Adelaide Plains Football League

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: Adelaide Plains Football League

Postby stork » Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:01 pm

So at this stage it appears there is more people leaving the APFL then joining. I am purely basing all of this on Forum "hear say" which is obviously all credible as it is on the Internet....
stork
Rookie

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 6 times

Postby Footy Warrior » Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:58 pm

stork wrote:So at this stage it appears there is more people leaving the APFL then joining. I am purely basing all of this on Forum "hear say" which is obviously all credible as it is on the Internet....

Who's leaving Stork?
Footy Warrior
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Cobdogla

Postby Lame Choice » Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:15 pm

stork wrote:So at this stage it appears there is more people leaving the APFL then joining. I am purely basing all of this on Forum "hear say" which is obviously all credible as it is on the Internet....

Don't discount some emerging talent coming out of the U17s. More exciting than the recycled hasbeens chasing farmers coin.
"As long as I live, I will deny taking performance enhancing drugs" Lance Armstrong 2010
Lame Choice
Under 16s

Been liked: 30 times

Postby magpieeagle » Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:30 pm

Lame Choice wrote:

Don't discount some emerging talent coming out of the U17s. More exciting than the recycled hasbeens chasing farmers coin.

Where’s all that? Not much of a U17 comp here, maybe one full side this yr if we are lucky out of 7
magpieeagle
Reserves

Has liked: 108 times
Been liked: 69 times

Postby Lame Choice » Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:56 pm

magpieeagle wrote:
Lame Choice wrote:

Where’s all that? Not much of a U17 comp here, maybe one full side this yr if we are lucky out of 7

Most A Grade teams could only accommodate 2 or 3 lads coming up per year, so the actual numbers in the U17's is not so important (other than development). There are some names to watch from the top ten vote getters last year. The rest probably need a bit more time or may not make it to A grade in any case.
"As long as I live, I will deny taking performance enhancing drugs" Lance Armstrong 2010
Lame Choice
Under 16s

Postby magpieeagle » Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:28 pm

Lame Choice wrote:
magpieeagle wrote:
Lame Choice wrote:

Most A Grade teams could only accommodate 2 or 3 lads coming up per year, so the actual numbers in the U17's is not so important (other than development). There are some names to watch from the top ten vote getters last year. The rest probably need a bit more time or may not make it to A grade in any case.

NOT IMPORTANT, that's the whole problem with the league.bury the head in the sand,
magpieeagle
Reserves

Postby Lame Choice » Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:42 pm

Ease up champ. I'm not saying that lack of numbers is not concerning for the comp. I'm saying that it's not that important for the real talent coming through. Do you think that in a years time, young Charlie A is a worst player for coming through a weak U17 comp. I think not - he will be just as good. Hasn't seem to have impacted on Harry G's form.

I was simply saying to have a look at some of the younger talent. Take a relax tab mate..
Lame Choice
Under 16s

Postby Lame Choice » Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:56 pm

Also, I'm looking forward to a couple of the 2-3 year players stepping up and controlling games. Birchmore and Michael particularly.
Any probs with that Maggie?
Lame Choice
Under 16s

Postby stork » Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:04 am

Lame Choice wrote:Ease up champ. I'm not saying that lack of numbers is not concerning for the comp. I'm saying that it's not that important for the real talent coming through. Do you think that in a years time, young Charlie A is a worst player for coming through a weak U17 comp. I think not - he will be just as good. Hasn't seem to have impacted on Harry G's form.

I was simply saying to have a look at some of the younger talent. Take a relax tab mate..

firstly, *worse,

Secondly, yes I do some what. I am taking the side of Magpieeagle (for want of a better term). The APFL has built a "bigfish syndrome" - in SOME CASES. Not knowing Charlie I am not going to comment on how this will affect his development. As a generalisation what I have noticed is that Junior/younger players get told how they good they are to a point that builds false confidence even if they do "dominate" underage football (a pool of around 130 registered under 17s in 2013). Once it is time to enter the senior system (A grade and Reserve's football - a pool of about 350 players) the opportunities are less, the numbers are greater and due to low numbers in u/17s they do not have the knowledge, and at times the character to work for/earn what they want and often deserve. I will reiterate, I am not attacking past, present or future players or coaches but this is my observation and opinion.

In short players like Charlie Arbon & James Speissegger (BFC), Tyler Darwin & Dylan Collings (HBFC), Joshua Appleby (HWFC), Nik Seccafien and Doc heron (TWFC), Ryan Konzag & the Coe brothers (MFC) would benefit from playing in a stronger underage comp.
stork
Rookie

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 6 times

Postby RooShootOhh » Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:28 am

Lame Choice wrote:Ease up champ. I'm not saying that lack of numbers is not concerning for the comp. I'm saying that it's not that important for the real talent coming through. Do you think that in a years time, young Charlie A is a worst player for coming through a weak U17 comp. I think not - he will be just as good. Hasn't seem to have impacted on Harry G's form.

He might not go backwards, so he may not be a worse player, but no way in the world world will he become the best player he possibly could be.
Kids that are given things on a platter, dont really have to work hard etc in juniors usually find out the hard way it gets you nowhere.
if anyone thinks cruising in a poor junior program is good for a talented player they are kidding themselves.

The best thing for the long term future of the comp is to make sure there is a strong junior program, that will, in the future, create a strong senior comp and teams wouldn't have to recruit half a side to be competitive. Clearly numbers are the current problem, so the question is, what is the league doing to make junior footy more enticing to young kids, they cant leave this purely up to the clubs!
RooShootOhh
Under 16s

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 40 times
Grassroots Team: Waikerie

Postby magpieeagle » Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:53 am

RooShootOhh wrote:

He might not go backwards, so he may not be a worse player, but no way in the world world will he become the best player he possibly could be.
Kids that are given things on a platter, dont really have to work hard etc in juniors usually find out the hard way it gets you nowhere.
if anyone thinks cruising in a poor junior program is good for a talented player they are kidding themselves.

The best thing for the long term future of the comp is to make sure there is a strong junior program, that will, in the future, create a strong senior comp and teams wouldn't have to recruit half a side to be competitive. Clearly numbers are the current problem, so the question is, what is the league doing to make junior footy more enticing to young kids, they cant leave this purely up to the clubs!

And it shows clearly in association games,these players get well taken apart in these games by better comp players who have to work hard for what they want,
magpieeagle
Reserves

Postby magpieeagle » Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:54 am

stork wrote:

firstly, *worse,

Secondly, yes I do some what. I am taking the side of Magpieeagle (for want of a better term). The APFL has built a "bigfish syndrome" - in SOME CASES. Not knowing Charlie I am not going to comment on how this will affect his development. As a generalisation what I have noticed is that Junior/younger players get told how they good they are to a point that builds false confidence even if they do "dominate" underage football (a pool of around 130 registered under 17s in 2013). Once it is time to enter the senior system (A grade and Reserve's football - a pool of about 350 players) the opportunities are less, the numbers are greater and due to low numbers in u/17s they do not have the knowledge, and at times the character to work for/earn what they want and often deserve. I will reiterate, I am not attacking past, present or future players or coaches but this is my observation and opinion.

In short players like Charlie Arbon & James Speissegger (BFC), Tyler Darwin & Dylan Collings (HBFC), Joshua Appleby (HWFC), Nik Seccafien and Doc heron (TWFC), Ryan Konzag & the Coe brothers (MFC) would benefit from playing in a stronger underage comp.

Coe brothers!! sorry lol,only one coe maybe thinking oleary twins
magpieeagle
Reserves

Postby Lame Choice » Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:27 am

All fair points and reasonable discussion. The lack of numbers in the APFL U17 is a problem (has been for some time) and reflects on our association results. I concede that for some kids, a stronger competition would aid faster development. However I don't think we should then dimiss what we have coming through. I merely raised the point that there are some emerging talents that I think are worth looking at rather than the constant speculation of ring-ins on this forum. By all means keep crapping on about who earns the most and who used to be a star is some other league.
Also, if you think the U17 comp is a basket case that we will only get hand fed pretty boys from, then fair enough. I'll beg to differ on that one though.
Lame Choice
Under 16s

Postby magpieeagle » Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:34 am

stork wrote:

firstly, *worse,

Shit someone loves me ya
magpieeagle
Reserves

Postby hairy cat » Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:02 pm

under 17half and under 14 ahla barossa league and the clubs with superior numbers or talent maybe reveiwed by junior pannel to try keep lads playing footy as is i beleive balak and two wells have already been penalised due to recent success and superior junior development programs
hairy cat
Under 16s

Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 28 times
Grassroots Team: Kapunda

Postby magpieeagle » Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:12 pm

hairy cat wrote:under 17half and under 14 ahla barossa league and the clubs with superior numbers or talent maybe reveiwed by junior pannel to try keep lads playing footy as is i beleive balak and two wells have already been penalised due to recent success and superior junior development programs

How??
magpieeagle
Reserves

Postby hairy cat » Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:30 pm

i thinking theyve been denoted a point or two by the board due to recent domination of senior colts
hairy cat
Under 16s

Postby magpieeagle » Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:07 pm

hairy cat wrote:i thinking theyve been denoted a point or two by the board due to recent domination of senior colts

Wouldn't think so, know Mallala applied for other point,not sure how that went but havn,t heard anyone losing points!!!!
magpieeagle
Reserves

Postby hairy cat » Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:13 pm

hey maggie its happened and it happened when the APPS came in a board member would be delighted to confirm that
hairy cat
Under 16s

Postby magpieeagle » Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:09 pm

hairy cat wrote:hey maggie its happened and it happened when the APPS came in a board member would be delighted to confirm that

Onsong,your the guru on these matters?
magpieeagle
Reserves

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy