Adelaide Plains Football League

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: Adelaide Plains Football League

Postby the joker » Sat Dec 28, 2013 2:00 pm

The Dark Knight wrote:I remember Jamie broke his leg is that correct? When did he do that, I think it stuffed him up and it culled his chances of playing at a higher level? I've always rated the bloke, when he came back to the Magpies from the Magpies he stuggled and then found himself back at Salisbury North?

And that 'highlight' reel is shocking lol, the things we find on Youtube haha.
found him self back at salisbury north by choice.
I love vegatarian food. It goes great with steak.
the joker
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 58 times

Postby Rama_Army09 » Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:15 am

Failed Creation wrote:
OnSong wrote:
footys the winner wrote:He was 16/17 years old there. Where are both your highlight reels from state footy or the A.I.S?

Calm your farm mate. Just said we're sure the highlight reel probably isn't the best gauge of his ability.

The bloke can play, you can take that to the bank.

Any club in country or amateur footy would benefit from having such a player in their side.

Nobody has said the bloke can't play?
To Finish First, You First Need To Finish!!
Rama_Army09
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 3 times

Postby CHUMAN » Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:50 pm

got a sneak peak at the fixture for 2014, a game under lights on anzac day
CHUMAN
Mini-League

Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Kilburn

Postby OnSong » Mon Dec 30, 2013 3:48 pm

Have they sorted out if the A grade will play under lights? I understand it might be the JCs in case the lights aren't up to scratch?
Right in front of me. RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!
OnSong
Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 543 times

Postby Failed Creation » Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:47 pm

Rama_Army09 wrote:
Failed Creation wrote:
OnSong wrote:
footys the winner wrote:He was 16/17 years old there. Where are both your highlight reels from state footy or the A.I.S?

Calm your farm mate. Just said we're sure the highlight reel probably isn't the best gauge of his ability.

The bloke can play, you can take that to the bank.

Any club in country or amateur footy would benefit from having such a player in their side.

Nobody has said the bloke can't play?

I wasn't implying that either.

I was just saying (for those who've never witnessed Jimboss play) that he's an asset to any given side, despite what that video highlights feel suggests.
Politicians kissing babies for good luck,
TV preachers sell salvation for a buck.
You don't need no golden cross to tell you wrong from right,
The world's worst murderers were those who saw the light.
Failed Creation
Coach

Has liked: 3307 times
Been liked: 613 times
Grassroots Team: Gawler Central

Postby Swamp Donkey » Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:50 am

Failed Creation wrote:

I was just saying (for those who've never witnessed Jimboss play) that he's an asset to any given side, despite what that video highlights feel suggests.

You'd hope that was the case, given he's an import. Who are the other three players heading out with him?
Swamp Donkey
League - Top 5

Has liked: 112 times
Been liked: 129 times
Grassroots Team: Wunkar

Postby Failed Creation » Tue Dec 31, 2013 4:13 pm

Swamp Donkey wrote:
Failed Creation wrote:

You'd hope that was the case, given he's an import. Who are the other three players heading out with him?

I'm not sure who the other 3 are (if I have been told, I've clearly forgotten), but I think there's one A Grader, and I think one, if not two, of the other two are fringe A Graders. Don't quote me on that though, I've been known to cock my information up.

If Solly kicked approximately 60 goals in Div 1 last season, what would that be worth in the APFL? Having never seen a game in this league, I'm unsure of the standard.
Politicians kissing babies for good luck,
TV preachers sell salvation for a buck.
You don't need no golden cross to tell you wrong from right,
The world's worst murderers were those who saw the light.
Failed Creation
Coach

Has liked: 3307 times
Been liked: 613 times
Grassroots Team: Gawler Central

Postby The reigning Ben.C » Wed Jan 01, 2014 7:19 pm

Failed Creation wrote:
Swamp Donkey wrote:
Failed Creation wrote:

I'm not sure who the other 3 are (if I have been told, I've clearly forgotten), but I think there's one A Grader, and I think one, if not two, of the other two are fringe A Graders. Don't quote me on that though, I've been known to cock my information up.

If Solly kicked approximately 60 goals in Div 1 last season, what would that be worth in the APFL? Having never seen a game in this league, I'm unsure of the standard.

^?? I guess it depends on the foreign exchange rate between the SAAFLG / APFLG?
The reigning Ben.C
Under 16s

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time

Postby stork » Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:36 pm

Failed Creation wrote:
Swamp Donkey wrote:
Failed Creation wrote:

The goals are the same, the rules are different and APFL is more physical. From the "highlight clips" the bloke didn't appear to like much contact, granted this was 2009. He might not get the possessions required to kick goals.
stork
Rookie

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 6 times

Postby roodog » Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:14 pm

Good point Stork. SAAFL is more free flowing than APFL and there's not as much clean footy coming down the ground. If you're a tall (K Ettridge) or strong (Niklaus) you'll still get a few, but you've definitely got to work for it
"That which does not defeat you can only make you stronger"
roodog
Under 16s

Has liked: 75 times
Been liked: 6 times

Postby footys the winner » Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:23 pm

roodog wrote:Good point Stork. SAAFL is more free flowing than APFL and there's not as much clean footy coming down the ground. If you're a tall (K Ettridge) or strong (Niklaus) you'll still get a few, but you've definitely got to work for it

Jamie Solly is both. He will dominate this league. Quote me on that.
footys the winner
Under 18s

Has liked: 27 times
Been liked: 15 times

Postby footys the winner » Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:27 pm

Swamp Donkey wrote:
Failed Creation wrote:

Brad Hood. Fwd/mid. 40 odd goals last year in div 1. Played most of his life underage out at port adelaide
Ricky Thomas. Mid/wing. Last couple of years on div 1.
Stephen drainer. Fwd/mid. Div 1R. Best and fairest and leading goalkicker last year. Battled injury this year would
Of played A grade this year but injured at the wrong times.
footys the winner
Under 18s

Postby The reigning Ben.C » Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:56 pm

footys the winner wrote:
Swamp Donkey wrote:
Failed Creation wrote:

Brad Hood. Fwd/mid. 40 odd goals last year in div 1. Played most of his life underage out at port adelaide
Stephen drainer. Fwd/mid. Div 1R. Best and fairest and leading goalkicker last year. Battled injury this year would

Did these guys play for the same team in Div 1?
The reigning Ben.C
Under 16s

Postby The reigning Ben.C » Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:31 pm

footys the winner wrote:
roodog wrote:Good point Stork. SAAFL is more free flowing than APFL and there's not as much clean footy coming down the ground. If you're a tall (K Ettridge) or strong (Niklaus) you'll still get a few, but you've definitely got to work for it

By dominate do you mean consistently play a key role and kick plenty of goals when provided with the opportunity?

Without dismissing your comments (as I have not seen this bloke play), but he will need a big engine to "dominate" in this league, especially if united struggle in the middle - which they will if they do not pick up a reasonable ruckman.
The reigning Ben.C
Under 16s

Postby barrys antz » Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:29 pm

Didn't united have a decent ruckman last year, or have I got the wrong Ettridge? With Walker leaving who are the dominate ruckman in this league to worry about.
barrys antz
Rookie

Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Tanunda

Postby footys the winner » Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:33 pm

The reigning Ben.C wrote:
footys the winner wrote:
Swamp Donkey wrote:
Failed Creation wrote:

Did these guys play for the same team in Div 1?

Yep, Salisbury north.
footys the winner
Under 18s

Postby footys the winner » Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:35 pm

The reigning Ben.C wrote:
footys the winner wrote:

By dominate do you mean consistently play a key role and kick plenty of goals when provided with the opportunity?

Without dismissing your comments (as I have not seen this bloke play), but he will need a big engine to "dominate" in this league, especially if united struggle in the middle - which they will if they do not pick up a reasonable ruckman.

Not a problem. Last 2-3 years doing port adelaide league preseason builds the tank pretty well.
footys the winner
Under 18s

Postby OnSong » Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:42 pm

barrys antz wrote:Didn't united have a decent ruckman last year, or have I got the wrong Ettridge? With Walker leaving who are the dominate ruckman in this league to worry about.

I actually think Will Farrely is fast becoming an excellent player and will be right up there as one of the more dominant ruckman in 2014 and years to come.

As for Ettridge, United didnt ask for him back. Mainly due to points constraints and Tyson was injured and probably below par last year.
Right in front of me. RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!
OnSong
Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 543 times

Postby norm11 » Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:23 am

Ben pym , one last crack as an a grade ruckman?? :)
Back to the creek it is.
norm11
League - Top 5

Has liked: 470 times
Been liked: 53 times

Postby Swamp Donkey » Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:58 pm

OnSong wrote:
barrys antz wrote:Didn't united have a decent ruckman last year, or have I got the wrong Ettridge? With Walker leaving who are the dominate ruckman in this league to worry about.

I actually think Will Farrely is fast becoming an excellent player and will be right up there as one of the more dominant ruckman in 2014 and years to come.

As for Ettridge, United didnt ask for him back. Mainly due to points constraints and Tyson was injured and probably below par last year.

Pretty sure Koby is loved up with a local out there so can't see him moving on, nor Tyson for that matter. Someone having a lend of you OS?
Swamp Donkey
League - Top 5

Has liked: 112 times
Been liked: 129 times
Grassroots Team: Wunkar

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy