Southern Football League

A forum dedicated to the Southern Football League!

Re: Southern Football League

Postby woodublieve12 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:05 am

heard christies has picked up one from plympton...
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3026 times
Been liked: 2403 times

Postby afc9798 » Tue Jan 07, 2014 1:13 pm

marbles wrote:word goin around about 4 or 5 sfl clubs joining saafl

Just wondering how your inside information was coming along there Marbles.....Which clubs have decided to depart :lol:
afc9798
Reserves

Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 47 times
Grassroots Team: Happy Valley

Postby MatteeG » Tue Jan 07, 2014 1:17 pm

Happy New Year SFLers.

Looking forward to a big year. Carn Falcons!

MatteeG
helicopterking wrote:Flaggies will choke. Always have.
MatteeG
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 511 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Postby afc9798 » Tue Jan 07, 2014 1:27 pm

MatteeG wrote:Happy New Year SFLers.

Looking forward to a big year. Carn Falcons!

MatteeG

Cheers. Hoping for a great year this year.
Any new names at the Bushpigs?
afc9798
Reserves

Postby MatteeG » Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:02 pm

A couple AFC, plus welcoming a few blokes back from an injury riddled 2013.

Also hoping some of the premiership B graders and 18s push hard to cement an A grade berth.
helicopterking wrote:Flaggies will choke. Always have.
MatteeG
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 511 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Postby afc9798 » Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:38 pm

MatteeG wrote:A couple AFC, plus welcoming a few blokes back from an injury riddled 2013.

Also hoping some of the premiership B graders and 18s push hard to cement an A grade berth.

Good luck. New coach, team refreshed hope you guys can push on this year. As always, I look forward to the local derby.
afc9798
Reserves

Postby leftpeg » Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:40 pm

afc9798 wrote:
MatteeG wrote:A couple AFC, plus welcoming a few blokes back from an injury riddled 2013.

Good luck. New coach, team refreshed hope you guys can push on this year. As always, I look forward to the local derby.

I hear valleys may have lost a couple in the midfield AFC?
leftpeg

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 5 times

Postby jake the snake » Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:09 pm

theyve lost more then a few midfielders is my mail
jake the snake
Under 16s

Been liked: 12 times

Postby afc9798 » Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:26 pm

jake the snake wrote:theyve lost more then a few midfielders is my mail

Only a couple of retirees at this stage that I'm aware of. I've heard a lot of unsubstantiated rumours though.
afc9798
Reserves

Postby Mister Footy » Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:48 am

Happy new year fellow posters
I also hear HV have had a couple retirees but also have a couple blokes coming back and 1 or 2 new faces?
Can you confirm AFC?
Mister Footy
Under 18s

Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 28 times

Postby afc9798 » Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:38 am

Mister Footy wrote:Happy new year fellow posters
I also hear HV have had a couple retirees but also have a couple blokes coming back and 1 or 2 new faces?
Can you confirm AFC?

You're asking the wrong person. Got no idea, have been enjoying the off season too much. Only heard of a couple of retirees (Grund and D.Eagleton) and don't even know if that is true or not.
afc9798
Reserves

Postby Yank Man » Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:28 pm

afc9798 wrote:
marbles wrote:word goin around about 4 or 5 sfl clubs joining saafl

Just wondering how your inside information was coming along there Marbles.....Which clubs have decided to depart :lol:

marbles is on holidays, fishing. :D He is also poorly informed and to say the least, hopeful of getting his super league up. The only change to SAAFL in 2014 marby is Blackwoods C's coming in to C???. something. Why on earth would any SFL club want to join SAAFL and spoil what they currently enjoy. ;)
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 317 times
Grassroots Team: Edwardstown

Postby RFC 2010 » Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:59 pm

My attempt to stimulate some online conversation regarding the upcoming season.

All is fairly quite on here as to recruiting activities, retirements etc but here is my ladder for the end of the minor round

Reynella - Toss up between HV and the Flies. Flies will be better than last year. HV to stay about the same or even drop off a touch
HV - Quality
Morphett Vale - Always around the mark. Some of the other teams who pushed into and around the top four last year will drop off, leaving Morphies 3rd
MV Park - Will drop down the ladder a touch but still a fair amount of quality all over the ground
Brighton - Still reasonable quality throughout senior squad and will have benefit from last year
Christies - my big improver
Cove - Whisper is that a few quality guys have left. Early should still be able to get something out of the guys who stayed
Edwardstown - know nothing about them, so mid table seems fair
Porties - Will follow similar path to most years. Middle of the table team who will easily beat the lower teams and shark a win or two against a top 6 team but won't do any damage to the top 4
Flaggies - a lot like Porties
Hawks - will continue to improve
Noarlunga - if Christies bolt up the table, the Shoes are my pick to go the other way
Marion - better than last year but still terrible
Lonsdale - only just better than Aldinga. Hard to see them beating anyone higher on the ladder
Aldinga - will battle with Lonsdale for spoon and will succeed
RFC 2010
Rookie

Been liked: 13 times
Grassroots Team: Reynella

Postby RAMS » Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:01 pm

The Nairne Bremer United Football Club is looking for a seniors trial game on March 22. If anyone is interested PM me
RAMS

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Postby afc9798 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 8:44 am

RFC 2010 wrote:My attempt to stimulate some online conversation regarding the upcoming season.

All is fairly quite on here as to recruiting activities, retirements etc but here is my ladder for the end of the minor round

Reynella - Toss up between HV and the Flies. Flies will be better than last year. HV to stay about the same or even drop off a touch
HV - Quality
Morphett Vale - Always around the mark. Some of the other teams who pushed into and around the top four last year will drop off, leaving Morphies 3rd
MV Park - Will drop down the ladder a touch but still a fair amount of quality all over the ground
Brighton - Still reasonable quality throughout senior squad and will have benefit from last year
Cove - Whisper is that a few quality guys have left. Early should still be able to get something out of the guys who stayed
Porties - Will follow similar path to most years. Middle of the table team who will easily beat the lower teams and shark a win or two against a top 6 team but won't do any damage to the top 4
Noarlunga - if Christies bolt up the table, the Shoes are my pick to go the other way
Lonsdale - only just better than Aldinga. Hard to see them beating anyone higher on the ladder

Don't disagree with much there, but I think Edwardstown will be higher than Cove or Christies and won't underestimate MV Park. Edwardstown were very good last year and took big strides forward. Brighton will improve, but not rapidly and I'm not hearing too much exciting coming out of Cove.

Cannot see Hackham above Noarlunga, I would place Shoes above Flaggies and Hackham.
afc9798
Reserves

Postby marbles » Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:53 am

RFC 2010 wrote:My attempt to stimulate some online conversation regarding the upcoming season.

HV - Quality

well there it is u mighty Marion RAMS, your great 2014 season ahead is already f#&ked and it aint even started yet

all the volunteers set to bust their balls for the club, all the boys training their gutz out right now at preseason, all the families & friends set to support the mighty rams across this season, all the purchases and hard earned money going into footy gear and merchandise..... every effort u make this year and all the pride you standby is gonna bring you nothing but a terrible year

congrats, just remember this every time when you drive through the gates of your football club (like an electric shock thats zaps you & reminds u what a sh#t wicket your on)

good times ahead... but thanks for paying your fees... we love your money
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 276 times
Been liked: 259 times

Postby afc9798 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:43 am

marbles wrote:

HV - Quality

well there it is u mighty Marion RAMS, your great 2014 season ahead is already f#&ked and it aint even started yet

all the volunteers set to bust their balls for the club, all the boys training their gutz out right now at preseason, all the families & friends set to support the mighty rams across this season, all the purchases and hard earned money going into footy gear and merchandise..... every effort u make this year and all the pride you standby is gonna bring you nothing but a terrible year

congrats, just remember this every time when you drive through the gates of your football club (like an electric shock thats zaps you & reminds u what a sh#t wicket your on)

good times ahead... but thanks for paying your fees... we love your money

I should have kept my mouth shut, I was hoping you had evaporated in the heat.
afc9798
Reserves

Postby Blaze of Glory » Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:45 pm

With the season is starting to ramp up again for teams can we get any news on player movements?
Heres what I have from looking through the threads.
Aldinga:
Out
Harmen - reynella
In
?

Brighton:
Out
?
In
?

Christies:
Out
Richter - SAAFL
In
Harrison - Mitchell Park
Bachmann - Waikerie
Brophy - Salisbury North
Someone from Plympton?
White - Kangarilla?

Cove:
Out
Vick - Goolwa
Bennet
Hare
In
?

Edwardstown:
Out
?
In
?

Flagstaff Hill:
Out
?
In
Binns

Hackham:
Out
Spencley ?
In
Bowd ?

Happy Valley:
Out
D eagleton - retired
Grund - Retired
Maher - Kieth ?
J Eagleton - getting big offers but havent heard?
2 to Lofty?
In
?

Marion:
Out
?
In
?

Morphett Vale:
Out
?
In
?

Morphettville:
Out
Cranston - retired
In
?

Noarlunga:
Out
Schultz - retired
Golding - retired
Paech - retired
Carter - NSW
Tasker - mallee
Sargood - mallee
Bowd - Hackham ?
Minns - SANFL ?
Mott - SANFL ?
In
?

OSB:
Out
?
In
Miller

Port Noarlunga:
Out
manhood - retired
In
?

Reynella:
Out
Milo
In
Harmen - Aldinga
Mcentee

This isn't confirmed, just what has been posted. any other out there?
Blaze of Glory
Mini-League

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby reppoh_eht » Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:16 pm

Flaggies have none out from the A Grade of 2013.

Shearer returns after a year overseas, not sure of any other ins yet..
reppoh_eht
Under 16s

Has liked: 131 times
Been liked: 54 times

Postby Luke15 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:57 pm

I got mates at both reynella and porties and from what I have heard Harman didn't sign with Reynella, Aldinga offered him even more money and an apprenticeship to stay. I have heard that Reynella have gained McEntee, Steve Thompson from Shoes, Frick returning and Reggie Moyle to play whole season.

Porties have Vivar returning, Natalie back from knee recon and another guy returning but his name escapes me

Good to finally see some discussion back on the site
Luke15
Rookie

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 18 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  SFL