SAAFL Division 4 2014

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Who will win the division 4 grand final?

Glenunga
7%
Eastern Park
18%
Golden Grove
25%
Hectorville
4%
Hope Valley
9%
Kenilworth
8%
Pooraka
5%
Pulteney
1%
Salisbury West
16%
Woodville South
9%

Total votes : 105

Re: SAAFL Division 4 2014

Postby Groover » Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:06 pm

Q. wrote:Congrats Groover. Nothing tests a captain more than motivating a team with it's backs constantly against the wall. Good luck.

Cheers Q!
Will be trying my darnedest to keep things positive throughout the year, wether or not results reflect well on us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hogg Shield Premier League Winner 2012
Groover
League - Top 5

Has liked: 222 times
Been liked: 385 times
Grassroots Team: Brahma Lodge

Postby BZB27 » Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:39 am

Congrats on the captaincy Groove im sure you will do the best job you can, you can always teach them to steal the ball off an opponent as soon as they get it like you used to do to me when we played NBA live 98.

Hopefully it wont be too painfull of a year.
BZB27
League - Best 21

Has liked: 216 times
Been liked: 173 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby Bluedemon » Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:44 am

zedman wrote:
Bluedemon wrote:it is going to be the first prize in the raffle

whittle gone, mcormick retired, mango and buddha playing B grade i have heard BD?

first 2 are correct, i havent heard about the other 2 yet. i havent been up there for awhile as been busy at Westies.
SAFooty.net, where you hear the community football news first
Bluedemon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 83 times
Been liked: 96 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby Groover » Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:25 am

BZB27 wrote:Congrats on the captaincy Groove im sure you will do the best job you can, you can always teach them to steal the ball off an opponent as soon as they get it like you used to do to me when we played NBA live 98.

Hopefully it wont be too painfull of a year.

Haha will try my best mate!
Groover
League - Top 5

Postby Browny25 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:22 am

Robb_Stark wrote:
Groover wrote:
Brayman19 wrote:Ive also heard that Jarred Gatt will also make the move to BL with his best mate Bell and one of them could be the captain. Interesting times ahead ;)

Pretty sure the A grade captaincy has been taken... Unless they want to captain the reserves side

cossi stepped down didnt he ?? as he going to the world cup ????

I think you'll find Cossi may be one of those on the move...

Yes - He is going to the World Cup aswell.
Browny25
Coach

Has liked: 105 times
Been liked: 28 times

Postby Choccies » Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:13 pm

Just reading back through all of the posts re-Brahma Lodge.
Not sure whether to laugh or have sympathy.
Laugh probably
I love grapes. With grapes, you always get another chance. You know, if you have a crappy apple or a peach, you’re stuck with that crappy piece of fruit. If you have a crappy grape, no problem-just move on to the next. ‘Grapes: The Fruit of Hope.
Choccies
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 4 times
Grassroots Team: Golden Grove

Postby S Demon » Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:29 pm

Is the premiership poll correct? 31% think Eastern Park and 2% think Golden Grove...
S Demon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 312 times
Been liked: 370 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby S Demon » Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:35 pm

Choccies wrote:Just reading back through all of the posts re-Brahma Lodge.
Laugh probably

Probably shouldnt laugh, seeing as though they were the team that stopped you guys from going up and now they're still in the same division as you anyway...
S Demon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 312 times
Been liked: 370 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Choccies » Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:56 pm

S Demon wrote:
Choccies wrote:Just reading back through all of the posts re-Brahma Lodge.
Laugh probably

Probably shouldnt laugh, seeing as though they were the team that stopped you guys from going up and now they're still in the same division as you anyway...

Still going to laugh anyway.
Poor financial investment
I love grapes. With grapes, you always get another chance. You know, if you have a crappy apple or a peach, you’re stuck with that crappy piece of fruit. If you have a crappy grape, no problem-just move on to the next. ‘Grapes: The Fruit of Hope.
Choccies
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 4 times
Grassroots Team: Golden Grove

Postby The Rooster » Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:46 pm

I think you'll find that there will be a distinct lack of sympathy for Brahma Lodge this year from most clubs in Div 4.

Not saying that everyone doesn't understand the circumstances it just that some how I don't think you'll find too many Clubs that don't think they brought this on themselves and deserve a few Saturdays on the rough end.
Sorry people I only deal in facts!
The Rooster
Under 18s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 10 times
Grassroots Team: St Paul's College OS

Postby Browny25 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:51 pm

Everyone on here is entitled to an opinon..... I understand that, and sure, I can see how some of you would think we deserve what has happened, and may take satisfaction out it.

I have been at Brahma 10+ years now and we havent always been successful, yes the past 5 years have been pretty good but seasons before that I was part of teams that saw us get belted week in and out.

I unfortuantly didnt get the spoils of winning a premiership but have stuck around and will see this through. I can see myself that the culture or direction of the club needs to change, and I try and find the positives in it that I have an opportunity to help change this.

The club is bigger than 20+ individuals.. We thought that success would help build culture, we were wrong.

Alot of you forget that Brahma doesnt have the junior program that many of your clubs have, and the majority of the clubs near us all have strong junior programs. The club has no choice but to entice players, and hence why we need to spend money, I would like to see where your club would be without its strong junior program.

In saying that, I feel we need to invest more time and money into our junior program, and I'm sure this will be a focus of the committee moving ahead.

Good luck to you all this season...
Browny25
Coach

Has liked: 105 times
Been liked: 28 times

Postby Groover » Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:32 pm

Browny25 wrote:Everyone on here is entitled to an opinon..... I understand that, and sure, I can see how some of you would think we deserve what has happened, and may take satisfaction out it.

I have been at Brahma 10+ years now and we havent always been successful, yes the past 5 years have been pretty good but seasons before that I was part of teams that saw us get belted week in and out.

I unfortuantly didnt get the spoils of winning a premiership but have stuck around and will see this through. I can see myself that the culture or direction of the club needs to change, and I try and find the positives in it that I have an opportunity to help change this.

The club is bigger than 20+ individuals.. We thought that success would help build culture, we were wrong.

Alot of you forget that Brahma doesnt have the junior program that many of your clubs have, and the majority of the clubs near us all have strong junior programs. The club has no choice but to entice players, and hence why we need to spend money, I would like to see where your club would be without its strong junior program.

In saying that, I feel we need to invest more time and money into our junior program, and I'm sure this will be a focus of the committee moving ahead.

Couldn't have put that better myself mate.
Groover
League - Top 5

Postby pureclass » Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:39 pm

Let me get this straight.
The new coach couldn't retain players from last year and didn't recruit any new players and has now quit and is no longer coaching brahma lodge and has left them to fend in div 4?
I also heard he is moving to the APFL to play with Virginia?
Don't know much about him, but if this is true. It doesn't paint a good picture of the bloke.
pureclass
Rookie

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 5 times

Postby Groover » Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:18 am

pureclass wrote:Let me get this straight.
The new coach couldn't retain players from last year and didn't recruit any new players and has now quit and is no longer coaching brahma lodge and has left them to fend in div 4?
I also heard he is moving to the APFL to play with Virginia?
Don't know much about him, but if this is true. It doesn't paint a good picture of the bloke.

The appointed coach was fine mate, it was the lack of player commitment and poor turnout which resulted in our downfall.
Nothing to do with with him.
From what i did see, he will definitely have a good coaching future.
Groover
League - Top 5

Postby The Rooster » Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:29 am

Browny25 wrote:Everyone on here is entitled to an opinon..... I understand that, and sure, I can see how some of you would think we deserve what has happened, and may take satisfaction out it.

Yes unfortunately without Kids coming through and progressing through to seniors it's always going to be tough, Even with juniors it's hard as some of the higher graded clubs are recruiting kids into their junior program as investments into the future.

It sounds like you still have some quality people around the place, which is a bonus, However with Clubs in Div 7 and Div 6 paying for players it's hard for any club these days.
Sorry people I only deal in facts!
The Rooster
Under 18s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 10 times
Grassroots Team: St Paul's College OS

Postby BZB27 » Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:30 am

How are all clubs looking for trial games. I know pooraka has 2 first against Adelaide Lutheran and the other up at Gumaracha
BZB27
League - Best 21

Has liked: 216 times
Been liked: 173 times

Postby Robb_Stark » Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:33 am

Groover wrote:
Brayman19 wrote:Ive also heard that Jarred Gatt will also make the move to BL with his best mate Bell and one of them could be the captain. Interesting times ahead ;)

Pretty sure the A grade captaincy has been taken... Unless they want to captain the reserves side

Jared Gatt would be a back up ruckmen id assume
Robb_Stark
League - Best 21

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 155 times

Postby carey » Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:12 am

Heard some interesting news on site today regarding Brahma Lodge, They have signed D.J.Mcintre as a playing ass. coach and bringing at least 8 to 10 with him some from Westies and some from Salis Nth where he has been training! :shock:

Apparently been offered good coin to do so but is not happy that there has been a captain appointed who hasn't trained as yet because of cricket.....

#### Now this is what I heard wether its true or not is a different story!
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2796 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby woodublieve12 » Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:21 am

carey wrote:Heard some interesting news on site today regarding Brahma Lodge, They have signed D.J.Mcintre as a playing ass. coach and bringing at least 8 to 10 with him some from Westies and some from Salis Nth where he has been training! :shock:

Apparently been offered good coin to do so but is not happy that there has been a captain appointed who hasn't trained as yet because of cricket.....

is this an attempt to troll??? just curious...
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3016 times
Been liked: 2384 times

Postby Robb_Stark » Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:06 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:
carey wrote:Heard some interesting news on site today regarding Brahma Lodge, They have signed D.J.Mcintre as a playing ass. coach and bringing at least 8 to 10 with him some from Westies and some from Salis Nth where he has been training! :shock:

is this an attempt to troll??? just curious...

if it is very good attempt and a well thought one
Robb_Stark
League - Best 21

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 155 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League