1%
Salisbury North
14%
Tea Tree Gully
3%

Total votes : 92

Re: SAAFL Division 1 2014

Postby The Riddler » Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:34 pm

Heard Port Districts have lost a stack of players? Todd Smitham retired, Catterall to Portland, Nathan McDowell to Moonta, Nathan Rose to Adelaide Plains League and the big one Jeremy Johncock back to Henley :shock: Is this all true?
The Riddler
League - Top 5

Has liked: 84 times
Been liked: 29 times

Postby Dols » Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:34 pm

Sounds like they just lost about 750 kilos also
Dols
Reserves

Has liked: 332 times
Been liked: 51 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby The Riddler » Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:11 am

The Riddler wrote:Heard Port Districts have lost a stack of players? Todd Smitham retired, Catterall to Portland, Nathan McDowell to Moonta, Nathan Rose to Adelaide Plains League and the big one Jeremy Johncock back to Henley :shock: Is this all true?

Add Rod Smitheram & Simon Maddern to retirement also :shock:
The Riddler
League - Top 5

Been liked: 29 times

Postby Boosh » Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:03 am

The Riddler wrote:
The Riddler wrote:Heard Port Districts have lost a stack of players? Todd Smitham retired, Catterall to Portland, Nathan McDowell to Moonta, Nathan Rose to Adelaide Plains League and the big one Jeremy Johncock back to Henley :shock: Is this all true?

I honestly thought Toddy and Mads would play on until they physically couldn't anymore so I will have to check that one out
I have a problem. It's to do with the little man, the squashed-in French man, the naked little squashed up hairy boy! You know! With the hand feet
*I apologise to Hope Valley people in advance, no offence intended
Boosh
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 256 times
Been liked: 192 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby bird of prey » Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:51 am

Boosh wrote:
The Riddler wrote:

I honestly thought Toddy and Mads would play on until they physically couldn't anymore so I will have to check that one out

I wouldn't worry about too much. Every year teams would tend to turnover 6-8 players due to various reasons. Losing any to retirement would make it even less of a concern, as I'm sure some younger guys would step up. I'm sure they'll pick up a few good ones. And then we'll have to hear all the crap all over again about how overpaid these recruits are :D
bird of prey
Under 18s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 40 times

Postby NO-MERCY » Sat Dec 14, 2013 9:14 am

To be honest Johncock's form has dropped off to previous years, i'm surprised Henley has upped the $$$ he was asking for. :shock:
I know Henley have lost some very good key players eg. Pederson, Cullen but to be getting $1000 as rumoured is way over the top for Amateur League standard.
NO-MERCY
Coach

Been liked: 15 times

Postby lutz » Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:47 pm

NO-MERCY wrote:To be honest Johncock's form has dropped off to previous years, i'm surprised Henley has upped the $$$ he was asking for. :shock:
I know Henley have lost some very good key players eg. Pederson, Cullen but to be getting $1000 as rumoured is way over the top for Amateur League standard.

I would be surprised if he was getting $1000 a game, but I could well be wrong. I'd heard that Districts tried to cut his payment by $250, Henley matched what he was previously on, Districts then matched what Henley were offering, but by then the damage was done. I'd say he has more mates at Henley than PDFC too, especially after the exodus that PDFC has experienced the last couple of years.
Apparently Districts have picked up a ruck man from Willaston, but not sure how good he is.

Pederson from what I'm hearing atm is likely to stay at Henley now. He was a chance of moving to Darwin where he has played before as his gf was a chance of getting a job up there, but I have heard she did not get the position. Not good news for the opposition rucks of D1.
lutz
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 16 times

Postby CHUMAN » Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:53 am

Ross Christie and Heath commane to rostrevor anyone? Must be cashed up, but then again they don't pay players.....
CHUMAN
Mini-League

Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Kilburn

Postby grasshopper22 » Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:47 am

Meningie Football Club in the River Murray Football League are looking for a couple of trial games, dates available are 22nd and 29th of march, would like 1 of those to be at Meningie and will return the favour the following year, plz pm me if interested and can then exchange contact details etc and go from there. Cheers
grasshopper22
Reserves

Been liked: 23 times

Postby Jim05 » Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:15 pm

CHUMAN wrote:Ross Christie and Heath commane to rostrevor anyone? Must be cashed up, but then again they don't pay players.....

Christie to Henley and Commane to Walkerville seems to be the most common rumour up here
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3552 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby finn » Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:24 pm

I heard Commane to ROCs.
always forgive your enemies...nothing annoys them so much
finn
League - Best 21

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 22 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide University

Postby Failed Creation » Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:29 am

finn wrote:I heard Commane to ROCs.

If that's true, they're going to have one hell of a forward line.
Politicians kissing babies for good luck,
TV preachers sell salvation for a buck.
You don't need no golden cross to tell you wrong from right,
The world's worst murderers were those who saw the light.
Failed Creation
Coach

Has liked: 3307 times
Been liked: 613 times
Grassroots Team: Gawler Central

Postby swingman » Tue Dec 24, 2013 10:22 pm

Failed Creation wrote:
finn wrote:I heard Commane to ROCs.

If that's true, they're going to have one hell of a forward line.

Lister left i heard
swingman
Rookie

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 10 times
Grassroots Team: North Pines

Postby Footy Chick » Tue Dec 24, 2013 10:24 pm

You mean retired?
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby swingman » Tue Dec 24, 2013 10:31 pm

lutz wrote:
NO-MERCY wrote:To be honest Johncock's form has dropped off to previous years, i'm surprised Henley has upped the $$$ he was asking for. :shock:

I would be surprised if he was getting $1000 a game, but I could well be wrong. I'd heard that Districts tried to cut his payment by $250, Henley matched what he was previously on, Districts then matched what Henley were offering, but by then the damage was done. I'd say he has more mates at Henley than PDFC too, especially after the exodus that PDFC has experienced the last couple of years.
Apparently Districts have picked up a ruck man from Willaston, but not sure how good he is.

Pederson from what I'm hearing atm is likely to stay at Henley now. He was a chance of moving to Darwin where he has played before as his gf was a chance of getting a job up there, but I have heard she did not get the position. Not good news for the opposition rucks of D1.

800 a game is what Henley matched from his previous year. districs offered 550 before going back to 800. but the damage was done.

heard a few of goodwods older players have announced their retirements, can anyone confirm this
swingman
Rookie

Postby swingman » Tue Dec 24, 2013 10:35 pm

Footy Chick wrote:You mean retired?

heard he has 'retired' to a div 3 club
swingman
Rookie

Postby Footy Chick » Tue Dec 24, 2013 10:38 pm

swingman wrote:

rival school?

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Postby bird of prey » Tue Dec 24, 2013 11:07 pm

Footy Chick wrote:
swingman wrote:

rival school?

Ha ha!
Completely the opposite......... Kilburn.
bird of prey
Under 18s

Been liked: 40 times

Postby Footy Chick » Tue Dec 24, 2013 11:33 pm

:shock:

Footy Chick

Postby Jetters » Thu Dec 26, 2013 10:18 pm

swingman wrote:
lutz wrote:

800 a game is what Henley matched from his previous year. districs offered 550 before going back to 800. but the damage was done.

heard a few of goodwods older players have announced their retirements, can anyone confirm this

Don't think so
Jetters
Reserves

Has liked: 106 times
Been liked: 119 times
Grassroots Team: Unley

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League