Adelaide Plains Football League

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: Adelaide Plains Football League

Postby magpieeagle » Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:21 pm

westy wrote:
magpieeagle wrote:
Best Off Ground wrote:How'd they go magpie? Better players??

All play pretty well,score,no idea,king was good as well as joel as usual,bates did some good things,still trying to figure out the new boys,kenny was one who played alright and that earl still got his touches,was good to see the colts of good/Wilson/clothier take the senior footy in there stride,they will only get better,still counted 7-8 A grade out, and that great United trainer looking after them

Was there a score. How did the crow's look.

Good reckons a 3 point Mallala win maybe thought the crows running was good, took it right up to the Mallala runners with good hard pressure footy, looks like they had a good group of young players willing to really work hard for every touch, put Mallala to the test, our next test will be this week V Sth Gawler before the first rnd, cricket all over should nearly have a full squad playing
magpieeagle
Reserves

Has liked: 108 times
Been liked: 69 times

Postby Lame Choice » Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:31 am

westy wrote:
magpieeagle wrote:

All play pretty well,score,no idea,king was good as well as joel as usual,bates did some good things,still trying to figure out the new boys,kenny was one who played alright and that earl still got his touches,was good to see the colts of good/Wilson/clothier take the senior footy in there stride,they will only get better,still counted 7-8 A grade out, and that great United trainer looking after them

Mallala by a few points.

For CMS - Full Forward # 19 is a gun and played well. The ruckman is about 7'6'' and 450 pounds :shock: There were a few young ones who contributed, so I'm not sure if they were missing players (like Mallala), but I thought the standard was very high. No injuries that I saw.

Had a strange aura with the jumper colours - crows v magpies
"As long as I live, I will deny taking performance enhancing drugs" Lance Armstrong 2010
Lame Choice
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 30 times

Postby Swamp Donkey » Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:59 am

Lame Choice wrote:
westy wrote:
magpieeagle wrote:

Mallala by a few points.

For CMS - Full Forward # 19 is a gun and played well. The ruckman is about 7'6'' and 450 pounds :shock: There were a few young ones who contributed, so I'm not sure if they were missing players (like Mallala), but I thought the standard was very high. No injuries that I saw.

Had a strange aura with the jumper colours - crows v magpies

Adam Jolly kicked 5-6, coming off 105 goals last season. He's a jet!
Swamp Donkey
League - Top 5

Has liked: 112 times
Been liked: 129 times
Grassroots Team: Wunkar

Postby Footy Warrior » Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:22 pm

Ash Duncan from South Gawler via Nightcliff in Darwin has a clearance pending to Hamley Bridge. Big signing by the Bomber's, quality footballer but he wouldn't have come cheaply on big coin at the Den.
Footy Warrior
Under 16s

Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Cobdogla

Postby footys the winner » Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:13 pm

Footy Warrior wrote:Ash Duncan from South Gawler via Nightcliff in Darwin has a clearance pending to Hamley Bridge. Big signing by the Bomber's, quality footballer but he wouldn't have come cheaply on big coin at the Den.

wow thats huge if true.
footys the winner
Under 18s

Has liked: 27 times
Been liked: 15 times

Postby OnSong » Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:16 pm

footys the winner wrote:
Footy Warrior wrote:Ash Duncan from South Gawler via Nightcliff in Darwin has a clearance pending to Hamley Bridge. Big signing by the Bomber's, quality footballer but he wouldn't have come cheaply on big coin at the Den.

wow thats huge if true.

The clearance is pending. I'm sure Kirk is on top of the points thing but heck they'd be running short by now, surely?
Right in front of me. RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!
OnSong
Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 543 times

Postby magpieeagle » Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:44 pm

OnSong wrote:
footys the winner wrote:

wow thats huge if true.

The clearance is pending. I'm sure Kirk is on top of the points thing but heck they'd be running short by now, surely?

Thought Zanandrea was the last of the points???
magpieeagle
Reserves

Has liked: 108 times
Been liked: 69 times

Postby Footy Warrior » Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:51 pm

Just a thought but maybe Hamley could think about putting some time and money into a junior program instead of self destructing in 1-2 years. Who runs that show?
Footy Warrior
Under 16s

Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Cobdogla

Postby OnSong » Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:58 pm

Footy Warrior wrote:Just a thought but maybe Hamley could think about putting some time and money into a junior program instead of self destructing in 1-2 years. Who runs that show?

I think numbers are the issue there. Not sure how they lure kids across, maybe from the Barossa, but I'm sure they're aware of the dire situation it leaves the club in without juniors coming through the ranks.
OnSong
Coach

Postby Red Rocket » Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:08 pm

Not sure how much truth in the rumour but I heard he wont be getting cleared without him or Hamley stumping up a decent ammount of coin to South.
Red Rocket
Under 18s

Been liked: 72 times
Grassroots Team: Kapunda

Postby hairy cat » Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:56 pm

HELLO
hairy cat
Under 16s

Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 28 times
Grassroots Team: Kapunda

Postby GIDDY UP! » Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:03 pm

I see Dawson back to Balak OS...... A very handy player back at the club for you guys specially with the lost of whiskey. Dawson I reckon will be the big difference for you guys to be pushing into that 4 now.
GIDDY UP!
Rookie

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 20 times

Postby OnSong » Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:50 am

GIDDY UP! wrote:I see Dawson back to Balak OS...... A very handy player back at the club for you guys specially with the lost of whiskey. Dawson I reckon will be the big difference for you guys to be pushing into that 4 now.

Great to have him back. Will add much needed firepower to our forward line.

With the loss of Whiskey, it will place greater reliance on Justin Walker in the ruck, who is a great big man but has been in his brother's shadow for a long time. Justin will be one of our most important players this season.
OnSong
Coach

Postby THACHY_7 » Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:17 am

Footy Warrior wrote:Just a thought but maybe Hamley could think about putting some time and money into a junior program instead of self destructing in 1-2 years. Who runs that show?

How are clubs suppose to put time and money trying to promote and build juniors if there aren't any?
Kids are too interested in playing ps3, smoking weed and fingering girls which means footy or sport in general gets put on the back burner.
I know that we promote juniors to play senior footy wherever possible but the talent pool is so shallow that some of the junior coming through just aren't up to senior standard.
THACHY_7
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 16 times

Postby THACHY_7 » Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:21 am

I know for a fact we didn't match their offer but the lure of playing with mates is what got Ash across.
But for the sake of a good rumour I'll play along and say he is on huge $$$
THACHY_7
Rookie

Postby RooShootOhh » Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:40 am

Red Rocket wrote:Not sure how much truth in the rumour but I heard he wont be getting cleared without him or Hamley stumping up a decent ammount of coin to South.

What has south got to do with it if the clearance is from Nightcliff?
RooShootOhh
Under 16s

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 40 times
Grassroots Team: Waikerie

Postby RooShootOhh » Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:41 am

GIDDY UP! wrote:I see Dawson back to Balak OS...... A very handy player back at the club for you guys specially with the lost of whiskey. Dawson I reckon will be the big difference for you guys to be pushing into that 4 now.

This kid has talent galore...
It amazes me how he hasnt made it in town in a couple of attempts, appears to have most of the attributes to be a league footballer.
RooShootOhh
Under 16s

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 40 times
Grassroots Team: Waikerie

Postby Hazbeen » Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:07 am

RooShootOhh wrote:

This kid has talent galore...
It amazes me how he hasnt made it in town in a couple of attempts, appears to have most of the attributes to be a league footballer.

Has joined SAPOL so is on shift work and can't commit to training required by Eagles
Hazbeen
Veteran

Been liked: 122 times
Grassroots Team: Hummocks-Watchman

Postby mighty hounds » Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:18 am

THACHY_7 wrote:

How are clubs suppose to put time and money trying to promote and build juniors if there aren't any?
Kids are too interested in playing ps3, smoking weed and fingering girls which means footy or sport in general gets put on the back burner.
I know that we promote juniors to play senior footy wherever possible but the talent pool is so shallow that some of the junior coming through just aren't up to senior standard.

You mean. Promote your juniors so you can fit all your imports under the points allocation and then sit them on the bench for 3 and a half quarters?
mighty hounds
Coach

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby THACHY_7 » Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:07 am

mighty hounds wrote:
THACHY_7 wrote:

You mean. Promote your juniors so you can fit all your imports under the points allocation and then sit them on the bench for 3 and a half quarters?

I've only been there for 2 seasons so can't comment on what use to happened , but we have always played 3-4 juniors most games even when they didn't need to play. And that was to expose them to senior footy.
They also spent plenty of time on the field and not 3 and a half quarters on the bench.
But what you said reads a lot better, so I'm happy to roll with that :roll:
THACHY_7
Rookie

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy