No votes
Henley
6%
Adelaide Uni
2%

Total votes : 54

Re: SAAFL Division 7 2014

Postby someguy1 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:44 am

Flinders Uni have lost 18 from the A grade and 17 from the B grade finals sides from last year, plus some extras on top of that. Most of the Uni Hall lads (majority of them were A graders) are gone for one reason or another which was the big difference last year. Fact is 3 weeks ago we were barely going to fill one side and the majority of the guys we still have are from the C4 side we had from last year. If you want to talk record margins it would have been us staying in D7.

As it was put to us last night IF it goes through all the Uni players will be transferred to MP and auto-transferred back on the 1st of Feb next year. It wont be 2 separate sides as we will be able to move up and down were we can. The D6R side will likely play in the Flinders strip but both sides will be at the same ground each week. Everything else still being worked out. We've been invited to play in the MP trial this week so we'll see from there what happens.
someguy1
Under 16s

Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 45 times

Postby marbles » Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:08 am

Q. wrote:Flinders Park will crush D7R.

whatta ya torquing about trippa

now flinders PARK dont have a cgrade? haha and wingfield to replace them too in div 7?
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 276 times
Been liked: 259 times

Postby Q. » Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:26 am

marbles wrote:

now flinders PARK dont have a cgrade? haha and wingfield to replace them too in div 7?

Flinders Park C-Grade is playing Div 7 Reserves. Wingfield is taking the D7 spot.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Q. » Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:30 am

Here's a thought.

Instead of scheduling Flinders Park C Grade and Wingfield on the same day, why not move one of them to the bye weekend?
Q.
Coach

Postby DO IT DO IT » Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:53 am

What a load of crap this has become. Kilburn, Brahma Lodge, Mitchell Park, Angle Vale, Flinders Uni & Flinders Park all under the pump for different reason's. 10 days out and still question marks for this season. In my opinion if you can't fulfill your commitments to the division your in then down to C1 and below for you. Shuffle everyone else above. It's tough for some but the integrity of the SAAFL has to be upheld.
In the end Marbles your Super C Grade should be up and running for Div 7 this year.
DO IT DO IT
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 7 times

Postby tomo » Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:10 am

Q. wrote:
marbles wrote:

Flinders Park C-Grade is playing Div 7 Reserves. Wingfield is taking the D7 spot.

Wouldnt it be better to play Flinders Park in div 7 and Wingfield in div 7r???

I would imagine flinders park would be a cut above Wingfield???

Flinders Park will smash 7r!!!!
tomo
Under 16s

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 14 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby Reilly » Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:53 am

tomo wrote:
Q. wrote:
marbles wrote:

Wouldnt it be better to play Flinders Park in div 7 and Wingfield in div 7r???

I would imagine flinders park would be a cut above Wingfield???

Flinders Park will smash 7r!!!!

I know as of last week Flinders Park had 33 players in total. Out of that there are guys that either haven't played for quite a number of years or are happy to fill in but not play week in week out. I know the club were trying to get into one of the C comps preferably C2 but that grade was full. I hadn't heard they were going to be in D7R but also haven't spoken to anyone since the weekend.
Reilly

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 4 times
Grassroots Team: Flinders Park

Postby Q. » Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:55 am

Reilly wrote:I know as of last week Flinders Park had 33 players in total. Out of that there are guys that either haven't played for quite a number of years or are happy to fill in but not play week in week out. I know the club were trying to get into one of the C comps preferably C2 but that grade was full. I hadn't heard they were going to be in D7R but also haven't spoken to anyone since the weekend.

Thanks for the update.

They've been quite a strong Div 7 team in recent years, this is quite a turnaround.
Q.
Coach

Postby Footy Chick » Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:59 am

can you pinpoint reasons for the exodus of players @Reilly?
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:03 am

Pfft give it a couple of weeks they'll all come streaming back to win another flag :roll:
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Has liked: 402 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:05 am

May as well just create another C grade division and merge div 6 & 7
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:06 am

What happens one of the single team clubs win a premiership? How will promotion work? Or relegation for that matter?
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Postby Q. » Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:09 am

Phantom Gossiper wrote:What happens one of the single team clubs win a premiership? How will promotion work? Or relegation for that matter?

Looks like next year might be a clean slate. Long way off yet though.
Q.
Coach

Postby Reilly » Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:14 am

[quote="Phantom Gossiper"]Pfft give it a couple of weeks they'll all come streaming back to win another flag :roll:[/quote
Won't happen. There's still some good players that will play this year but their issue is their depth.
Reilly

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:19 am

Reilly wrote:Won't happen. There's still some good players that will play this year but their issue is their depth.

Perhaps not, but FP were a strong and competitive side last season across both grades in Div 7, culminating in a premiership in 7R, surely they are better equiped to play Div 7 than Wingfield who have been in struggle town for many years now?!

I bet FP have better range of depth than Wingfield..
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Postby Reilly » Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:27 am

Phantom Gossiper wrote:
Reilly wrote:Won't happen. There's still some good players that will play this year but their issue is their depth.

Perhaps not, but FP were a strong and competitive side last season across both grades in Div 7, culminating in a premiership in 7R, surely they are better equiped to play Div 7 than Wingfield who have been in struggle town for many years now?!

I bet FP have better range of depth than Wingfield..

I can't speak for Wingfield but what I can say is the majority of guys that I have seen at training have been D graders. At this stage I have seen very few C graders. You're right in that Flinders Park c & D grade have been quite successful over the past 4-5 years. Last year the C grade made finals while the D grade were runners up. But that was last year. I can tell you things this year are quite different.
Reilly

Postby great catch » Wed Mar 26, 2014 5:42 pm

So is this it now no more changing the fixture? Can anyone tell me if it might change again before next weekend round 1
great catch
Rookie

Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 13 times

Postby Q. » Wed Mar 26, 2014 5:49 pm

great catch wrote:So is this it now no more changing the fixture? Can anyone tell me if it might change again before next weekend round 1

I don't think any of us can answer that definitively.
Q.
Coach

Postby great catch » Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:07 pm

Q. wrote:
great catch wrote:So is this it now no more changing the fixture? Can anyone tell me if it might change again before next weekend round 1

I don't think any of us can answer that definitively.

Would be nice to know tho hey Q? Shouldn't be like this as there's only 1 week till we start
great catch
Rookie

Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 13 times

Postby panthers » Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:41 pm

Reilly wrote:
Phantom Gossiper wrote:Pfft give it a couple of weeks they'll all come streaming back to win another flag :roll:[/quote

Won't happen. There's still some good players that will play this year but their issue is their depth.

This happened to us in 2011, went from 2 teams in divvy 5 to having 5 players. :shock:
It took a lot to get a team up and was only done by a lot of loyal supporters, the average age of the
team was 44 if my memory is right. We were lucky and got put in the C1 division, the results were so outstanding
we had to change our margin tickets! When someone got ticket 100 no-one would buy any more, so we had to double
the tickets and halve the price so there was a chance we could sell them all !!! :oops:
Seriously tho this is going to happen more and more as people are finding new things to do with their spare time,
and the kids are not as interested in footy any more as they used to be. We had lost our juniors but have a bit of a resurgence
this year with an U18s and hopefully an U10s. It doesn't help when some clubs have more than 1 team in an age group, due to the drop off.

We have been there and it will be a long way back for these sides that are in trouble but I hope they can get back to their former glory.

Good luck to all this season :D
Its More than a Game !!!
panthers
Rookie

Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 21 times
Grassroots Team: Smithfield

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League