Crows 2014

Talk on the national game

Re: Crows 2014

Postby the milky bar kid » Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:23 pm

bennymacca wrote:
the milky bar kid wrote:
Stumps wrote:Port are only a suburb. Crows are the team for all south Australians. No big deal I would have thought

Lel, geography lesson.

Adelaide = suburb, South Australia = state

team for all South Australians = marketing slogan, with no real truth

lol, obv you didnt do geography either.

Is there not a suburb called Adelaide??? Give you a hint, it's a square mile in the middle of parklands. It's also considered a city council if that helps?
the milky bar kid
League - Best 21

Has liked: 119 times
Been liked: 238 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby the milky bar kid » Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:26 pm

Stumps wrote:If the 'Adelaide' in Adelaide crows is truly because we come from the city can you please not use our oval this year. Ta

I know our crowds dont matter but If everyone hated the crows so much why do we get so many more to our games? You won't answer these questions so il end on saying the crows got in first, they are the most popular team in the state and they can do whatever they like.
Why is it any of ports business?!!

It's not, it's the business of South Australian football supporters.
the milky bar kid
League - Best 21

Postby bennymacca » Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:28 pm

thats the CBD of the greater adelaide city. of course the crows represent the whole city, not just the CBD or council area

go have a lie down bro, heat is getting to you.
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby the milky bar kid » Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:28 pm

D14 wrote:In 2005 the crows wore the 1930s State Jumper during heritage round, so it has happened before. I can't see what the problem is. The power have just copied the state jumper anyway and changed it to Black, White and Teal, I don't see anyone complaining about that.

I reckon in 05 when they wore that, there was an uproar as well & hence they slapped a big fake heritage looking AFC badge on the front of it so that people were less outraged.

Surely some things are sacred in footy & aren't for PR & money making.
the milky bar kid
League - Best 21

Postby Apachebulldog » Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:29 pm

Disgrace !!!!!
SANFL 2000 - 2011 Central District 12 consecutive Grand Final appearances and 9 Premierships.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFFFFFFFFFF.

Hit em hard let them get up and hit em again.
Apachebulldog
League - Best 21

Has liked: 381 times
Been liked: 115 times

Postby Apachebulldog » Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:29 pm

Disgrace !!!!!
SANFL 2000 - 2011 Central District 12 consecutive Grand Final appearances and 9 Premierships.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFFFFFFFFFF.

Hit em hard let them get up and hit em again.
Apachebulldog
League - Best 21

Has liked: 381 times
Been liked: 115 times

Postby scoob » Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:30 pm

Stumps wrote:If the 'Adelaide' in Adelaide crows is truly because we come from the city can you please not use our oval this year. Ta

I know our crowds dont matter but If everyone hated the crows so much why do we get so many more to our games? You won't answer these questions so il end on saying the crows got in first, they are the most popular team in the state and they can do whatever they like.

So Collingwood can wear the Big V as they are the most popular club in Victoria? What a stupid comment. Seriously you have got to be doing some serious trolling there.

Its not about popularity is about relevence - The State Jumpe has nothing to do with the crows. Its got nothing to do with Port either - its more to do with that the fact that State jumper represents all SA not a particular club - no matter how popular they are.

It actually reeks of a club clawing for a history or heritage they do not yet have.
scoob
Veteran

Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 87 times

Postby stan » Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:31 pm

Yeah well thats how you guys have gone about it ao far. Also port wearing the prison bars is just a bit different to the crows and the state jumper.

So I guess the crows are saying they have he best 22 SA players out there. Hopefully you win that showdown then.

Sent from my GT-I9197 using Tapatalk
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Squids » Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:31 pm

Crows r scum

rabble rabble rabble
Squids
Coach

Has liked: 28 times
Been liked: 205 times
Grassroots Team: Ports

Postby Fricky » Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:44 pm

stan wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:
cennals05 wrote:Crows wearing the state guernsey for their first game at Adelaide Oval. Even more reason to dislike them.

surely you are taking the p*ss???

Nope they are serious. They really want to piss off Port it seems but seem to forget the big backhand slap they are giving to the SANFL.

The SANFL approved this and Whicker has come out supporting the decision by the Crows to wear it. Shows that the SANFL are really against Port.
I think its a ridiculous idea, leave the state guernsey alone. its there for those who earned the right to wear it. Even worse they are letting members pay to get their names on it. Really poor decision by the club and I don't think they are going to change their minds about this because there are idiot supporters who will buy this guernsey who, like those running the Crows, have no idea about footy history and heritage.
Fricky
League - Best 21

Has liked: 94 times
Been liked: 120 times
Grassroots Team: Walkerville

Postby Stumps » Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:45 pm

scoob wrote:

So Collingwood can wear the Big V as they are the most popular club in Victoria? What a stupid comment. Seriously you have got to be doing some serious trolling there.

Its not about popularity is about relevence - The State Jumpe has nothing to do with the crows. Its got nothing to do with Port either - its more to do with that the fact that State jumper represents all SA not a particular club - no matter how popular they are.

It actually reeks of a club clawing for a history or heritage they do not yet have.

Overreacting. The crows started out by taking mainly sanfl players from all clubs to represent Adelaide and the state. The fact the whole set up has changed in terms of drafting etc and port coming into the comp are irrelevant the crows began as the team south australia support and this is why the jumper is being worn. Port have a superb history and one that the crows may be jealous of in fact. As iv said your prison bars are your heritage. Ours is being the original south australian team- I seriously can't believe this
Stumps....
Stumps
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 45 times

Postby scoob » Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:48 pm

Stumps wrote:
scoob wrote:

Overreacting. The crows started out by taking mainly sanfl players from all clubs to represent Adelaide and the state. The fact the whole set up has changed in terms of drafting etc and port coming into the comp are irrelevant the crows began as the team south australia support and this is why the jumper is being worn. Port have a superb history and one that the crows may be jealous of in fact. As iv said your prison bars are your heritage. Ours is being the original south australian team- I seriously can't believe this

Disregarding all the Loyal supporters that have continued to support their team prior to the Crows coming into the AFL.

If you actually think the the Crows represent the State in the same way the SA state team does then you my friend are delusional.
scoob
Veteran

Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 87 times

Postby Jim05 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:52 pm

scoob wrote:
Stumps wrote:
scoob wrote:

Disregarding all the Loyal supporters that have continued to support their team prior to the Crows coming into the AFL.

If you actually think the the Crows represent the State in the same way the SA state team does then you my friend are delusional.

Exactly, reckon they would be in for a shock if a survey was done on who supports what club in this state.
There would probably be 30-40,000 members of insterstate clubs that live in SA let alone supporters of interstate clubs.
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3552 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby carey » Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:01 pm

I can't believe the SANFL has allowed this to happen. To me it's a huge slap in the face to the blokes who earnt the right to pull on the state jumper with pride and fight tooth and nail against the Vics.

As a port supporter it doesn't really bother me as such but as I said I think it's disrespectful to the state of origin players even Chris McDermott thinks it's a disgrace.
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2809 times
Been liked: 2997 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby whufc » Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:32 pm

I'm sure Kernahan and Craig Bradley will love seen a team they have no affiliation with running around in a guernsey they spilt sweat and blood for against the arch enemy

It's a disgrace a bloke like Jared Petrenko will wear the state guernsey while blokes like Bryce Gibbs, Ryan griffin will probably never wear it
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5589 times
Been liked: 2531 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Stumps » Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:13 pm

carey wrote:I can't believe the SANFL has allowed this to happen. To me it's a huge slap in the face to the blokes who earnt the right to pull on the state jumper with pride and fight tooth and nail against the Vics.

As a port supporter it doesn't really bother me as such but as I said I think it's disrespectful to the state of origin players even Chris McDermott thinks it's a disgrace.

McDermott hates everything about the crows
Stumps....
Stumps
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 45 times

Postby valleys07 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:17 pm

But he loves SA, and in particular, THAT jumper- which is the main issue here.

This jumper represents South Australia. Something the crows believe they represent in its entirety, but are sorely delusional.
“Think of me like Yoda, but instead of being little and green I wear suits and I'm awesome. I'm your bro—I'm Broda!”

HOGG Shield 2015 Division I Premiers.
HOGG Shield 2017 Premier League Premiers.
valleys07
Coach

Has liked: 767 times
Been liked: 1169 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby kickinit » Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:20 pm

Port have made a statement about the jumper. I think this quote sums up if they should or shouldn't wear it.

The Crows have stated they are wearing the guernsey “to celebrate South Australian football”. Port Adelaide finds this reasoning peculiar given that wearing it in a Showdown will actually divide the state. This guernsey is a symbol of South Australian football unification, not division.

http://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/news/2 ... e-guernsey
We're on this journey together, One Heart, One Club and they will Never Ever Tear Us Apart.
kickinit
League - Top 5

Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 95 times

Postby kickinit » Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:27 pm

this also shows why the crows shouldn't be wearing a SA guernsey
Attachments
Screen Shot 2014-02-05 at 7.26.18 pm.png
Screen Shot 2014-02-05 at 7.26.18 pm.png (33.39 KiB) Viewed 4019 times
We're on this journey together, One Heart, One Club and they will Never Ever Tear Us Apart.
kickinit
League - Top 5

Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 95 times

Postby valleys07 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:35 pm

kickinit wrote:this also shows why the crows shouldn't be wearing a SA guernsey

Poor old Tex should stick to the rehab..
“Think of me like Yoda, but instead of being little and green I wear suits and I'm awesome. I'm your bro—I'm Broda!”

HOGG Shield 2015 Division I Premiers.
HOGG Shield 2017 Premier League Premiers.
valleys07
Coach

Has liked: 767 times
Been liked: 1169 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL