ok raw, not the best but decent

god AJ looks better everytime I see her :D
Bully
Coach

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 120 times

Re: Pro Wrestling Talk

Postby Magnum Force » Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:39 pm

Just watched raw, Batistas pop was pretty poor for his comeback, They should of saved it for the rumble and had him as a suprise entrant, Crowd would of went psycho for that. His promo with Randy was terrible as well.

If Bryan doesnt win the rumble something is terribly wrong with the WWE, havent seen a bloke so over for ages
I'm kind of a big deal, people know me
Magnum Force
Rookie

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 11 times
Grassroots Team: Plympton

Postby Blackwhite » Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:59 pm

Magnum Force wrote:Just watched raw, Batistas pop was pretty poor for his comeback, They should of saved it for the rumble and had him as a suprise entrant, Crowd would of went psycho for that. His promo with Randy was terrible as well.

If Bryan doesnt win the rumble something is terribly wrong with the WWE, havent seen a bloke so over for ages

I agree, Batista's return was very lacklustre. Blame that on his return being spoiled.

As for Bryan, he isn't in the rumble at this stage as he is scheduled to face Bray Wyatt. However I wouldn't be surprised if he performed double duty and went on to win the rumble. That would be nothing short of epic. Do I agree 100% that Daniel Bryan should win the rumble? YES! YES! YES!
Blackwhite
Reserves

Has liked: 58 times
Been liked: 44 times
Grassroots Team: Payneham NU

Postby woodublieve12 » Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:16 am

Magnum Force wrote:Just watched raw, Batistas pop was pretty poor for his comeback, They should of saved it for the rumble and had him as a suprise entrant, Crowd would of went psycho for that. His promo with Randy was terrible as well.

couldn't agree more...
Also i thought that comm teams repsonse was ordinary to when he came back...

I honestly think if Bryan doesn't win the Rumble the winner will actually get alot of heat... Absolutely ridic if he doesn't...

But when HHH mentioned blokes in line for the title he never mentioned Bryan or Punk... I actually reckon thats a good sign...
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3025 times
Been liked: 2401 times

Postby helicopterking » Sat Jan 25, 2014 8:37 am

Got a feeling Kane will be in the Royal Rumble,somewhere near the end, solely to eliminate C.M Punk. I also think Bryan will be part of it.
Reigns to take out both members of the shield.
helicopterking
Coach

Has liked: 298 times
Been liked: 667 times

Postby MightyEagles » Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:46 am

I think Bryan will win, just to stick it up HHH and co.
WOOOOO, Premiers 1993, 2006 and 2011!
Eagles - P 528 W 320 L 205 D 3 W% 60.89
WFC - P 575 W 160 L 411 D 4 W% 28.17
WTFC - P 1568 W 702 L 841 D 25 W% 45.56
Total - P 2671 W 1183 L 1457 D 32 W% 44.88
3 Flags - 1 Club
MightyEagles
Coach

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 12 times
Grassroots Team: United Eagles

Postby Bully » Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:58 am

MightyEagles wrote:I think Bryan will win, just to stick it up HHH and co.

and I thought I took wrestling seriously :lol:
Bully
Coach

Postby Mic » Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:21 am

D Bryan will lose to Wyatt at the Rumble and get the hell kicked out of him by all 3 Wyatts. He will then be a surprise entrant into the Rumble match, and will win. (Hopefully)
Mic
League - Top 5

Has liked: 166 times
Been liked: 144 times

Postby wristwatcher » Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:07 pm

I'm going to a Royal Rumble party Monday and I'm pretty up and about for it. Always a very interesting PPV. I haven't really had any time to do any online reading apart from this forum but is there any talk, whispers or suggestion of a Dead man appearance or even a very big suprise Rumble entry.

I love to dream but it would amazing if he won with Cena beating Orton then it would set up Cena v Taker at Mania and Taker could win and then retire at 22-0. Just a dream I know but it sure as shit would be some great booking. 8)

My tip for the Rumble is Daniel Bryant. That also would be good booking and logical reward for the hottest star in the universe. If the company doesn't put him in the Rumble and just has him wrestle a mid carder they are F@&$en morons. I haven't seen Smackdown yet so I'm not sure where all this sits.

I also agree with the popular thoughts on here. Battistas return was as underwhelming as it could have been. The vignettes and Pre promo stuff where good but his appearance was yawn. :roll:
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 845 times

Postby Bully » Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:30 pm

not sure if I am reading that correct but you want cena to beat orton at the rumble?, then taker to challenge cena at mania and win, then retire. So what happens to the championship when taker wins over cena at mania ?
Bully
Coach

Postby Blackwhite » Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:43 pm

wristwatcher wrote:I'm going to a Royal Rumble party Monday and I'm pretty up and about for it. Always a very interesting PPV. I haven't really had any time to do any online reading apart from this forum but is there any talk, whispers or suggestion of a Dead man appearance or even a very big suprise Rumble entry.

I love to dream but it would amazing if he won with Cena beating Orton then it would set up Cena v Taker at Mania and Taker could win and then retire at 22-0. Just a dream I know but it sure as shit would be some great booking. 8)

My tip for the Rumble is Daniel Bryant. That also would be good booking and logical reward for the hottest star in the universe. If the company doesn't put him in the Rumble and just has him wrestle a mid carder they are F@&$en morons. I haven't seen Smackdown yet so I'm not sure where all this sits.

I also agree with the popular thoughts on here. Battistas return was as underwhelming as it could have been. The vignettes and Pre promo stuff where good but his appearance was yawn. :roll:

It is selfish of me to want Undertaker to go until he is 25-0? I don't think there'd be anything more epic than that.
Blackwhite
Reserves

Postby wristwatcher » Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:48 pm

Bully wrote:not sure if I am reading that correct but you want cena to beat orton at the rumble?, then taker to challenge cena at mania and win, then retire. So what happens to the championship when taker wins over cena at mania ?

Any one of about 10 things. Was it not vacant just last year.

It would be a great way for Taker to go out. It is a way of getting Taker v Cena and people may actually buy into the fact that Taker can't beat the true face of the company and carry the strap. It could also be dare I double dream a great way for the company to turn Cena heel so he could work a good program with Bryant post Mania.

It's all obviously a massive dream but If Batista wins the Rumble and Orton wins his match its going to be a bland 3 months of shit promos. Plus it would be great to see Taker have one last run working a solid 3 month program as opposed to just one match with limited build up.
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Postby wristwatcher » Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:52 pm

Blackwhite wrote:
wristwatcher wrote:I'm going to a Royal Rumble party Monday and I'm pretty up and about for it. Always a very interesting PPV. I haven't really had any time to do any online reading apart from this forum but is there any talk, whispers or suggestion of a Dead man appearance or even a very big suprise Rumble entry.

It is selfish of me to want Undertaker to go until he is 25-0? I don't think there'd be anything more epic than that.

It's not but as A 55 year old wrestling once a year I'm not sure how good a match he could have. It could well happen. Quick trivia question ; Who is the only man he didn't pin or submit at a Mania and which Mania was it?
wristwatcher
Coach

Postby Bully » Sat Jan 25, 2014 1:10 pm

still think lesnar will have a show in the championship race to mania
Bully
Coach

Postby Blackwhite » Sat Jan 25, 2014 1:28 pm

wristwatcher wrote:
Blackwhite wrote:

It's not but as A 55 year old wrestling once a year I'm not sure how good a match he could have. It could well happen. Quick trivia question ; Who is the only man he didn't pin or submit at a Mania and which Mania was it?

No one can doubt what the Undertaker is capable of. I know age is not on his side and his body is starting to struggle but as far as I am concerned Undertaker is one of, if not the best professional wrestlers to step foot inside the squared circle. I truly believe Undertaker can still put on a classic 5 star match and he has proved this year after year.

And if my memory serves me correct, at Wrestlemania 9 Undertaker defated the Giant Gonzalez by DQ. That match definitely wasn't one of Undertakers 5 star classic matches though ;)
Blackwhite
Reserves

Postby Mic » Sat Jan 25, 2014 1:42 pm

Blackwhite wrote:
wristwatcher wrote:
Blackwhite wrote:

No one can doubt what the Undertaker is capable of. I know age is not on his side and his body is starting to struggle but as far as I am concerned Undertaker is one of, if not the best professional wrestlers to step foot inside the squared circle. I truly believe Undertaker can still put on a classic 5 star match and he has proved this year after year.

And if my memory serves me correct, at Wrestlemania 9 Undertaker defated the Giant Gonzalez by DQ. That match definitely wasn't one of Undertakers 5 star classic matches though ;)

With the right opponent he can. A Cena vs Undertaker match will never be a 5 star classic.

Yep, Wrestlemania 9.
Mic
League - Top 5

Postby wristwatcher » Sat Jan 25, 2014 2:30 pm

Yep 9 when one of the worst lines ever commentated was uttered " Do you smell that, is that chloroform?" :oops: I guess Bobby the Brain or Gorilla Monsoon had been smothered with chloroform. :roll:
wristwatcher
Coach

Postby Mic » Sat Jan 25, 2014 3:11 pm

wristwatcher wrote:Yep 9 when one of the worst lines ever commentated was uttered " Do you smell that, is that chloroform?" :oops: I guess Bobby the Brain or Gorilla Monsoon had been smothered with chloroform. :roll:

Was Jim Ross I reckon (in his first WWE show). Terrible PPV that one.
Mic
League - Top 5

Postby Pag » Sat Jan 25, 2014 5:00 pm

Batista bored me as soon as he walked out on Raw, then he opened his mouth, and I skipped the segment. Yawn. He should never speak on camera, never.

Raw going live in Australia really isn't going to make a big difference, most of us (I'm assuming) are at work at 11am on Tuesdays anyway?
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 499 times

Postby wristwatcher » Sat Jan 25, 2014 5:17 pm

Pag wrote:Batista bored me as soon as he walked out on Raw, then he opened his mouth, and I skipped the segment. Yawn. He should never speak on camera, never.

Raw going live in Australia really isn't going to make a big difference, most of us (I'm assuming) are at work at 11am on Tuesdays anyway?

At this stage mate :D But i have found that i dont ever really watch it live unless i have a day off without commitments, maybe 3 or 4 times a year. i also have significantly increased my enjoyment by watching it in IQ to take the 3 hour program to a 45-90 minute program without commercials, diva puss, ongoing WWE ads, Khali matches and some of the crap you have to endure to get to the quality... Yes Batista mike time can be put in that category.
wristwatcher
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Other Sports