Adelaide Plains Football League

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: Adelaide Plains Football League

Postby Ace of Spades » Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:06 pm

barrys antz wrote:
Ace of Spades wrote:
barrys antz wrote:I hear that o'donohue on the move from hummocks now aswell. How many have they lost compared to their gains. Did Turner stay after hunter pulled pin??

Turner pulled the pin the Monday night before hunter pulled the pin on the Tuesday morning. Leigh's been tossing it up for weeks and devised to go to Kapunda with Adam Turrell. Andrew Turrell's staying and the club picked up Phil Williams and Trinity from Paskaville, Tom Rowe after a couple years nursing a knee, a couple of past players are back too but yet to tell their current club/s so I'll kept that under my hat. I believe there are a few others too but I'll wait till the clearances come through. Josh Appleby, Brandon Taylor an Tait Nottle will get a crack and Shaun Light is leading the running.....

Ok would be good to see the kids play, but will they??
So mader, McKinnon, o'donohue, turrell, nitschke, hatcher, all gone.

The kids will play. We might need the points. A couple might be stuffed from getting 40 touches in the colts but they'll play.
Yep all gone as far as I'm aware, unless jack comes back for a holiday.
Ace of Spades
Reserves

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 30 times
Grassroots Team: Hummocks-Watchman

Postby Ace of Spades » Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:12 pm

Hazbeen wrote:Twelftree out for HWE as well, back to Cougars

Agh yes, Toddy gone too, gave us good service however, great bloke
Ace of Spades
Reserves

Postby Mythical Creature » Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:36 pm

Ace of Spades wrote:

A lot better service than the 1 year wonders mentioned earlier.
If you don't like it, change it. If you don't want to change it, it can't be that bad!
Mythical Creature
Veteran

Has liked: 189 times
Been liked: 237 times
Grassroots Team: United

Postby Lame Choice » Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:45 pm

Lame Choice wrote:
Nocyrils wrote:solly will go well. only problem will be is if united can get the ball to him. seen stribs running the uni loop the other night. looks very fit. will cop a lot of attention though. hopefully coach Herberle can teach the hamley boys to block and protect to free stribs up.
Mallala
two wells
hamley
virginia
untied
balak
hummcoks

my prediction

Mallala/Two Wells by the length of the straight.

Other predictions:
Hamley gone by year end.
Hummocks maybe one more year.

Problem is not lack of players - it's lack of cash.
"As long as I live, I will deny taking performance enhancing drugs" Lance Armstrong 2010
Lame Choice
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time

Postby Ace of Spades » Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:52 pm

Lame Choice wrote:
Lame Choice wrote:
Nocyrils wrote:solly will go well. only problem will be is if united can get the ball to him. seen stribs running the uni loop the other night. looks very fit. will cop a lot of attention though. hopefully coach Herberle can teach the hamley boys to block and protect to free stribs up.
Mallala
two wells
hamley
virginia
untied
balak
hummcoks

my prediction

Other predictions:
Hamley gone by year end.

Problem is more and more clubs paying average players decent coin and good players ridiculous coin
Ace of Spades
Reserves

Postby hotspur » Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:18 pm

A lot better service than the 1 year wonders mentioned earlier.
Perhaps there are lots of reasons players leave clubs, even after one year - look at Hambley - cash maybe a reason. The players who left Hummocks did give a lot to the club , so why just slag them off; what about other clubs?
I suggest the Hummocks committees coaching "brainfade" may have something to do with their problems???
hotspur
Under 16s

Been liked: 7 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby Hazbeen » Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:22 am

Ace of Spades wrote:

Always played well against Balak
Hazbeen
Veteran

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 122 times

Postby Mythical Creature » Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:56 am

hotspur wrote:A lot better service than the 1 year wonders mentioned earlier.
Perhaps there are lots of reasons players leave clubs, even after one year - look at Hambley - cash maybe a reason. The players who left Hummocks did give a lot to the club , so why just slag them off; what about other clubs?
I suggest the Hummocks committees coaching "brainfade" may have something to do with their problems???

Don't kid yourself. Nobody "gives a lot to the club" after one season.
If you don't like it, change it. If you don't want to change it, it can't be that bad!
Mythical Creature
Veteran

Postby RooShootOhh » Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:27 am

hotspur wrote:A lot better service than the 1 year wonders mentioned earlier.

What about Hamley...?
Apart from Greenwood, who has deserted them after one year?
Thach, Flynn, Hanson, Herbele are all there from 3 years ago, even Taylor stayed 2 years before he left.
And its funny that everyone thinks Hamleys problems are cash related, I know clubs in worse positions paying A LOT more money to individuals than Hamley.

The only thing Tuz would have done for HWE was boost the canteens pie and coke sales, and thats provided he didnt stop at the PT Wakefield bakery on the way in... Credit, he would have increased their JB sales at the bar afterwards too!

Lame Choice wrote:
Lame Choice wrote:
Mallala
two wells
hamley
virginia
untied
balak
hummcoks

my prediction

Other predictions:
Hamley gone by year end.

Yep, of course it is, heaps of locals are missing out on games due to paid players... lol
Ever thought the club is required to recruit players because there are no locals WANTING to play footy
RooShootOhh
Under 16s

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 40 times
Grassroots Team: Waikerie

Postby hotspur » Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:32 am

As a long serving player for one club, when I played I can agree with you. But there are lots of ways a player can serve a club in one year, and it's not just on the field.
Never had these players in your club MC?
hotspur
Under 16s

Postby Mythical Creature » Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:39 am

Correct. There are lots of ways to serve a club. But IMO to give "good service" you need to do it for more than one year. Who's going to remember a one year wonder in 5-10 years time?
Mythical Creature
Veteran

Postby Swamp Donkey » Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:49 am

hotspur wrote: There are lots of ways a player can serve a club in one year, and it's not just on the field.

I agree hotspur, but the guys who were at HWE last season clearly didn't. I'll stand corrected if you are able to confirm otherwise. These types are the guys that REALLY hurt struggling clubs.
Last edited by Swamp Donkey on Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Swamp Donkey
League - Top 5

Has liked: 112 times
Been liked: 129 times
Grassroots Team: Wunkar

Postby OnSong » Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:49 am

Mythical Creature wrote:Correct. There are lots of ways to serve a club. But IMO to give "good service" you need to do it for more than one year. Who's going to remember a one year wonder in 5-10 years time?

I wasn't here for Silky's six month stay but his legend lives on in Balaklava still.

Couldn't even tell you his real name. :lol:
Right in front of me. RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!
OnSong
Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 543 times

Postby barrys antz » Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:59 am

Did the departure of Cluse have anything to do with a few of these names moving on? Didn't he bring some of them with him.
barrys antz
Rookie

Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Tanunda

Postby hotspur » Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:04 am

I suppose you have to know what REALLY goes on in a club, to gauge a player's worth, both playing and off the field in volunteering roles; even what you drink at the bar.
Someone can be a lousy member for 2-3 years - some can do it in 1.
Never knew whether a player liked pies or whatever else was a guide to how well they played, even in I year .Still I'm glad to have stared a debate on the whole import idea though.
I'd say Clusey's leaving may be your answer Bazz, as well as Ricky Hunter's; both great coaches, one a great player.
hotspur
Under 16s

Postby jakovasaurus » Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:12 am

No need to worry anymore everybody. The best player in the league Zanandrea is signed, sealed and delivered at Hamley.

After long negotiations with the superstar a lucrative 9 year deal has been tabled and signed.
jakovasaurus
Under 18s

Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 130 times

Postby Mythical Creature » Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:17 am

OnSong wrote:
Mythical Creature wrote:Correct. There are lots of ways to serve a club. But IMO to give "good service" you need to do it for more than one year. Who's going to remember a one year wonder in 5-10 years time?

I wasn't here for Silky's six month stay but his legend lives on in Balaklava still.

Couldn't even tell you his real name. :lol:

Not even sure if he played a game or was any good. Pretty sure his housemate has nothing but positive thoughts for the guy! :D
Mythical Creature
Veteran

Postby Mythical Creature » Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:18 am

hotspur wrote:I suppose you have to know what REALLY goes on in a club, to gauge a player's worth, both playing and off the field in volunteering roles; even what you drink at the bar.
Someone can be a lousy member for 2-3 years - some can do it in 1.
Never knew whether a player liked pies or whatever else was a guide to how well they played, even in I year .Still I'm glad to have stared a debate on the whole import idea though.
I'd say Clusey's leaving may be your answer Bazz, as well as Ricky Hunter's; both great coaches, one a great player.

Probably fairly debateable at the minute I would think. :lol:
Mythical Creature
Veteran

Postby BOMBERS » Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:12 am

Roo, you forgot to mention Haseldine and Armstrong who along with greenwood left after 1 year.
The 3 mentioned were injured for parts of the year also which doesn't help.
The club has recruited the wrong people for a long time who have left after 1 year but most of Reds recruits have stuck around and even made team of the years, association teams, a mail medal winner and most importantly got the club off the bottom and playing finals.
It's unfortunate the club has gone back to its old ways and recruited 1 year wonders again because it really hurts a club in this day and age with the points system. I hope Stribling and Dowdell don't become another one of Hamleys 1 year recruits.

On hummocks.
I use to wish bad things on Joel Wilson and hummocks when they were so dominant in the early 2000's.
But really do feel sad to see a side who dominated for almost a decade struggling this badly.
We've had our lean trot and plenty of big losses and haven't seen any on field success for 10 years so know how hard it is to attract players to a struggling club for longer then a year.
Fingers crossed for the comp and for hummocks that they can recruit a good bunch of players to get them off the bottom of the ladder.
BOMBERS
Rookie

Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Hamley Bridge

Postby hairy cat » Wed Mar 19, 2014 2:08 pm

take my hat of to Balak,Two Wells and Mallala for giving juniors oportunity year on end you reap reward in time and save a bucket of cash in the process
hairy cat
Under 16s

Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 28 times
Grassroots Team: Kapunda

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy