SANFL to Port - Summerton is a NO go!!!!

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: SANFL to Port - Summerton is a NO go!!!!

Postby Mic » Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:02 am

beenreal wrote:
Blackwhite wrote:
Grahaml wrote:
beenreal wrote:
Really couldn't care what people think about the PAFC. All I care about is winning the $ANFL Premiership.

Problem is your club doesn't. I find it bewildering and sad that you don't care about that.

Was just about to post something along those lines. Beenreal, surely you can't tell me the power reserves main aim is to win SANFL premierships.

I know for a FACT the Port Adelaide Football Club intends to win the $ANFL Premiership. As a club, maintaining a connection to the local community is integral to their growth strategy. You can only demonstrate that commitment by winning.

The Power reserves team is committed to Power winning an AFL premiership.
Mic
League - Top 5

Has liked: 166 times
Been liked: 144 times

Postby Dogwatcher » Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:09 am

I hope Beenreal is correct. I look forward to seeing how committed the two AFL sides are to winning the SANFL premiership.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Booney » Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:26 am

Dogwatcher wrote:I hope Beenreal is correct. I look forward to seeing how committed the two AFL sides are to winning the SANFL premiership.

How will you measure that?

I would have said Glenelg were committed to winning the SANFL premisership last year, so would South, Sturt, West etc etc. So how will one measure that commitment?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Dogwatcher » Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:32 am

I think, as football fans, you and I will both know if they're being dinkum through player positioning, willingness to change plans (rather than stick to the proscribed AFL playing style and positions) when in scoreboard deficiency, by playing people who deserve a league game, by not having to fit four ruckmen, or five CHBs into the one side, just because they are contracted to the club.
Things that normal teams do who are playing for a premiership and are not just using the competition as a vassal to further their own needs higher up the footy food chain.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby FlyingHigh » Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:37 am

Dogwatcher wrote:I think, as football fans, you and I will both know if they're being dinkum through player positioning, willingness to change plans (rather than stick to the proscribed AFL playing style and positions) when in scoreboard deficiency, by playing people who deserve a league game, by not having to fit four ruckmen, or five CHBs into the one side, just because they are contracted to the club.
Things that normal teams do who are playing for a premiership and are not just using the competition as a vassal to further their own needs higher up the footy food chain.

On a bit of a different track, it raises the question of whether betting is going to be allowed on Power and Crows reserves games.
FlyingHigh
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 81 times
Been liked: 173 times

Postby beenreal » Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:47 am

Dogwatcher wrote:I hope Beenreal is correct. I look forward to seeing how committed the two AFL sides are to winning the SANFL premiership.

A problem with your summation DW, is by the very nature of the way they have structured, ie. rotating players on 4-6 week contracts the AFC cannot realistically expect to have a decent tilt at the SANFL Premiership. Who are they going to select come Finals time? Which players will put their hand up to potentially play against their home club that they have spent the majority of the year with?
PORT ADELAIDE FOOTBALL CLUB
Serving the community since 1870
Developing footballers for 143 years
Proud of the Past, Confident of the Future
beenreal
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 11 times
Grassroots Team: Seaton Ramblers

Postby Booney » Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:01 am

Dogwatcher wrote:I think, as football fans, you and I will both know if they're being dinkum through player positioning, willingness to change plans (rather than stick to the proscribed AFL playing style and positions) when in scoreboard deficiency, by playing people who deserve a league game, by not having to fit four ruckmen, or five CHBs into the one side, just because they are contracted to the club.

On another forum I frequent it has been suggested that AFL listed players at Alberton must play ahead of any top-up players in the SANFL league side. I disagree and I expect the club does too, that's why it was the intent of the PAFC to keep reserves in the SANFL.

If the cry of integrity comes up and Port are told to play AFL players ahead of top-up players despite form or fitness then it truly is a farce.

I would expect the likes of Jarman Impey and other new draftess to start in the Magpies reserves, and I also expect where they play (league or reserves) to be the business of nobody but the PAFC.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Panther Pack » Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:15 pm

Personally would prefer both AFL reserves teams to sit bottom 2 on the SANFL ladder. This is nothing against either club or their supporters but the day either AFL Reserves team wins the SANFL will truly be the end of the SANFL.
Panther Pack
Reserves

Been liked: 137 times

Postby Pseudo » Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:15 pm

Panther Pack wrote:Personally would prefer both AFL reserves teams to sit bottom 2 on the SANFL ladder. This is nothing against either club or their supporters but the day either AFL Reserves team wins the SANFL will truly be the end of the SANFL.

Personally would prefer that both AFL entities piss right off and the SANFL resumes its course as a competition comprising eight dinkum clubs. AFL garbage does not belong in Our League.
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1553 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby beenreal » Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:35 pm

Pseudo wrote:
Panther Pack wrote:Personally would prefer both AFL reserves teams to sit bottom 2 on the SANFL ladder. This is nothing against either club or their supporters but the day either AFL Reserves team wins the SANFL will truly be the end of the SANFL.

Personally would prefer that both AFL entities piss right off and the SANFL resumes its course as a competition comprising eight dinkum clubs. AFL garbage does not belong in Our League.

Meanwhile, in the REAL WORLD....
beenreal
League Bench Warmer

Postby Pseudo » Tue Dec 17, 2013 4:04 pm

beenreal wrote:
Pseudo wrote:

Meanwhile, in the REAL WORLD....

You mean that real world where the VFL dropped the V from it's name to make it easier for SA to join? Image
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1553 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby RB » Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:03 pm

Booney wrote:I also expect where they play (league or reserves) to be the business of nobody but the PAFC.

You mean like how where Aaron Young played, league or reserves, was the business of nobody but the NAFC?
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
RB
Coach

Has liked: 759 times
Been liked: 1073 times

Postby sjt » Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:09 pm

This competition slips further into a farcical, corrupt league. When I posted a while ago that summerton wouldn't be playing for $400, some posters tried to argue it's not all about money, loyalty, facilities blah, blah, blah Technically they're not paying him more than $400 a game until 2016. Yet again they've used a loophole, and the sanfl has been too gutless to stop it. So is Raikiwasa on $400 a game until about 2020 then they'll pay him $500k ?
I still hope the paps and c$&@" finish third and fourth and smash the bendover clubs, but this really is a continuous bad and sad joke.
sjt
League - Best 21

Has liked: 118 times
Been liked: 59 times

Postby Panther Pack » Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:16 pm

Pseudo wrote:

You make a compelling arguement and on reflection I would have to agree.
Panther Pack
Reserves

Been liked: 137 times

Postby Booney » Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:20 am

RB wrote:
Booney wrote:I also expect where they play (league or reserves) to be the business of nobody but the PAFC.

You mean like how where Aaron Young played, league or reserves, was the business of nobody but the NAFC?

Quite the contrary. Port Adelaide is the club paying his wages and has a vested interest in his development.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby hereselmo1 » Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:38 am

I'm a bit confused?

So now you all want the PAFC to win the SANFL premiership?
hereselmo1
Under 16s

Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 1 time

Postby Booney » Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:46 am

hereselmo1 wrote:I'm a bit confused?

:D
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby areaman » Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:18 pm

Yep.

I'm hanging out for a Crows Reserves v Power Reserves Grand Final.

It will be awesome. The build up will be the greatest in SANFL history.
areaman
Under 16s

Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 31 times

Postby Grahaml » Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:24 pm

No, we want you to try and fail miserably as you've been doing for the last decade or so.
Grahaml
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 169 times

Postby beenreal » Wed Dec 18, 2013 6:13 pm

Grahaml wrote:

No, we want you to try and fail miserably as you've been doing for the last decade or so.

Just like your mob did for 3+ Decades, or so.

That is until you copied the template for success.

But like most cheap, copy products, that only works for a short period of time.

8)
beenreal
League Bench Warmer

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL