Kowree Naracoorte Football League

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: Kowree Naracoorte Football League

Postby Muffler » Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:43 pm

Caramels wrote:Good money at Padthaway for the two boys from Encounter Bay, $3.5K per game each. No wonder our footy is stuffed! :shock:

Mate there not even on that between em. 3.5k per game each haha come on caramels!!
Muffler
Under 18s

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 2 times

Postby Champ » Fri Jan 17, 2014 9:56 pm

Mr Welsh let slip it was 2k but didn't know about Perrie exactly
Champ
Under 18s

Has liked: 51 times
Been liked: 9 times
Grassroots Team: Gawler Central

Postby an eagle for me » Sat Jan 18, 2014 5:55 pm

Stuart Ferenci from border districts was asked to go on a new fox sports reality show called 'the recruit'. Winner gets an AFL contract
an eagle for me

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby Look Good In Leather » Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:21 pm

Caramels wrote:Good money at Padthaway for the two boys from Encounter Bay, $3.5K per game each. No wonder our footy is stuffed! :shock:

How is the footy stuffed? Surely if the clubs can afford it, that means better quality players are getting attracted to the league, and therefore improve the footy
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby Caramels » Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:05 am

Muffler wrote:

Mate there not even on that between em. 3.5k per game each haha come on caramels!!

So which one of them are you calling a "liar"? You are no doubt within the inner sanctum down there if you can emphatically deny that figure. If I told you where that info came from you may get a shock, but I won't! :butthead:
Last edited by Caramels on Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Caramels
Under 16s

Postby Caramels » Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:10 am

Look Good In Leather wrote:

How is the footy stuffed? Surely if the clubs can afford it, that means better quality players are getting attracted to the league, and therefore improve the footy

It's stuffed because in the country there is too much money thrown at blokes who can't play, they do it for a couple of years until they get sick of travelling or the money dries up, come back to the city and expect similar coin.
I'll give you a perfect example, a couple of lads from Gaza went to Bordertown to line their pockets, where are they now? Adrian Stephens on any more that $200 is excessive and guess what, he was on more than double that!
If you have ever been involved in running a city club you would know this is fact.
Caramels
Under 16s

Postby grasshopper22 » Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:50 pm

an eagle for me wrote:Stuart Ferenci from border districts was asked to go on a new fox sports reality show called 'the recruit'. Winner gets an AFL contract

Is this fair dinkum? And is he doing it?
grasshopper22
Reserves

Has liked: 84 times
Been liked: 23 times

Postby an eagle for me » Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:04 pm

grasshopper22 wrote:
an eagle for me wrote:Stuart Ferenci from border districts was asked to go on a new fox sports reality show called 'the recruit'. Winner gets an AFL contract

My nephew saw it on facebook, don't know any more.
an eagle for me

Postby cracka » Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:12 pm

grasshopper22 wrote:

I vaguely remember Roo & Ditts talking to Michael Voss about this. Vossy will be on the panel or something.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 458 times
Been liked: 560 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby hairy cat » Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:32 am

hey caramels not to many from the city make an impact first up unless out of SANFL that tells me dont take footy out bush lightly
hairy cat
Under 16s

Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 28 times
Grassroots Team: Kapunda

Postby OnSong » Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:47 am

hairy cat wrote:hey caramels not to many from the city make an impact first up unless out of SANFL that tells me dont take footy out bush lightly

Don't think he was suggesting that. More so just how hard it is to entice players to city clubs based on the figures some country clubs pay out to players who probably don't deserve it.
Right in front of me. RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!
OnSong
Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 543 times

Postby hairy cat » Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:16 pm

i reckon there was 3 lads went to town for cash from balaklava last year OS
hairy cat
Under 16s

Postby OnSong » Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:28 pm

hairy cat wrote:i reckon there was 3 lads went to town for cash from balaklava last year OS

True.
OnSong
Coach

Postby hairy cat » Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:49 pm

craig holm couldnt be shifted from rostrever by a certain APFL club as their offer was matched and we no the sort of money this club has just ask an ex power player
hairy cat
Under 16s

Postby Muffler » Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:11 pm

Caramels wrote:
Muffler wrote:

So which one of them are you calling a "liar"? You are no doubt within the inner sanctum down there if you can emphatically deny that figure. If I told you where that info came from you may get a shock, but I won't! :butthead:

The club was already pretty much at its limit b4 welsh and perrie so u expect them to find another 100k plus just lying round champ? Someones pullin ya leg mate. Oh and yes im am very close to that club alot bloody closer then yaself. Keep dribbling its entertaining :)
Muffler
Under 18s

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 2 times

Postby field of dreams » Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:06 pm

Muffler wrote:
Caramels wrote:
Muffler wrote:

The club was already pretty much at its limit b4 welsh and perrie so u expect them to find another 100k plus just lying round champ? Someones pullin ya leg mate. Oh and yes im am very close to that club alot bloody closer then yaself. Keep dribbling its entertaining :)

Very community spirited of them to leave Encounter Bay where they played in a flag last year to more than triple their drive and play for the love of the game. :roll: :lol: Dunno about 3.5K per game each, but it'd have to be a tidy sum.
field of dreams
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 126 times
Been liked: 78 times

Postby OnSong » Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:08 pm

What's the situation regarding points in this league? Is it based on win %age or would the likes of the bottom four or five get more than the top? Or just standard 15 across the board?
OnSong
Coach

Postby Dewkicker » Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:49 am

Watched the annual Keith v BDT trial last night. Good crowd and a reasonable standard of footy with a three or four goal win to Keith. Would expect Keith to slip a fair bit, as apparently they were only missing two players, unless they pick up some late recruits.
Dewkicker
Rookie

Postby Legs Man » Thu Apr 03, 2014 2:24 pm

Heard from a source at Encounter Bay that they pulled up at $2k each for Perrie & Welsh and had the opportunity to match the Padthaway offer of $2.5k each.
Reckon it was the $10k sign on that got them across the line though.

Naturally this is all hearsay - but it's a longer drive to Padthaway than Encounter Bay.

There might be some good looking sorts at Padthaway which drew them down there or maybe the coaching standard is better?
Legs Man
Under 16s

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 44 times

Postby an eagle for me » Sun May 04, 2014 5:02 pm

Been a sad time here lately with the passing of Peter Featherston. Champion player and was still a big part of Padthaway's charge to the finals this season. Will be missed.

On the field yesterday Border Districts notched up their first win with an 84 point win over Kyby. Both teams were quite young but Borders' top four or five players much better. Clint Barras (nine goals) and Elijah Ware (six) had a day out while Ky Miller was silky throughout.

For Kyby, Tom Cooper is still a gun and he will be for a long while yet. Just so strong and skilled.
an eagle for me

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy