HFL Division 2 (Country)

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: HFL Country Division

Postby backdoor » Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:22 am

RAMS wrote:
From The Outer wrote:Spoke to a lad from Sedan today and he told me they will be lucky to get within 30 goals of the team coming down from the top division yet they both have been allocated the same points. If that is true your decision makers should become clowns in the circus.

It's true and very unclear on how the HFL have justified it. My understanding is a few clubs want answers and another special meeting will be called.

It's bloody unbelievable!
backdoor
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 3 times

Postby backdoor » Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:33 am

Champ wrote:That's my point "Champ". Your Club cried wolf and received extra points from the HFL to then go through the Season winning with ease, your B's even played in the finals so you must not have been that bad for numbers... definitely no worse off than many of the Country Division Clubs, and they don't even get the level of support that you got and you've been in the top two of the Division for many seasons.

And now the HFL look like making the same mistake with Mt Lofty, it's just not right! Clubs like Meadows, Nairne, etc are working hard to bridge the gap and are then handed another unfair disadvantage and for what reason.

Out of interest, how many points do you believe Echunga were supposed to have had last season and how many did they get on top of this?[/quote]

Any additional points are not warranted in my opinion. As you've indicated you have absolutely dominated the competition so they are simply not justified no matter how you put it.[/quote]

Well then your opinion is null and void because you simply do not have any facts. When you get them, complain/opinionate away but have something plausable to back it up.
I'd be more concerned about the current state of play than the past.[/quote]

FACT - you were given 13 points but should have only been on 9 or 10 points the same as Kersbrook, and you were beating all teams (apart from Kersbrook) by at least 10 goals. You wanted more points because you lost a lot of players, well I'd suggest there's more than one club in that boat. You then go through 2013 winning all games and beat the second best team by 7 goals in the GF, and you think that's right... please!

In hind sight I wonder if the HFL are regretting their decision to aware additional points as they might not have the problems they have today if they left the points as they were.
backdoor
Mini-League

Postby choppy » Sat Feb 15, 2014 8:31 am

Just remember Echunga asked the question about more points. The HFL are the ones that awarded the club extra points.
choppy
Rookie

Postby 2old2slow » Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:01 am

Just heard from reliable source may not be a bye for country bs
2old2slow
Rookie

Been liked: 6 times

Postby cracka » Sun Feb 16, 2014 11:15 am

2old2slow wrote:Just heard from reliable source may not be a bye for country bs

Care to elaborate.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 462 times
Been liked: 567 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby 2old2slow » Sun Feb 16, 2014 4:11 pm

Maybe blackwood cs
2old2slow
Rookie

Been liked: 6 times

Postby Justquietly » Sun Feb 16, 2014 6:52 pm

backdoor wrote:
Champ wrote:That's my point "Champ". Your Club cried wolf and received extra points from the HFL to then go through the Season winning with ease, your B's even played in the finals so you must not have been that bad for numbers... definitely no worse off than many of the Country Division Clubs, and they don't even get the level of support that you got and you've been in the top two of the Division for many seasons.

And now the HFL look like making the same mistake with Mt Lofty, it's just not right! Clubs like Meadows, Nairne, etc are working hard to bridge the gap and are then handed another unfair disadvantage and for what reason.

Out of interest, how many points do you believe Echunga were supposed to have had last season and how many did they get on top of this?

Any additional points are not warranted in my opinion. As you've indicated you have absolutely dominated the competition so they are simply not justified no matter how you put it.[/quote]

Well then your opinion is null and void because you simply do not have any facts. When you get them, complain/opinionate away but have something plausable to back it up.
I'd be more concerned about the current state of play than the past.[/quote]

FACT - you were given 13 points but should have only been on 9 or 10 points the same as Kersbrook, and you were beating all teams (apart from Kersbrook) by at least 10 goals. You wanted more points because you lost a lot of players, well I'd suggest there's more than one club in that boat. You then go through 2013 winning all games and beat the second best team by 7 goals in the GF, and you think that's right... please!

In hind sight I wonder if the HFL are regretting their decision to aware additional points as they might not have the problems they have today if they left the points as they were.[/quote]
Agreed, top teams shouldn't have MORE points, however I think that some on here are arguing that lower teams should have more points...I get this point of view but I'd argue that if the 'best' team is to be promoted, shouldn't it be based on a level playing field ie same points? And yes, of course I want to see the Devs go back up but having read some statements on here & now seeing the clearances, it looks like it'll be an interesting year in any case.
Chuck Norris makes onions cry
Justquietly
League - Best 21

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 5 times
Grassroots Team: Mt Lofty

Postby Champ » Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:14 am

Echunga were awarded two additional points to provide an 18 year old kid who had played 3 games total in 2012 the opportunitiy to play A's. This was given instead of a permit to play under age.
The points were non-transferrable to other players when the kid didnt play - that must've been what made them a more competitive side hey - nothing to do with them being hungry, determined and a core group oif their 2012 b'grade stepping up.

The HFL will no win or lose you games.

In the SAAFL all clubs get 15 points and are simply told to do whatever you can with them.

I don't think there should be a tiered points allocation system but its up to the clubs and not hte league - the league asks clubs to vote and that's that. Therefore clubs should be a little more careful as to who they're sending to the league meetings where a vote is being cast.

Here's a solid:
Promoted teams and teams in bottom 5 get 15
The rest get 10
Bottom teams can apply to the CFL via the league for an increase on 15 points based on whatever arugment they have. Then its a CFL decision and not a league as they'd simply become a conduit.
Arguemtns all but over
Champ
Under 18s

Has liked: 51 times
Been liked: 9 times
Grassroots Team: Gawler Central

Postby cracka » Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:58 pm

2old2slow wrote:Maybe blackwood cs

That should solve their problem of wanting to play their C grade on Saturdays, but hope it doesn't kill the C grade comp for Milangs sake.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 462 times
Been liked: 567 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby Ye Olde Place Kick » Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:20 pm

Still no program up on the Hills site for Country colts leagues. Anyone know who will be fielding what in this regard for the 3 grades?
Ye Olde Place Kick
Under 16s

Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 42 times

Postby Ye Olde Place Kick » Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:22 pm

cracka wrote:
2old2slow wrote:Maybe blackwood cs

That should solve their problem of wanting to play their C grade on Saturdays, but hope it doesn't kill the C grade comp for Milangs sake.

Hills site program still lists 9 teams in A's and B's no Blackwood.
Ye Olde Place Kick
Under 16s

Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 42 times

Postby Cougar » Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:28 pm

BillyBrownless.jpg
A Night with Billy Brownless
BillyBrownless.jpg (84.55 KiB) Viewed 4499 times
Cougar
League - Best 21

Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 37 times

Postby choppy » Tue Feb 18, 2014 5:41 pm

Meadows F/C did the Billy Brownless night a couple of weeks ago. Great Night...
choppy
Rookie

Postby afc9798 » Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:46 am

choppy wrote:Meadows F/C did the Billy Brownless night a couple of weeks ago. Great Night...

Had him at Happy Valley on the Friday night before the Meadows night, was also a great night. Billy is excellent value for money and Wayne Phillips was also excellent entertainment.
afc9798
Reserves

Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 47 times
Grassroots Team: Happy Valley

Postby Amateur Footy » Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:23 pm

Ironbank have used Billy too. Very good entertainment, but make sure you have plenty of cold frothies for him... the bloke can seriously drink.
Amateur Footy
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 7 times
Grassroots Team: Ironbank

Postby no1rangler » Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:11 pm

bit quiet on ere..... any whispers on key recruits to div 2 clubs?
no1rangler
Mini-League

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 0 time

Postby ORDoubleBlues » Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:49 pm

Good old Mouse Promotions.

You have got to hand it to him, he built his company on the coat tails of a man that did all the work but he somehow claimed credit for it. Not that he will be questioned about it given that the man concerned is now in jail for a very long time
R.I.P. Patrice Lumumba 1925 - 1961
ORDoubleBlues
League - Top 5

Been liked: 10 times
Grassroots Team: Macclesfield

Re: 2008 Hills Country

Postby spot on » Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:40 pm

Tex wrote:Who's the players leaving Meadows, and any tips on the incumbent coach??

Mark Tucker, Trent Shorland, Tim Knappstein, Ev Taylor,either retired or all not playing at meadows next year, Possible Tarque, Morry, Brad Dubois, Josh Russell (will depend on new coach, no idea who coach will be).
add to team Sam Russell, Tahu Lanyon.
So damage isnt that bad yet but could be if all leave.

I heard on the weekend that Daniel Exelby is pulling on the boots for Meadows this year.
spot on
Under 18s

Has liked: 44 times
Been liked: 9 times
Grassroots Team: Casterton

Postby no1rangler » Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:04 pm

Trav White to Kersbrook.
no1rangler
Mini-League

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 0 time

Postby Kick'n Back » Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:13 pm

Any ladder predictions this early from anyone?
This is how I see it panning out.
The top 3 will be a close battle between Kersbrook the improving Nairne and Mt Lofty who look as though they will be stronger than last when in div 1. It will then be a little gap back to Meadows in 4th place who may upset one of the top 3 during the season. Maccy and Gum will battle out for the last spot in the finals. The big spending Cambrai to climb up the ladder a couple of spots to 7th. Birdwood and Kangy to fight out for the spoon.
Kick'n Back
Under 16s

Been liked: 14 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy