Adelaide Plains Football League

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: Adelaide Plains Football League

Postby RooShootOhh » Wed Mar 19, 2014 2:47 pm

hairy cat wrote:take my hat of to Balak,Two Wells and Mallala for giving juniors oportunity year on end you reap reward in time and save a bucket of cash in the process

Easy when you have plenty of them to choose from!

I imagine United Hamley & Hummocks would love to go down that path, it becomes a little hard when there are littel to no kids in the town though.
RooShootOhh
Under 16s

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 40 times
Grassroots Team: Waikerie

Postby Hazbeen » Wed Mar 19, 2014 3:44 pm

Every club will give their best senior colts a run in the 1's if they are deserving of a spot.

All clubs are struggling to fill colts sides ( except probably Two Wells ) each week, I know Balak was using lower grade players to fill both colts teams last year, we don't have the luxury of private school or "college" kids qualifying in the holidays then coming back for finals like TW and Mallala.
Hazbeen
Veteran

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 122 times
Grassroots Team: Hummocks-Watchman

Postby magpieeagle » Wed Mar 19, 2014 3:46 pm

hairy cat wrote:take my hat of to Balak,Two Wells and Mallala for giving juniors oportunity year on end you reap reward in time and save a bucket of cash in the process

Wouldn't say that!!!!!
magpieeagle
Reserves

Has liked: 108 times
Been liked: 69 times

Postby Swamp Donkey » Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:13 pm

RooShootOhh wrote:

Easy when you have plenty of them to choose from!

I imagine United Hamley & Hummocks would love to go down that path, it becomes a little hard when there are littel to no kids in the town though.

Opportunities aren't handed to juniors just because these clubs have plenty of numbers. I'm pretty sure these kids earn their opportunties.
Those that don't train with the senior squad when they get the opportunity are probably less likley to get a gig in the seniors.

For interests sake, on average, how many senior colts ( and all clubs have senior colts) trained with the senior squad at Hamley and HWE during the summer? Steve Lubs at Mallala is extremely encouraging to the colts at Mallala and as a result we probably had between 3-8 colts attend sessions during pre-season. I think the kids benefit enormously from it too.
Swamp Donkey
League - Top 5

Has liked: 112 times
Been liked: 129 times
Grassroots Team: Wunkar

Postby magpieeagle » Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:35 pm

Two Wells Football & Netball Sporting Club >South Australia National Football League (SANFL) >Seccafien, Nik Approved 2014-03-04
magpieeagle
Reserves

Postby hairy cat » Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:54 pm

hey maggie why the interest in nik who cares he will play at virginia move on
hairy cat
Under 16s

Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 28 times
Grassroots Team: Kapunda

Postby magpieeagle » Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:30 pm

hairy cat wrote:hey maggie why the interest in nik who cares he will play at virginia move on

Because the quote earlier on was that he wasn't playing at WWTFC,i know he is at WWTFC U18s,just a few of you need to get facts before firing off,why your interest in APFL,you don't play here so who cares ya
magpieeagle
Reserves

Postby Nighthawk » Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:31 pm

magpieeagle wrote:
hairy cat wrote:hey maggie why the interest in nik who cares he will play at virginia move on

Because the quote earlier on was that he wasn't playing at WWTFC,i know he is at WWTFC U18s,just a few of you need to get facts before firing off,why your interest in APFL,you don't play here so who cares ya

So if you don't play in this league you shouldn't take any interest?
Nighthawk
Rookie

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 6 times

Postby wangas#4 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:27 am

Nighthawk wrote:
magpieeagle wrote:

So if you don't play in this league you shouldn't take any interest?

Well said magpieeagle and the two wells footy club fully supports Nik with him being down at WWTFC.
So get your facts right hairy cat. :lol:
wangas#4
Under 16s

Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Two Wells

Postby hairy cat » Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:01 am

you telling me wangas he wont end up at virginia?
hairy cat
Under 16s

Postby wangas#4 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:07 am

hairy cat wrote:you telling me wangas he wont end up at virginia?

Just saying Nik has had a good preseason with the WWTFC and I don't think he will be playing much country footy at all.
wangas#4
Under 16s

Grassroots Team: Two Wells

Postby hairy cat » Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:22 pm

hope the lad does well ripper kid
hairy cat
Under 16s

Postby UNCLE SAM » Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:02 am

BOMBERS wrote:Roo, you forgot to mention Haseldine and Armstrong who along with greenwood left after 1 year.
The 3 mentioned were injured for parts of the year also which doesn't help.
The club has recruited the wrong people for a long time who have left after 1 year but most of Reds recruits have stuck around and even made team of the years, association teams, a mail medal winner and most importantly got the club off the bottom and playing finals.
It's unfortunate the club has gone back to its old ways and recruited 1 year wonders again because it really hurts a club in this day and age with the points system. I hope Stribling and Dowdell don't become another one of Hamleys 1 year recruits.

On hummocks.
I use to wish bad things on Joel Wilson and hummocks when they were so dominant in the early 2000's.
But really do feel sad to see a side who dominated for almost a decade struggling this badly.
We've had our lean trot and plenty of big losses and haven't seen any on field success for 10 years so know how hard it is to attract players to a struggling club for longer then a year.
Fingers crossed for the comp and for hummocks that they can recruit a good bunch of players to get them off the bottom of the ladder.

Hearing some concerns on clubs future in the APFL on the forum and was thinking how could you have a comp without Hamley and Hummocks
I would think the BLG would not take any clubs apart from maybe Mallala so where would the other clubs end up-Balaklva in Northern Areas? Virginia and Two Wells in SAAFL? and United would fold as well or join with Mallala and form a strong team in the BLG?
Would hope the APFL folding is not an option but you have to look to the future.
UNCLE SAM
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 5 times
Grassroots Team: Tanunda

Postby Skip Dimes » Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:21 am

Looks like more frustration brought on by the situation out at Hummocks has claimed another walkout... this time the biggest name they could not afford to lose.
Skip Dimes
Rookie

Been liked: 7 times

Postby barrys antz » Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:32 am

Skip Dimes wrote:Looks like more frustration brought on by the situation out at Hummocks has claimed another walkout... this time the biggest name they could not afford to lose.

Surely Cicollela isn't leaving??
barrys antz
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Tanunda

Postby magpieeagle » Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:04 pm

UNCLE SAM wrote:
BOMBERS wrote:Roo, you forgot to mention Haseldine and Armstrong who along with greenwood left after 1 year.
The 3 mentioned were injured for parts of the year also which doesn't help.
The club has recruited the wrong people for a long time who have left after 1 year but most of Reds recruits have stuck around and even made team of the years, association teams, a mail medal winner and most importantly got the club off the bottom and playing finals.
It's unfortunate the club has gone back to its old ways and recruited 1 year wonders again because it really hurts a club in this day and age with the points system. I hope Stribling and Dowdell don't become another one of Hamleys 1 year recruits.

On hummocks.
I use to wish bad things on Joel Wilson and hummocks when they were so dominant in the early 2000's.
But really do feel sad to see a side who dominated for almost a decade struggling this badly.
We've had our lean trot and plenty of big losses and haven't seen any on field success for 10 years so know how hard it is to attract players to a struggling club for longer then a year.
Fingers crossed for the comp and for hummocks that they can recruit a good bunch of players to get them off the bottom of the ladder.

Hearing some concerns on clubs future in the APFL on the forum and was thinking how could you have a comp without Hamley and Hummocks
I would think the BLG would not take any clubs apart from maybe Mallala so where would the other clubs end up-Balaklva in Northern Areas? Virginia and Two Wells in SAAFL? and United would fold as well or join with Mallala and form a strong team in the BLG?
Would hope the APFL folding is not an option but you have to look to the future.

Na doubt that would ever happen,the future is the future but i think senior footy will survive
magpieeagle
Reserves

Postby magpieeagle » Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:05 pm

Mallala V CMS Crows 2.30pm at Mallala,6Q football
magpieeagle
Reserves

Postby Best Off Ground » Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:08 pm

How'd they go magpie? Better players??
Best Off Ground

Postby magpieeagle » Sun Mar 23, 2014 5:09 pm

Best Off Ground wrote:How'd they go magpie? Better players??

All play pretty well,score,no idea,king was good as well as joel as usual,bates did some good things,still trying to figure out the new boys,kenny was one who played alright and that earl still got his touches,was good to see the colts of good/Wilson/clothier take the senior footy in there stride,they will only get better,still counted 7-8 A grade out, and that great United trainer looking after them
magpieeagle
Reserves

Postby westy » Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:48 pm

magpieeagle wrote:
Best Off Ground wrote:How'd they go magpie? Better players??

All play pretty well,score,no idea,king was good as well as joel as usual,bates did some good things,still trying to figure out the new boys,kenny was one who played alright and that earl still got his touches,was good to see the colts of good/Wilson/clothier take the senior footy in there stride,they will only get better,still counted 7-8 A grade out, and that great United trainer looking after them

Was there a score. How did the crow's look.
westy
Under 18s

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 12 times
Grassroots Team: Kadina

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy