SAAFL division 6 2014

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Who will win the division 6 grand final?

Angle Vale
3%
Blackfriars OS
7%
Central United
2%
Fitzroy
13%
Ingle Farm
10%
Lockleys
4%
Mawson Lakes
13%
Mitchell Park
6%
Rosewater
33%
West Croydon
8%

Total votes : 98

Re: SAAFL division 6 2014

Postby Mr Beefy » Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:00 pm

Bombers4EVA wrote:Straight over my head. :)

Its actually a wolf who looks suspiciously similar to the coyote in the road runner
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 404 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby Bombers4EVA » Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:05 pm

Mr Beefy wrote:

Its actually a wolf who looks suspiciously similar to the coyote in the road runner

:-BD
Bombers4EVA
League - Best 21

Has liked: 326 times
Been liked: 89 times

Postby Yank Man » Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:19 pm

happilyretired wrote:FUFC have just written on their Facebook Public site that they have a trial this weekend @ Mitchell Park at 1pm

Might be 9 a side if all the player exit rumors are true...!!

More likely 25 versus 25.
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 316 times
Grassroots Team: Edwardstown

Postby Arch44 » Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:31 pm

Mr Beefy wrote:

Wasn't the original Wile.E.Coyote? Never known him as a wolf Mr B
Hogg Shield Div IV 2018 Winner
Arch44
League - Top 5

Has liked: 717 times
Been liked: 272 times

Postby woodublieve12 » Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:31 pm

Good to see Mitchell Park having a red hot crack at staying up...
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3016 times
Been liked: 2383 times

Postby lutz » Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:38 pm

morell wrote:
Bombers4EVA wrote:
morell wrote:
Bombers4EVA wrote:Hi Morell. How's it going at the den?

Hey matey.

Its going well.

Nah its no secret were struggling. Not sure on the details in regards to where we're heading just yet, a bit more water under the bridge I suspect.

Yanky would know more.

That's not good mate. Ive played many games against your club, especially in the A's and Ive found youo guys to be very competitive and also that the payers love playing for the club. I dont know whats happened but I think it will be a sad day if you guys fold. Hope you guys hang in there. Will you be sticking around this year?
Thanks mate! Yeah its not one thing or even two or three things. Had a stack of retirements, a stack of kids who would rather munch disco biscuits at music festivals and a few guys who just wanted to try something different. Sucks that its sort of all happened at once.

There is still a core of half decent footballers who are passionate about the club. It will survive but we will probably have to look at how we structure the club internally, how we engage stakeholders, how we operate at the committee level, how we improve and encourage a healthy culture etc.

If we can hold on and survive until the current surge of juniors fills the seniors, the redevelopment of the complex and the Tonsley urban infill we will be right for many years to come.

Yeah I am playing. Unfortunately for all concerned except my direct opponent.

Was there also an incident of infidelity which led to a divide within the football club?
lutz
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 16 times

Postby Mr Beefy » Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:49 pm

Arch44 wrote:
Mr Beefy wrote:

Ralph E. Wolf!
Ralph E. Wolf and Sam Sheepdog (E. like Ethelbert) are characters in a series of animated cartoons in the Warner Bros. Merrie Melodies series of cartoons. The characters were created by Chuck Jones, but here directed by Isadore "Friz" Freleng (as I. Freleng). This short was written by Melvin Millar and features music by Carl W. Stalling.[1]
Ralph Wolf (named after a Warner Bros. employee) has virtually the same character design as another Chuck Jones character, Wile E. Coyote—brown fur, wiry body, and huge ears, but with a red nose in place of the Coyote's black one; (usually) white eyes instead of Wile E.'s yellow; and, occasionally, a fang protruding from his mouth. He also shares the Coyote's appetite, and persistent use of Acme Corporation products, but he covets sheep instead of road runners and, when he speaks, doesn't have the upper-class accent or the egotistical bearing of the Coyote. Another crucial difference is that of personality: Ralph does not have the fanatical drive of the Coyote in pursuing his prey, preferring to abandon his chase at the end of the working day.
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 404 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:50 pm

lutz wrote:
morell wrote:Had a stack of retirements, a stack of kids who would rather munch disco biscuits at music festivals and a few guys who just wanted to try something different. Sucks that its sort of all happened at once.

Was there also an incident of infidelity which led to a divide within the football club?

That comes under the "Try something different" section :lol:
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Has liked: 402 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby Footy Chick » Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:53 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:Good to see Mitchell Park having a red hot crack at staying up...

That is good - but lets face it, where else where they going to go 3 weeks out from round 1? ;)
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby Bombers4EVA » Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:05 pm

Lets hope they succeed. But in reality, if you cant see yourselves fielding 2 sides every week. Wouldn't it be advisable to make the call soon and nominate for 1 side? Don't wanna go 6 rounds in and then start pulling out in the B's.
Bombers4EVA
League - Best 21

Postby Arch44 » Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:15 pm

Mr Beefy wrote:
Arch44 wrote:
Mr Beefy wrote:

Ralph E. Wolf!
Ralph E. Wolf and Sam Sheepdog (E. like Ethelbert) are characters in a series of animated cartoons in the Warner Bros. Merrie Melodies series of cartoons. The characters were created by Chuck Jones, but here directed by Isadore "Friz" Freleng (as I. Freleng). This short was written by Melvin Millar and features music by Carl W. Stalling.[1]
Ralph Wolf (named after a Warner Bros. employee) has virtually the same character design as another Chuck Jones character, Wile E. Coyote—brown fur, wiry body, and huge ears, but with a red nose in place of the Coyote's black one; (usually) white eyes instead of Wile E.'s yellow; and, occasionally, a fang protruding from his mouth. He also shares the Coyote's appetite, and persistent use of Acme Corporation products, but he covets sheep instead of road runners and, when he speaks, doesn't have the upper-class accent or the egotistical bearing of the Coyote. Another crucial difference is that of personality: Ralph does not have the fanatical drive of the Coyote in pursuing his prey, preferring to abandon his chase at the end of the working day.

:lol: It all makes sense now.
Hogg Shield Div IV 2018 Winner
Arch44
League - Top 5

Has liked: 717 times
Been liked: 272 times

Postby morell » Tue Mar 18, 2014 3:32 pm

lutz wrote:Was there also an incident of infidelity which led to a divide within the football club?
lolwut! Not that I'm aware of! Haha. We're all swingers anyway.
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1138 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby Bombers4EVA » Tue Mar 18, 2014 3:36 pm

morell wrote:
lutz wrote:Was there also an incident of infidelity which led to a divide within the football club?
lolwut! Not that I'm aware of! Haha. We're all swingers anyway.

Swingers are grinners :supz:
Bombers4EVA
League - Best 21

Postby Freo HeaveHo » Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:01 pm

Phantom Gossiper wrote:
lutz wrote:
morell wrote:Had a stack of retirements, a stack of kids who would rather munch disco biscuits at music festivals and a few guys who just wanted to try something different. Sucks that its sort of all happened at once.

The people that have left cause of the incident I'm guessing your referring to are of no loss to the club. " The other half " of whom I have huge respect for works tirelessly and a nicer person you would not meet
Freo HeaveHo
Reserves

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 14 times

Postby Yank Man » Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:05 pm

Freo HeaveHo wrote:
Phantom Gossiper wrote:
lutz wrote:

The people that have left cause of the incident I'm guessing your referring to are of no loss to the club. " The other half " of whom I have huge respect for works tirelessly and a nicer person you would not meet

And a close friend of mine for 20 years now, the reason I came to the Den. We've had a couple of D@M's and it's move on. BUT let's be real here, it was menial in the context of the club and is of little consequence to the real issue of where we are atm. To those involved, please move on guys, it happens in every club and has NOT divided the club. It's galvanised it. Thanks.
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 316 times
Grassroots Team: Edwardstown

Postby woodublieve12 » Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:31 am

Footy Chick wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:Good to see Mitchell Park having a red hot crack at staying up...

That is good - but lets face it, where else where they going to go 3 weeks out from round 1? ;)

I reckon you could change a couple of divs in 3 weeks ;)
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3016 times
Been liked: 2383 times

Postby Mythical Creature » Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:06 am

Iron Fist wrote:seen the rosewater game yesterday.
Was quite impressed with the way they went about it. Didnt know what to expect being div 6 but they looked similar in quality to div 4 sides from 2008-2009.
They didnt have a ruckman but still won there fair share from the middle and were missing Dylan frank (probably there best centreman) and also new recruit nick williams up forward who has a great set of hands. Plus others that I dont know as well Im guessing?
As long as they can keep there heads from swelling which I think the new coach may be able to stop they will be the team to beat this season
Having Nick come into the side gives them some very good options with both him and Shaun 'the diff' jacobsen being able to both play as a key forward or the key position of CHB.

Rosewater looked very good on Sunday. Great in the midfield and their field kicking was pretty good. They will do very well in this division this year, certainly played a lot better than a div 6 side.
Cheers for the jugs after the game.
Awesome new clubrooms, really like the big windows and the bar to lean on in front of them!
If you don't like it, change it. If you don't want to change it, it can't be that bad!
Mythical Creature
Veteran

Has liked: 189 times
Been liked: 237 times
Grassroots Team: United

Postby Slots It Through » Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:59 am

Mythical Creature wrote:
Was quite impressed with the way they went about it. Didnt know what to expect being div 6 but they looked similar in quality to div 4 sides from 2008-2009.
They didnt have a ruckman but still won there fair share from the middle and were missing Dylan frank (probably there best centreman) and also new recruit nick williams up forward who has a great set of hands. Plus others that I dont know as well Im guessing?
As long as they can keep there heads from swelling which I think the new coach may be able to stop they will be the team to beat this season
Having Nick come into the side gives them some very good options with both him and Shaun 'the diff' jacobsen being able to both play as a key forward or the key position of CHB.

Rosewater looked very good on Sunday. Great in the midfield and their field kicking was pretty good. They will do very well in this division this year, certainly played a lot better than a div 6 side.
Awesome new clubrooms, really like the big windows and the bar to lean on in front of them!

Speaking of Jugs after the games, Seaton are having their annual gentlemans evening this Sat night. Tickets are $100 for free beer and wine, during the shows , with nice ladies behind the bar as well.
Slots It Through
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Portland

Postby Bombers4EVA » Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:40 am

Slots It Through wrote:
Mythical Creature wrote:

Speaking of Jugs after the games, Seaton are having their annual gentlemans evening this Sat night. Tickets are $100 for free beer and wine, during the shows , with nice ladies behind the bar as well.

That's going to be a very messy night. :drinkers: :YMSICK:
Bombers4EVA
League - Best 21

Postby zedman » Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:19 am

Footy Chick wrote:Yeah I wouldn't think Harry highpants would go anywhere else to play!

Lockleys Great Southern Football League (SA) Georgiou, Harry Approved 2014-03-11 2014-03-16
zedman
Coach

Has liked: 1077 times
Been liked: 387 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League