Rumours / Player Movement Discussions for 2014

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: Rumours of Player Movement Discussions for 2014

Postby RB » Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:52 pm

words of wisdom wrote:The Crows have said they will work with the clubs by releasing the player to their local team if they have an important game.

I don't want these hacks in the SANFL, but again it's a farce that league football is going to take a backseat to amateur football in this cases.
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
RB
Coach

Has liked: 759 times
Been liked: 1073 times

Postby topsywaldron » Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:32 pm

beenreal wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:Nick Lower staying with the Bulldogs reserves side.
I guess the SANFL isnt so attractive any more.

WHAT??? You mean he doesn't feel an inherent yearning to come back and immerse himself in the second best competition on the face of the planet? #-O

Improved a damn sight more as a player under Bassett at Norwood than he ever did under your spud coach in the Hyper-Awesome Football League you love so much.

One non crap season in eight and you're carrying on like Port aren't on a financial precipice. Love it.
'People are not stupid. They know when they are being conned. And two reserves teams operating in a League competition will reduce it to a farce, a competition without a soul.'

Dion Hayman 24th July 2013
topsywaldron
Veteran

Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 218 times

Postby daysofourlives » Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:57 pm

words of wisdom wrote:
Akkoland wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:
GWW wrote:SANFL Clearance list:

http://www.foxsportspulse.com/assoc_pag ... -0&a=CLEAR

The Crows' Reserves side has taken a few from closeby country leagues - including Tom Carroll (GSFL; previously played at South Adelaide I think), Matthew Thompson (RMFL; previous Sturt junior); Gene Robinson (medium forward, RMFL), and now Michael O'Malley (RMFL, ex Sturt junior, who I think is Adam Cockshell's half brother).

Does anyone know what sort of contract these top up players are on and where their 1st obligation is?
Given they are more likely to play a majority of their games with their country/amateur club does the needs of their country/amateur club take precedence if they have a big game, ie need to win to make the finals, that type of thing.

I would think the fact that they have chosen to sign on with the Crows it would mean their priorities would have to be with the Crows.

I believe it's around $400 a game. The Crows have said they will work with the clubs by releasing the player to their local team if they have an important game.

And you can believe everything the Crows and Trigg say
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2415 times
Been liked: 1657 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby finn » Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:19 pm

Several of the training & potential top up players play for the same local sides and the Crows know that some of these players are on the point system. To minimise disruption to the core of the local side they've said that they'll try to spread the load on the top-up players and clubs.
It also suggests that they'll take into account where the side is playing eg northern area country players when they play in Clare.
This of course will be tempered by the sort of players their side requires.
Personally I think their mix of country and city footballers isn't too bad; it's not as if they're picking players from just premiership sides.
always forgive your enemies...nothing annoys them so much
finn
League - Best 21

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 22 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide University

Postby words of wisdom » Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:47 am

RB wrote:
words of wisdom wrote:The Crows have said they will work with the clubs by releasing the player to their local team if they have an important game.

I don't want these hacks in the SANFL, but again it's a farce that league football is going to take a backseat to amateur football in this cases.

Exactly, why would you want young local footballers running around in the SANFL.... :roll:
words of wisdom
League - Best 21

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 19 times
Grassroots Team: Mt Burr

Postby MatteeG » Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:02 am

If a player spends a full year at the Crows reserves, then goes back to country/ammos, does he become a 4 pointer ex SANFL or not?
helicopterking wrote:Flaggies will choke. Always have.
MatteeG
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 511 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Postby Booney » Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:10 am

topsywaldron wrote:
beenreal wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:Nick Lower staying with the Bulldogs reserves side.
I guess the SANFL isnt so attractive any more.

WHAT??? You mean he doesn't feel an inherent yearning to come back and immerse himself in the second best competition on the face of the planet? #-O

Improved a damn sight more as a player under Bassett at Norwood than he ever did under your spud coach in the Hyper-Awesome Football League you love so much.
One non crap season in eight and you're carrying on like Port aren't on a financial precipice. Love it.

Oh yes indeed. 20 games in 4 seasons at Port before being delisted then back to Norwood before his meteoric rise to 22 games in 2 at Freo ( before being delisted ) and 13 with the lowly Bulldogs in 2013 before being delisted again. Immeasurable improvement. ;)
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby 85 WAS A GOOD YEAR » Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:25 am

MatteeG wrote:If a player spends a full year at the Crows reserves, then goes back to country/ammos, does he become a 4 pointer ex SANFL or not?

According to the APPS rules in place currently - yes he does.
He's played a majority of his games in that grade of a SANFL club in the previous season, so this will determine his eligibility status.
Major State League = 4 points
85 WAS A GOOD YEAR
League - Best 21

Has liked: 99 times
Been liked: 7 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Postby RB » Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:35 pm

words of wisdom wrote:
RB wrote:

Exactly, why would you want young local footballers running around in the SANFL.... :roll:

The only footballers that should be running around in the SANFL are ones that have earned their spot.
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
RB
Coach

Has liked: 759 times
Been liked: 1073 times

Postby daysofourlives » Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:20 pm

85 WAS A GOOD YEAR wrote:
MatteeG wrote:If a player spends a full year at the Crows reserves, then goes back to country/ammos, does he become a 4 pointer ex SANFL or not?

He's played a majority of his games in that grade of a SANFL club in the previous season, so this will determine his eligibility status.

I dare say none of the top up players will end up playing more games at SANFL level than country unless they get injured
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2415 times
Been liked: 1657 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby Homer J » Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:07 am

don't think thats right?

If he was a 0 point player for a club before playing in AFLsa and returns the next year to that club, hes still a 0 point player.

Kent Kingsley did it in the Barossa, came back from Geelong - 0 point player.
Homer J
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 43 times

Postby Jim05 » Thu Jan 23, 2014 2:36 pm

Homer J wrote:

don't think thats right?

If he was a 0 point player for a club before playing in AFLsa and returns the next year to that club, hes still a 0 point player.

Kent Kingsley did it in the Barossa, came back from Geelong - 0 point player.

Correct.
You will always be a 0 pointer if you return to your home club
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby SDK » Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:52 pm

I could care very little who plays for the Crows in their reserves side but the poorer the players who play there the happier I will be. It will show how stupid Brenton Sanderson was/is for leading the charge to change an ADVANTAGE the Crows had into an absolute joke where their fringe players are playing along side shit players and are learning NOTHING from the players around them.
Ask Mitch Grigg and Nathan Brown how much they learned and improved at Norwood with quality players around them and assisting them. Ditto similar players at all other SANFL clubs.
Example : Taylor Walker coming back from injury makes position and leads as his poorly skilled team mate kicks it over his head or into the grandstand
SDK
League - Best 21

Been liked: 51 times

Postby GWW » Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:53 pm

Which Nathan Brown played for Norwood??
GWW

Has liked: 816 times
Been liked: 166 times

Postby SDK » Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:32 pm

Oops Luke Brown
SDK
League - Best 21

Postby Dogwatcher » Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:49 am

Wedgie wrote:Due to quite a bit of feedback I've changed the topic name to Rumours of Player Movement to avoid confusion. Any more discussion on the Power can be carried on in one of the many topics about it already and any future posts not related to player movements will be deleted from here.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Dutchy » Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:11 pm

SANFL News
31 Jan 2014
BEN BACK FOR THE BLOODS

By ZAC MILBANK | Twitter @zacmilbank

West Adelaide has lured Ben Fisher back to City Mazda Stadium after the consistent defender spent last year playing in country Victoria.

Fisher, 28, will add considerable experience to the Bloods’ backline having chalked up 101 league matches before appearing for Walpeup Underbool in 2013.

‘’It is great having Ben back to help bolster our defence,’’ West football services manager Andrew Marks said of Fisher, 182cm and 75kg.

‘’His tackling and aggression around the ball will certainly be appreciated in season 2014. Ben is training really well and hasn’t missed a beat.’’

Former Glenelg ruckman Michael Bennett has also decided to have another crack at SANFL level after spending the past few years playing at country level.

‘’Michael certainly adds depth to our rucks and will certainly appreciate having Mark Mickan’s guidance as coach,’’ Marks said.

Magarey Medallist James Ezard, who has been burning up the track with some impressive time trials, has also extended his contract with the Bloods.

‘’After such an injury plagued season in 2013, Jimmy is looking for a change of fortune and is hopeful of producing another great year for the Bloods,’’ Marks said.

These additions come on the back of West securing former Brisbane Lion Richard Newell and former Central District pair Andrew Hayes and Justin Hardy before Christmas.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby Brodlach » Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:19 pm

Glad Ben is back, looks super fit. Richard Newell, best runner I think I have ever seen in the SANFL.
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4206 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby SDK » Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:11 pm

Fisher is a good pick up .... good player.
SDK
League - Best 21

Postby johntheclaret » Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:30 pm

Walpeup Underbool !!! surely this is a typo.

no wonder he came back to West :lol:
johntheclaret
Coach

Has liked: 409 times
Been liked: 580 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL