Pro Wrestling Talk

Any other sports

Re: Pro Wrestling Talk

Postby Blackwhite » Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:10 am

Bully wrote:Surely John Cena has been the most popular star since Stone cold.

awesome ending for sure yes. Best ending for a long while

How many times has John Cena receieved a unanimous posative crowd reaction? I think I could count them on one hand. And here we have Daniel Bryan for the past few months who has every single person in the arena chanting "YES". John Cena has never been as over as Daniel Bryan in my opinion.

A couple months back when Cena and Bryan were standing in the ring were they chanting John Cena? No! They were chanting Daniel Bryan and the crowd even held up the show doing so. Bryan > Cena.
Blackwhite
Reserves

Has liked: 58 times
Been liked: 44 times
Grassroots Team: Payneham NU

Postby Blackwhite » Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:12 am

Mic wrote:

Not when a reasonable percentage of the crowd is chanting that he sucks.

The only thing with Bryan is whether it's him that's so over or the "Yes!" chant that's so over.

It's got to be both. All I know is that as soon as Daniel Byran comes onto my TV, I get up off the couch and go crazy. It's worth sitting through the crap that is sometimes on Raw just to see Daniel Bryan.
Blackwhite
Reserves

Postby helicopterking » Thu Jan 16, 2014 5:12 am

Blackwhite wrote:
Mic wrote:

Not when a reasonable percentage of the crowd is chanting that he sucks.

The only thing with Bryan is whether it's him that's so over or the "Yes!" chant that's so over.

It's got to be both. All I know is that as soon as Daniel Byran comes onto my TV, I get up off the couch and go crazy. It's worth sitting through the crap that is sometimes on Raw just to see Daniel Bryan.

Sounds like True Love :D
helicopterking
Coach

Has liked: 298 times
Been liked: 667 times

Postby woodublieve12 » Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:38 am

Blackwhite wrote:

How many times has John Cena receieved a unanimous posative crowd reaction? I think I could count them on one hand. And here we have Daniel Bryan for the past few months who has every single person in the arena chanting "YES". John Cena has never been as over as Daniel Bryan in my opinion.

A couple months back when Cena and Bryan were standing in the ring were they chanting John Cena? No! They were chanting Daniel Bryan and the crowd even held up the show doing so. Bryan > Cena

Totally agree..
Just had to see the last raw before TLC when HHH and Steph were trying to hype the wwe WHC match... It pissed hhh of i reckon too, well that's what it looked like.
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3025 times
Been liked: 2401 times

Postby Bully » Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:11 am

hearing rumours that Y2J could make a return at the rumble also. Also, hearing rumours about batista saying a few words in relation to the current roster. Along the lines of about del rio as an example " Del Rio is a C grade player, in a B grade Era". Not a good start for a returning star if these rumours are true

it will be batista v Bryan for the last 2 at the rumble.

I think maybe orton is seeing his last run as the main man. Cena to win at the rumble.
Bully
Coach

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 120 times

Postby woodublieve12 » Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:40 am

Heard the Y2 J thing was leaked...
Batista thing is true to, a bit of heat for his tweets...

Punk v Bryan at the end! It wuold be insane. Bryan wins...

Goes on to defeat Orton at Mania for the big payoff...

Just on Bryans popularity, the two biggest chants from the crowd over the past decade have been single word chants! WHAT!? YES! ;)
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby Mic » Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:28 am

Batista shouldn't be criticising anyone with his mediocre skills.

Reckon RVD and Jericho will be in the Rumble.

I don't see Punk winning (reckon it will be Punk vs HHH at Mania), so Bryan or Batista will most likely win (probably Batista) or Brock if he enters.
Mic
League - Top 5

Has liked: 166 times
Been liked: 144 times

Postby Blackwhite » Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:56 am

Bully wrote:hearing rumours that Y2J could make a return at the rumble also. Also, hearing rumours about batista saying a few words in relation to the current roster. Along the lines of about del rio as an example " Del Rio is a C grade player, in a B grade Era". Not a good start for a returning star if these rumours are true

I think maybe orton is seeing his last run as the main man. Cena to win at the rumble.

If Cena wins I will be furious. He doesn't need the win. I want to see it out of Byran, Punk and Batista. Would love to see Y2J make a return, aswell as RVD. Hope there are some other fun surprises as well.
Blackwhite
Reserves

Postby woodublieve12 » Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:01 am

Blackwhite wrote:
Bully wrote:hearing rumours that Y2J could make a return at the rumble also. Also, hearing rumours about batista saying a few words in relation to the current roster. Along the lines of about del rio as an example " Del Rio is a C grade player, in a B grade Era". Not a good start for a returning star if these rumours are true

If Cena wins I will be furious. He doesn't need the win. I want to see it out of Byran, Punk and Batista. Would love to see Y2J make a return, aswell as RVD. Hope there are some other fun surprises as well.

Orton will win... and bryan winnning it back @ WM. going full circle from when it started...

Cena from all reports will be facing Bray Wyatt. Obviously that could change.
Punk v HHH is locked in for WM IMHO... They are already setting it up...
Warrior may be a entrant in the Rumble...

Taker to take on the Shield???????????????????????
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby Blackwhite » Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:25 am

woodublieve12 wrote:
Blackwhite wrote:

Orton will win... and bryan winnning it back @ WM. going full circle from when it started...

Would love to see Bryan regain the championship, it's been a long and well deserving journey.

For some reason, I am not that keen on a Punk v HHH match at WM. We saw it during Punk's 2011 run at the top and I would rather he see him face someone else. To be completely honest, I wouldn't be that fussed if HHH wasn't on the card at all. Give the spot to someone younger and in need of it.
Blackwhite
Reserves

Postby Blackwhite » Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:26 am

As for Taker, I am opposed to him taking on the Shield. To me it's a lose-lose scenario no matter the outcome. If the Shield goes over, then Taker loses the Streak, something which very few people want to see. And if Taker goes over, then it buries the Shield as 1 man defeats 3. I would much prefer Taker to face Brock. It would be a hard-hitting entertaining contest. And of course, Taker must go 22-0.
Blackwhite
Reserves

Postby woodublieve12 » Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:00 pm

Blackwhite wrote:As for Taker, I am opposed to him taking on the Shield. To me it's a lose-lose scenario no matter the outcome. If the Shield goes over, then Taker loses the Streak, something which very few people want to see. And if Taker goes over, then it buries the Shield as 1 man defeats 3. I would much prefer Taker to face Brock. It would be a hard-hitting entertaining contest. And of course, Taker must go 22-0.

i can't believe i forgot brock... my bad!!! :oops:
Taker v Brock for sure... Big shows will lose to Brock clean and will make Brock look even more like a monster going into WM...
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby Blackwhite » Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:18 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:
Blackwhite wrote:As for Taker, I am opposed to him taking on the Shield. To me it's a lose-lose scenario no matter the outcome. If the Shield goes over, then Taker loses the Streak, something which very few people want to see. And if Taker goes over, then it buries the Shield as 1 man defeats 3. I would much prefer Taker to face Brock. It would be a hard-hitting entertaining contest. And of course, Taker must go 22-0.

i can't believe i forgot brock... my bad!!! :oops:
Taker v Brock for sure... Big shows will lose to Brock clean and will make Brock look even more like a monster going into WM...

Yes it looks like that's the way they're going. Too be honest I would've preferred to see Henry v Lesnar at the Rumble but I think Show and Lesnar will more than deliver. Love this time of the year, things are just starting to fire up!!
Blackwhite
Reserves

Postby Mic » Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:30 pm

Blackwhite wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:
Blackwhite wrote:

Would love to see Bryan regain the championship, it's been a long and well deserving journey.

For some reason, I am not that keen on a Punk v HHH match at WM. We saw it during Punk's 2011 run at the top and I would rather he see him face someone else. To be completely honest, I wouldn't be that fussed if HHH wasn't on the card at all. Give the spot to someone younger and in need of it.

Unfortunately Wrestlemania hasn't been about the young guys in many years. Could rename it Part-timerMania!
Mic
League - Top 5

Postby wristwatcher » Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:18 pm

Truly Amazing. Daniel Bryant has become the complete performer. His timing, crowd control and overall performance is now the best in the business. What a finish to a show.
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 845 times

Postby Bully » Fri Jan 17, 2014 6:38 pm

Mae Young has passed away
Bully
Coach

Postby Bully » Fri Jan 17, 2014 9:03 pm

I think it is looking more Kane vs PUNK at mania, after the end of smackdown

Don't miss the Real American v usos match with Zeb colter bit. :D
Bully
Coach

Postby Blackwhite » Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:37 pm

Bully wrote:Mae Young has passed away

Very sad to hear. Have not heard one person ever say a bad thing about her. Bob Holly said in his book that she is one of the toughest women ever in the ring, yet behind the scenes she is so heart warming. Everyone seems to say something along those lines about Mae. Good to see both WWE and TNA pay there respects to her on there shows this week.
Blackwhite
Reserves

Postby Blackwhite » Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:40 pm

Bully wrote:I think it is looking more Kane vs PUNK at mania, after the end of Smackdown

One chokeslam to Punk doesn't mean that's the direction they're going in. I still expect it to be Punk v HHH even if I don't really want to see that match.
Blackwhite
Reserves

Postby Mic » Sat Jan 18, 2014 3:17 pm

Bully wrote:I think it is looking more Kane vs PUNK at mania, after the end of smackdown

Don't miss the Real American v usos match with Zeb colter bit. :D

Nah, Kane doesn't belong in the major matches.

On Daniel Bryan, I thought this was a good article, titled "Do The Right Thing" written by Mark Madden:

"The fans of Daniel Bryan took over Raw again this week, delivering another spectacle of YES! WWE is lucky. It’s not too late to do the right thing.
But will they?
WWE must have Daniel Bryan beat Randy Orton for the WWE world title at the end of WrestleMania, going off the air with the entire New Orleans Superdome turning into an army of YES! There’s no other option. What would work better? The path doesn’t matter. Bryan with the strap must be the end result.
WWE tried its best to minimize Bryan. They beat him. Insulted him. Emphasized his weaknesses. Made him look foolish. Tried to use him to build performers who fit their preferred profile. It didn’t work. At all. The fans won’t back off. They don’t see him as a B-plus wrestler. He’s their guy. YES! YES! YES!
What’s manufactured usually doesn’t beat what’s organic. This is no exception. As a bonus, YES! is crossing over into the mainstream. Bryan is somehow creating an Austin-like frenzy in a PG-13 environment.
WWE can’t defeat Bryan. So, finally…WWE needs to embrace Bryan.
WrestleMania is about giving the fans what they want. About sending the fans home happy. About providing “WrestleMania moments.”
The family probably thinks Undertaker winning (yawn) provides a “WrestleMania moment.” Or that baby oil on Randy Orton’s pecs provides a “WrestleMania moment.” Or that Triple H wrestling (double yawn) provides a “WrestleMania moment.” Or that Hulk Hogan limping (ZZZZZzzzzz…) provides a “WrestleMania moment.” Brock Lesnar? John Cena? Paul Heyman? Batista jumping to the front of the line? (Which is what’s going to happen.)
If VKM believes any of that matters, I’m afraid I’ve got some BAD NEWS.
One thing works: Daniel Bryan wins the WWE world title. For keeps, or at least for the foreseeable future. No screw jobs. No Dusty finish. LEGIT.
Trust your eyes. Trust your ears. Consider what we’ve witnessed and tell me what WWE could invent that works better than Daniel Bryan winning the WWE title and the subsequent reaction. Now THAT is a “WrestleMania moment.”
Don’t be concerned with the future. Don’t worry about the glory of Roman Reigns (double ZZZZZzzzzz…) or the split of The Shield or Ryback getting psychiatric counseling. That’s later. Daniel Bryan is now. Now more than ever.
This is a big test for WWE. The path is SO CLEAR. “The fans choose.” We’ve heard that before, right? Well, the fans have chosen. WWE can give the people what they want, or jam their boring, stubborn vision down their throats yet again.
But, as a consumer, realize this: If WWE doesn’t give you what you want in this, the most obvious of situations, they will probably never give you what you want. That being the case, there is only one answer you can give when it comes to subscribing to the new WWE Network:
NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! "
Mic
League - Top 5

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Other Sports