HFL Division 2 (Country)

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: HFL Country Division

Postby Justquietly » Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:53 am

cracka wrote:
Digits21 wrote:
Champ wrote:
Digits21 wrote:I haven't played for a number of years but all reports suggest that the Devils have moved on from the recent controversy surrounding the club and are setting themselves for a big year in the Country Divison.

With Bruce Dawes as A-Grade Coach and Shane Mohor assistant, Scott Huff as B-Brade Coachwith Adam Penny as his assistant, they've got some good people in important roles. Sounds like the player list is coming together nicely also.

Keen to see how how the Devils shape up against the better sides in the Country Div. Word on the street is that the players are pretty pumped with the challenge ahead of them.

By no means am i suggesting that Mt Lofty will win the premiership, but hypothetically speaking, if they did, would they be automatically promoted?...I haven't kept up to date with the changes to the HFL constitution etc etc.

The Devils win and the Demons choke and there might just be a switch back...

Is that written in the HFL constitution (as in top of country goes up, and bottome of central goes down), or will it be determinded depending on mood of the HFL at the time?

How do you think Echunga will go this year?

I don't think anything changed in regards to the HFL by-laws so if Lofty win the country A grade flag they would have to nominate to be promoted. IMO it should be the club that finishes top of the club shield that gets to nominate to go up.
On the central forum some are saying Echunga will get smashed but I'm not so sure. Uraidla & Mt Barker are streets ahead, the next 6 are pretty even & last year Bridgewater & Lofty were very competitive in some games.

They are some great people involved, I've played footy with Bruce & Shane, solid blokes. Hopefully they can get a good list together (I haven't heard much about the list as yet) & get us back up. Re the promotion: as far as I'm aware, it's based on Club Shield in Central, but the Premier in Country (which I find a little strange), but that's what got Lofty where they are. Hopefully they fight back with a flag...
Chuck Norris makes onions cry
Justquietly
League - Best 21

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 5 times
Grassroots Team: Mt Lofty

Postby Kick'n Back » Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:58 pm

I hear cambrai are spending some coin this year to try and become competitive. Picked up a few guys from Brahma Lodge and Central United.
Kick'n Back
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 14 times

Postby 2old2slow » Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:40 am

Have heard same thing knb could make cambrai biggest spending club must have struck oil or something also heard the cu boys may not be up to the level
2old2slow
Rookie

Been liked: 6 times

Postby 2old2slow » Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:45 am

My spies also tell me that mt lofty have a few handy ex players returning
2old2slow
Rookie

Been liked: 6 times

Postby cracka » Tue Jan 28, 2014 6:48 am

2old2slow wrote:Have heard same thing knb could make cambrai biggest spending club must have struck oil or something also heard the cu boys may not be up to the level

Reading the SAAFL thread & Central United were almost kicked out for disciplinary reasons. Hopefully its not those players S/C have recruited.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 461 times
Been liked: 566 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby the wonder elephant » Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:05 pm

2old2slow wrote:My spies also tell me that mt lofty have a few handy ex players returning

Such as ???
the wonder elephant
League - Best 21

Has liked: 114 times
Been liked: 18 times
Grassroots Team: Ironbank

Postby Panther32 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:44 pm

the wonder elephant wrote:
2old2slow wrote:My spies also tell me that mt lofty have a few handy ex players returning

Such as ???

On the SFL forum there is rumours that a couple of Happy Valley players have returned to Lofty.
The only time i've ever been wrong...was when I thought I was wrong!!!
Panther32
League - Best 21

Has liked: 104 times
Been liked: 13 times
Grassroots Team: Reynella

Postby the wonder elephant » Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:54 pm

Panther32 wrote:

Such as ???

On the SFL forum there is rumours that a couple of Happy Valley players have returned to Lofty.

Cheers mate thought the same .... Boys take the money and run ... btw I think we have a mutual friend in Bowser !!!
the wonder elephant
League - Best 21

Has liked: 114 times
Been liked: 18 times
Grassroots Team: Ironbank

Postby Panther32 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:57 pm

Panther32 wrote:

Such as ???

