HFL Division 2 (Country)

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: HFL Country Division

Postby Tiger83 » Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:35 am

Can anyone enlighten me as to the condition of Lobethal Oval?? I think we are playing a trial there in March.
Tiger83
Under 18s

Has liked: 48 times
Been liked: 20 times

Postby saintal » Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:59 am

Tiger83 wrote:Can anyone enlighten me as to the condition of Lobethal Oval?? I think we are playing a trial there in March.

Watched a bit of cricket there about a f/night ago, and it was looking in great nick.

Very flat, large oval.
SAFC- 60 years...
StKFC- 58 years..
saintal
Coach

Has liked: 348 times
Been liked: 431 times

Postby cracka » Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:35 pm

Tiger83 wrote:Can anyone enlighten me as to the condition of Lobethal Oval?? I think we are playing a trial there in March.

One of the better ovals in the hills with great facilities. Hope you've got a good clash Guernsey as they are the tigers aswell.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 463 times
Been liked: 569 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby Tiger83 » Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:52 pm

cracka wrote:

One of the better ovals in the hills with great facilities. Hope you've got a good clash Guernsey as they are the tigers aswell.

Yep, we have a yellow clash guernsey so should be a good day. Where did they finish up last year???
Tiger83
Under 18s

Postby cracka » Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:54 am

Tiger83 wrote:
cracka wrote:

Yep, we have a yellow clash guernsey so should be a good day. Where did they finish up last year???

3rd at end of minor round then lost their 2 finals to finish 4th. This is actually the wrong thread though as they are in Central division.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 463 times
Been liked: 569 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby Tiger83 » Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:52 am

Ok cheers, thanks for the info. Looking forward to the road trip, should be a good day.
Tiger83
Under 18s

Postby woofwoof » Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:17 pm

The Riddler wrote:
2old2slow wrote:Have heard same thing knb could make cambrai biggest spending club must have struck oil or something also heard the cu boys may not be up to the level

Brad Woodward & Phil Hall will definitely be up to the level, both quality!

Hall and ben fuller are going to sedan , woodward staying at united he wants to be a one club player, plus he gets car sick
woofwoof

Has liked: 165 times
Been liked: 14 times
Grassroots Team: Central United

Postby Demon Juke » Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:28 pm

woofwoof wrote:
The Riddler wrote:
2old2slow wrote:Have heard same thing knb could make cambrai biggest spending club must have struck oil or something also heard the cu boys may not be up to the level

Brad Woodward & Phil Hall will definitely be up to the level, both quality!

Hall and ben fuller are going to sedan , woodward staying at united he wants to be a one club player, plus he gets car sick

Hall should be asking for double what he has been promised if the info on what the Brahma boys are getting is correct.
Demon Juke
League - Best 21

Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 69 times

Postby Ye Olde Place Kick » Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:02 pm

HFL Website now updated with 2014 Draw for Central & Country:
http://www.foxsportspulse.com/comp_info ... &a=FIXTURE

Also looks like a few clearances already been put in also:
http://www.foxsportspulse.com/assoc_pag ... -0&a=CLEAR

Pasted off the Central thread from The Sorce
looking at the clearances whats the story with a few Birdwood going to Kersbrook? Or are they colts going back home?
Notice Kersbrook have picked up a few more elsewhere as well, how strong will they be? and points wise where do they stand?

On the fixtures the Mt Lofty v Kersbrook game will be interesting.
Also whats the story with the double ## next to the list, does that mean its not finalised yet?
Ye Olde Place Kick
Under 16s

Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 42 times

Postby backdoor » Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:46 am

Can't believe what I've just read in the Courier. Echunga bragging how they dominated Country Division and went undefeated last Season (although they were given extra point, what a joke) and then I ready Mt Lofty have also been given 15 points, the same as the bottom teams of this Division. Surely the other Clubs are not happy about that? How has the HFL justified allowing this to occur is beyond me.
backdoor
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 3 times

Postby Cougar » Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:51 am

Ye Olde Place Kick wrote:HFL Website now updated with 2014 Draw for Central & Country:
http://www.foxsportspulse.com/comp_info ... &a=FIXTURE

Also looks like a few clearances already been put in also:
http://www.foxsportspulse.com/assoc_pag ... -0&a=CLEAR

Pasted off the Central thread from The Sorce
looking at the clearances whats the story with a few Birdwood going to Kersbrook? Or are they colts going back home?
Notice Kersbrook have picked up a few more elsewhere as well, how strong will they be? and points wise where do they stand?

On the fixtures the Mt Lofty v Kersbrook game will be interesting.
Also whats the story with the double ## next to the list, does that mean its not finalised yet?

Yes a lot of Kersbrook colts returning from Birdwood. Kersbook will have a senior colts side coached by Michael 'Chopper' Westley
Cougar
League - Best 21

Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 37 times

Postby Champ » Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:46 am

backdoor wrote:Can't believe what I've just read in the Courier. Echunga bragging how they dominated Country Division and went undefeated last Season (although they were given extra point, what a joke) and then I ready Mt Lofty have also been given 15 points, the same as the bottom teams of this Division. Surely the other Clubs are not happy about that? How has the HFL justified allowing this to occur is beyond me.

They did completely dominate the division! :shock:
Champ
Under 18s

Has liked: 51 times
Been liked: 9 times
Grassroots Team: Gawler Central

Postby backdoor » Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:38 pm

Champ wrote:
backdoor wrote:Can't believe what I've just read in the Courier. Echunga bragging how they dominated Country Division and went undefeated last Season (although they were given extra point, what a joke) and then I ready Mt Lofty have also been given 15 points, the same as the bottom teams of this Division. Surely the other Clubs are not happy about that? How has the HFL justified allowing this to occur is beyond me.

That's my point "Champ". Your Club cried wolf and received extra points from the HFL to then go through the Season winning with ease, your B's even played in the finals so you must not have been that bad for numbers... definitely no worse off than many of the Country Division Clubs, and they don't even get the level of support that you got and you've been in the top two of the Division for many seasons.

And now the HFL look like making the same mistake with Mt Lofty, it's just not right! Clubs like Meadows, Nairne, etc are working hard to bridge the gap and are then handed another unfair disadvantage and for what reason.
backdoor
Mini-League

Postby 2old2slow » Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:28 pm

Just noticed on amateur site ex mt lofty player travis white cleared to play with kersbrook.handy player.also tim white may of played for birdwood back in div 1
2old2slow
Rookie

Been liked: 6 times

Postby Champ » Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:49 am

backdoor wrote:
Champ wrote:

That's my point "Champ". Your Club cried wolf and received extra points from the HFL to then go through the Season winning with ease, your B's even played in the finals so you must not have been that bad for numbers... definitely no worse off than many of the Country Division Clubs, and they don't even get the level of support that you got and you've been in the top two of the Division for many seasons.

And now the HFL look like making the same mistake with Mt Lofty, it's just not right! Clubs like Meadows, Nairne, etc are working hard to bridge the gap and are then handed another unfair disadvantage and for what reason.

Out of interest, how many points do you believe Echunga were supposed to have had last season and how many did they get on top of this?
Champ
Under 18s

Postby backdoor » Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:21 pm

Champ wrote:
backdoor wrote:
Champ wrote:

Out of interest, how many points do you believe Echunga were supposed to have had last season and how many did they get on top of this?

Any additional points are not warranted in my opinion. As you've indicated you have absolutely dominated the competition so they are simply not justified no matter how you put it.
backdoor
Mini-League

Postby Bluedemon » Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:18 am

is blackwood C's still joining the saafl or are they staying in the hills league?
SAFooty.net, where you hear the community football news first
Bluedemon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 83 times
Been liked: 97 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby Champ » Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:27 pm

Any additional points are not warranted in my opinion. As you've indicated you have absolutely dominated the competition so they are simply not justified no matter how you put it.[/quote]Well then your opinion is null and void because you simply do not have any facts. When you get them, complain/opinionate away but have something plausable to back it up.
I'd be more concerned about the current state of play than the past.
Last edited by Champ on Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Champ
Under 18s

Postby From The Outer » Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:45 pm

Spoke to a lad from Sedan today and he told me they will be lucky to get within 30 goals of the team coming down from the top division yet they both have been allocated the same points. If that is true your decision makers should become clowns in the circus.
From The Outer
Under 16s

Been liked: 6 times
Grassroots Team: Imperials

Postby RAMS » Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:52 pm

From The Outer wrote:Spoke to a lad from Sedan today and he told me they will be lucky to get within 30 goals of the team coming down from the top division yet they both have been allocated the same points. If that is true your decision makers should become clowns in the circus.

It's true and very unclear on how the HFL have justified it. My understanding is a few clubs want answers and another special meeting will be called.
RAMS

Has liked: 1 time

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy