:56 pm

There are great concerns at lofty that the factional committee that tried to keep the devs in central will vote to go to amateurs out of spite to the hfl. Speaking to a past pres and their current best player over the past day Or so and they like many won't be hanging around. Believe many clubs r circling the carcas that it is about to become. Pity that.
supercoach
Rookie

Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Uraidla Districts

Postby Banker » Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:29 pm

jumbo20 wrote:done deal?

No, club meeting tomorrow night to decide.
Banker
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 59 times
Been liked: 25 times

Postby From The Outer » Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:37 pm

As an outsider this situation with Mt Lofty is simply comical and must go down as one of the biggest dummy spits by a country football club. Any club worth there salt would take their medicine and work their ass off to come back bigger and stronger. One gets the feeling the club will be so exhausted by Christmas that it could severly limit their performance whereever they play next year.
From The Outer
Under 16s

Been liked: 6 times
Grassroots Team: Imperials

Postby Ye Olde Place Kick » Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:29 pm

supercoach wrote:There are great concerns at lofty that the factional committee that tried to keep the devs in central will vote to go to amateurs out of spite to the hfl. Speaking to a past pres and their current best player over the past day Or so and they like many won't be hanging around. Believe many clubs r circling the carcas that it is about to become. Pity that.

So the club would have to start in Div 6?? if they went to Amateurs. What standard would that be compered to the Country Division clubs? eg top 3 or top 5 or out of the finals. Plus there goes a combined club with juniors playing with the seniors on the same day. Smacks of a hell of a spite trip that achieves what? In the future if the club were to come back into the Hills League would they still have to start back in the country div? or waiting for the league to become only one div? Either way it seems a long haul back to make the club competitive if it ever got back into the Central div, thats if the club survives this current event.
Not connected with the club or the League but just don't understand the reasoning.
Ye Olde Place Kick
Under 16s

Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 42 times

Postby rock » Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:54 pm

It's not all bad is it? Metro South is a strong junior comp and the seniors could work their way through the divisions. Hope they don't kick up if they get relegated down a division haha :)
rock
Under 16s

Postby The Sorce » Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:06 am

I hope Mt Lofty have their Boxing Gloves ready if they are thinking of Joining an Amateur Division that low...... at that level its only about 20% actual football the rest is just fights and thugs running around looking to clean someone up!.
Country Division
The Sorce
Under 16s

Been liked: 4 times

Postby the milky bar kid » Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:11 am

The Sorce wrote:I hope Mt Lofty have their Boxing Gloves ready if they are thinking of Joining an Amateur Division that low...... at that level its only about 20% actual football the rest is just fights and thugs running around looking to clean someone up!.

PFFFFTTTT.... Turn it up...
the milky bar kid
League - Best 21

Has liked: 119 times
Been liked: 238 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Mr Beefy » Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:19 am

The Sorce wrote:I hope Mt Lofty have their Boxing Gloves ready if they are thinking of Joining an Amateur Division that low...... at that level its only about 20% actual football the rest is just fights and thugs running around looking to clean someone up!.

Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 404 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby rock » Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:52 am

I think Mt Lofty would be aiming a bit higher than Div 6. I'd imagine the SAAFL would accept them at about Div 4 level. From an outsider looking in its actually not a bad move. Metro South is a very strong junior comp and the Amateur League at those mid range divisions don't pay out ridiculous amounts for players. So financially it would be a smart move.
rock
Under 16s

Postby woodublieve12 » Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:58 am

rock wrote:I think Mt Lofty would be aiming a bit higher than Div 6. I'd imagine the SAAFL would accept them at about Div 4 level. From an outsider looking in its actually not a bad move. Metro South is a very strong junior comp and the Amateur League at those mid range divisions don't pay out ridiculous amounts for players. So financially it would be a smart move.

i would think NOT. I reckon a few clubs might have a bit to say about that!
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3016 times
Been liked: 2384 times

Postby zedman » Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:20 am

zedman
Coach

Has liked: 1077 times
Been liked: 387 times

Postby has been » Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:01 pm

Have just been notified the only 2 options being voted on at tonights SGM are that 1. Lofty seniors in HFL and Juniors Metro Sth and option 2 are Lofty seniors Amateurs and Juniors Metro South. There is no other option given or proposed. Having read through the Chairpersons logic it claims that to field teams in HFL country to win a flag would cost $100k and Amateurs $40k. (If they are stupid enough to pay that then they need a new footy director) The proposal Notes comparisons to Goody Saints who started in Div 4 and have won a few flags lately. Does Kym seriously believe that all the ex league players they recruited played for love !!!! The proposal also presumes that HFL would allow the Devs to field seniors without juniors - I don't think so. (It is blatantly clear that there are serious management problems at the Devils and I think what should be voted on is a new committee.) They base this assumption on the fact that sedan and other teams do this but have forgotten conveniently that they would if they could. Out of interest I rang Amateur league to find out if they still cap junior team numbers at lists of 28 and was informed that they do. That being the case would shoot down the theory of moving there as you can't have multiple teams in the same comp. They also have even age groups of 12,14,16 and 18s - The AFL way. There is actually a Q & A component to the justification for tearing the heart and sole from a club. It is quite comical that Kym and Mark being Chair and President are driven by spite and no common sense. It will be a very interesting SGM and a family member will be there voting to try to keep sense involved and the club in the HFL totally. Do the time in country and prove how good they are and come back up. Unfortunately we are about to see the death of a proud club. :oops: :oops:
has been
Rookie

Been liked: 7 times

Postby Amateur Footy » Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:02 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:
rock wrote:I think Mt Lofty would be aiming a bit higher than Div 6. I'd imagine the SAAFL would accept them at about Div 4 level. From an outsider looking in its actually not a bad move. Metro South is a very strong junior comp and the Amateur League at those mid range divisions don't pay out ridiculous amounts for players. So financially it would be a smart move.

They are looking at Div 3 or 4. I'd suggest 4 as a starting point from what I've seen of your beloved bulldogs who won the Div 4 flag. Any lower and there wouldn't be any chance of them making the move. They also think they can emulate the success of Goodwood and rise up to win Div 1 in 5-6 years on a $40k budget ha ha. :shock: :shock:

I would agree they would have to get used to the slightly less disciplined acts that come with the lower divisions. Div 3 or 4 isn't too bad but late hits are part of the game when things get heated or one team gets on top.

I don't think it is a good thing for the HFL if Mt Lofty self destructs on this, but if the "pride" of the committee/members gets in the way of logical decisions then so be it.
Amateur Footy
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 7 times
Grassroots Team: Ironbank

Postby Panther32 » Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:04 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:

One of the conditions has always been that if you want to enter the SAAFL you start from the bottom.
So I would highly doubt they would let them in at Div 4 as it would make a mockery of their whole promotion/relegation system, which Mt Lofty have a problem with it seems anyway!!!
Take your lumps and go down to Country you bunch of sooks!
The only time i've ever been wrong...was when I thought I was wrong!!!
Panther32
League - Best 21

Has liked: 104 times
Been liked: 13 times
Grassroots Team: Reynella

Postby Panther32 » Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:07 pm

Amateur Footy wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:

They are looking at Div 3 or 4. I'd suggest 4 as a starting point from what I've seen of your beloved bulldogs who won the Div 4 flag. Any lower and there wouldn't be any chance of them making the move. They also think they can emulate the success of Goodwood and rise up to win Div 1 in 5-6 years on a $40k budget ha ha. :shock: :shock:

I would agree they would have to get used to the slightly less disciplined acts that come with the lower divisions. Div 3 or 4 isn't too bad but late hits are part of the game when things get heated or one team gets on top.

I don't think it is a good thing for the HFL if Mt Lofty self destructs on this, but if the "pride" of the committee/members gets in the way of logical decisions then so be it.

From what I understand, Brighton looked at moving to the amateurs after winning the premiership due to the SFL not splitting the league into two divisions but they were told they would have to start at the bottom which they were never prepared to do, so I don't see why they would let Lofty start at Div 4.
There are 30 odd clubs below div 4 that have been working their ass off to get up to div 4 and above so I'm guessing 30 teams would be very unhappy if the SAAFL just let them start in div 4!!!
The only time i've ever been wrong...was when I thought I was wrong!!!
Panther32
League - Best 21

Has liked: 104 times
Been liked: 13 times
Grassroots Team: Reynella

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy