SAAFL Division 3 2014

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Who will win the division 3 grand final?

Athelstone
8%
Kilburn
23%
Mitcham
10%
Modbury
12%
Old Ignatians
6%
Pembroke
3%
Plympton
12%
Salisbury
3%
Seaton
11%
Unley Mercedes Jets
12%

Total votes : 113

Re: SAAFL Division 3 2014

Postby wristwatcher » Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:49 am

Wow wee. I find it strange that clubs can elect to nominate that they not play in the division they have qualified for. :shock:

Not having a go at any club or boards but I know there have been at least 3 years of my long and undistinguished career that I was forced to take a weekly hiding with almost no hope of victory.

Not looking to start an argument I am just shocked that this can occur.
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 844 times

Postby Footy Chick » Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:56 am

Yeah but you were playing in the lowest possible division, tell me, where else where you going to go, besides C7?
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby wristwatcher » Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:04 pm

Footy Chick wrote:Yeah but you were playing in the lowest possible division, tell me, where else where you going to go, besides C7?

Incorrect... I was not referring to C grade.

If I was I still wouldn't have got a kick in C7 :)
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Postby woodublieve12 » Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:05 pm

Robran wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:
Groover wrote:
laser wrote:Is this official yet?
Only three left from last year sounds dire. If it happens, the travel factor suits us too. Bloody Mitcham.

Nothing in concrete yet, but its only a matter of time.
Just for those who aren't fully aware, below is a list of our GF team, those highlighted in RED have not returned this year.

2.B. Aldridge - [color=#4080FF]retired?
44 T. Aloisi - Sedan
28 M. Bates- gepps
18 J. Clark-Rantasa - Gepps?
7 J. Clark-Rantasa -Gepps?
11 S. Cosenza- traveling first half of year
19 S. Craven- sedan
15 B. Gatto [/color] - Eastern Park
14 D. Grgurovic
13 A. Harvey - Padthaway (or somewhere around there)
29 A. Hennigs
3 D. Hickey- [color=#4080FF]sedan
23 D. Huitema - Eastern Park
8 M. Leigh- sedan
6 S. Mansell- prob Ep
37 B. Marshall- darwin ( work)
51 B. McMullen[/color]-Ep
32 L. Nelson
1 B. Paterson - who cares ;) KIDDING -[color=#4080FF] Whyalla
45 T. Payne - Bute
10 D. Savage- year off
* 17 D. Steele[/color] - Sedan

Help fill in the gaps here...

are they all 100% gone???
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3016 times
Been liked: 2383 times

Postby Groover » Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:06 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:
Robran wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:
Groover wrote:[quote="laser"]Is this official yet?
Only three left from last year sounds dire. If it happens, the travel factor suits us too. Bloody Mitcham.

Nothing in concrete yet, but its only a matter of time.
Just for those who aren't fully aware, below is a list of our GF team, those highlighted in RED have not returned this year.

2.B. Aldridge - [color=#4080FF]retired?
44 T. Aloisi - Sedan
28 M. Bates- gepps
18 J. Clark-Rantasa - Gepps?
7 J. Clark-Rantasa -Gepps?
11 S. Cosenza- traveling first half of year
19 S. Craven- sedan
15 B. Gatto [/color] - Eastern Park
14 D. Grgurovic
13 A. Harvey - Padthaway (or somewhere around there)
29 A. Hennigs
3 D. Hickey- [color=#4080FF]sedan
23 D. Huitema - Eastern Park
8 M. Leigh- sedan
6 S. Mansell- prob Ep
37 B. Marshall- darwin ( work)
51 B. McMullen[/color]-Ep
32 L. Nelson
1 B. Paterson - who cares ;) KIDDING -[color=#4080FF] Whyalla
45 T. Payne - Bute
10 D. Savage- year off
* 17 D. Steele[/color] - Sedan

Help fill in the gaps here...

are they all 100% gone???[/quote]

Yes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hogg Shield Premier League Winner 2012
Groover
League - Top 5

Has liked: 222 times
Been liked: 385 times
Grassroots Team: Brahma Lodge

Postby Browny25 » Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:19 pm

The_Informer wrote:I think this is a bit hard to cop with Brahma Lodge electing to stay down. In my opinion the club had built its successful years based upon recruiting players from other clubs with there money and having a couple of successful seasons.

Did the club recruit guys who would stay around the club in the long haul or just jump ship when more money was offered?

Did the club build a culture where the players want to stay at the club no matter what money was thrown around by others?

Now Brahma Lodge are in the same position of many other clubs in the area who don't have the money to pay the same amount as Brahma had done in the past and are asking to stay down?

Is it a right to have a successful season each year or do you have to take the pain to make the successful seasons feel better.

I think Brahma should be made to stay up and feel the pain that a lot of other clubs have felt in the past.

All i'm going to say to this is I thought we had...

Clearly we havent

Time to re-build and the CULTURE must change
Browny25
Coach

Has liked: 105 times
Been liked: 28 times

Postby Browny25 » Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:24 pm

Pag wrote:Credit to you Groover for coming out and giving your own opinion on the situation when it differs from that of your club.

FWIW, Brahma won't be the only side that's been uncompetitive in Division 3, we had a year in 2006 when we won one game by a kick, and lost by 15+ goals eight times during the year. I also remember beating Rosewater by 34 goals in Round 1 of Division 4 in 2007 and none of their guys ever looked they were going to give it away, and they ended up winning a couple of games towards the back end of the year when it got wet and some other sides had some injuries.

The other line about getting more injuries in a non-competitive game is a complete myth IMO, I'm fairly sure more guys get injured playing games on a Saturday then they do at training with slight contact. An absolute non-issue.

It's an unfortunate situation for BL, but they did pay out money to get a percentage of these guys to their club (and a lot of others obviously had a loyalty to Payney, which is a sign of his quality as a coach), so they shouldn't be all that surprised when they move on for even more money or becazuse they still want to play under Payney.

Sorry BL, as bad as you'll think you'll be, you should suck it up, cop it for 12 months like every other club has at some point, and have a go at Div 4 in 2015 when you've had another off-season to try and re-invigorate your list.

I dont think you'll find any A graders have gone to Elizabeth with Payney!!!!!!

I would like to think he is as dissapointed as we are.
Browny25
Coach

Has liked: 105 times
Been liked: 28 times

Postby bickle » Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:39 pm

saw trent payne out at angle vale footy club training with bute, wednesday.
they had about 15 on the track, with a few experienced solid lads out there.
bickle
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 2 times

Postby Masha » Fri Jan 31, 2014 5:27 pm

Pag wrote:Credit to you Groover for coming out and giving your own opinion on the situation when it differs from that of your club.

FWIW, Brahma won't be the only side that's been uncompetitive in Division 3, we had a year in 2006 when we won one game by a kick, and lost by 15+ goals eight times during the year. I also remember beating Rosewater by 34 goals in Round 1 of Division 4 in 2007 and none of their guys ever looked they were going to give it away, and they ended up winning a couple of games towards the back end of the year when it got wet and some other sides had some injuries.

The other line about getting more injuries in a non-competitive game is a complete myth IMO, I'm fairly sure more guys get injured playing games on a Saturday then they do at training with slight contact. An absolute non-issue.

It's an unfortunate situation for BL, but they did pay out money to get a percentage of these guys to their club (and a lot of others obviously had a loyalty to Payney, which is a sign of his quality as a coach), so they shouldn't be all that surprised when they move on for even more money or becazuse they still want to play under Payney.

Sorry BL, as bad as you'll think you'll be, you should suck it up, cop it for 12 months like every other club has at some point, and have a go at Div 4 in 2015 when you've had another off-season to try and re-invigorate your list.

I don't think many, if any, that left from the a grade are playing at Elizabeth under Payney? I know Tim aloisi signed there but heard he is now out with the other guys at sedan.
Masha
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 12 times

Postby wristwatcher » Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:51 pm

If he signed there why has he left in January?
wristwatcher
Coach

Postby bickle » Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:02 pm

wristwatcher wrote:If he signed there why has he left in January?

coin I suppose
bickle
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 2 times

Postby Robran » Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:25 pm

bickle wrote:
wristwatcher wrote:If he signed there why has he left in January?

coin I suppose

Wanted to stay with a few of the boys that r heading to sedan, but there prob about another $5 or $6 hundred reasons... :D
GO THE COCKS
The mighty cocks 2018 premiers
Robran
League - Best 21

Has liked: 209 times
Been liked: 189 times

Postby Pag » Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:39 pm

Masha wrote:

I don't think many, if any, that left from the a grade are playing at Elizabeth under Payney? I know Tim aloisi signed there but heard he is now out with the other guys at sedan.
Fair enough lads, I've been overseas and last I heard Timmy and a couple of others were out there, obviously with Sedan's coin, that has changed. Play on.
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 498 times

Postby Bluedemon » Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:37 pm

I see that Brahma Lodge are advertising for an A grade coach, what has happened to the one that they had signed for this year?
SAFooty.net, where you hear the community football news first
Bluedemon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 83 times
Been liked: 96 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby lovetotalkfooty » Sun Feb 02, 2014 4:38 am

Blue demon if you read the last few pages you would know. However to summaries it, 19 of the grand final side decided to leave. The club will be in a lower division with a lot of b grade players playing in the a grade.

A opportunity exists for someone who wishes to be a coach to coach at a good club. You will be on a hiding to nothing most weeks but you will get some valuable experience.
Check out the Brahma Lodge Football Club website at www.blfc.com.au
lovetotalkfooty
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 37 times

Postby lovetotalkfooty » Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:38 pm

See brahma has appointed a coach. Great appointment in the big show. Hopefully onwards and upwards for 2014
Check out the Brahma Lodge Football Club website at www.blfc.com.au
lovetotalkfooty
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 37 times

Postby Champ » Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:39 pm

lovetotalkfooty wrote:See brahma has appointed a coach. Great appointment in the big show. Hopefully onwards and upwards for 2014

Name?
Champ
Under 18s

Has liked: 51 times
Been liked: 9 times
Grassroots Team: Gawler Central

Postby Footy Chick » Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:43 pm

Ben Schomann - former North Pines coach.

But if you looked in the relevant div 4 thread you wouldve seen that ;)

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Postby HawkieRanger » Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:06 pm

When can we select Mitcham in the Div 3 pole? ;)
HawkieRanger
Rookie

Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Mitcham

Postby Footy Chick » Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:32 pm

oops, now :)

Footy Chick

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League