SAAFL Division 4 2014

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Who will win the division 4 grand final?

Glenunga
7%
Eastern Park
18%
Golden Grove
25%
Hectorville
4%
Hope Valley
9%
Kenilworth
8%
Pooraka
5%
Pulteney
1%
Salisbury West
16%
Woodville South
9%

Total votes : 105

Re: SAAFL Division 4 2014

Postby Look Good In Leather » Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:19 pm

turk186 wrote:
Robb_Stark wrote:
Q. wrote:How do you know CBC and Greenacres weren't offered it first?

be totally shocked if either club said no as both to me didnt struggle in div 4 both lost some games that could have gone either way

We were offered but refused...coaches and senior players said no :shock:

Might be some questions asked if we dont make finals..as Pauline would say "please explain" :oops:

Why would you say no? Want to be a big fish in a little pond?
Is @marbles joining you?
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby Fricky » Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:29 pm

turk186 wrote:
Robb_Stark wrote:

be totally shocked if either club said no as both to me didnt struggle in div 4 both lost some games that could have gone either way

Might be some questions asked if we dont make finals..as Pauline would say "please explain" :oops:

It depends on how the clubs feels its situated, on and off the field. We were offered to go up to Div 2 when Edwardstown went to the SFL and like you guys the coaching staff and committee decided it was better to stay in Div 3. We finished 4th and were offered the spot when Kilburn initially said no, but they then decided to go up to Div 2.

We won the Div 3 flag that year (2009) and have been in Div 2 since, so in the end it was a good decision for us. But who's to say any club taking up the chance to be promoted wont have a successful season in the higher Div.
Fricky
League - Best 21

Has liked: 93 times
Been liked: 120 times
Grassroots Team: Walkerville

Postby the milky bar kid » Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:38 pm

Look Good In Leather wrote:
turk186 wrote:
Robb_Stark wrote:

Is @marbles joining you?

It is also possible that they believe that this season could follow a similar path to last years when they won 1 game in Div 4 (being the last one). Such a performance might have negative impacts on senior & junior player development.

Hence making it a good call for the club & the division.
Completely opposite to your side, that finishes 10th every year, isn't good enough to be in the top 8 of the SFL (which should be division 1), but still feels entitled to be treated as the same & further push down those below you. As a result, a majority from outside, and a significant number from within continue to see your league as a bit of a joke.

Sometimes there is a bigger picture than immediate gains.
the milky bar kid
League - Best 21

Has liked: 119 times
Been liked: 238 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Robb_Stark » Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:50 pm

Greenacres just plain scared of div 4 have fun in div 5 LOL
Robb_Stark
League - Best 21

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 155 times

Postby BZB27 » Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:20 pm

Looks like the the first 3 rounds have been shuffled around but the rest is the same
BZB27
League - Best 21

Has liked: 216 times
Been liked: 173 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby S Demon » Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:33 pm

turk186 wrote:
Robb_Stark wrote:

If you don't make finals in Div 5, then the decision not to go up to Div 4 would be vindicated
S Demon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 312 times
Been liked: 370 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Demon Juke » Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:44 pm

The Ash Man wrote:I've read the email and my opinion has not changed.
We will agree to disagree

You wouldn't be happy if Glenunga finish in front off your club and you get relegated to div 5 in 2015, at least with Brahma Lodge in this div that was one spot in the bottom two taken up.
Demon Juke
League - Best 21

Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 69 times

Postby Yank Man » Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:53 pm

Sorry for intruding but.... I'm sure Brahma Lodge put a lot of faith in the people they chose to take the club forward. All of a sudden they all leave and they are left with nothing. People, what happened to getting behind the Aussie battler and not kicking them when they're down. We can talk all day about the mistakes, but this club is trying to save themselves from extinction. Where they play is irreverent , as long as they play. Compassion is not something experienced in footy all that often, but atm, we all need to work for a strong league and all clubs are part of that. I'll go now, with friends or not.
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 316 times
Grassroots Team: Edwardstown

Postby Jetters » Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:06 pm

Yank Man wrote:Sorry for intruding but.... I'm sure Brahma Lodge put a lot of faith in the people they chose to take the club forward. All of a sudden they all leave and they are left with nothing. People, what happened to getting behind the Aussie battler and not kicking them when they're down. We can talk all day about the mistakes, but this club is trying to save themselves from extinction. Where they play is irreverent , as long as they play. Compassion is not something experienced in footy all that often, but atm, we all need to work for a strong league and all clubs are part of that. I'll go now, with friends or not.

"Battler"!?

Are you kidding, they are the opposite to this, they tried to get rich quick and it bit them in the arse.
Jetters
Reserves

Has liked: 106 times
Been liked: 119 times
Grassroots Team: Unley

Postby Yank Man » Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:12 pm

Jetters wrote:
Yank Man wrote:Sorry for intruding but.... I'm sure Brahma Lodge put a lot of faith in the people they chose to take the club forward. All of a sudden they all leave and they are left with nothing. People, what happened to getting behind the Aussie battler and not kicking them when they're down. We can talk all day about the mistakes, but this club is trying to save themselves from extinction. Where they play is irreverent , as long as they play. Compassion is not something experienced in footy all that often, but atm, we all need to work for a strong league and all clubs are part of that. I'll go now, with friends or not.

"Battler"!?

Are you kidding, they are the opposite to this, they tried to get rich quick and it bit them in the arse.

Hahaha, one friend down. But we've never been friends Jetters, have we. I come from a club of love and you come from 'Unley'. Maybe one day We can be on the same stage and we can see who has goolies. Now stop shadowing me.
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Postby Jetters » Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:09 am

Yank Man wrote:
Jetters wrote:

"Battler"!?

Hahaha, one friend down. But we've never been friends Jetters, have we. I come from a club of love and you come from 'Unley'. Maybe one day We can be on the same stage and we can see who has goolies. Now stop shadowing me.

Oh Yankman, we can be friends, I just find it so easy to disagree with with you.

If you come from a club of love and by insinuation I don't, the difference between number of players leaving my club vs the number leaving the club of love must be baffling.
Jetters
Reserves

Has liked: 106 times
Been liked: 119 times
Grassroots Team: Unley

Postby Yank Man » Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:49 am

Jetters wrote:
Yank Man wrote:
Jetters wrote:

"Battler"!?

Oh Yankman, we can be friends, I just find it so easy to disagree with with you.

If you come from a club of love and by insinuation I don't, the difference between number of players leaving my club vs the number leaving the club of love must be baffling.

Touché, I do have a few friends at Jetland so yes I know how much you all love your club. That comment was a bit harsh, but, see we've taken the discussion away from BL.
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Postby Look Good In Leather » Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:58 am

the milky bar kid wrote:
turk186 wrote:
Robb_Stark wrote:

Is @marbles joining you?

It is also possible that they believe that this season could follow a similar path to last years when they won 1 game in Div 4 (being the last one). Such a performance might have negative impacts on senior & junior player development.

Completely opposite to your side, that finishes 10th every year, isn't good enough to be in the top 8 of the SFL (which should be division 1), but still feels entitled to be treated as the same & further push down those below you. As a result, a majority from outside, and a significant number from within continue to see your league as a bit of a joke.

2013 Ladder says no
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby BZB27 » Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:08 am

Having a look at Glenunga clearance's they will def be no easy beat like Brahma where looking like being which is a good thing. They have recuited well with and picked up a few from div 1 clubs, 1 from an sanfl club and another from the hills league not sure if all have played A's but Vanderloo is a standout pick up to me.

I reckon they will do well in Div 4 this year and are well prepared for it hence why they took to chance.
BZB27
League - Best 21

Postby the milky bar kid » Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:11 am

the milky bar kid wrote:

2013 Ladder says no

Ah, that's right, I forgot the corrupted draw & you were given 6-7 wins against the bottom four (2xAldinga, 2x Marion, 2x Hackham, 1xOSB)
Yet only won 10 for the season.

Against others that finished in the top 8 & you only beat one of them. You were lucky enough to play that team twice for two wins.
Still averaged 10+ losses against the top 6 teams... With a record of 3-8 against teams in the top 11. Good season tho :roll:
So in reality, this year you should've won division 2 & earned a right to prove yourself this season in SFL division 1.
Last edited by the milky bar kid on Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
the milky bar kid
League - Best 21

Has liked: 119 times
Been liked: 238 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby S Demon » Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:13 am

By "faith" you mean "money", right?

No compassion from me. We lost a Grand Final to them by 100pts two years ago. No one from Brahma Lodge was crying to the league that day. I'm sorry, but if you live by the sword, you die by the sword.

They should have been made to stay in Div 4 as per the rules and taken on the chin whatever came their way
S Demon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 312 times
Been liked: 370 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby ramming23 » Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:20 pm

BZB27 wrote:Having a look at Glenunga clearance's they will def be no easy beat like Brahma where looking like being which is a good thing. They have recuited well with and picked up a few from div 1 clubs, 1 from an sanfl club and another from the hills league not sure if all have played A's but Vanderloo is a standout pick up to me.

I reckon they will do well in Div 4 this year and are well prepared for it hence why they took to chance.

Looking forward to the opportunity in Div 4! Many of you have been quick to point out that we have been gifted two promotions without making the GF the year before, but can I remind you that the year we were promoted from Div 7 without playing in the GF we made it to the Div 6 GF.. We have recruited well and look forward to a challenge this year. Having been around the club for many years now it is extremely exciting times as we are now in a strong division. We did it tough for a few years there and hopefully we can remain competitive this year. The big 'F' word is still on our radar. On that note, my only concern is our B grade.
ramming23
Rookie

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 26 times
Grassroots Team: Glenunga

Postby Robb_Stark » Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:57 pm

Glenunga now have to work out a way to stop scudds from GG :)
Robb_Stark
League - Best 21

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 155 times

Postby Demon Juke » Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:11 pm

Robb_Stark wrote:Glenunga now have to work out a way to stop scudds from GG :)

If they have kept most of there team from last year and added to it this year, they will push for the finals. They got with in a couple of goals late in the 3rd quarter(time on) last year in the prem. final against Woodville South, only to get a soft free against them that Woodville south kicked a goal from to stop there comeback. They need to add 4 or 5 players to that team to be in the mix and it looks like they have, so time will tell if the club has done the correct decision in coming up to div 4.
Demon Juke
League - Best 21

Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 69 times

Postby BZB27 » Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:58 pm

Is every club paying their first trial game this weekend?
BZB27
League - Best 21

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League