Southern Football League

A forum dedicated to the Southern Football League!

Re: Southern Football League

Postby tigerpie » Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:48 am

woodublieve12 wrote:
Boof wrote:Can't see the extra points being of much use to the Shoes this close to round 1.
For so many players to leave something is obviously wrong at Noarlunga, the abusive coach maybe?

Any chance the draw for the juniors will be announced before round 1?
Rumour has it several clubs are struggling for numbers in the 16s & 18s.
If that proves to be correct, it's a huge concern.

then why need them???

Also with all these points the league have, why aren't they benig used for the lower clubs, to hopefully build a stronger comp?

Now that would be a common sense approach, but its not that common in the SFL hierachy.
Also these point attracting players come at an inflated price thanks to the cashed up country leagues and these clubs may not be able to afford said players.
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 500 times
Been liked: 431 times

Postby woodublieve12 » Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:50 am

tigerpie wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:
Boof wrote:Can't see the extra points being of much use to the Shoes this close to round 1.
For so many players to leave something is obviously wrong at Noarlunga, the abusive coach maybe?

then why need them???

Also with all these points the league have, why aren't they benig used for the lower clubs, to hopefully build a stronger comp?

Now that would be a common sense approach, but its not that common in the SFL hierachy.
Also these point attracting players come at an inflated price thanks to the cashed up country leagues and these clubs may not be able to afford said players.

verty true, but at least it gives them the option... What is the point allocations at the moment. In the SAAFL it's 15, is the SFL the same?
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3025 times
Been liked: 2401 times

Postby Look Good In Leather » Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:48 am

woodublieve12 wrote:
tigerpie wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:

then why need them???

verty true, but at least it gives them the option... What is the point allocations at the moment. In the SAAFL it's 15, is the SFL the same?

They want to change it to 9, with the bottom clubs getting 15
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby lion heart » Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:52 am

happilyretired wrote:Trial game results from the weekend?

Hackham gave Mclaren a touch up in both grades i heard. Looking at the clearances, they have 25 ins so far (obviously not are all A graders or even seniors) but good signs for the Hawks.

Marion also have some quality ins, how have they been faring in trial games?
O’Sullivan Beach F.C Est. 1975
Lonsdale F.C Est. 1977
O’Sullivan Beach/Lonsdale F.C Est. 2001
Premierships
A-Grade ~ 5
Reserves ~ 5
Juniors ~ 17
lion heart
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 62 times
Grassroots Team: OSB Lonsdale

Postby pantherman » Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:29 pm

finals fever wrote:

Abusive???
I think everyone was sick and tired of hearing the same crap every year. 4 years at the helm and still playing the same brand of footy, "kick it up the line to Comer and then pump it long to Golding". That can only hold up for so long. The coach is still stuck in the 80's and been left behind...

Why so negative towards the Shoes FF??? Everything you comment on is directed negatively at them with nothing else to say. It almost like sour grapes... Why the grudge against Noarlunga??
pantherman

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 7 times

Postby mots02 » Tue Mar 18, 2014 3:20 pm

The latest decision by the SFL Board is typical of their knee-jerk reaction style of managment over the past few years.

Someone comes to them and complains or crys poor and they make a decision to 'help', whilst totally ignoring the basic principal of why the points system was brought in, in the first place.... ie to bring up your own players within your club - the fact that any club loses multiple players in one season is not a good enough reason to grant extra points - make them re-build within the rules and the system that everyone complys with.

But the board have to be seen to be pro-active in some areas i guess... no action on the future directions committee recomendations, no action on 2 divisions, continual threat to disafiliate with the CFL without action... gotta make your mark somewhere! so lets hand out unnessary extra points to a couple of clubs each year - that'll make us look like we're getting stuff done!
mots02
League - Top 5

Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 877 times
Grassroots Team: Reynella

Postby Oldman Munga » Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:28 pm

pantherman wrote:
finals fever wrote:

Abusive???
I think everyone was sick and tired of hearing the same crap every year. 4 years at the helm and still playing the same brand of footy, "kick it up the line to Comer and then pump it long to Golding". That can only hold up for so long. The coach is still stuck in the 80's and been left behind...

Why so negative towards the Shoes FF??? Everything you comment on is directed negatively at them with nothing else to say. It almost like sour grapes... Why the grudge against Noarlunga??

Reckon he might have been told to shove off from the Shoes at some stage, certainly doesnt mind taking pot-shots at us ,
Oldman Munga
Rookie

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 13 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Oldman Munga » Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:47 pm

I doubt as some posts have suggested that Noarlunga have lost the amount of players they have because Trevor is an abusive Coach , Once in my 5 yrs @ the club have I seen one spray that I considered over the top or uncalled for , love him or hate him Trev has been a great servant of the club , is very thorough in his preparation and quite forthright and honest in his assessment of team and player perfomances , dont think for one second that I am one of Trevs yesmen , couldnt be further from the truth , we have banged heads on more than one occasion and no doubt will disagree on future issues , to blame him for the Exodus from NFC is both cheap and ill informed .
Some have retired , some have returned to former clubs , some have gone chasing better $$ on offer , some maybe see that Trev can't take the club further and some have simply gone elsewhere because they lack the bottle to Step Up and are Sh*t Scared of having to put in the HARD YARDS required to take the club forward
Regardless we will do the best we can with what we got ,
SEE YOU LOT @ THE FOOTY
Oldman Munga
Rookie

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 13 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby finals fever » Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:18 am

pantherman wrote:
finals fever wrote:

Abusive???

Apologies for the negative comments - I'm just commenting and relaying the message from what i hear from players that have now left the club and players that are still involved with the club.
finals fever

Been liked: 4 times
Grassroots Team: Mt Compass

Postby mirror#3 » Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:30 am

finals fever wrote:
pantherman wrote:
finals fever wrote:

Abusive???

Apologies for the negative comments - I'm just commenting and relaying the message from what i hear from players that have now left the club and players that are still involved with the club.

Abusive is well and truly off the mark. In my opinion, on occasions he could have made players more accountable and demanded more on and off the field.
mirror#3
Rookie

Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby Mister Footy » Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:54 pm

latest word coming out of the valley is NPG may not be returning to Lofty - only time will tell which club he ends up at. Currently on an overseas holiday.

Scott McKenzie has also not been reappointed as captain which I am sure alot will get joy out of hearing - this apparently has isnt because the club is punishing him for the incident in the finals last year. Want to relieve pressure on him and he will miss several weeks with suspension so needed an onfield leader. Probably good time to give another bloke a go and Dom Alvino has been given the job. Great bloke Dom and comes from a great Viking family with his Dad Gino our secretary for several years.

First trial game on weekend against Tee Tree Gully
Mister Footy
Under 18s

Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 28 times
Grassroots Team: Happy Valley

Postby Keyser Soze » Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:35 am

Few trials on this weekend?

MVP v Payenham/N
Flaggies v onka valley

Are/Did Brighton v shoes in a trial?
Keyser Soze
Rookie

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 10 times

Postby happilyretired » Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:21 am

Did most clubs play their last trials on the weekend?

what were some results?
happilyretired
Rookie

Been liked: 2 times

Postby tigerpie » Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:23 am

Reynella lost by 6 against Blackwood, with 6 or 7 better players out.
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 500 times
Been liked: 431 times

Postby Front & Centre » Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:06 am

Can anyone confirm who the coach is for the Christies Beach U 18s is this year? Have heard lots of players being approached to play for this team and this morning heard that they may have appointed a coach that has been not reappointed by a couple of different SFL clubs including Happy Valley. For the Saints sake hope this rumour is incorrect
Last edited by Front & Centre on Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Front & Centre
Rookie

Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 12 times

Postby mrp2626 » Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:16 pm

G'Day All, I'm new to the forum.

With round one fast approaching, I am wondering how all the trial games have gone?!
Interesting result re: Reynella....

I heard Brighton Pushed Pt District for 3 gtrs, but went down by about 6 goals. But they pretty easily accounted for the shoes a week ago.

Any other Results?! Valleys?? MVP??
mrp2626
Mini-League

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 6 times
Grassroots Team: Brighton District & OS

Postby afc9798 » Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:58 pm

mrp2626 wrote:G'Day All, I'm new to the forum.

With round one fast approaching, I am wondering how all the trial games have gone?!
Interesting result re: Reynella....

I heard Brighton Pushed Pt District for 3 gtrs, but went down by about 6 goals. But they pretty easily accounted for the shoes a week ago.

Any other Results?! Valleys?? MVP??

Valleys played Tea Tree Gully. Really good hitouts. 18's won, B's and A's lost. A Grade were very competitive for 3/4 but got blown away in the last. Played about 5 under 18's in the A's, so not a bad result. TTG a very impressive team.
afc9798
Reserves

Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 47 times

Postby Down the Hill » Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:19 pm

How are clubs going with Under 18's numbers. Record nominations this year with 13 teams (only Lonsdale don't have a team and Noarlunga and Aldinga are playing as a merged Under 18 team) but I understand that many clubs are still struggling with numbers. Christies Beach have good numbers and shaping as a strong squad which is good for the comp provided their coach stops trying to poach players from other clubs when he already has plenty to work with. And I assume HV and FH are pretty good with numbers but I've heard a real challenge for the remaining clubs.

At Brighton we have a total squad of 25 or 26 at the moment but have 10 training at the Bays and 3 at South and it appears that 6 or 7 of these will get a regular game at those clubs so we will have a real battle getting 18 (let alone 22) on the park come Round 1 and even tougher when we lose a few to college football which will also drain off some more to the SANFL clubs who have to cover for college losses. Obviously we are trying to pick up some more players but its going to be tough. A change to Under 17 Senior Colts can't come soon enough in my book.
Down the Hill
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 276 times
Grassroots Team: Brighton District & OS

Postby cracka » Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:45 pm

How many SFL clubs have C grades. We hosted Flaggies on Saturday & a young lad from them said there are only a couple of SFL clubs that have the numbers for a C grade & that they would look at joining the HFL C grade comp. I've emailed the HFL & suggested a combined C grade comp, what's the thoughts from down south.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 461 times
Been liked: 566 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby stampy » Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:40 pm

Front & Centre wrote:Can anyone confirm who the coach is for the Christies Beach U 18s is this year? Have heard lots of players being approached to play for this team and this morning heard that they may have appointed a coach that has been sacked by a couple of different SFL clubs including Happy Valley. For the Saints sake hope this rumour is incorrect

mal ralph is cbfc 18s coach
Go The Tiges!!!
stampy
Coach

Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 333 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  SFL