HFL Division 1 (Central)

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: HFL Central Division

Postby MONTE CRISTO » Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:08 pm

Blackwood are "fully supportive of the HFL" but are putting a team in the Amateurs? If you are fully supportive of an organisation you take what comes along - the good and the bad. If they are looking to play every week, why not put a team in Country Division or would that be a bit tough for the poor Woodies? Sounds hypocritical to me!
MONTE CRISTO
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 4 times

Postby Lake » Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:00 pm

How about a bit of fun:
- Who does everyone think will be the team to beat in 2014?
- Who will win the A grade medal
- Who will finish bottom
Lake
Mini-League

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Uraidla Districts

Postby overthehill » Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:07 pm

Lake wrote:How about a bit of fun:
- Who will finish bottom

Mt Barker (closely followed by Uraidla)
Lucas Block (followed by Tim Delvins - Uraidla)
Echunga (will be lucky to win 2 games and will be straight back to Div 2 after Mt Lofty dominate Div 2 this year and bounce straight back up)
overthehill
Rookie

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 21 times
Grassroots Team: Mt Barker

Postby Lake » Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:58 pm

Can you tell me a little bit more about Tim Delvins? Ive heard he is a hard midfielder but thats all I know
Lake
Mini-League

Postby Digits21 » Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:57 pm

overthehill wrote:
- Who will finish bottom

Echunga (will be lucky to win 2 games and will be straight back to Div 2 after Mt Lofty dominate Div 2 this year and bounce straight back up)

Do you think Mt Lofty will clean up in Country Div. Kersbrook etc have been pretty strong of late. Surely it won't be a walk in the park...thoughts?
Digits21
Mini-League

Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Mt Lofty

Postby cracka » Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:16 pm

Digits21 wrote:
overthehill wrote:
- Who will finish bottom

Do you think Mt Lofty will clean up in Country Div. Kersbrook etc have been pretty strong of late. Surely it won't be a walk in the park...thoughts?

Lofty winning country div is no guarantee & I wouldn't take Echunga lightly, especially if the rumoured $100,000 player budget (from previous page) is correct. That would buy a decent side.
If Lofty are looking likely country div premiers the central div club in last spot should be very worried.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 461 times
Been liked: 566 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby 2old2slow » Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:41 am

I reckon lofty will finish forth behind kersbrook nairne meadows gum for fifth
2old2slow
Rookie

Been liked: 6 times

Postby Champ » Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:32 pm

Can anyone please assist in explaining why the HFL is awarding Mt Lofty the maximum amount of points available to go back to country division - (they'll have the same allocation as Sedan) while the club being promoted from the country div is getting less points than the bottom 6 sides in central?
This is actually a good bloody laugh now!
Champ
Under 18s

Has liked: 51 times
Been liked: 9 times
Grassroots Team: Gawler Central

Postby Champ » Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:34 pm

cracka wrote:
Digits21 wrote:
overthehill wrote:
- Who will finish bottom

Lofty winning country div is no guarantee & I wouldn't take Echunga lightly, especially if the rumoured $100,000 player budget (from previous page) is correct. That would buy a decent side.
If Lofty are looking likely country div premiers the central div club in last spot should be very worried.

They can have all the money in the world but if you got no points you got no points! So the real question now is, can the top side from Country be competitive as is in Central.
Champ
Under 18s

Has liked: 51 times
Been liked: 9 times
Grassroots Team: Gawler Central

Postby cracka » Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:25 pm

Champ wrote:Can anyone please assist in explaining why the HFL is awarding Mt Lofty the maximum amount of points available to go back to country division - (they'll have the same allocation as Sedan) while the club being promoted from the country div is getting less points than the bottom 6 sides in central?
This is actually a good bloody laugh now!

Yep totally agree with you, HFL (clubs included as they voted on it) have got this wrong. IMO it should be the other way round. From memory it was discussed at the AGM & I thought they were looking into it. What happened when TV came up & Birdwood went down or was that before the points system was introduced.
Personally I don't like the points system in Hills footy. It's worked on the number of wins a club has. I would rather see it as the team who wins the flag gets 10 points, runner up gets 11, 3rd place gets 12 & so on.
cracka
Veteran

Postby Justquietly » Fri Jan 10, 2014 4:34 pm

hillscrow wrote:
Justquietly wrote:Wow...some time away from here & some sh%t has gone down!
I won't shy away from being a Lofty man/ex player & am therefore disappointed in the club going to Country. Rules are rules though. I have faith in the club to earn the right to get back up & compete in Central again.
So...Echunga. Anyone clued in as to where they're at with their promotion? How's their financial/juniors/recruitment sitting?

Apparently a number of solid sponsors on board with talk of a player budget upward of $100,000. Junior numbers building but concerns amongst the kids as to quality. Talk also that senior coach, who works with Indigenous kids, is looking to bus up juniors to bolster numbers, It could be suggested that there is no long term value there but may help with initial competitiveness. Time will tell.

