The Magpies Are Now The AFL Power Reserves

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: The Magpies Are Now The AFL Power Reserves

Postby Panther Pack » Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:48 pm

But if the Powers reserves side played in an AFL reserves comp (I know not on the radar) would Port Adelaide have a presence in the SANFL or would they completely leave it?

Any port people know the clubs view on this?
Panther Pack
Reserves

Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 139 times

Postby kickinit » Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:17 pm

whufc wrote:Ummm is your first sentence a serious question

The answer is no Centrals were not an AFL reserves side last year because we are not 'one club ' with an AFL side

And the reason your club is now called the Power is because it was happy to sell its identity to get in with the rebranded VFL

If your club had as much pride in its emblem and colours as Eddie did you may not have had to sell your identity.

It's such a bad thing that our club wanted to play in the best competition in Australia? Port Adelaide joined the AFL because it didn't want to be stuck playing in a second rate competition. Port Adelaide had to pay a price and that was entering the AFL as the power and not the magpies, a pretty small price when all your true supporters knows it's still the PAFC.

The only difference between this year and last year, is now all those players that we have spent money and time developing will now be playing for us.

Face facts WHUFC the AFL is the best league in this country. The SANFL will always be a second rate comp which will never change no matter how much you cry about it.
We're on this journey together, One Heart, One Club and they will Never Ever Tear Us Apart.
kickinit
League - Top 5

Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 95 times

Postby Jim05 » Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:21 pm

kickinit wrote:
whufc wrote:Ummm is your first sentence a serious question

The answer is no Centrals were not an AFL reserves side last year because we are not 'one club ' with an AFL side

And the reason your club is now called the Power is because it was happy to sell its identity to get in with the rebranded VFL

If your club had as much pride in its emblem and colours as Eddie did you may not have had to sell your identity.

It's such a bad thing that our club wanted to play in the best competition in Australia? Port Adelaide joined the AFL because it didn't want to be stuck playing in a second rate competition. Port Adelaide had to pay a price and that was entering the AFL as the power and not the magpies, a pretty small price when all your true supporters knows it's still the PAFC.

The only difference between this year and last year, is now all those players that we have spent money and time developing will now be playing for us.

Face facts WHUFC the AFL is the best league in this country. The SANFL will always be a second rate comp which will never change no matter how much you cry about it.

You are more than welcome to piss off and get out of this second rate comp then. No one will miss you
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3552 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Apachebulldog » Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:25 pm

You got no idea Mr Kickit I will say once again they are a AFL POWER RESERVES SIDE which part of AFL RESERVES do you not understand are you dyxlexic ???????????
SANFL 2000 - 2011 Central District 12 consecutive Grand Final appearances and 9 Premierships.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFFFFFFFFFF.

Hit em hard let them get up and hit em again.
Apachebulldog
League - Best 21

Has liked: 381 times
Been liked: 115 times

Postby kickinit » Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:33 pm

Panther Pack wrote:But if the Powers reserves side played in an AFL reserves comp (I know not on the radar) would Port Adelaide have a presence in the SANFL or would they completely leave it?

The club doesn't have a view on it, because it has only been discussed on this forum. My personal view is no, we would leave the SANFL. The club wouldn't be in a position to keep it's SANFL side's and to have 2 AFL sides. The cost of putting in another side would be huge. Travel, accommodation, food, extra staff and extra player payments quickly adds up. I would think that port current setup would be cheaper then just the AFL and the AFL reserves comp. I don't we will never see a AFL reserves comp due to the impact it would have finically on some of the lower end clubs, especially the way the AFL CEO contract works.
We're on this journey together, One Heart, One Club and they will Never Ever Tear Us Apart.
kickinit
League - Top 5

Postby kickinit » Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:38 pm

Apachebulldog wrote:You got no idea Mr Kickit I will say once again they are a AFL POWER RESERVES SIDE which part of AFL RESERVES do you not understand are you dyxlexic ???????????

well then if they are the port power reserves can you show me in a fixture were they are playing? As A port supporter I would like to see them play but I can only find Port Power in the AFL and the Port MAGPIES in the SANFL. The part of the AFL reserves I don't understand, is that the AFL only has 1 competition which isn't classed as a reserve competition. I am really struggling to find this second AFL competition or this second port power side. Seeing as we all know how smart you people from Elizabeth are, i'm sure you will be able to provide me with the information.
Last edited by kickinit on Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kickinit
League - Top 5

Postby kickinit » Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:43 pm

Jim05 wrote:You are more than welcome to piss off and get out of this second rate comp then. No one will miss you

Why would I leave? I support my club no matter what, i'm not what you call a weak supporter. But it doesn't change my stance on what the competition is. Do majority of the SANFL jnr's dream about playing sanfl league footy or AFL footy? Do the most talented footballers come to play in the SANFL or go to the AFL? Face facts Jim when compared to the AFL the SANFL is a second rate competition. Saying it's not is like saying James Hird is innocent
kickinit
League - Top 5

Postby PatowalongaPirate » Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:46 pm

where centrals a AFL reserves side last year? The only reason our AFL side is named the power is because collingwood are in the AFL, if there was no collingwood in the AFL and Port's AFL side was known as the magpies and wearing the prison bar guernsey would would you still be crying? The sooner you muppet's realise that our SANFL side is the Port Magpies the sooner the crying will stop on this forum. I'm sure you have broken a record or something with how long you have cried over this topic.[/quote]

Even if this were the case, the Port Adelaide in the SANFL League competition would still be a reserves side.
safooty Melbourne Cup Day Tipping Champion 2018 & 2019 #Back2Back
2018 safooty NFL Tipping Champion
PatowalongaPirate
2022 SA Footy Punter of the Year

Has liked: 447 times
Been liked: 1210 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Jim05 » Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:46 pm

kickinit wrote:
Jim05 wrote:You are more than welcome to piss off and get out of this second rate comp then. No one will miss you

Why would I leave? I support my club no matter what, i'm not what you call a weak supporter. But it doesn't change my stance on what the competition is. Do majority of the SANFL jnr's dream about playing sanfl league footy or AFL footy? Do the most talented footballers come to play in the SANFL or go to the AFL? Face facts Jim when compared to the AFL the SANFL is a second rate competition. Saying it's not is like saying James Hird is innocent

It is a second rate comp, the AFL is the best and thats why when you joined the AFL that should of been the end of Port in the SANFL.
If only the gutless pricks incharge of the SANFL at the time had demanded you take everything to the AFL we wouldnt be in this mess now
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3552 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby The Sleeping Giant » Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:46 pm

kickinit wrote:

Jim05 is talking about the Power reserves, not you. :roll:
Cannabis is safer than alcohol
The Sleeping Giant
Coach

Has liked: 69 times
Been liked: 193 times

Postby The Sleeping Giant » Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:47 pm

kickinit wrote:
Panther Pack wrote:But if the Powers reserves side played in an AFL reserves comp (I know not on the radar) would Port Adelaide have a presence in the SANFL or would they completely leave it?

The club doesn't have a view on it, because it has only been discussed on this forum. My personal view is no, we would leave the SANFL. The club wouldn't be in a position to keep it's SANFL side's and to have 2 AFL sides. The cost of putting in another side would be huge. Travel, accommodation, food, extra staff and extra player payments quickly adds up. I would think that port current setup would be cheaper then just the AFL and the AFL reserves comp. I don't we will never see a AFL reserves comp due to the impact it would have finically on some of the lower end clubs, especially the way the AFL CEO contract works.

Struggling to keep one side afloat.
The Sleeping Giant
Coach

Postby kickinit » Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:49 pm

The Sleeping Giant wrote:
kickinit wrote:

Jim05 is talking about the Power reserves, not you. :roll:

:roll:
kickinit
League - Top 5

Postby Panther Pack » Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:49 pm

I notice there is no Magpies club forum where do magpie supporters go to talk about their club?

What does this all mean?
Panther Pack
Reserves

Postby kickinit » Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:53 pm

The Sleeping Giant wrote:
kickinit wrote:

Struggling to keep one side afloat.

coming from a guy that team just sign the most ridiculous contract in the history of football.
kickinit
League - Top 5

Postby The Sleeping Giant » Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:55 pm

Now he is Nostradamus
The Sleeping Giant
Coach

Postby Panther Pack » Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:00 pm

Okay so if a player isn't selected to play for a clubs League side then where does he play?
Panther Pack
Reserves

Postby kickinit » Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:03 pm

Panther Pack wrote:Okay so if a player isn't selected to play for a clubs League side then where does he play?

He will play in the SANFL reserves comp.
kickinit
League - Top 5

Postby Panther Pack » Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:14 pm

kickinit wrote:
Panther Pack wrote:Okay so if a player isn't selected to play for a clubs League side then where does he play?

He will play in the SANFL reserves comp.

I wasn't being specific to the sanfl say for example a player is not selected for Claremonts league team then which team would he play in?
Panther Pack
Reserves

Postby Bounce of the ball » Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:16 pm

oh dear.
Bounce of the ball
Reserves

Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 65 times

Postby Panther Pack » Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:28 pm

Bounce of the ball wrote:

oh dear.

Silly question and obvious answer is if a player isn't selected to play for the league side then they will play in the reserves side.

So based on that regardless of which competition a team plays in then if a Port Power player does not get selected to play for the league team he will play for port's reserve side!!!!!!!

Thanks you've been great, I'm here all week try the Salmon.

Good Night :-)
Panther Pack
Reserves

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL