Eric 2014

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: Eric 2014

Postby Bounce of the ball » Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:37 pm

dedja wrote:
Pseudo wrote:
dedja wrote:I'd rather spend a weekend locked up with Bevan Spencer von Einem and his mates than taking out another team's membership, but that's me.

I'd rather spend a weekend locked up with another team's membership than take out BSVE and his mates...

Except the Groggies, gotta draw the line somewhere ...

I think bringing in extremely sensitive and sick posts is a disgrace. You low life . You scumbag. You should be ashamed of yourself . It's a footy forum ,why don't you trying posting footy comments . His posts should be deleted they are disgraceful. Post about footy if you have the ability.
Bounce of the ball
Reserves

Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 65 times

Postby Apachebulldog » Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:49 pm

My friend the Centurion bring out your legions and unleash Eric The Gladiator.

I vote for Eric Banner to star once again but this time nationally at all televised AFL RESERVES games.

OH thats right all AFL games will be televised the takeover has started.

Show the rage is still out there however it seems some fans on here have bent over and bared their buttocks a little further and are starting to accept the takeover.

All i can say you are gutless and have been seduced by this contagion !!!!!
SANFL 2000 - 2011 Central District 12 consecutive Grand Final appearances and 9 Premierships.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFFFFFFFFFF.

Hit em hard let them get up and hit em again.
Apachebulldog
League - Best 21

Has liked: 381 times
Been liked: 115 times

Postby dedja » Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:50 pm

johntheclaret wrote:And now we eat our own.

I was more against it than you, ......FFS .
It's happened and no one listened. Repeat NO ONE listened. Every real fan read the bullshit and every real fan knew in their heart of hearts that the SANFL was going to accept AFL reserves.

There is no point fingering North fans, or Norwood fans or any other fans for that matter. Everyone knew what the outcome was going to be and anyone who thought otherwise was just being deluded.

So it's here and that is it. So get off your arses and support your SANFL team and don"t let these buggers win. I love North and despite what has happened and who voted for what, I still love my team. I can't help it, North are my team.

And I live 13,876 miles from Prospect.

Great post JTC ...
It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt
dedja
Coach

Has liked: 176 times
Been liked: 992 times

Postby Bounce of the ball » Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:56 pm

lol .....PEDDO LOVER .....
Bounce of the ball
Reserves

Postby Bounce of the ball » Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:59 pm

dedja wrote:
johntheclaret wrote:And now we eat our own.

I was more against it than you, ......FFS .
It's happened and no one listened. Repeat NO ONE listened. Every real fan read the bullshit and every real fan knew in their heart of hearts that the SANFL was going to accept AFL reserves.

There is no point fingering North fans, or Norwood fans or any other fans for that matter. Everyone knew what the outcome was going to be and anyone who thought otherwise was just being deluded.

So it's here and that is it. So get off your arses and support your SANFL team and don"t let these buggers win. I love North and despite what has happened and who voted for what, I still love my team. I can't help it, North are my team.

And I live 13,876 miles from Prospect.

Great post JTC ...

Nice dodge sweety. You sick thing. Fancy bringing criminal sick elements on a footy forum.
Bounce of the ball
Reserves

Postby therisingblues » Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:44 pm

I reckon if we start boycotting games to spite the AFL, we'll end up harming the SANFL more.
The kids that'll come along will see the paltry attendances from the SANFL clubs and then believe that the AFL was right to take over such a "lame" competition.
The SANFL sometimes has great atmosphere and real passion, unfortunately a boycott will more rob us of this huge positive more than it will send a message that we are unhappy with the AFL reserves entries.
I think a roaring mob waving Eric at SANFL games, contrasted with their sedate AFL counterparts would be a better alternative, and would at least offer a chance of winning interest in the comp from some of the newcomers who may or may not attend.
I'm gonna sit back, crack the top off a Pale Ale, and watch the Double Blues prevail
1915, 1919, 1926, 1932, 1940, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1974, 1976, 2002, 2016, 2017
therisingblues
Coach

Has liked: 369 times
Been liked: 514 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Wedgie » Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:47 am

If I can get through North games under Daniel Healey and some West games under Collins then a couple of new teams is a piece of piss.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2042 times
Been liked: 3887 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby UK Fan » Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:11 am

therisingblues wrote:I reckon if we start boycotting games to spite the AFL, we'll end up harming the SANFL more.
The kids that'll come along will see the paltry attendances from the SANFL clubs and then believe that the AFL was right to take over such a "lame" competition.
The SANFL sometimes has great atmosphere and real passion, unfortunately a boycott will more rob us of this huge positive more than it will send a message that we are unhappy with the AFL reserves entries.
I think a roaring mob waving Eric at SANFL games, contrasted with their sedate AFL counterparts would be a better alternative, and would at least offer a chance of winning interest in the comp from some of the newcomers who may or may not attend.

Wedgie wrote:If I can get through North games under Daniel Healey and some West games under Collins then a couple of new teams is a piece of piss.

This is exactly what Trigg and Olsen want you to do!!!! They are banking on you being mindless sheep like crows fans.

there are other ways to get behind your club than attending games as stated. Go and buy a meal once a month, watch the telecast game from your club and have a beer/punt. Be smart about it, and let your club know ill start attending games when you get rid of them at the annual reviews.

Do you honestly think they are going to let Eric be displayed all year ?? Trigg will complain and Chris Davies will jump up and ban it within 4 rounds.

I am not and have not advocated hurting your club. It's about showing the league and its decision makers turn your back on your fans and we will turn our back on you.

Stand up and Show the LEAGUE you don't approve FFS!!!. You attending games makes the club $150 a year. You can easily replace that $$$$ and show the league the two clubs in our comp is UNACCEPTABLE !!!!

This commission/cowards in charge of our clubs aren't going to be in charge forever. New people in charge will see and know what is wrong!!

Stop fighting now. trigg/Olsen wins.
fester69 wrote: I'm full of "pish and wind" !!You can call me weak !!

MW wrote: Well call me a special asshole!.

Booney wrote: I'm a happy clapper **** stick.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Has liked: 1202 times
Been liked: 502 times

Postby woodublieve12 » Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:50 am

"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3025 times
Been liked: 2401 times

Postby twosheds » Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:53 am

therisingblues wrote:I reckon if we start boycotting games to spite the AFL, we'll end up harming the SANFL more.

I don't think too many people are suggesting a general boycott, just the AFL reserves games, why watch a game where one team is being manipulated to not necessarily win.
Surely the much vaunted 4,000 sheep will cover catering/bar revenue shortfalls !
Get your own Arts Show ya fairy !
twosheds
Under 16s

Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 18 times

Postby whufc » Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:54 am

UK Fan wrote:

Wedgie wrote:If I can get through North games under Daniel Healey and some West games under Collins then a couple of new teams is a piece of piss.

This is exactly what Trigg and Olsen want you to do!!!! They are banking on you being mindless sheep like crows fans.

there are other ways to get behind your club than attending games as stated. Go and buy a meal once a month, watch the telecast game from your club and have a beer/punt. Be smart about it, and let your club know ill start attending games when you get rid of them at the annual reviews.

Do you honestly think they are going to let Eric be displayed all year ?? Trigg will complain and Chris Davies will jump up and ban it within 4 rounds.

I am not and have not advocated hurting your club. It's about showing the league and its decision makers turn your back on your fans and we will turn our back on you.

Stand up and Show the LEAGUE you don't approve FFS!!!. You attending games makes the club $150 a year. You can easily replace that $$$$ and show the league the two clubs in our comp is UNACCEPTABLE !!!!

This commission/cowards in charge of our clubs aren't going to be in charge forever. New people in charge will see and know what is wrong!!

Agree I will be spending the majority of away games at grand central having lunch, beer and bets.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5588 times
Been liked: 2527 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Wedgie » Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:12 am

UK Fan wrote:This is exactly what Trigg and Olsen want you to do!!!! They are banking on you being mindless sheep like crows fans.

You know what?
I don't care what Trigg and Olden think, I'm sure they don't care what I think.
If I did and stayed away I'd be a sheep then.
Move on mate, your stance and a couple of others in the minority has gone from admirable to very boring.
Only sheep I've seen at SANFL games are those who go from end to end but they've been missing for a while, I always looked for a shepherd at the back at they bleated away. :lol:
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby whufc » Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:18 am

Wedgie wrote:
UK Fan wrote:This is exactly what Trigg and Olsen want you to do!!!! They are banking on you being mindless sheep like crows fans.

You know what?
Move on mate, your stance and a couple of others in the minority has gone from admirable to very boring.
Only sheep I've seen at SANFL games are those who go from end to end but they've been missing for a while, I always looked for a shepherd at the back at they bleated away. :lol:

Oops small fat fingers on phone didnt mean to like that post, the opposite in fact.

Geez UkFan how dare u not bend over and take it up the ass quietly after you failed to shrug of big bad bubby.

It's great to see someone stick by their word and stand for something they care about.

It's far to common to see in our current society people kick up a fuss about something and then when they lose the battle they just roll over accept it and let the big guys win without a fight.

Wedgie what would have happened to North Adelaide if you didn't keep up the fight for their survival and just accepted the big guys decision
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5588 times
Been liked: 2527 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Wedgie » Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:35 am

whufc wrote:
Wedgie wrote:

You know what?

Oops small fat fingers on phone didnt mean to like that post, the opposite in fact.

Geez UkFan how dare u not bend over and take it up the ass quietly after you failed to shrug of big bad bubby.

It's great to see someone stick by their word and stand for something they care about.

It's far to common to see in our current society people kick up a fuss about something and then when they lose the battle they just roll over accept it and let the big guys win without a fight.

Wedgie what would have happened to North Adelaide if you didn't keep up the fight for their survival and just accepted the big guys decision

Why do you continue to judge others?
I like to spend time with my mates, you prefer to make a point than spend time with mates or don't have them. Fair enough.
I don't care what you think just like you don't care about what Olsen and Trigg think.
I'm not aware of any "big guy" that made a decision to get rid of North Adelaide. Please explain.
Truth be told even though I jumped on your wagon last year if you went back over SAFooty you'd see I actually suggested the Crows reserves should be in the SANFL for years, byes are unnatural, I agree with anything to get rid of them and anything to stop AFL players going up and down from my club disrupting it. Getting to watch North at Prospect and abuse Crows supporters at the same time, a true football fan's delight and utopia. :D
I had much more issues with 2 clubs merging than the latest setup which solves a bit of the mess the merger created, ie byes.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby topsywaldron » Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:56 am

whufc wrote:
UK Fan wrote:

Agree I will be spending the majority of away games at grand central having lunch, beer and bets.

Great posts.
'People are not stupid. They know when they are being conned. And two reserves teams operating in a League competition will reduce it to a farce, a competition without a soul.'

Dion Hayman 24th July 2013
topsywaldron
Veteran

Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 218 times

Postby UK Fan » Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:35 am

Wedgie wrote:

You know what?

Fair enough if you wanted the crows in. The majority didn't from I recall from the polls on this website.

I just wanted to offer alternatives to those against afl reserves and want to still support their club. Which I didn't think out of place in a thread essentially about keeping up the protest this year.

You can do both and include your mates aswell!!!

Make an effort to better utilise your clubs facilities. Without attending.
Last edited by UK Fan on Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
fester69 wrote: I'm full of "pish and wind" !!You can call me weak !!

MW wrote: Well call me a special asshole!.

Booney wrote: I'm a happy clapper **** stick.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Has liked: 1202 times
Been liked: 502 times

Postby StrayDog » Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:46 am

Wedgie wrote:
whufc wrote:
Wedgie wrote:

You know what?

Why do you continue to judge others?
I like to spend time with my mates, you prefer to make a point than spend time with mates or don't have them. Fair enough.
I don't care what you think just like you don't care about what Olsen and Trigg think.
I'm not aware of any "big guy" that made a decision to get rid of North Adelaide. Please explain.
Truth be told even though I jumped on your wagon last year if you went back over SAFooty you'd see I actually suggested the Crows reserves should be in the SANFL for years, byes are unnatural, I agree with anything to get rid of them and anything to stop AFL players going up and down from my club disrupting it. Getting to watch North at Prospect and abuse Crows supporters at the same time, a true football fan's delight and utopia. :D
I had much more issues with 2 clubs merging than the latest setup which solves a bit of the mess the merger created, ie byes.

Some fair points regarding doing what you think is right regardless of the opinions of other people. That seems to be pretty common ground on both sides of the fence here.

From memory your opposition to the 'bye' has been pretty consistent, and I don't believe it's something that can be entirely dismissed by those that have had similar wishes over the years regardless of their feelings about where the 10th team came about. That said, having eight sides would have had the same effect. Oh well.

Personally, even though the 'bye' issue can't be entirely dismissed - even if I'd completely despised the byes - they would never have been a big enough issue to alter my views on what has now come to pass.

I should also point out that it has not always been those on whufc's side of the fence that have been judgemental about how others have expressed their plans for future involvement. If not on-line then certainly on a more personal level.
"— here I opened wide the door; —
Darkness there, and nothing more."

- Edgar Allan Poe from " The Raven "

StrayDog
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 1147 times
Been liked: 194 times

Postby Wedgie » Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:54 am

Yeah ideally no bye and a lot more rounds than 18 though, but 18 does have its merits with it being the fairest draw since I was born possibly ever.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:00 pm

but the reserves still have a bye, that's not fair
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11840 times
Been liked: 3598 times

Postby o five » Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:05 pm

If the Cows and Puffs were to be kicked out of the SANFL next year or the year after, do people think the SANFL would flourish again or gradually fade away into a 500 to 1000 person attended compition?
I feel that the damage is irreversable and now if the AFL were to leave or be dropped ,we as a League would now suffer.
I voted NO, but feel now we are stuck with it. Like it or not. :(
o five
Under 16s

Has liked: 219 times
Been liked: 39 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL