Great Southern Football League

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: Great Southern Football League

Postby Ramadash » Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:40 pm

Mmmm Hoban is playing there is room for both.

Big targets rotating at full forward
premierships is what it is all about
Ramadash
Under 16s

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 1 time

Postby field of dreams » Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:04 am

Luke Ellis to EB.....interesting recruiting decision. VERY good player, but might still still bring a smile to other clubs?
field of dreams
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 126 times
Been liked: 78 times

Postby Free Kick For » Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:44 pm

Looking at all the Kaniva Recruits from Victor Harbour - why did Victor fail to gel last season and what is the reason for the exodus? or VH local players not up too it? Few ex-sanfl names in the group of williams,boyd,skrypek thought they would have finished a bit higher up or are they overrated?
Free Kick For

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1 time

Postby field of dreams » Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:08 pm

There is no i in team
field of dreams
League Bench Warmer

Postby dogsrbarkin » Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:13 pm

field of dreams wrote:Luke Ellis to EB.....interesting recruiting decision. VERY good player, but might still still bring a smile to other clubs?

Sorry fod has this bloke a bad rep :?
dogsrbarkin
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 5 times

Postby dogsrbarkin » Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:18 pm

BJ Ernest wrote:Welsh, Perrie, Wilson, Hooper, Davis-Neale (although wont play every game at the Crows so should play at bays when not on crow duties).

Barnes, Horrocks and Karpany rumoured to be on the move and is Neely still the coach? I heard he might be interested in a possible move.

Silly season well and truly happening, and the GSFL being a strong comp is going to get raided by the comps a little further out from town that will pay higher prices for players!

Would be a great shame if the premiers were to lose 6-7 of their best players, a huge hole to fill with less points to cover them but im sure they'll be able to cover these losses to a point. They've definitely always managed to land some big fish with West, Dennis, Gigney, Rolfe, Mods, Welsh and Perrie to name a few.

BJ looks like you blokes have made a raid on Noarlunga is this a connection to pilmore or Irvine?
dogsrbarkin
Rookie

Postby fathersonsfl » Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:30 pm

I know Despott has moved from Noarlunga to Willunga....who else has gone across?
fathersonsfl
Rookie

Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby dogsrbarkin » Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:32 pm

fathersonsfl wrote:I know Despott has moved from Noarlunga to Willunga....who else has gone across?

according to clearances fry and smart are they a graders
dogsrbarkin
Rookie

Postby fathersonsfl » Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:45 pm

dogsrbarkin wrote:
fathersonsfl wrote:I know Despott has moved from Noarlunga to Willunga....who else has gone across?

according to clearances fry and smart are they a graders

In my opinion they are fringe A graders. Depends what mind set they turn up with....
fathersonsfl
Rookie

Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby stun72 » Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:40 am

Tiger83 wrote:
Yank Man wrote:
Tiger83 wrote:
Yank Man wrote:Great to the declined button still works well at Yank.

Well when players arent financial, thats what the 'decline button' is for..

Yes Tiger83, well aware of what the button is for. My interest is with Matty Wilson who was happily cleared to SANFL (the Crows ressies I presume) but denied to RFL, clearly an option if he doesn't make it. You would of thought the skipper from 2013 was financial and could go wherever he wanted. :)

Not that ur in a position that needs to know, but Matty is not completely financial. Its not always about Subs... He wont be playing anywhere in 2014 now anyway. He had a shoulder reconstruction the other day after a training mishap.

As an interested observer of clearances to see where players are going etc. I find it amusing that if he won't be playing anywhere in 2014 as stated why wouldn't the Club clear him???
stun72
Under 16s

Has liked: 116 times

Postby Ralph Wiggum » Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:01 pm

Yes Tiger83, well aware of what the button is for. My interest is with Matty Wilson who was happily cleared to SANFL (the Crows ressies I presume) but denied to RFL, clearly an option if he doesn't make it. You would of thought the skipper from 2013 was financial and could go wherever he wanted. :)

Not that ur in a position that needs to know, but Matty is not completely financial. Its not always about Subs... He wont be playing anywhere in 2014 now anyway. He had a shoulder reconstruction the other day after a training mishap.

As an interested observer of clearances to see where players are going etc. I find it amusing that if he won't be playing anywhere in 2014 as stated why wouldn't the Club clear him???

A clearance can only be denied on subs or a contract, but I could be wrong. I thought if he had club property ie a Guernsey, after being captain of the club they would happily let him have that, and maybe he will return to the club one day, but you would think that wont happen now.
Ralph Wiggum
Rookie

Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby DARK KNIGHT » Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:04 am

Ralph Wiggum wrote:

A clearance can only be denied on subs or a contract, but I could be wrong. I thought if he had club property ie a Guernsey, after being captain of the club they would happily let him have that, and maybe he will return to the club one day, but you would think that wont happen now.

I see common sense has prevailed & Matty cleared to play in the RFL, hopefully Yank haven't burnt their bridges too badly with this one
DARK KNIGHT
Under 16s

Been liked: 9 times

Postby kickittome » Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:59 pm

Very quiet on here lads what's all the latest goss?

Have heard that victor having low numbers out on the track approx 10 the other night!
Is this true 'FOD'? 8 players out of there best 18 not helping.

Yank apparently have a wedding on the sat of there round 2 game v strath at yank. Yank trying to change game to strath on the Friday night with a heap of players invited. Very doubtful strath would agree too hard for volunteers over two days.

6 of the bays premier$hip players already cleared any more to come? Or are rumours re Barnes, hortocks & karpany false?

Very quiet down at the creek$, going down a junior local path finally?

Will goolwa's big recruiting efforts again be a waste or could they be the big mover this year?
kickittome
Under 16s

Been liked: 6 times

Postby LuvsFooty » Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:16 am

Victors numbers were very low last time I saw but I don't think they would be alone, our numbers are average and I'm hearing the same elsewhere. Cricket, tennis and basketball having a big impact on trainings. The Great Southern Cricket Association I don't think have even finished the minor round yet and basketball which is Wednesday / Thursday has 5 weeks to go. Huge over lap this year.

Where and who are trials against. We are v mt barker and noarlunga
You can love football, but it wont always love you back!
LuvsFooty
League - Best 21

Been liked: 17 times

Postby field of dreams » Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:38 am

I haven't seen it personally but I had heard numbers have been low kitm. I count 9 out that would make any side in the league - (despite as a group not being able to have a huge impact) so that would definitely be affecting training numbers.

Most sides seem to have more outs than ins at this point with lots of quality going from the league to others (esp KNTFL - $$$).
Hard to pick at this early stage but the Dees would be up there as favorites for mine.
field of dreams
League Bench Warmer

Postby words of wisdom » Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:59 pm

I haven't heard of any clubs averaging huge numbers on the track. Overall the whole standard of the league may drop slightly with the number of outs but the comp will still be fairly even. Strath & Willunga will start favourites - 3rd to 8th is anyones guess. Victor is rebuilding but have 2 of the best to build around in Brown & Iljecsen. Who's staying at yank is unknown but Thompson is having a great impression over the whole club.
words of wisdom
League - Best 21

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 19 times
Grassroots Team: Mt Burr

Postby words of wisdom » Wed Mar 05, 2014 1:04 pm

I have heard Goolwas forward line will consist of Bridges, D.Hirst, Kies, Pearce, Rick & Mark Davis! Any truth LF?
words of wisdom
League - Best 21

Postby LuvsFooty » Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:01 pm

Might be better than what we've got at the moment. Can't find anyone that wants to play out of the square and kick 100
You can love football, but it wont always love you back!
LuvsFooty
League - Best 21

Been liked: 17 times

Postby field of dreams » Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:08 pm

No way we are clearing Pearce and Davis....we need them!
field of dreams
League Bench Warmer

Postby words of wisdom » Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:00 pm

field of dreams wrote:No way we are clearing Pearce and Davis....we need them!

Full back this year FOD?
words of wisdom
League - Best 21

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy