River Murray Football League talk

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: River Murray Football League talk

Postby words of wisdom » Sun Mar 09, 2014 12:38 pm

Old Blue New Tiger wrote:Interesting to hear that one of the high paid recruits has openly said " I am getting paid more than I am worth , BUT I will take it " , that's the trouble when Clubs open the wallets and don't do their homework. And that is typical across country footy , absolute joke what some of the blokes are getting paid.

That doesn't really narrow it down, there's heaps of them - care to elaborate?
words of wisdom
League - Best 21

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 19 times
Grassroots Team: Mt Burr

Postby been there done that » Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:21 pm

Any news on whos playing who in trial games?
been there done that
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby From The Outer » Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:20 pm

Imps were quite impressive Friday nigh with a young group beating Onkas by about 7 goals. We have certainly lost a few and I think it will be a tough year but there were some good signs.
From The Outer
Under 16s

Been liked: 6 times
Grassroots Team: Imperials

Postby grasshopper22 » Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:07 pm

From The Outer wrote:Imps were quite impressive Friday nigh with a young group beating Onkas by about 7 goals. We have certainly lost a few and I think it will be a tough year but there were some good signs.

Going by the clearances you blokes have only lost 2 players, this happens to every other club atleast yr in yr out, I expect you to be right up there like previous years.
grasshopper22
Reserves

Has liked: 84 times
Been liked: 23 times

Postby biffboy » Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:23 pm

grasshopper22 wrote:
From The Outer wrote:Imps were quite impressive Friday nigh with a young group beating Onkas by about 7 goals. We have certainly lost a few and I think it will be a tough year but there were some good signs.

Going by the clearances you blokes have only lost 2 players, this happens to every other club atleast yr in yr out, I expect you to be right up there like previous years.

I reckon they have lost more than the clearances are showing. Pretty sure we have had a couple clearances go thru our club that aren't up yet, don't know why but its kinda annoying not knowing where everyone is at
biffboy
Under 16s

Been liked: 9 times
Grassroots Team: Ramblers

Postby grasshopper22 » Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:25 pm

biffboy wrote:
grasshopper22 wrote:

I reckon they have lost more than the clearances are showing. Pretty sure we have had a couple clearances go thru our club that aren't up yet, don't know why but its kinda annoying not knowing where everyone is at

Care to share biff?
grasshopper22
Reserves

Postby From The Outer » Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:30 pm

Grasshopper. Only three show up in Harrowfield Wait and Kowald but Eyre and Seyers have retired and Smith and Kenny have not yet committed as well as 4 or 5 good mid range A grade players have decided not to play. 7 premiership players and a host of Mail Medals, BandFs and leading goalkicking awards. I would say that is not a normal happening in any club. It will be a year of development and if Sumner can get the club into the top three he will have done really well.
From The Outer
Under 16s

Postby grasshopper22 » Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:57 pm

From The Outer wrote:Grasshopper. Only three show up in Harrowfield Wait and Kowald but Eyre and Seyers have retired and Smith and Kenny have not yet committed as well as 4 or 5 good mid range A grade players have decided not to play. 7 premiership players and a host of Mail Medals, BandFs and leading goalkicking awards. I would say that is not a normal happening in any club. It will be a year of development and if Sumner can get the club into the top three he will have done really well.

Well how many times has Sayers retired now? And I can only go bye the clearances, until we see otherwise it's all hearsay. I still predict you will be around the mark, imps have unreal depth. You don't win 5 reserves flags in a row for no reason.There's been players waiting for an opportunity for years, and it now seems as though they will get that chance. And I'm sure they will grab that opportunity with both hands.

Also just putting it out there I don't think you will get any sympathy from any rival club around the league. As most clubs have these battles year in year out of just trying to be competitive.
grasshopper22
Reserves

Postby From The Outer » Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:50 am

Don't think anybody at Imps is looking for sympathy. I think the general mood is one of excitement knowing that a lot of young players are going to get an opportunity to further develop their game. I was just stating the facts.
From The Outer
Under 16s

Postby Ramrod » Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:34 am

Having a look at the clearances from this comp and its clear to me that the top 5 will have a shake up this year, here is my prediction.
Mypo
Mannum
Jervois
Imps
Ramblers/ Meningie
Dont Hate me cause you Aint me.
Ramrod
Rookie

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 10 times

Postby Ramrod » Wed Mar 19, 2014 3:35 pm

Read Dalwoods article regarding ramblers and if i am a supporter i am slightly concerned with them due to the lack of recruiting. Im all for sticking with the locals, however when other clubs have recruited well, it makes it very difficult. I can see a similar situation here at Imps. we got some good kids but i fear we might be bullied around at times. Only time will tell, bring on round 1
Ramrod
Rookie

Postby biffboy » Wed Mar 19, 2014 3:52 pm

Ramrod wrote:Read Dalwoods article regarding ramblers and if i am a supporter i am slightly concerned with them due to the lack of recruiting. Im all for sticking with the locals, however when other clubs have recruited well, it makes it very difficult. I can see a similar situation here at Imps. we got some good kids but i fear we might be bullied around at times. Only time will tell, bring on round 1

Not all that concerned, we should be around the same ability wise as last year but a lot will depend on other teams recruiting

We will regain Altmann to take Rumbles spot, Sutcliffe should cover Kay to a certain extent, Carter will take over Cheers wing position & Margitich has been replaced by a similar style midfielder. Our positives are the groups fitness, well above last years level at this stage however we have lost some depth with fringe/reserves players moving on but so have Imps & Mannum
biffboy
Under 16s

Postby grasshopper22 » Sat Mar 22, 2014 9:09 am

What trial games are happening around the place over the next couple of weeks?
grasshopper22
Reserves

Postby Footy Chick » Sat Mar 22, 2014 8:45 pm

a massive thank you to the good folk out at Meningie for their hospitality and of course the game today. That's one beautiful looking oval you've got there!
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby Rama_Army09 » Sun Mar 23, 2014 4:34 pm

Footy Chick wrote:a massive thank you to the good folk out at Meningie for their hospitality and of course the game today. That's one beautiful looking oval you've got there!

how did the new meningie recruits go?
To Finish First, You First Need To Finish!!
Rama_Army09
Under 16s

Been liked: 3 times

Postby grasshopper22 » Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:50 pm

Rama_Army09 wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:a massive thank you to the good folk out at Meningie for their hospitality and of course the game today. That's one beautiful looking oval you've got there!

how did the new meningie recruits go?

only a couple of the new guys played, but those that did looked good
grasshopper22
Reserves

Postby Secondsquare » Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:19 pm

Imps went down in there trial game against myponga and I believe they didn't have that many out either! Don't c them to be the force they have been this year like they have been the last ten years! Jervois had a good win against Kingston , but prob lack a bit of tall timber! Mannum won there trial on the weekend and have added a couple solid players to replace the couple they have lost!
Secondsquare

Been liked: 4 times

Postby biffboy » Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:25 am

Secondsquare wrote:Imps went down in there trial game against myponga and I believe they didn't have that many out either! Don't c them to be the force they have been this year like they have been the last ten years! Jervois had a good win against Kingston , but prob lack a bit of tall timber! Mannum won there trial on the weekend and have added a couple solid players to replace the couple they have lost!

Interesting hearing that about Imps, was only talking to a mate Friday & he was talking them & their kids up a definite top 3 and serious contenders. I have my doubts tho, you cant lose that many quality players without replacing them & expect to be around the same level

Ramblers stiched up Langhornes in a extremely fast game of footy. Thommo, Gogel & the Pfeiffer trio were pretty impressive while Liam O'neil looks back to his best. I'm excited for round one to see what Mypo throw at us to see where abouts we are. I expect them to improve with some quality imports listed however they may be lacking a bit defensively
biffboy
Under 16s

Postby Ramrod » Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:43 am

biffboy wrote:
Secondsquare wrote:Imps went down in there trial game against myponga and I believe they didn't have that many out either! Don't c them to be the force they have been this year like they have been the last ten years! Jervois had a good win against Kingston , but prob lack a bit of tall timber! Mannum won there trial on the weekend and have added a couple solid players to replace the couple they have lost!

Interesting hearing that about Imps, was only talking to a mate Friday & he was talking them & their kids up a definite top 3 and serious contenders. I have my doubts tho, you cant lose that many quality players without replacing them & expect to be around the same level

Ramblers stiched up Langhornes in a extremely fast game of footy. Thommo, Gogel & the Pfeiffer trio were pretty impressive while Liam O'neil looks back to his best. I'm excited for round one to see what Mypo throw at us to see where abouts we are. I expect them to improve with some quality imports listed however they may be lacking a bit defensively

have heard around the traps Liam O'neil is the new on field assistant coach. is this true? Is River Murray Football that quick you need a Coach, Assistant Coaches, Captains, Vice Captains and an On field Assistant? Or is it a case of big noting yourself. Not sure but will be interesting to see how they go with everyone having there own say. Cant wait to see this trainwreck play against us. Prove who is the best team in the Bridge.
Ramrod
Rookie

Postby biffboy » Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:56 am

Ramrod wrote:
biffboy wrote:

have heard around the traps Liam O'neil is the new on field assistant coach. is this true? Is River Murray Football that quick you need a Coach, Assistant Coaches, Captains, Vice Captains and an On field Assistant? Or is it a case of big noting yourself. Not sure but will be interesting to see how they go with everyone having there own say. Cant wait to see this trainwreck play against us. Prove who is the best team in the Bridge.

Don't know where you heard that one Ramrod, sounds like a load of baloney to me
biffboy
Under 16s

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy