SAAFL division 6 2014

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Who will win the division 6 grand final?

Angle Vale
3%
Blackfriars OS
7%
Central United
2%
Fitzroy
13%
Ingle Farm
10%
Lockleys
4%
Mawson Lakes
13%
Mitchell Park
6%
Rosewater
33%
West Croydon
8%

Total votes : 98

Re: SAAFL division 6 2014

Postby marbles » Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:21 pm

ii
Look Good In Leather wrote:
marbles wrote:whens cricket season finish?

didnt mitchell park hav 3 sides last year?

but what hardly can fill one side?

they only got about 10 clearances, where are the rest of the boys

A good advertisement for moving from the Southern League to Amateurs eh marbles?

haha the misery in the southern league will far out weigh the sadness of a club in recess, u blokes are on the front line down there and ya' s being paid to do it, so might be kinda fun i guess?
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 275 times
Been liked: 258 times

Postby happilyretired » Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:21 am

So... how did the crisis meeting go last night at MP?
happilyretired
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 2 times

Postby morell » Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:48 pm

It went well.
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1138 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby Arch44 » Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:52 pm

morell wrote:It went well.

Will be ready round 1 v us Morrell?
Hogg Shield Div IV 2018 Winner
Arch44
League - Top 5

Has liked: 717 times
Been liked: 272 times

Postby Arch44 » Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:36 pm

Program has changed again. We now play Mawson Lakes 1st up. That's 3 times now it has changed!
Hogg Shield Div IV 2018 Winner
Arch44
League - Top 5

Has liked: 717 times
Been liked: 272 times

Postby the milky bar kid » Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:57 pm

Arch44 wrote:Program has changed again. We now play Mawson Lakes 1st up. That's 3 times now it has changed!

I reckon we are up to at least 4 now. :lol:
the milky bar kid
League - Best 21

Has liked: 119 times
Been liked: 238 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Yank Man » Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:23 pm

Special thanks to all my friends on this forum who want to know where we are at.

Yes a meeting was held at Mitchell Park last night and it related to player numbers and a clear direction for the club going forward. The reality is we have lost, through retirement of an ageing list, a list of clearances and players wanting a break, 17 of our premiership team of 2012. Add to that from 2013 another 23 who can't be bothered.

The meeting was very much about the implementation of stuctures at committee level to ensure we are not going to put in this position again and the protection of our junior structure, who will fill 4 full sides for the 1st time in the clubs history.

I might add that our club has been in full consultation with the league whom have been very, very supportive. The final outcomes will be determined in the next week or so, but, alas, we DO have a footy club and it's onwards and upwards.
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 316 times
Grassroots Team: Edwardstown

Postby Footy Chick » Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:35 pm

Ive seen first hand how hard the off field folk work for the Mitchell Park FC - Its people like Ken and the Weekleys that I really feel for here and you know that this isn't a matter of how the club is run but just simply a lack of commitment from those on -field.

Congratulations on the juniors Yank Man and hopefully whatever woes you have player wise this year can be made up for in years to come.
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby Yank Man » Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:57 pm

Footy Chick wrote:Ive seen first hand how hard the off field folk work for the Mitchell Park FC - Its people like Ken and the Weekleys that I really feel for here and you know that this isn't a matter of how the club is run but just simply a lack of commitment from those on -field.

Congratulations on the juniors Yank Man and hopefully whatever woes you have player wise this year can be made up for in years to come.

Cheers FC, you are my favourite football lady. :D And as our old mate marbles said, we're just in recess atm. ;)
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 316 times
Grassroots Team: Edwardstown

Postby marbles » Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:28 pm

Yank Man wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:Ive seen first hand how hard the off field folk work for the Mitchell Park FC - Its people like Ken and the Weekleys that I really feel for here and you know that this isn't a matter of how the club is run but just simply a lack of commitment from those on -field.

Cheers FC, you are my favourite football lady. :D And as our old mate marbles said, we're just in recess atm. ;)

a few years back i saw Weed (Wayne) conducting shopping centre marketing campaigns at West Lakes shopping centre. It was like a marketing ploy to sign up new players to the juniors. so lets say your walking down the malls, a wooody south cat volunteer would approach you and try to get you to sign up to bring your kid to play footy at the cats. since then their juniors have been booming i believe

what im leading to is to suggest a similiar campaign for mitchell park. i dont know the costs involved but could the mitchell park boys set up a desk at Marion shopping centre and any young men that come near could be approached and asked if theyd like to come play footy at the den!!!!

i mean the clubs not willing to pay anyone for their on field football talents & expertise (sadly), but in these dire straits surely theres a little bit of money available to spend on brochures or flyers to tickle the taste buds of potential recruits in the area. i mean if 500 brochures get handed out, and youve gained 20 new players from it, surely the campaign will pay for itself. food for thought. alot of young men go through marion shopping centre everyday, chuck a line out, im sure youll get a few bites
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 275 times
Been liked: 258 times

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:00 pm

Anyone have trial games coming up?

Believe Ingle Farm are playing Hamley Bridge next Sat and then Greenacres the following Friday night..
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Has liked: 402 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby the milky bar kid » Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:06 pm

Phantom Gossiper wrote:Anyone have trial games coming up?

Believe Ingle Farm are playing Hamley Bridge next Sat and then Greenacres the following Friday night..

That sounds roughly right, it'll be good to finally get out there & try & get my hands on the Sherrin!

Haven't heard too much, I know Mawsons "no expense spared" Lakes hired out Thebby on Tuesday for an internal trial. Heard a bit coming out of Mawsons, the coach was recruiting players under the promise of being in Div 5 next season.

Bring on footy!
the milky bar kid
League - Best 21

Postby wassprinttospace » Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:26 pm

the milky bar kid wrote:
Phantom Gossiper wrote:Anyone have trial games coming up?

That sounds roughly right, it'll be good to finally get out there & try & get my hands on the Sherrin!

Haven't heard too much, I know Mawsons "no expense spared" Lakes hired out Thebby on Tuesday for an internal trial. Heard a bit coming out of Mawsons, the coach was recruiting players under the promise of being in Div 5 next season.

Bring on footy!

BOS played Marion the other night and got up by a few goals.
Playing Trinity and Westminster in a 3 way 20/20 round robin next Friday that they've done for a couple of years now
CBC on the 22nd as well evidently.
wassprinttospace
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times
Grassroots Team: Blackfriars OS

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:33 pm

the milky bar kid wrote:Haven't heard too much, I know Mawsons "no expense spared" Lakes hired out Thebby on Tuesday for an internal trial. Heard a bit coming out of Mawsons, the coach was recruiting players under the promise of being in Div 5 next season!

Given the squad they are assembling, they have reason to be confident I would've thought.. however i've heard they maybe on the lookout for a ruckman with last years 2x first choice talls moving on.. S. Gannell to the lakes perhaps? :shock:
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Postby The Informer » Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:37 pm

Phantom Gossiper wrote:
the milky bar kid wrote:Haven't heard too much, I know Mawsons "no expense spared" Lakes hired out Thebby on Tuesday for an internal trial. Heard a bit coming out of Mawsons, the coach was recruiting players under the promise of being in Div 5 next season!

Given the squad they are assembling, they have reason to be confident I would've thought.. however i've heard they maybe on the lookout for a ruckman with last years 2x first choice talls moving on.. S. Gannell to the lakes perhaps? :shock:

Cant see there first choice ruckman going too far as he signed a contract to play this season at Mawson lakes?
The Informer
Reserves

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 233 times

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:41 pm

The_Informer wrote:Cant see there first choice ruckman going too far as he signed a contract to play this season at Mawson lakes?

Well that settles that then! Play on!
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Postby The Informer » Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:44 pm

And there second choice ruckman wouldn't be going anywhere as he has played there for years and been training hard this season.

Not too sure who u think is the second choice ruckman?
The Informer
Reserves

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:49 pm

The_Informer wrote:And there second choice ruckman wouldn't be going anywhere as he has played there for years and been training hard this season.

Thought Nathan was #1 and Rhett was #2?
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Postby The Informer » Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:58 pm

Phantom Gossiper wrote:
The_Informer wrote:And there second choice ruckman wouldn't be going anywhere as he has played there for years and been training hard this season.

Thought Nathan was #1 and Rhett was #2?

Oh Rhett, he played one year at Mawsons with a few C grade games, a few B grade games and a couple of A grade games.

I thought Chilli was #2
The Informer
Reserves

Postby the milky bar kid » Fri Mar 07, 2014 2:00 pm

Phantom Gossiper wrote:

Expect an angry facebook post, the big ginger will not be happy with such innuendo!
the milky bar kid
League - Best 21

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League