Crows Disgrace

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: Crows Disgrace

Postby D14 » Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:32 am

Ecky wrote:
whufc wrote:Agree the educated average punter has never been distanced further from the game than the afl presently

I'll just correct that for you whufc ;)
There are unfortunately plenty of idiots out there who can't see through all the propaganda and lap all the garbage up that they dish out (and will go and buy these replica guernseys, justifying their decision), which is why they ultimately don't give a stuff what we think.

How many members are there in the SANFL again compared to the AFL? But I forgot you only know something about football if you are a regular on this forum and support the SANFL. :roll: HAHA. Don't get me wrong, it's great that you passionately love the SANFL but you are a long way off being the average football follower. There are more people participating in the SAAFL than the SANFL this must mean that the SAAFL follower is more educated???
D14
Under 16s

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby HH3 » Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:34 am

I think they're referring to general smartness...but I could be wrong....Im not too bright
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2433 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby D14 » Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:39 am

HH3 wrote:I think they're referring to general smartness...but I could be wrong....Im not too bright

The small minority must be smarter than the rest of us because???
D14
Under 16s

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 3 times

Postby areaman » Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:49 am

whufc wrote:Mainly aimed at the Crows fans

But would it be fair to see the majority of south australian football fans don't support the crows, when you take into account power supporters, interstate afl clubs supporters, SANFL ammo country fans who don't follow or support a side in the afl

Hmm, I don't think this is quite right. I'd guess it's somewhere between 50% - 60% follow the Crows.
areaman
Under 16s

Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 31 times

Postby Scrapboy » Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:55 am

areaman wrote:

But would it be fair to see the majority of south australian football fans don't support the crows, when you take into account power supporters, interstate afl clubs supporters, SANFL ammo country fans who don't follow or support a side in the afl

Hmm, I don't think this is quite right. I'd guess it's somewhere between 50% - 60% follow the Crows.

They're doing a good job of losing any of their more educated supporters (and there isn't heaps) - including me. No club has a right to wear the state representative geurnsey.
Scrapboy

Has liked: 202 times
Been liked: 25 times

Postby Wedgie » Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:56 am

areaman wrote:

Depends who you hang out with. I hang out with intelligent football supporters who aren't easily influenced by media and other sheep. Not many if any people I know would listen to 5AA or MMM for example. Despite knowing a hell of a lot of people I'd say of those that follow AFL teams easily less than 10% would be Crows supporters.
Probably depends what SANFL club you follow too as some clubs have always attracted the bandwagon sort of supporters and these would find appeal in the Crows.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2042 times
Been liked: 3886 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby whufc » Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:56 am

D14 wrote:
HH3 wrote:I think they're referring to general smartness...but I could be wrong....Im not too bright

The small minority must be smarter than the rest of us because???

No the minority are people who go to their afl teams home games week in week out.

For every one that is at the ground there are many who are choosing not to bother.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5586 times
Been liked: 2527 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby areaman » Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:58 am

Scrapboy wrote:
areaman wrote:

They're doing a good job of losing any of their more educated supporters (and there isn't heaps) - including me. No club has a right to wear the state representative geurnsey.

No argument there.

I think a few years ago they had a lot of people who weren't rusted on fans but had a soft spot for the Crows.

They are shedding those sorts of people very fast.
areaman
Under 16s

Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 31 times

Postby whufc » Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:58 am

Wedgie wrote:
areaman wrote:

Depends who you hang out with. I hang out with intelligent football supporters who aren't easily influenced by media and other sheep. Not many if any peiple I know would listen to 5AA or MMM for example. Despite knowing a hell of a lot of people I'd say of those that follow AFL teams easily less than 10% would be Crows supporters.
Probably depends what SANFL club you follow too as some clubs have always attracted the bandwagon sort of supporters and these would find appeal in the Crows.

Yep I'm in the same boat I reckon no more than 15% of my mates go for the crows and even then only a couple of them have crows memberships

And in all seriousness they are the only two mates I have who still buy an advertiser and listen to the 5aa sports shows no word of a lie.
whufc
Coach

Postby tigerhutch » Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:11 pm

well done crows brilliant marketing ..... very proud to be a south aussie
Vote for King Thistle and the Wise Old Elf ... you know it makes sense
tigerhutch
Rookie

Has liked: 42 times
Been liked: 5 times
Grassroots Team: Boston

Postby Panther Pack » Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:14 pm

tigerhutch wrote:well done crows brilliant marketing ..... very proud to be a south aussie

Tigerhutch who will you support when Crows Reserves play Glenelg?
Panther Pack
Reserves

Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 139 times

Postby Mr Beefy » Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:18 pm

Panther Pack wrote:
tigerhutch wrote:well done crows brilliant marketing ..... very proud to be a south aussie

Tigerhutch who will you support when Crows Reserves play Glenelg?

which one will be wearing state jumper? it seems anyone can wear it nowadays
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 406 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby whufc » Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:19 pm

This plot of land we call South Australia must have done something really bad in a past life

We have be dealt the hand of life that includes

Adelaide Crows
Port Power
Redbacks
Adelaide United
Adelaide Rams
whufc
Coach

Postby HH3 » Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:26 pm

whufc wrote:This plot of land we call South Australia must have done something really bad in a past life

Adelaide Crows
Port Power
Redbacks
Adelaide United
Adelaide Rams

Adelaide Lutheran
I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:30 pm

whufc wrote:This plot of land we call South Australia must have done something really bad in a past life

Adelaide Crows
Port Power
Redbacks
Adelaide United
Adelaide Rams

The 36ers have had their moments and Adelaide City did a great job! :)
But yeah, everything else has been a joke.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2042 times
Been liked: 3886 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Q. » Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:36 pm

It's probably been mentioned already (this whole thread is TLDR), but I find it wrong that blokes from other states will be wearing the SA guernsey.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Robb_Stark » Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:38 pm

HH3 wrote:

Adelaide Crows
Port Power
Redbacks
Adelaide United
Adelaide Rams

Adelaide Lutheran

poor old lutheran's :)
Robb_Stark
League - Best 21

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 155 times

Postby Mr Beefy » Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:41 pm

Q. wrote:It's probably been mentioned already (this whole thread is TLDR), but I find it wrong that blokes from other states will be wearing the SA guernsey.

What about women from other states? Personally, I think (some) women in footy jumpers can look hot.
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 406 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby Hazydog » Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:55 pm

Clearly they are doing this to antagonise Port. But why they would do this and risk alienating another segment of SA Footy followers is bewildering. Maybe they didn't think they did a good enough job putting most of us offside with their "negotiations" with the reserves issue?

The complete irony though, is that one of the teams that effectively destroyed the concept of State of Origin football, now wants to rub salt into the wound by having the gall to wear the guernsey! :roll:

My only interest in that club now is to look at the hopefully increasing injury list each week.
Players win touches, Teams win matches, Clubs win Premierships.
Hazydog
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 117 times
Been liked: 191 times

Postby HH3 » Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:38 pm

Do you know whats funny. How John Olsens on his way back to Adelaide to find out why Adelaide were given the go ahead to use the guernsey, and maybe renegotiate the revenue being split between the AFC and the 9 SANFL clubs, instead of the South Australian Crows keeping all the money.

Also, there was a reason the SANFL didnt sell the State guernsey in shops. It was to keep the jumper sacred, and so only deserving players were able to own one. Now thats ****** isnt it.
I TOLD YOU SO

HH3
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL