SAAFL division 6 2014

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Who will win the division 6 grand final?

Angle Vale
3%
Blackfriars OS
7%
Central United
2%
Fitzroy
13%
Ingle Farm
10%
Lockleys
4%
Mawson Lakes
13%
Mitchell Park
6%
Rosewater
33%
West Croydon
8%

Total votes : 98

Re: SAAFL division 6 2014

Postby norm11 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:28 pm

Simple question , will Mitchell park have a team
Back to the creek it is.
norm11
League - Top 5

Has liked: 470 times
Been liked: 53 times

Postby woodublieve12 » Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:38 am

So will you be staying in D6???
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3025 times
Been liked: 2401 times

Postby Bombers4EVA » Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:38 am

morell wrote:
Bombers4EVA wrote:Hi Morell. How's it going at the den?

Hey matey.

Its going well.

Nah its no secret were struggling. Not sure on the details in regards to where we're heading just yet, a bit more water under the bridge I suspect.

Yanky would know more.

That's not good mate. Ive played many games against your club, especially in the A's and Ive found youo guys to be very competitive and also that the payers love playing for the club. I dont know whats happened but I think it will be a sad day if you guys fold. Hope you guys hang in there. Will you be sticking around this year?
Bombers4EVA
League - Best 21

Has liked: 326 times
Been liked: 89 times

Postby zedman » Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:29 am

i guess it shows that clubs can get into trouble based on a structure of paying lots of players OR paying nobody..FUFC is also an example of this right now..you have to build a culture the players want to be around no matter if you pay some or you dont..huge influxes of players isnt always healthy either as you can also see the same numbers leave just as quickly..stick at it yankman..i hope you can get that second side on the park..
zedman
Coach

Has liked: 1079 times
Been liked: 387 times

Postby Bombers4EVA » Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:36 am

zedman wrote:i guess it shows that clubs can get into trouble based on a structure of paying lots of players OR paying nobody..FUFC is also an example of this right now..you have to build a culture the players want to be around no matter if you pay some or you dont..huge influxes of players isnt always healthy either as you can also see the same numbers leave just as quickly..stick at it yankman..i hope you can get that second side on the park..

Exactly. I know from experience first hand how it feels to go from a high div with 2 side and lose a lot of players to ther clubs or retirement. We went to 1 side and into Div 10 at the time. We spent a few years down there ( won a premiership) and then after picking up quite a few players, we went to Div 7. Its alot of hard work to get your club out of that situation. But with the right people, right club culture and attitude, you'll find you will be going good again soon. Its hard to battle against any club that has a good financial backing and unfortunately players arent as loyal anymore as they were many years ago. But it happens and you have to adjust as good as you can.
Bombers4EVA
League - Best 21

Postby jo172 » Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:42 am

zedman wrote:i guess it shows that clubs can get into trouble based on a structure of paying lots of players OR paying nobody..FUFC is also an example of this right now..you have to build a culture the players want to be around no matter if you pay some or you dont..huge influxes of players isnt always healthy either as you can also see the same numbers leave just as quickly..stick at it yankman..i hope you can get that second side on the park..

I can never understand why Flinders Uni struggles, especially considering the Adelaide Uni experience.

Obviously Flinders Uni can't match the traditions, history, strength and depth of the Blacks, but with such a ready, captive pool of recruits you would think they should never struggle for numbers (and for that matter ability).
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1198 times
Been liked: 724 times

Postby The Riddler » Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:48 am

jo172 wrote:

I can never understand why Flinders Uni struggles, especially considering the Adelaide Uni experience.

Obviously Flinders Uni can't match the traditions, history, strength and depth of the Blacks, but with such a ready, captive pool of recruits you would think they should never struggle for numbers (and for that matter ability).

You're not going to get the good players at Flinders Uni playing Div 7 in a team that has struggled for years when they can go to the Southern League right next door for good $$$
The Riddler
League - Top 5

Has liked: 84 times
Been liked: 29 times

Postby Bombers4EVA » Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:49 am

Morning Riddler.
Bombers4EVA
League - Best 21

Postby The Riddler » Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:53 am

Bombers4EVA wrote:Morning Riddler.

Morning
The Riddler
League - Top 5

Postby wristwatcher » Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:11 am

The Riddler wrote:
jo172 wrote:

You're not going to get the good players at Flinders Uni playing Div 7 in a team that has struggled for years when they can go to the Southern League right next door for good $$$

I heard that it was a similar principle at Mawson Lakes. Wayne Knowles reckons they couldn't get a decent coach until they offered the big $ ;)
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 845 times

Postby The Riddler » Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:17 am

wristwatcher wrote:
The Riddler wrote:
jo172 wrote:

I heard that it was a similar principle at Mawson Lakes. Wayne Knowles reckons they couldn't get a decent coach until they offered the big $ ;)

Touche ;)
The Riddler
League - Top 5

Postby Bombers4EVA » Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:24 am

wristwatcher wrote:
The Riddler wrote:
jo172 wrote:

Leave the superstar alone. :D
Bombers4EVA
League - Best 21

Postby morell » Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:49 am

norm11 wrote:Simple question , will Mitchell park have a team
Yes.

woodublieve12 wrote:So will you be staying in D6???
Not sure.
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1141 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby Bombers4EVA » Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:53 am

morell wrote:
norm11 wrote:Simple question , will Mitchell park have a team
Yes.

woodublieve12 wrote:So will you be staying in D6???
Not sure.

Are you still playing this year whether it be with Mitchell Park or another team?
Bombers4EVA
League - Best 21

Postby morell » Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:56 am

Bombers4EVA wrote:
morell wrote:
Bombers4EVA wrote:Hi Morell. How's it going at the den?

Hey matey.

Its going well.

Nah its no secret were struggling. Not sure on the details in regards to where we're heading just yet, a bit more water under the bridge I suspect.

Yanky would know more.

That's not good mate. Ive played many games against your club, especially in the A's and Ive found youo guys to be very competitive and also that the payers love playing for the club. I dont know whats happened but I think it will be a sad day if you guys fold. Hope you guys hang in there. Will you be sticking around this year?
Thanks mate! Yeah its not one thing or even two or three things. Had a stack of retirements, a stack of kids who would rather munch disco biscuits at music festivals and a few guys who just wanted to try something different. Sucks that its sort of all happened at once.

There is still a core of half decent footballers who are passionate about the club. It will survive but we will probably have to look at how we structure the club internally, how we engage stakeholders, how we operate at the committee level, how we improve and encourage a healthy culture etc.

If we can hold on and survive until the current surge of juniors fills the seniors, the redevelopment of the complex and the Tonsley urban infill we will be right for many years to come.

Yeah I am playing. Unfortunately for all concerned except my direct opponent.
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1141 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby Bombers4EVA » Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:02 pm

Well I hope it works out for ya Morell. I hate seeing clubs that have been around for a long time closing their doors. Its a pity that amatuer football of today has turned into who has the most money that can afford to buy players. What ever happened to playing with the one club? Ive never played for any other team than St Pauls / Mawson Lakes. How many guys these days say that they have played over 200 games for one club? Not many.
Bombers4EVA
League - Best 21

Postby Arch44 » Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:05 pm

The Riddler wrote:

Morning

Coyote and Sheepdog?
Hogg Shield Div IV 2018 Winner
Arch44
League - Top 5

Has liked: 717 times
Been liked: 272 times

Postby The Riddler » Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:08 pm

Arch44 wrote:
The Riddler wrote:

Morning

Coyote and Sheepdog?

:lol:
The Riddler
League - Top 5

Postby Bombers4EVA » Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:12 pm

Straight over my head. :)
Bombers4EVA
League - Best 21

Postby happilyretired » Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:49 pm

FUFC have just written on their Facebook Public site that they have a trial this weekend @ Mitchell Park at 1pm

Might be 9 a side if all the player exit rumors are true...!!
happilyretired
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 2 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League