Cheers mate thought the same .... Boys take the money and run ... btw I think we have a mutual friend in Bowser !!!

Hahaha that we do!
The only time i've ever been wrong...was when I thought I was wrong!!!
Panther32
League - Best 21

Has liked: 104 times
Been liked: 13 times
Grassroots Team: Reynella

Postby GEESKIP » Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:10 pm

Sedan/Cambrai definatly spending big.....a few boys from Brahma I know heading there for good coin include Tim Aloisi, Dan Hickey, Matty Leigh, Dene Steele & Steve Craven. Unfortunatly the majority of SAAFL clubs cant pay the sort of money being thrown around in country leagues and some players will take it wherever they can get it even if the club is a struggling one and uncompetitive. I hope these guys can make a difference and help the club rise up the ladder. All good footballers and top blokes, Good luck to them.
GEESKIP
Rookie

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Moonta

Postby footys the winner » Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:40 am

How many points do they have?
footys the winner
Under 18s

Has liked: 27 times
Been liked: 15 times

Postby Executive Member » Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:48 am

footys the winner wrote:How many points do they have?

25 :roll:
Executive Member
Veteran

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 140 times

Postby The Riddler » Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:05 am

Such as ???

Petersen-Grey & Gordon I heard
The Riddler
League - Top 5

Has liked: 84 times
Been liked: 29 times

Postby The Riddler » Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:06 am

2old2slow wrote:Have heard same thing knb could make cambrai biggest spending club must have struck oil or something also heard the cu boys may not be up to the level

Brad Woodward & Phil Hall will definitely be up to the level, both quality!
The Riddler
League - Top 5

Has liked: 84 times
Been liked: 29 times

Postby Greatbloke2386 » Thu Jan 30, 2014 3:56 pm

Sorry to burst your bubble tim aloisi has signed at Elizabeth
Greatbloke2386
Mini-League

Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Bute

Postby watchdog » Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:10 pm

Greatbloke2386 wrote:Sorry to burst your bubble tim aloisi has signed at Elizabeth

Technically the system lets you sign with multiple clubs at this time of year until clearances open. A CFL contract is only binding when the player has been cleared from his old club or signs a contract to stay with his existing club
watchdog
Under 18s

Been liked: 11 times

Postby Robran » Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:02 pm

Greatbloke2386 wrote:Sorry to burst your bubble tim aloisi has signed at Elizabeth

He had but changed his mind as the offer was way to good to refuse from sedan...
GO THE COCKS
The mighty cocks 2018 premiers
Robran
League - Best 21

Has liked: 209 times
Been liked: 189 times

Postby cracka » Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:50 pm

watchdog wrote:Technically the system lets you sign with multiple clubs at this time of year until clearances open. A CFL contract is only binding when the player has been cleared from his old club or signs a contract to stay with his existing club

That shouldn't be allowed to happen. That's probably half the reason why some players are getting paid way above their value. CFL should stop that sort of crap going on.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 461 times
Been liked: 566 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby The Dark Knight » Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:49 pm

Robran wrote:

He had but changed his mind as the offer was way to good to refuse from sedan...

Good news for us other SAAFL Div 5 clubs then Robran!
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10329 times
Been liked: 1519 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Robran » Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:01 pm

The Dark Knight wrote:
Robran wrote:

Good news for us other SAAFL Div 5 clubs then Robran!

Lol yeah im sure there a few teams now happy timmy has gone from eliz quality player massive lost for us but gives opportunitys for other guys to step up now and we move on.. will be very good for sedan if theres plenty of ball in there forward half is one of the best I have seen around goals thats for sure..well worth the money his on at sedan and some imo hope he can deliver the goods..
GO THE COCKS
The mighty cocks 2018 premiers
Robran
League - Best 21

Has liked: 209 times
Been liked: 189 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy