SAAFL Division 2 2014

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Who will win the division 2 grand final?

Broadview
20%
Flinders Park
7%
Gepps Cross
11%
PAOC
4%
PHOS Camden
9%
PNU
16%
Scotch OC
7%
SHOC
5%
SMOSH
15%
Walkerville
5%

Total votes : 95

Re: SAAFL Division 2 2014

Postby Blackwhite » Sun Mar 16, 2014 4:19 pm

wristwatcher wrote:
barbs wrote:SMOSH beat beat PHOS by about 3 goal in a trial

PNU by the same in their trial as well I was told but did not see

PNU looked solid in there trial.. Portland with 8-9 players out but PNU also had 6-7 players out. Good hit out and looking forward to next weeks trial against Morphetville.
Blackwhite
Reserves

Has liked: 58 times
Been liked: 44 times
Grassroots Team: Payneham NU

Postby Blackwhite » Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:42 pm

Just saw this article about div 1 club Adelaide Uni playing a few games under lights this year. I don't know about anyone else but I would love to see the occasional game under lights. Has any other club thought about doing this? I know I would love to see PNU play a game or 2 on a Friday night. Would be great.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/afl ... 6854736278
Blackwhite
Reserves

Postby locky801 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:30 pm

Blackwhite wrote:Just saw this article about div 1 club Adelaide Uni playing a few games under lights this year. I don't know about anyone else but I would love to see the occasional game under lights. Has any other club thought about doing this? I know I would love to see PNU play a game or 2 on a Friday night. Would be great.

Pretty sure once Broadviews new lights are up and operating they would be looking towards a night match or 2 in 2015
You cant change your past but you can sure hell shape you future
locky801
Coach

Has liked: 3698 times
Been liked: 1165 times

Postby Fricky » Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:24 pm

locky801 wrote:
Blackwhite wrote:Just saw this article about div 1 club Adelaide Uni playing a few games under lights this year. I don't know about anyone else but I would love to see the occasional game under lights. Has any other club thought about doing this? I know I would love to see PNU play a game or 2 on a Friday night. Would be great.

Pretty sure once Broadviews new lights are up and operating they would be looking towards a night match or 2 in 2015

We've had a couple of games under lights, but they were C grade games. The previous coach had the view that if the GF is a 2:15pm game then all A grade games will be 2:15 games. Not sure what our new coach thinks but I have thought for a while that an A grade game under lights would be great.
Fricky
League - Best 21

Has liked: 94 times
Been liked: 120 times
Grassroots Team: Walkerville

Postby jo172 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:28 pm

Suri wrote:
locky801 wrote:

We've had a couple of games under lights, but they were C grade games. The previous coach had the view that if the GF is a 2:15pm game then all A grade games will be 2:15 games. Not sure what our new coach thinks but I have thought for a while that an A grade game under lights would be great.

Just so long as the A Grade GF isn't drawn and the week before the AFL GF ;)
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1198 times
Been liked: 724 times

Postby Blackwhite » Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:43 pm

Suri wrote:
locky801 wrote:

I know a few coaches think like that but 1 or 2 night games a year always make for a good atmosphere. If promoted correctly, a decent crowd could be drawn. Hope PNU pushes for a night game because its something I want to see!
Blackwhite
Reserves

Postby Fricky » Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:56 pm

Blackwhite wrote:
Suri wrote:
locky801 wrote:

I know a few coaches think like that but 1 or 2 night games a year always make for a good atmosphere. If promoted correctly, a decent crowd could be drawn. Hope PNU pushes for a night game because its something I want to see!

Along with creating a great atmosphere at the game, it could be a big money earner for the club, esp if its a triple header. If you organize it against a big rival or at least a team that will have a good amount of supporters there I'm sure the bar takings will be pretty healthy for that day/night.

Both PNU v Walkerville games under-lights would be good Blackwhite
Fricky
League - Best 21

Postby WhenItMatters » Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:31 pm

Suri,how are Walkerville looking this year? Lost some quailty players and have not seem to pick up any of note. From all reports Walkies will be a good div 3 club under the new leadership and football board set up! fisher leaving next year makes it seem as if it is all heading that way?
WhenItMatters
Mini-League

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Old Ignatians

Postby Fricky » Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:46 pm

WhenItMatters wrote:Suri,how are Walkerville looking this year? Lost some quailty players and have not seem to pick up any of note. From all reports Walkies will be a good div 3 club under the new leadership and football board set up! fisher leaving next year makes it seem as if it is all heading that way?

Things have been building nicely this pre-season. Had a good hit out with Athelstone on the weekend with a number of new faces. Boys have been working hard on the track and this will hopefully pay dividends. May have lost some “quality” players on paper but in reality not many of them fired a shot last year.

Not sure of Fisher's plans next year but he is certainly pulling on the blue and white guernsey this year and is planning on a successful season for the Cats.
Fricky
League - Best 21

Postby Blackwhite » Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:41 pm

Suri wrote:Along with creating a great atmosphere at the game, it could be a big money earner for the club, esp if its a triple header. If you organize it against a big rival or at least a team that will have a good amount of supporters there I'm sure the bar takings will be pretty healthy for that day/night.

Would be awesome. No doubt Walkies and Scotch are PNU's biggest rivals this year so a game under lights against either of them clubs would be huge. No idea how it would go about getting organised but I guess both clubs would have to agree to it a fair way in advance?
Blackwhite
Reserves

Postby FOURTH ESTATE » Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:46 pm

Blackwhite wrote:
Suri wrote:Along with creating a great atmosphere at the game, it could be a big money earner for the club, esp if its a triple header. If you organize it against a big rival or at least a team that will have a good amount of supporters there I'm sure the bar takings will be pretty healthy for that day/night.

Would be awesome. No doubt Walkies and Scotch are PNU's biggest rivals this year so a game under lights against either of them clubs would be huge. No idea how it would go about getting organised but I guess both clubs would have to agree to it a fair way in advance?

Would have though that Broadies would have been mentioned in the same breath as well after our clashes in 2009-10
2017, 2019 & 2020 PREMIERS
RICHMOND, RICHMOND, RICHMOND.

Let that be a lesson to you Sturt. You don't beat Glenelg 3 times in a row in Grand Finals and get away with it.
FOURTH ESTATE
Veteran

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 128 times
Grassroots Team: Broadview

Postby Upthefalcons » Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:12 pm

FOURTH ESTATE wrote:Would have though that Broadies would have been mentioned in the same breath as well after our clashes in 2009-10

Blackwhite wasn't around in 09-10 so probably wouldn't recall the clashes, however broadies sure will be one of our big rivals! :D
Upthefalcons

Has liked: 28 times
Been liked: 2 times

Postby Blackwhite » Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:28 pm

Upthefalcons wrote:
FOURTH ESTATE wrote:Would have though that Broadies would have been mentioned in the same breath as well after our clashes in 2009-10

Blackwhite wasn't around in 09-10 so probably wouldn't recall the clashes, however broadies sure will be one of our big rivals! :D

My bad for forgetting Broadies. And you should know I was around back then Upthefalcons - Unfortunately I recall one of the grand finals where we got pumped! Round 2 PNU v Broadview promises to be a beauty.
Blackwhite
Reserves

Postby wristwatcher » Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:37 pm

Blackwhite wrote:
Upthefalcons wrote:

My bad for forgetting Broadies. And you should know I was around back then Upthefalcons - Unfortunately I recall one of the grand finals where we got pumped! Round 2 PNU v Broadview promises to be a beauty.

In that clash Broadviews Johnny Boras has promised to snap chat Weeds half time address. The lad loves it.
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 845 times

Postby SATCHEL » Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:19 am

I hear PAC have picked up FIVE league players who were given the marching orders or cut. 2 from South, 2 from Norwood and one from Eagles. Handy pick ups for Div 2. Even better if they are juniors or low pointers. Anyone confirm?
SATCHEL
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 32 times
Been liked: 53 times
Grassroots Team: Wingfield Royals

Postby jo172 » Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:23 am

SATCHEL wrote:I hear PAC have picked up FIVE league players who were given the marching orders or cut. 2 from South, 2 from Norwood and one from Eagles. Handy pick ups for Div 2. Even better if they are juniors or low pointers. Anyone confirm?

They'd be hoping they're all 0 pointers!
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1198 times
Been liked: 724 times

Postby Blackwhite » Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:36 am

SATCHEL wrote:I hear PAC have picked up FIVE league players who were given the marching orders or cut. 2 from South, 2 from Norwood and one from Eagles. Handy pick ups for Div 2. Even better if they are juniors or low pointers. Anyone confirm?

Names?
Blackwhite
Reserves

Postby Trader » Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:13 pm

Blackwhite wrote:

Names?

They've posted their A-grade squad (+ add ons) for a trial game they had last week on their website.
Take off the names that appeared in sporting pulse from last year and you get a list of ins roughly as follows:

Bailey T
Braund N
Choimes G
Clayfield D
Clayfield N
Hannemann C
Maney B
Noblett N
Papps B
Rees N
Sanders B
Sullivan H
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby Cohiba » Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:50 pm

Trader wrote:
Blackwhite wrote:

Names?

They've posted their A-grade squad (+ add ons) for a trial game they had last week on their website.
Take off the names that appeared in sporting pulse from last year and you get a list of ins roughly as follows:

Bailey T
Braund N
Choimes G
Clayfield D
Clayfield N
Hannemann C
Maney B
Noblett N
Papps B
Rees N
Sanders B
Sullivan H

I stand to be corrected if any of above are from the Souths, Norwood or the Eagles.
Cohiba
Reserves

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 41 times

Postby heater31 » Tue Mar 18, 2014 3:05 pm

Cohiba wrote:
Trader wrote:
Blackwhite wrote:

Names?

Bailey T
Braund N
Choimes G
Clayfield D
Clayfield N
Hannemann C
Maney B
Noblett N
Papps B
Rees N
Sanders B
Sullivan H

I stand to be corrected if any of above are from the Souths, Norwood or the Eagles.

Fairly certain Papps has played juniors and a little bit of Reserves Footy for the Eagles....
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League