HFL Division 2 (Country)

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: HFL Country Division

Postby doubletrouble » Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:06 am

Been pretty quiet on here just of late. Any news coming out of any clubs, have any clubs had an early run yet?
doubletrouble
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 7 times

Postby Footy Warrior » Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:16 pm

doubletrouble wrote:Been pretty quiet on here just of late. Any news coming out of any clubs, have any clubs had an early run yet?

Welcome Mt.Lofty :lol:
Footy Warrior
Under 16s

Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Cobdogla

Postby Kick'n Back » Tue Dec 03, 2013 5:03 pm

Footy Warrior wrote:
doubletrouble wrote:Been pretty quiet on here just of late. Any news coming out of any clubs, have any clubs had an early run yet?

Welcome Mt.Lofty :lol:

Is that too Hills Country FW or to div. 6 SAAFL with you
Kick'n Back
Under 16s

Been liked: 14 times

Postby Banker » Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:08 am

Apparently the Lofty senior players want to play Amatuers.

But surely the committe will force them to play Country Div so they can have a crack at getting into Central Div in 2015?
Banker
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 59 times
Been liked: 25 times

Postby cracka » Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:49 am

I've heard that Lofty will play amateurs in A's, B's & U18 & that their other junior teams down to modis will join SFL, which I find hard to believe.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 462 times
Been liked: 567 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby Esteban Vihaio » Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:23 am

cracka wrote:I've heard that Lofty will play amateurs in A's, B's & U18 & that their other junior teams down to modis will join SFL, which I find hard to believe.

One club in two leagues is generally frowned upon. Best to my knowledge exceptions have only been granted for 1-2 years whilst a club transitions, ala Brighton and Edwardstown
Where's Bill? Yeah... Hmm... Bill is on the Villa Quatro, on the road to Salina. I will draw you a map.
Esteban Vihaio
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 36 times

Postby cracka » Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:36 pm

Esteban Vihaio wrote:
cracka wrote:I've heard that Lofty will play amateurs in A's, B's & U18 & that their other junior teams down to modis will join SFL, which I find hard to believe.

One club in two leagues is generally frowned upon. Best to my knowledge exceptions have only been granted for 1-2 years whilst a club transitions, ala Brighton and Edwardstown

That's why I said I find it hard to believe. The guy who told me is good friends with one of the Lofty special committee guys dealing with the relegation/move to another league issue, but I still cant believe it. If its true Lofty should never be allowed back into the HFL & then start the Stirling FC back up & they can take their place.
cracka
Veteran

Postby Ye Olde Place Kick » Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:42 pm

cracka wrote:
Esteban Vihaio wrote:

That's why I said I find it hard to believe. The guy who told me is good friends with one of the Lofty special committee guys dealing with the relegation/move to another league issue, but I still cant believe it. If its true Lofty should never be allowed back into the HFL & then start the Stirling FC back up & they can take their place.

Totally off topic but curious, which would be the bigger oval Stirling or Bridgewater?
Ye Olde Place Kick
Under 16s

Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 42 times

Postby Power From Port » Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:09 pm

Ye Olde Place Kick wrote:
cracka wrote:
Esteban Vihaio wrote:

Totally off topic but curious, which would be the bigger oval Stirling or Bridgewater?

Stirling would be bigger
Power From Port

Grassroots Team: Mt Lofty

Postby Dutchy » Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:59 am

Esteban Vihaio wrote:

Maybe it is a transition?
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2324 times
Been liked: 3504 times

Postby Champ » Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:29 pm

Looks like Lofty are all in.
How are clubs shaping up for the coming season? Lots of new coaches around the place and some big recruits at Meadows...
Champ
Under 18s

Has liked: 51 times
Been liked: 9 times
Grassroots Team: Gawler Central

Postby doubletrouble » Wed Dec 18, 2013 2:17 pm

Champ wrote:Looks like Lofty are all in.
How are clubs shaping up for the coming season? Lots of new coaches around the place and some big recruits at Meadows...

Yes it sounds like the lofty devos will be joining country div next season. What recruits have meadows picked up? What are gums, maccy and kangys looking like have they done any recruiting?
doubletrouble
Rookie

Postby morell » Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:15 pm

Have heard a couple of elite fitness machines and monster men of the game are thinking very strongly about joining King Jong Chew at Birdwood from Mitchell Park this year.
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1141 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby Digits21 » Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:16 pm

I haven't played for a number of years but all reports suggest that the Devils have moved on from the recent controversy surrounding the club and are setting themselves for a big year in the Country Divison.

With Bruce Dawes as A-Grade Coach and Shane Mohor assistant, Scott Huff as B-Brade Coachwith Adam Penny as his assistant, they've got some good people in important roles. Sounds like the player list is coming together nicely also.

Keen to see how how the Devils shape up against the better sides in the Country Div. Word on the street is that the players are pretty pumped with the challenge ahead of them.

By no means am i suggesting that Mt Lofty will win the premiership, but hypothetically speaking, if they did, would they be automatically promoted?...I haven't kept up to date with the changes to the HFL constitution etc etc.
Digits21
Mini-League

Been liked: 1 time

Postby Champ » Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:00 pm

Digits21 wrote:I haven't played for a number of years but all reports suggest that the Devils have moved on from the recent controversy surrounding the club and are setting themselves for a big year in the Country Divison.

With Bruce Dawes as A-Grade Coach and Shane Mohor assistant, Scott Huff as B-Brade Coachwith Adam Penny as his assistant, they've got some good people in important roles. Sounds like the player list is coming together nicely also.

Keen to see how how the Devils shape up against the better sides in the Country Div. Word on the street is that the players are pretty pumped with the challenge ahead of them.

By no means am i suggesting that Mt Lofty will win the premiership, but hypothetically speaking, if they did, would they be automatically promoted?...I haven't kept up to date with the changes to the HFL constitution etc etc.

The Devils win and the Demons choke and there might just be a switch back...
Champ
Under 18s

Postby Digits21 » Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:51 pm

Champ wrote:
Digits21 wrote:I haven't played for a number of years but all reports suggest that the Devils have moved on from the recent controversy surrounding the club and are setting themselves for a big year in the Country Divison.

Is that written in the HFL constitution (as in top of country goes up, and bottome of central goes down), or will it be determinded depending on mood of the HFL at the time?

How do you think Echunga will go this year?
Digits21
Mini-League

Been liked: 1 time

Postby cracka » Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:11 pm

Digits21 wrote:
Champ wrote:

Is that written in the HFL constitution (as in top of country goes up, and bottome of central goes down), or will it be determinded depending on mood of the HFL at the time?

How do you think Echunga will go this year?

I don't think anything changed in regards to the HFL by-laws so if Lofty win the country A grade flag they would have to nominate to be promoted. IMO it should be the club that finishes top of the club shield that gets to nominate to go up.
On the central forum some are saying Echunga will get smashed but I'm not so sure. Uraidla & Mt Barker are streets ahead, the next 6 are pretty even & last year Bridgewater & Lofty were very competitive in some games.
cracka
Veteran

Postby Kick'n Back » Fri Jan 10, 2014 3:34 pm

how is a team like Cambrai suppose to compete with the big guns when they are only allocated the same amount of points as Mt Lofty.
Kick'n Back
Under 16s

Been liked: 14 times

Postby Champ » Fri Jan 10, 2014 4:45 pm

Kick'n Back wrote:how is a team like Cambrai suppose to compete with the big guns when they are only allocated the same amount of points as Mt Lofty.
Last edited by Champ on Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Champ
Under 18s

Postby Ye Olde Place Kick » Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:30 pm

Kick'n Back wrote:how is a team like Cambrai suppose to compete with the big guns when they are only allocated the same amount of points as Mt Lofty.

Whats happening with Cambrai? Are they playing Country A's are their B's in Country B's or C grade and what junior grades will they have?
Ye Olde Place Kick
Under 16s

Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 42 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy