The Sleeping Giant
Coach

Has liked: 69 times
Been liked: 193 times

Re: SANFL MEMBERSHIPS SEASON 2014

Postby southee » Sun Dec 29, 2013 8:01 pm

The Sleeping Giant wrote:No

Fair call.
Is out of change.....thanks Cambridge Clarrie!!!
southee
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 858 times
Been liked: 122 times

Postby Spargo » Sun Dec 29, 2013 8:13 pm

Does this make your hatred for the situation greater than the love for your club?
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5474 times
Been liked: 5116 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby The Sleeping Giant » Sun Dec 29, 2013 8:41 pm

North voting yes didn't go over well with me, but the lies coming from the club in recent times is enough.

I don't have much faith in the people running the SANFL, and certainly not at North.
Cannabis is safer than alcohol
The Sleeping Giant
Coach

Postby csbowes » Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:38 pm

I can sympathise with TSG. I stopped my membership with Sturt last year after 20 years as a member simply because I lost faith in the people running the club. The decision to vote yes without even considering the views of members just proved to me my lack of faith was warranted.

As such I won't be returning as a member until something changes at the club.
csbowes
League - Best 21

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 77 times

Postby Pseudo » Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:18 pm

Spargo wrote:

Does this make your hatred for the situation greater than the love for your club?

Perhaps he is not renewing his membership because he loves his club.
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Been liked: 1557 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby The Sleeping Giant » Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:39 pm

Pseudo wrote:
Spargo wrote:

Perhaps he is not renewing his membership because he loves his club.

Supporters say they support through thick and thin, but there comes a time when you have to say enough is enough. I don't think I'm alone in that thinking. Have plenty of mates that will still go every week and I'm happy for them. Also have mates that will not go as often now, and aren't going to renew their membership.

I will be watching with interest at the crowd and membership numbers though. I predict that after the novelty wears off, the crows and power start struggling in the AFL and the grind of winter starts, the numbers won't look too good though.

p.s. Noth's loss is Sydney's gain. Will be getting a couple of memberships, and have already started looking at getting to Sydney and Melbourne for a few games, instead of heading to Adelaide for a few games.
Cannabis is safer than alcohol
The Sleeping Giant
Coach

Postby zipzap » Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:05 am

Sadly I'm going to be with TSG, Pseudo, CSBowes and lots of others this year. I love my club but not the choices it's made that has lead to the shambles of a league it's now playing in. Had a phone call from the club responding to some of my criticisms, explaining the huge price jump and encouraging me (and all family members) to rejoin despite my reservations about the Crows / Power debacle. Leaving aside the fact I'm still reeling from the AwFL decision my club was party to, the simple fact of the matter is the maths doesn't add up, for me at least as I choose not to go to the training cone games: $215 for 14 games is just nonsensical. If it wasn't for the enjoyable social aspect of watching the footy with mates, and the fact that my young lad is loving discovering footy, I'm pretty sure I'd be looking for something else to do on the weekends.
"A no vote from any club means there is some sort of risk involved in our entry into the competition not working," Steven Trigg.
zipzap
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 248 times
Been liked: 39 times

Postby csbowes » Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:00 pm

The Sturt FC recently sent out this email to members and non-members...

Dear member,
Players, coaches, staff and volunteers have prepared a list of maintenance items requiring urgent attention in the Change Rooms, Weight Room and Club Rooms. We ask if you could kindly review the attached list and if you are available to assist either physically or financially could you please contact the club on 8271 4611 to register your involvement.
Please see the list attached below of the items requiring attention, these items will need to be completed prior to the start of the Season.
There is much to do. Your club needs you as "The Team Behind the Team", any assistance you can offer will be greatly appreciated.

While I support the clubs endeavours to seek volunteer help from members and non-members alike, I can't help but feel its a bit rich of the club to ask supporters, as the "team behind the team" to help out, when the club so nonchalantly ignored them when it came to the Reserves question.

So really, they're asking help from the "team whose opinion we don't care about until we need money or free labour". I know its a bit of a whine, but surely someone at the club can see how this looks to some members and non-members.

Management 101 people... don't burn the people you need.
csbowes
League - Best 21

Been liked: 77 times

Postby Apachebulldog » Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:41 pm

Hey I know how you guys feel I don't like it either.

However the Chief will be renewing his membership with a home game package to support my club financially !!

But I will not be attending any AFL RESERVES games that's four free weekends plus other breaks for state games etc during the year YIPPPEEEEEEEE !!
SANFL 2000 - 2011 Central District 12 consecutive Grand Final appearances and 9 Premierships.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFFFFFFFFFF.

Hit em hard let them get up and hit em again.
Apachebulldog
League - Best 21

Has liked: 381 times
Been liked: 115 times

Postby Blackwhite » Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:19 am

csbowes wrote:The Sturt FC recently sent out this email to members and non-members...

Dear member,
Players, coaches, staff and volunteers have prepared a list of maintenance items requiring urgent attention in the Change Rooms, Weight Room and Club Rooms. We ask if you could kindly review the attached list and if you are available to assist either physically or financially could you please contact the club on 8271 4611 to register your involvement.
Please see the list attached below of the items requiring attention, these items will need to be completed prior to the start of the Season.
There is much to do. Your club needs you as "The Team Behind the Team", any assistance you can offer will be greatly appreciated.

While I support the clubs endeavours to seek volunteer help from members and non-members alike, I can't help but feel its a bit rich of the club to ask supporters, as the "team behind the team" to help out, when the club so nonchalantly ignored them when it came to the Reserves question.

So really, they're asking help from the "team whose opinion we don't care about until we need money or free labour". I know its a bit of a whine, but surely someone at the club can see how this looks to some members and non-members.

Management 101 people... don't burn the people you need.

Spot on. All clubs would be so much better off if they listened to there members. If this was the case, I am fairly certain members would be more inclined to help out the club in times of need.
Blackwhite
Reserves

Has liked: 58 times
Been liked: 44 times
Grassroots Team: Payneham NU

Previous

Board index   Football  SANFL