Thanks hillscrow, some great insight! That's a massive budget! Points are still the issue though, but if you're after a sought after player, $$ will talk.
Is it weird that based simply on A grade GF participants, Country Div teams get promoted, but Central relegation is based on club shield (is it not?). So, if say, Echunga finish with 5 wins in A grade, finish 3rd-to-bottom but their B grade & juniors have a poor year, they're up for relegation. I know there's the points weighting, so that may sort of answer that question.
Chuck Norris makes onions cry
Justquietly
League - Best 21

Been liked: 5 times

Postby cracka » Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:08 pm

Justquietly wrote:Is it weird that based simply on A grade GF participants, Country Div teams get promoted, but Central relegation is based on club shield (is it not?). So, if say, Echunga finish with 5 wins in A grade, finish 3rd-to-bottom but their B grade & juniors have a poor year, they're up for relegation. I know there's the points weighting, so that may sort of answer that question.

Yeah that's another thing I think needs looking into. The promotion or relegation should be based on a whole of club basis.
Having said that, would Echunga have been the top ranked country club last year. If not then that's a reasonable argument to keep the promotion based on the A grade as by the sounds of it they have got a lot of people back to Echunga simply because they are in central div. Maybe it could be the country premier has 1st option, if they don't want to go up then the club shield winner gets the option.
cracka
Veteran

Postby hillscrow » Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:59 pm

Justquietly wrote:
hillscrow wrote:
I won't shy away from being a Lofty man/ex player & am therefore disappointed in the club going to Country. Rules are rules though. I have faith in the club to earn the right to get back up & compete in Central again.
So...Echunga. Anyone clued in as to where they're at with their promotion? How's their financial/juniors/recruitment sitting?

Apparently a number of solid sponsors on board with talk of a player budget upward of $100,000. Junior numbers building but concerns amongst the kids as to quality. Talk also that senior coach, who works with Indigenous kids, is looking to bus up juniors to bolster numbers, It could be suggested that there is no long term value there but may help with initial competitiveness. Time will tell.

Thanks hillscrow, some great insight! That's a massive budget! Points are still the issue though, but if you're after a sought after player, $$ will talk.
Is it weird that based simply on A grade GF participants, Country Div teams get promoted, but Central relegation is based on club shield (is it not?). So, if say, Echunga finish with 5 wins in A grade, finish 3rd-to-bottom but their B grade & juniors have a poor year, they're up for relegation. I know there's the points weighting, so that may sort of answer that question.

Apparently David Liston back from Darwin following NTFL season. He's a 0 pointer. He played some games at Mitcham Football Club last year in 3rd Div SAAFL. Echunga apparently have applied for extra points. Surely wouldn't happen, would it?
hillscrow
Mini-League

Been liked: 6 times

Postby Kick'n Back » Sat Jan 11, 2014 4:39 am

hillscrow wrote:
Justquietly wrote:
hillscrow wrote:

Apparently David Liston back from Darwin following NTFL season. He's a 0 pointer. He played some games at Mitcham Football Club last year in 3rd Div SAAFL. Echunga apparently have applied for extra points. Surely wouldn't happen, would it?

Of course they will apply for extra points they got them last year when they had been in 3 GF's in a row.
Kick'n Back
Under 16s

Been liked: 14 times

Postby finn » Sat Jan 11, 2014 1:32 pm

Look Good In Leather wrote:So will it be a set Blackwood C-Grade squad for the year? or will they need to be cleared between leagues each time a player is promoted, or dropped from B-Grade?

Or will all the Blackwood players be registered with the HFL, and the SAAFL not bother with teamsheets/sportingpulse etc as its only C-Grade?

They will have to bother with sporting pulse and teamsheets in C grade amateur league. (On the other hand, most c grade sides are fairly relaxed about when these teamsheets get swapped...)
always forgive your enemies...nothing annoys them so much
finn
League - Best 21

Been liked: 22 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide University

Postby Peakedinhighschool » Sun Jan 12, 2014 1:05 pm

Seen in the paper that last years Mail Medallist Tom Hughes is training with the crows reserves along side Uraidla local Kluvanek. Are either of these two likely to get league games or will they still be pulling on the boots for their local sides?? After watching the final series last year, Kluvanek could be a big loss for Uraidla. Classy tall who provides plenty of dash and can play all over the ground
Peakedinhighschool
Mini-League

Has liked: 2 times

Postby StickyFingers » Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:40 am

Has the 2014 fixture been released yet? If it has, any idea where I could find it?
StickyFingers

Postby Digits21 » Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:14 am

How are Loby shaping up after a solid season last year?
Digits21
Mini-League

Postby The Sorce » Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:20 am

HFL Website now updated with 2014 Draw for Central & Country:
http://www.foxsportspulse.com/comp_info ... &a=FIXTURE

Also looks like a few clearances already been put in also:
http://www.foxsportspulse.com/assoc_pag ... -0&a=CLEAR

Everyone still getting plenty on the track after all this heat?
Country Division
The Sorce
Under 16s

Been liked: 4 times

Postby Lake » Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:39 am

Not much happening on here as of late, are all clubs now training?
I think Lobey will be very competitive this year Digits. After failing in the finals last year i think they will be more ready to step up in september this season as they have that experience under their belt now.
Lake
Mini-League

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy