SAAFL Division 4 2014

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Who will win the division 4 grand final?

Glenunga
7%
Eastern Park
18%
Golden Grove
25%
Hectorville
4%
Hope Valley
9%
Kenilworth
8%
Pooraka
5%
Pulteney
1%
Salisbury West
16%
Woodville South
9%

Total votes : 105

Re: SAAFL Division 4 2014

Postby woodublieve12 » Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:35 pm

The Rooster wrote:
The Rooster wrote:Heard a rumour that Brahma Lodge have requested they remain in Division 4 and not get promoted as they feel last years side has been decimated and they would not be competitive...
With some Brahma lodge representation on the board this might get looked at favorably if true, which will possibly see Mitcham or Eastern Park get a 2nd chance in Divvy 3?

Can anyone confirm this??

Yeah so despite being told I was incorrect, this looks like it is going ahead as soon as the logistics' are worked out.

Looks as though Mitcham to stay up in Div 3, Brahma lodge may be in Div 4 or even Div 5 depending on how they see their numbers on the track.

Could this mean that CBC get a reprieve, or maybe Greenies?

Lodge cant drop to D5 surely?

Greenies imho should go down to D5 and CBC could certainly stay up
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3025 times
Been liked: 2401 times

Postby BenchedEagle » Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:09 am

Be interesting if Brahma go on to win Div 4 premiership this year after asking not to be promoted!
BenchedEagle
League - Top 5

Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 50 times

Postby FOURTH ESTATE » Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:17 am

Pretty sure that won't happen if the player loss is as bad as we are hearing
2017, 2019 & 2020 PREMIERS
RICHMOND, RICHMOND, RICHMOND.

Let that be a lesson to you Sturt. You don't beat Glenelg 3 times in a row in Grand Finals and get away with it.
FOURTH ESTATE
Veteran

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 128 times
Grassroots Team: Broadview

Postby woodublieve12 » Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:37 am

But according to them $$$ won't be an issue, so buying one in the next 2 years is possible
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby Champ » Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:57 pm

Regarding Brahma Lodge could someone post a list of outs?
Is it a case of players winning a flag and then putting their prices up and jumping ship?
Champ
Under 18s

Has liked: 51 times
Been liked: 9 times
Grassroots Team: Gawler Central

Postby Footy Chick » Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:59 pm

Champ wrote:Regarding Brahma Lodge could someone post a list of outs?
Is it a case of players winning a flag and then putting their prices up and jumping ship?

Go back a page or 2, full list there..
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby Footy Chick » Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:29 am

it appears that the Lodge aren't the only ones being bent over by country clubs. Looks like the Pooraka ruckman has been offered some big $$ to head out to Long Plains?

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Postby woodublieve12 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:42 am

has there been an official decision regarding lodge yet???
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby Footy Chick » Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:27 pm

If I had half a brain I'd be dangerous at times.

Mitcham have formally agreed to remain in Division 3 and the Lodge have rightfully used their option not to be promoted and therefore will stay in division 4

Footy Chick

Postby Footy Follower » Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:46 pm

Footy Chick wrote:If I had half a brain I'd be dangerous at times.

Mitcham have formally agreed to remain in Division 3 and the Lodge have rightfully used their option not to be promoted and therefore will stay in division 4

This is BS! If Brahma Lodge buy premierships than serves them right when the paid players jump ship. Paying big dollars for recruits only to have them leave a year or two later for more money elsewhere is not how you build a strong club culture. They should have to serve their time in div 3 and deal with it. If they get smashed every week then the people running the club only have themselves to blame!
Disappointed to hear the Amatuer league have allowed this.
Footy Follower
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 13 times

Postby Footy Chick » Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:52 pm

FFS, you don't have to like it but it's in the rules so they can do it.

If you don't like the rule, have a chat to your delegate so you can rally for a change to the constitution/rules and regs (wherever it is).

Then the clubs with C and D grades will egg your clubrooms.

Footy Chick

Postby woodublieve12 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:05 pm

Not having a go...

But just out of interest... Would there be any conflict of interest with SAAFL Board letting this happen???? Cause i'm assuming the whole board would have to sign off on this...
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby heater31 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:15 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:Not having a go...

But just out of interest... Would there be any conflict of interest with SAAFL Board letting this happen???? Cause i'm assuming the whole board would have to sign off on this...

One would suspect the ethical thing to do was to declare an interest and excuse themselves from discussions.

Chances are from what we are hearing they are going to get smashed every week in D4. Might as well write 2014 off and look to rebuild next season.
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Postby Footy Chick » Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:30 pm

heater31 wrote:

One would suspect the ethical thing to do was to declare an interest and excuse themselves from discussions.

which I can confirm was done and if anyone questioned it, they would probably find it in any exec meeting minutes (although I'm not sure if they're released)

Footy Chick

Postby The Rooster » Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:32 pm

heater31 wrote:

Chances are from what we are hearing they are going to get smashed every week in D4. Might as well write 2014 off and look to rebuild next season.

Correct, Witnessing them last year and some others on here can back me up, but they were a Good side on their day, but not great, if they lost 5 players from last year that is gonna see them struggle in Div 4, but to lose 19 you will find that even in Division 5 they would struggle. Being demoted back to Div 4 is still going to be a handful for them by the sounds of it.
On the plus side I am a little disappointed in losing Mitcham to Div 3 as our battles have always being quality whichever the outcome so I guess we'll see what happens next year.
Sorry people I only deal in facts!
The Rooster
Under 18s

Been liked: 10 times
Grassroots Team: St Paul's College OS

Postby The Rooster » Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:36 pm

Footy Chick wrote:it appears that the Lodge aren't the only ones being bent over by country clubs. Looks like the Pooraka ruckman has been offered some big $$ to head out to Long Plains?

Yep, this is correct Long Plains always seem to have a reasonable purse, Good luck to both of them..
Sorry people I only deal in facts!
The Rooster
Under 18s

Been liked: 10 times
Grassroots Team: St Paul's College OS

Postby Footy Chick » Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:38 pm

The Rooster wrote:
heater31 wrote:

Correct, Witnessing them last year and some others on here can back me up, but they were a Good side on their day, but not great, if they lost 5 players from last year that is gonna see them struggle in Div 4, but to lose 19 you will find that even in Division 5 they would struggle. Being demoted back to Div 4 is still going to be a handful for them by the sounds of it.
On the plus side I am a little disappointed in losing Mitcham to Div 3 as our battles have always being quality whichever the outcome so I guess we'll see what happens next year.

Yep, and EP comes down - Hope your clash jumpers are up to scratch ;)

Footy Chick

Postby BurraBoys » Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:15 pm

If BL have resigned themselves to being useless in 2014., Why not sit in d3, cop there hiding and be d4 in 2015. Now they potentially run the risk of ending up in d5 comes seasons end. Long way back
Wise man say forgivness is divine but never pay full price for late pizza
BurraBoys
Reserves

Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 23 times
Grassroots Team: Golden Grove

Postby Q. » Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:57 pm

BurraBoys wrote:If BL have resigned themselves to being useless in 2014., Why not sit in d3, cop there hiding and be d4 in 2015. Now they potentially run the risk of ending up in d5 comes seasons end. Long way back

Because the ball might have some chance of entering their forward line in D4.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Robb_Stark » Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:50 am

BurraBoys wrote:If BL have resigned themselves to being useless in 2014., Why not sit in d3, cop there hiding and be d4 in 2015. Now they potentially run the risk of ending up in d5 comes seasons end. Long way back

all the hard work and money they invested in getting the club to a decent div gonna be wasted....personally i would have not paid players this year sat bottom in div 3 regrouped for div 4 next year

maybe all the money you pumped into buying flags and players the last few years you could use on under 14s 16s and 18s

compare the 2 clubs Hope Valley and Brahma Lodge one went the way of cash the other on working the junior programme
Robb_Stark
League - Best 21

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 155 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League