Adelaide Plains Football League

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: Adelaide Plains Football League

Postby Swamp Donkey » Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:00 pm

footys the winner wrote:
The reigning Ben.C wrote:
footys the winner wrote:
roodog wrote:Good point Stork. SAAFL is more free flowing than APFL and there's not as much clean footy coming down the ground. If you're a tall (K Ettridge) or strong (Niklaus) you'll still get a few, but you've definitely got to work for it

Jamie Solly is both. He will dominate this league. Quote me on that.

By dominate do you mean consistently play a key role and kick plenty of goals when provided with the opportunity?

Without dismissing your comments (as I have not seen this bloke play), but he will need a big engine to "dominate" in this league, especially if united struggle in the middle - which they will if they do not pick up a reasonable ruckman.

Not a problem. Last 2-3 years doing port adelaide league preseason builds the tank pretty well.

Are you his mother or something? Note to Sols, don't drop the soap when ftw is around :D
Swamp Donkey
League - Top 5

Has liked: 112 times
Been liked: 129 times
Grassroots Team: Wunkar

Postby OnSong » Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:45 pm

Swamp Donkey wrote:
OnSong wrote:
barrys antz wrote:Didn't united have a decent ruckman last year, or have I got the wrong Ettridge? With Walker leaving who are the dominate ruckman in this league to worry about.

I actually think Will Farrely is fast becoming an excellent player and will be right up there as one of the more dominant ruckman in 2014 and years to come.

As for Ettridge, United didnt ask for him back. Mainly due to points constraints and Tyson was injured and probably below par last year.

Pretty sure Koby is loved up with a local out there so can't see him moving on, nor Tyson for that matter. Someone having a lend of you OS?

David White mentioned Koby was staying but Tyson wasn't coming back.
Right in front of me. RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!
OnSong
Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 543 times

Postby The reigning Ben.C » Sun Jan 05, 2014 5:24 pm

footys the winner wrote:
footys the winner wrote:
roodog wrote:Good point Stork. SAAFL is more free flowing than APFL and there's not as much clean footy coming down the ground. If you're a tall (K Ettridge) or strong (Niklaus) you'll still get a few, but you've definitely got to work for it

Jamie Solly is both. He will dominate this league. Quote me on that.

By dominate do you mean consistently play a key role and kick plenty of goals when provided with the opportunity?

Without dismissing your comments (as I have not seen this bloke play), but he will need a big engine to "dominate" in this league, especially if united struggle in the middle - which they will if they do not pick up a reasonable ruckman.

Not a problem. Last 2-3 years doing port adelaide league preseason builds the tank pretty well.

If he's so good why Is he not playing SANFL anymore? - he is only 22yo or thereabouts. Or is he one of those blokes that couldnt be bothered training that hard anymore and will now exploit his SANFL attainments going from country or amatuer club to club to club to club chasing $$$ and the elusive
flag?
The reigning Ben.C
Under 16s

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time

Postby Footy Warrior » Sun Jan 05, 2014 6:02 pm

If he's so good why Is he not playing SANFL anymore? - he is only 22yo or thereabouts. Or is he one of those blokes that couldnt be bothered training that hard anymore and will now exploit his SANFL attainments going from country or amatuer club to club to club to club chasing $$$ and the elusive
flag?

He definitely would of only went to United for the money. No chance of a flag when you have 15 useless blokes running around. So Solly is a gun hey. Wonder if he'll be a flop like the other FF they recruited straight from AFL who might I add had a bigger highlight reel then Solly did.
Footy Warrior
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Cobdogla

Postby FroffiesMcVeigh » Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:40 pm

Footy Warrior wrote:
flag?

He definitely would of only went to United for the money. No chance of a flag when you have 15 useless blokes running around. So Solly is a gun hey. Wonder if he'll be a flop like the other FF they recruited straight from AFL who might I add had a bigger highlight reel then Solly did.

Broke his leg pretty badly as an 18 year old playing in a sanfl reserves final after being touted as a top 30-40 pick in plenty of phantom drafts. Stayed out at port for another year and couldn't quite get back to his best. Started a family and went out to SN to play with mates. Now with another kid on the way and a mortgage a bitta extra money will help provide for his family.
FroffiesMcVeigh
Under 18s

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 22 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury North

Postby Woofa » Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:00 pm

Interestingly Virginia certainly offered Solly considerably more than United are paying. Not sure if that speaks more about Jamie or more about Virginia? Anyway, as a player, i like to think that im playing in a strong country footy league. The better the players that come to this league then the stronger we are i guess. While we are not at same standard as BL&G, we are not that far behind anymore.
Definately infront of YPFL, NEFL & NAFL. Just my opinion but i guess we should expect to be as we are closer to Adelaide?
Woofa
Rookie

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 9 times

Postby roodog » Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:01 pm

Absolutely no doubt that the APFL as a league has caught up on other leagues a good deal over the past three years
"That which does not defeat you can only make you stronger"
roodog
Under 16s

Has liked: 75 times
Been liked: 6 times

Postby magpieeagle » Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:24 pm

roodog wrote:Absolutely no doubt that the APFL as a league has caught up on other leagues a good deal over the past three years

Maybe on senior footy front,but a LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLong way behind on junior footy front,but then again its all about A grade isn't it!!!!!!!
magpieeagle
Reserves

Has liked: 108 times
Been liked: 69 times

Postby magpieeagle » Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:26 pm

Good to see that brookman may be playing the yr in a black/white jumper!
magpieeagle
Reserves

Postby stork » Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:43 pm

magpieeagle wrote:
roodog wrote:Absolutely no doubt that the APFL as a league has caught up on other leagues a good deal over the past three years

Maybe on senior footy front,but a LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLong way behind on junior footy front,but then again its all about A grade isn't it!!!!!!!

APFL Juniors are considerably behind the other leagues, purely through lack of numbers not creating pressure for selection, a lack of numbers at training also means a lack of meaningful drills at times.

I read on here that u/17s in their final year from the 2013 are likely/possibility to play AFL?!?! I bit my tongue back then, lets just start with underage SANFL. The big 3 townships - Balaklava, Two Wells and Mallala - are not bad and nothing against any current Junior regardless of clubs. Place some of these Juniors - who some clubs believe will be superstars, and here's hoping they are - into BLG sides and they may go unrecognised, others would definitely benefit from the competitiveness of selection.

With clubs like HWE, UFC, HBFC and VFC continuously struggling to field sides over the past 5 years this has to be a considerable concern. I can understand how the first 3 struggle, but Virginia being so close to Adelaide, what's going on there? That question is not meant to be an attack at VFC. Even through seasons 2012-2013 MFC, TWFC and BFC couldn't field full sides of u/17s that weren't comprised of a couple of u/14s.

As magpieeagle said, good thing its all about the A grade.
stork
Rookie

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 6 times

Postby Rama_Army09 » Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:48 pm

Woofa wrote:Interestingly Virginia certainly offered Solly considerably more than United are paying. Not sure if that speaks more about Jamie or more about Virginia? Anyway, as a player, i like to think that im playing in a strong country footy league. The better the players that come to this league then the stronger we are i guess. While we are not at same standard as BL&G, we are not that far behind anymore.
Definately infront of YPFL, NEFL & NAFL. Just my opinion but i guess we should expect to be as we are closer to Adelaide?

how much YPFL & NEFL footy have you watched?? id be surprised if the top 3-4 teams from both of them leagues werent as good as your top 3-4 teams last year?
To Finish First, You First Need To Finish!!
Rama_Army09
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 3 times

Postby Mythical Creature » Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:50 am

Cheers everyone for the detailed analysis of our rumoured recruits. Now I can go to training tonight knowing more about them and that we may have improved on last season! :D

Also hearing whiskers (or whispers) that Whisky to Moonta may not end up happening and he will remain a Pecker. Time will tell.
If you don't like it, change it. If you don't want to change it, it can't be that bad!
Mythical Creature
Veteran

Has liked: 189 times
Been liked: 237 times
Grassroots Team: United

Postby jumbo » Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:05 am

magpieeagle wrote:Good to see that brookman may be playing the yr in a black/white jumper!

Who is Brookman? New signing?
jumbo
League Bench Warmer

Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: Two Wells

Postby jumbo » Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:08 am

Mythical Creature wrote:Cheers everyone for the detailed analysis of our rumoured recruits. Now I can go to training tonight knowing more about them and that we may have improved on last season! :D

Also hearing whiskers (or whispers) that Whisky to Moonta may not end up happening and he will remain a Pecker. Time will tell.

How did training go MC? Did they live up to the analysis provided?
jumbo
League Bench Warmer

Postby Mythical Creature » Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:29 am

jumbo wrote:
Mythical Creature wrote:Cheers everyone for the detailed analysis of our rumoured recruits. Now I can go to training tonight knowing more about them and that we may have improved on last season! :D

Even better Jumbo. Had 49 on the track, 27 fresh faces, all between 6'2 and 6'4 and can all run like the wind! ;)
If you don't like it, change it. If you don't want to change it, it can't be that bad!
Mythical Creature
Veteran

Postby RooShootOhh » Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:47 am

Mythical Creature wrote:
jumbo wrote:

Even better Jumbo. Had 49 on the track, 27 fresh faces, all between 6'2 and 6'4 and can all run like the wind! ;)

You forgot to mention they are all playing for a beer and Snitzel after the game, nothing else, just want to get back to enjoying footy! ;) :lol:
RooShootOhh
Under 16s

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 40 times
Grassroots Team: Waikerie

Postby Mythical Creature » Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:17 am

RooShootOhh wrote:
Mythical Creature wrote:
jumbo wrote:

You forgot to mention they are all playing for a beer and Snitzel after the game, nothing else, just want to get back to enjoying footy! ;) :lol:

I thought that was a given Roo Shoot. But I did forget to mention that they are all 0 points as well! ;)
Mythical Creature
Veteran

Postby magpieeagle » Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:27 am

http://www.foxsportspulse.com/assoc_pag ... -0&a=CLEAR

Now you can all watch what happens!!!
magpieeagle
Reserves

Postby magpieeagle » Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:48 am

Onsong, Who are all the APFL office bearers for 2014?
magpieeagle
Reserves

Postby jumbo » Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:49 am

Mythical Creature wrote:
RooShootOhh wrote:
Mythical Creature wrote:
jumbo wrote:

I thought that was a given Roo Shoot. But I did forget to mention that they are all 0 points as well! ;)

it's all coming together nicely :)
jumbo
League Bench Warmer

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy