Southern Football League

A forum dedicated to the Southern Football League!

Re: Southern Football League

Postby lion heart » Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:08 pm

Keyser Soze wrote:
Secondsquare wrote:Mal Ralph what a character ! Say what you want about him but he is passionate about his footy and his kids seem to play for him! Noarlunga have recruited some quality and seem to be using some of there points ! Simon dean back from west is a massive in !! Still got a way to go but I believe they are chasing players around Australia !! Pomeroy from valleys to flaggies interesting !! Cove still losing players on clearance list so think they will be rebuilding!! Hackham big movers never thought I would say that!! And Bachman back to Christies to play with his buddy Ben princi! Top three reynella , morphie park and valleys ! Raffle the next eight spots !

Bachmann a big in if he still has his pace, a former mail medal winner like Pomeroy big surprise but struggled to crack A-grade 2 years ago for vikings.

Numerous Denied on the clearance list to Hackham especially from Cove (Vics01 making friends?) will they be cleared by the weekend?

Brighton and Hackham the big improvers for 2014

Shoes, Cove and maybe Porties to miss finals

Wineflies favourites unless Vikings can pull things together or Roos can stay injure free?

Christies could be pushing top 4 by the sounds they are going from strength to strength. Hackham to improve and push top 8, they seem to be cashed up (entered the Greenbank bidding war apparently) and have lured a couple of Emu's across for some $$$ which has the men in red and black seething. Cant see Porties missing finals with the easier draw this year. Seems Wineflies the only top 4 team from 2013 to strengthen their lineup so will be mighty hard to beat.

Top 8
Winies
Valley
Emus
Roos
Saints
Bombers
Porties
Towns
O’Sullivan Beach F.C Est. 1975
Lonsdale F.C Est. 1977
O’Sullivan Beach/Lonsdale F.C Est. 2001
Premierships
A-Grade ~ 5
Reserves ~ 5
Juniors ~ 17
lion heart
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 64 times
Been liked: 62 times
Grassroots Team: OSB Lonsdale

Postby mrp2626 » Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:52 pm

Christies could be pushing top 4 by the sounds they are going from strength to strength. Hackham to improve and push top 8, they seem to be cashed up (entered the Greenbank bidding war apparently) and have lured a couple of Emu's across for some $$$ which has the men in red and black seething. Cant see Porties missing finals with the easier draw this year. Seems Wineflies the only top 4 team from 2013 to strengthen their lineup so will be mighty hard to beat.

Top 8
Winies
Valley
Emus
Roos
Saints
Bombers
Porties
Towns[/quote]

Interesting Picks there... I might as well have a punt myself..
Top 8: (At end of minor round)

Reynella
Valleys
Brighton
Roos
Emu's
Saints
E'Town
Hawks

Porties
Cove
F' Hill
Shoes
Marion
Aldinga
Lonsdale

Just a throw at it....... good for conversation anyway! haha
mrp2626
Mini-League

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 6 times
Grassroots Team: Brighton District & OS

Postby Dutchy » Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:29 pm

Emu's are playing Mt Lofty under lights at Heathfield Friday night I believe
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2320 times
Been liked: 3494 times

Postby King » Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:12 pm

I'll have a ping!

Winies
Towns
Roos
Valleys
Emus
Bombers
Saints
Flaggies

Cove
Shoes
Porties
Hackham
Aldinga (courtsey Dickie Hunter)
Marion
OSB / Lonsdale
King
Under 16s

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 13 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Postby Oldman Munga » Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:26 pm

Panther32 wrote:
Mister Footy wrote:
Secondsquare wrote:Mal Ralph what a character ! Say what you want about him but he is passionate about his footy and his kids seem to play for him! Noarlunga have recruited some quality and seem to be using some of there points ! Simon dean back from west is a massive in !! Still got a way to go but I believe they are chasing players around Australia !! Pomeroy from valleys to flaggies interesting !! Cove still losing players on clearance list so think they will be rebuilding!! Hackham big movers never thought I would say that!! And Bachman back to Christies to play with his buddy Ben princi! Top three reynella , morphie park and valleys ! Raffle the next eight spots !

Mal Ralph is an interesting choice of coach for Christies - best of luck to them

Sad to see Pomeroy head over to the arch rivals but is true he struggled to get a game in the As and has been working at Roxby for last couple of years

Hackham Ins are very interesting - did I hear right that a former Fremantle Docker and winefly junior is playing with them this year? That must be chewing up their points.

For me top 3 Reynella, Vikings, Emus

I wonder if Reynella even knew he was coming back to the SFL.

Would have been a handy in for the Flies.

His old man is the Chief Purchasing Officer @ Hackham
Oldman Munga
Rookie

Has liked: 19 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby vics01 » Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:36 pm

OMM
His old man is the Chief Purchasing Officer @ Hackham

Go to have a laugh when I see the $$$$$$$hoes make such comments
vics01
Reserves

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 58 times
Grassroots Team: Cove

Postby Dutchy » Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:24 am

JUSTIN Bollenhagen has lived out a boyhood dream playing on some of Australia’s biggest AFL stadiums.

But a quiet suburban ground nestled in Adelaide’s south is where the former Fremantle Docker will get his greatest kick – playing a full season with his brother Jarrad for the first time.

In a SFL coup, Justin has been recruited to Hackham for 2014.

“I knew my brother was at Hackham so it seemed like the logical choice,” Justin told the Southern Times Messenger.

His move comes after the former gun South Adelaide junior was drafted to Western Australia in 2009 and delisted from the AFL two seasons later.

He returned briefly to the Panthers in 2012 before moving to Melbourne.

He also had a knee reconstruction after a number of injuries. Despite the football merry-go-round, one thing has stayed constant – a desire to join his brother.

“Playing at Hackham is a new challenge … not only do I want to stay off the injury list, I want to work with Hackham to prove we’re no longer the easy beats we were in other seasons,” Justin said.

It is hoped the half-back flanker, his brother and a raft of other new recruits, will give re-energise the Hackham Hawks this season – previously a long-time easy beat in the SFL.

Jarrad, 20, said he looked forward to playing with his older brother.

“The group of guys the club has got this season will be able to help build the club up after years of struggling.

“We want to challenge for a top eight spot … I’m glad I’m going to be able to do that with my brother.”

Hackham coach Marty Clifton said recruiting Justin was great for the club.

“We’ve got a really great side for season 2014,” Clifton said.

“This season we won’t be the easy beats.”
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby Dutchy » Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:25 am

THE    Southern Football League is set for its most tightly contested season in more than a decade, following years of lopsided results and calls for the competition to be split.

Player exoduses from some traditional powerhouses, coupled with off-season recruiting drives by a few of the leagues perennial strugglers has SFL president Craig Warman confident 2014 will be more even than previous years.

“Last year saw teams which hadn’t contested the top sides in a long time be competitive and I think this year will be no different,” Mr Warman told the Southern Times Messenger.

“The gap between the top and bottom teams that was there a few years ago has diminished and that’s going to show the quality of our teams in the league.”

TELL US BELOW: Who would you like to see in the finals?

The SFL has been plagued by thrashings since it moved to a single division in 2002.

Brighton had pushed for a two-division competition to be introduced in 2012 – a move Mr Warman said was off the table at least for the time being.

Noarlunga Football Club coach Trevor Mitton said every team had a chance at contesting the flag.

“Every team is going to be chasing that top spot and this year is looking like it’s going to be tough competition,” Mitton said.

For several years the competition has been dominated by Reynella, Morphett Vale and Brighton. But in 2012, Happy Valley broke its nine-year premiership drought.

Last season Morphettville Park also emerged as a genuine premiership contender by making the grand final.

Brighton secretary David Brown said the lure of money in country leagues had led to a loss of “top end players” at previously strong SFL clubs. He said this would help ensure there was a “good, even A-grade competition” this season.

Hackham Football Club finished twelfth of 15 last year and began to shrug its traditional battler tag.

It has recruited former Fremantle Docker Justin Bollenhagen who is returning the southern suburbs to play alongside his younger brother Jarrad.

“Playing at Hackham is a new challenge … not only do I want to stay off the injury list, I want to work with Hackham to prove we’re no longer the easy beats we were in other seasons,” Justin said.

“The group of guys the club has got this season will be able to help build the club up after years of struggling.

“We want to challenge for a top eight spot … I’m glad I’m going to be able to do that with my brother.”

Hackham coach Marty Clifton said recruiting Justin was great for the club.

“We’ve got a really great side for season 2014,” Clifton said.

“This season we won’t be the easy beats.”

However, 2013 wooden spooners O’Sullivan Beach/Lonsdale look set to struggle again. Coach Troy Williams said taking on the top sides would again be tough.

“(But) we all try hard to develop our young sides so we can bolster our A-grade and be competitive.”

TELL US BELOW: Who would you like to see in the finals?
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby afc9798 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:34 pm

King wrote:I'll have a ping!

Winies
Towns
Roos
Valleys
Emus
Bombers
Saints
Flaggies

Cove
Shoes
Porties
Hackham
Aldinga (courtsey Dickie Hunter)
Marion
OSB / Lonsdale

Reynella
Morphettville Park
Happy Valley
Morphett Vale
Edwardstown
Brighton
Christies Beach
Flagstaff Hill

Port Noarlunga
Noarlunga
Hackham
Cove
Marion
Aldinga
Lonsdale

A lot of unknowms at this stage, but expect a lot more competitive games between the bottom half of the ladder.
afc9798
Reserves

Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 47 times
Grassroots Team: Happy Valley

Postby Keyser Soze » Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:36 pm

If Warman thinks that Aldinga and Lonsdale will be competitive he is kidding himself. We will see this weekend but I'd suspect that Hackham will destroy Aldinga and Marion will comfortably beat Lonsdale. If this is the case how will they fair against Reynella and Happy Valley in June/July once a few injuries hit. Be prepared for some 30 plus goal thumping, I hope I'm wrong and they are competitive but I just can't see it.

To me this is just Warman trying to defend the SFL decision not to progress two divisions.

Reynella
Happy Valley
Morphettville Park
Brighton
Morphett Vale
Christies Beach
Hackham
Edwardstown

Port Noarlunga
Flagstaff Hill
Noarlunga
Marion
Cove
Lonsdale
Aldinga
Keyser Soze
Rookie

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 10 times

Postby Footy Warrior » Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:52 pm

What is happening at the Snake Pit looks like a quiver leaving the pit?? Or trying to leave the pit what is it with all denies on the clearances. What is the point of denying a neonate a clearance if he doesn’t want to play in the pit?? He may come back in a couple of years if let go with blessings or then again may never come back if held in detention.

Is it a case of where’s Dale? :-?? Missing in action when the big calls are to be made?? Who is at the helm? My sources tell me it is no longer the CFC but the K & K FC?? Seems a lot of unhappy COBRAS? More out than in maybe no money?? Long couple of years for the faithful??

What is your take on it Turbo
Footy Warrior
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Cobdogla

Postby Look Good In Leather » Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:05 pm

Footy Warrior wrote:What is happening at the Snake Pit looks like a quiver leaving the pit?? Or trying to leave the pit what is it with all denies on the clearances. What is the point of denying a neonate a clearance if he doesn’t want to play in the pit?? He may come back in a couple of years if let go with blessings or then again may never come back if held in detention.

Is it a case of where’s Dale? :-?? Missing in action when the big calls are to be made?? Who is at the helm? My sources tell me it is no longer the CFC but the K & K FC?? Seems a lot of unhappy COBRAS? More out than in maybe no money?? Long couple of years for the faithful??

What is this, I don't even

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Southern Football League

Postby Turbo » Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:45 pm

Look Good In Leather wrote:
Footy Warrior wrote:What is happening at the Snake Pit looks like a quiver leaving the pit?? Or trying to leave the pit what is it with all denies on the clearances. What is the point of denying a neonate a clearance if he doesn’t want to play in the pit?? He may come back in a couple of years if let go with blessings or then again may never come back if held in detention.

What is this, I don't even

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk[/quote

It's nothing.

Once again this fish ain't biting. Good luck for the season ahead.
Turbo
League - Top 5

Has liked: 44 times
Been liked: 38 times

Postby Cove boys » Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:54 am

Lol this forum cracks me up with all the gossip and shit stirring done by others that aren't involved in clubs they like to comment on.

I do agree though if a player wants to play somewhere else let them go, its about players playing footy not owning right
Cove boys
Mini-League

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby King » Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:53 am

Will see how Cove is travelling tomorrow when Flaggies host them for a full day of trial games (all grades). Suspect the A's and B's could be missing a few courtesy of the Showdown.
King
Under 16s

Has liked: 3 times

Postby afc9798 » Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:03 am

Happy Valley A's and B's playing Willunga at Happy Valley from 6-30pm tonight. Hopefully a good lead into the season.
afc9798
Reserves

Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 47 times

Postby norwood8 » Sat Mar 29, 2014 7:52 pm

Heard Marion beat the Lions in the A's by about 10 goals. Lions got up in the B's. I wasn't there, anyone else got any more info ??.
norwood8
Under 18s

Has liked: 85 times
Been liked: 95 times
Grassroots Team: OSB Lonsdale

Postby 85 WAS A GOOD YEAR » Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:03 pm

norwood8 wrote:Heard Marion beat the Lions in the A's by about 10 goals. Lions got up in the B's. I wasn't there, anyone else got any more info ??.

Here's the link to results for A Grade Hackham def Aldinga
http://www.foxsportspulse.com/round_inf ... 1-0&pool=1

A Grade Marion def OSB
http://www.foxsportspulse.com/round_inf ... 1-0&pool=1

and in B Grade, Yes OSB got up
http://www.foxsportspulse.com/comp_info ... -0&a=ROUND

Not the start the league would have hoped for
85 WAS A GOOD YEAR
League - Best 21

Has liked: 99 times
Been liked: 7 times

Postby Mister Footy » Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:52 am

HV played Christies U18s in a trial game Saturday - apparently there were some Christies people talking their team up as potential premiers before the game. HV won by 10 goals.
Mister Footy
Under 18s

Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 28 times

Postby jet-airport » Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:47 am

Mister Footy wrote:HV played Christies U18s in a trial game Saturday - apparently there were some Christies people talking their team up as potential premiers before the game. HV won by 10 goals.

Mr Footy,

It's March mate!
"Its a marathon not a sprint" some bloke said that once and think he went all right as a coach..... 8) !
Thanks to CBFC for the opportunity.
Good "TRIAL" game played in the right spirit, ol Bice oval was a peach too, in great nick.

LGIL,
I Didn't stick around for the A's how did the scores end up?
How did the big PEZ dispenser Perrie and Welshy go for Padathway?
jet-airport
Rookie

Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 15 times
Grassroots Team: Reynella

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  SFL