River Murray Football League talk

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: River Murray Football League talk

Postby Ramrod » Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:17 am

biffboy wrote:
Ramrod wrote:
biffboy wrote:
Secondsquare wrote:Imps went down in there trial game against myponga and I believe they didn't have that many out either! Don't c them to be the force they have been this year like they have been the last ten years! Jervois had a good win against Kingston , but prob lack a bit of tall timber! Mannum won there trial on the weekend and have added a couple solid players to replace the couple they have lost!

Interesting hearing that about Imps, was only talking to a mate Friday & he was talking them & their kids up a definite top 3 and serious contenders. I have my doubts tho, you cant lose that many quality players without replacing them & expect to be around the same level

Ramblers stiched up Langhornes in a extremely fast game of footy. Thommo, Gogel & the Pfeiffer trio were pretty impressive while Liam O'neil looks back to his best. I'm excited for round one to see what Mypo throw at us to see where abouts we are. I expect them to improve with some quality imports listed however they may be lacking a bit defensively

have heard around the traps Liam O'neil is the new on field assistant coach. is this true? Is River Murray Football that quick you need a Coach, Assistant Coaches, Captains, Vice Captains and an On field Assistant? Or is it a case of big noting yourself. Not sure but will be interesting to see how they go with everyone having there own say. Cant wait to see this trainwreck play against us. Prove who is the best team in the Bridge.

Don't know where you heard that one Ramrod, sounds like a load of baloney to me

Well its probably a good result for Ramblers if he's not, Because that would be a joke if that is correct. Thanks for clearing that up.
Dont Hate me cause you Aint me.
Ramrod
Rookie

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 10 times
Grassroots Team: Imperials

Postby biffboy » Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:45 am

Interesting seeing Phil Smyth still doesn't have a clearance up so is he definitely gone? I hear Micky Sumner is heading back to Tailem along with a few Mallee players who would fit comfortably in most sides Ressies in this comp
biffboy
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 9 times
Grassroots Team: Ramblers

Postby grasshopper22 » Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:54 am

biffboy wrote:Interesting seeing Phil Smyth still doesn't have a clearance up so is he definitely gone? I hear Micky Sumner is heading back to Tailem along with a few Mallee players who would fit comfortably in most sides Ressies in this comp

Isn't Micky assistant at Taliem this year? And yes I believe they are starting to pick up a few numbers which is good for them and good for the comp as we all want to see Taliem fielding 2 competitive sides each week
grasshopper22
Reserves

Has liked: 84 times
Been liked: 23 times

Postby From The Outer » Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:24 pm

Very doubtful that Smith will play at Imperials and even more doubtful that Tailem will be competitive. My mail is that they will be lucky to fill a reserves side.
From The Outer
Under 16s

Been liked: 6 times

Postby Skip Dimes » Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:26 pm

From The Outer wrote:Very doubtful that Smith will play at Imperials and even more doubtful that Tailem will be competitive. My mail is that they will be lucky to fill a reserves side.

Smith will be at imps, don't worry about that. The only reason there was some speculation regarding his footy situation, was possibly a change of employment commitments taking him interstate.
Skip Dimes
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 7 times

Postby words of wisdom » Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:35 pm

biffboy wrote:
Secondsquare wrote:Imps went down in there trial game against myponga and I believe they didn't have that many out either! Don't c them to be the force they have been this year like they have been the last ten years! Jervois had a good win against Kingston , but prob lack a bit of tall timber! Mannum won there trial on the weekend and have added a couple solid players to replace the couple they have lost!

Interesting hearing that about Imps, was only talking to a mate Friday & he was talking them & their kids up a definite top 3 and serious contenders. I have my doubts tho, you cant lose that many quality players without replacing them & expect to be around the same level

Ramblers stiched up Langhornes in a extremely fast game of footy. Thommo, Gogel & the Pfeiffer trio were pretty impressive while Liam O'neil looks back to his best. I'm excited for round one to see what Mypo throw at us to see where abouts we are. I expect them to improve with some quality imports listed however they may be lacking a bit defensively

Imps will be around the mark - will play finals but i'm not sure about top 3, depends on how many they had out of the trial last weekend. We had a couple of our better one's out.
words of wisdom
League - Best 21

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 19 times
Grassroots Team: Mt Burr

Postby Champ » Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:18 pm

So with Tailem picking up a few late, Jervois being tipped to sneak into finals and Meningie playing trials against div 4 sides its fair to say another long year for the bears then.
Champ
Under 18s

Has liked: 51 times
Grassroots Team: Gawler Central

Postby Ramrod » Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:23 pm

Champ wrote:So with Tailem picking up a few late, Jervois being tipped to sneak into finals and Meningie playing trials against div 4 sides its fair to say another long year for the bears then.

C'mon Champ leave Grasshopper alone, Just stick to the Central Division Forum. Long year for your boys though. But stick to your forum.
Dont Hate me cause you Aint me.
Ramrod
Rookie

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 10 times

Postby biffboy » Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:26 pm

Champ wrote:So with Tailem picking up a few late, Jervois being tipped to sneak into finals and Meningie playing trials against div 4 sides its fair to say another long year for the bears then.

I don't think Tailems pick ups are going to see them being much of a threat. Most of these guys would struggle to get a game at other clubs
biffboy
Under 16s

Postby Champ » Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:46 pm

Ramrod wrote:

C'mon Champ leave Grasshopper alone, Just stick to the Central Division Forum. Long year for your boys though. But stick to your forum.

Haha
Champ
Under 18s

Postby grasshopper22 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 3:05 pm

Haha no worries chump, you never have much to say do ya, and what you speak is normally sense ;)
grasshopper22
Reserves

Postby used to be » Wed Mar 26, 2014 5:31 pm

Went over Sunday to watch Mannum and Birdwood, honestly a very ordinary game at times. Birdwood very fit and fast had the upper hand in the first quarter . It took a while for Mannum to respond and only did so through Sheedy , Omally , and the usual guns for hire that Mannum have. I will say that they looked very unfit and still a bit larger around the gut than last year but its only early. Number 18 wtf .. he is a gun the hardest player I have seen in the comp for sometime , also a tall curly haired player played both ends of ground very good player. J male not even sure if he played ?? Ribbons , Clayton , ok but look underdone which is natural and bowles was a surprise he took a few good marks. Mannum have a lot to do but throw in Hall and look out. they are a very good side but are kidding themselves if they think they are fit and ready for round 1.
used to be
Rookie

Been liked: 0 time

Postby Champ » Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:37 pm

grasshopper22 wrote:

Haha no worries chump, you never have much to say do ya, and what you speak is normally sense ;)

You're pathetic, you dish out your rubbish but sook when someone has a light hearted go back.
Champ
Under 18s

Postby grasshopper22 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:41 pm

Champ wrote:
grasshopper22 wrote:

You're pathetic, you dish out your rubbish but sook when someone has a light hearted go back.

Hahaha do you ever shut up? Another thing I've noticed about you on other threads, your never wrong hey,
grasshopper22
Reserves

Postby Champ » Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:48 pm

grasshopper22 wrote:
Champ wrote:
grasshopper22 wrote:

Hahaha do you ever shut up? Another thing I've noticed about you on other threads, your never wrong hey,

Correct and thanks for noticing mate but technically this typing not err talking so its difficult to shut up. Perhaps you could've said 'do you ever log off' or 'can you quit typing' however it's great youre recognising where we both stand and i appreciate your vote but keep going because you're posts are getting there too little fella.
Champ
Under 18s

Postby Champ » Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:49 pm

Back to footy now please, I think everyone's had enough of this rubbish.

So with that in mind, can Jervois match Mannum? My mail is they were only missing two in their trial at alberton and I thought Hodge was a head and shoulders standout
Champ
Under 18s

Postby grasshopper22 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:51 pm

Champ wrote:
grasshopper22 wrote:
Champ wrote:
grasshopper22 wrote:[quote="Champ"]So with Tailem picking up a few late, Jervois being tipped to sneak into finals and Meningie playing trials against div 4 sides its fair to say another long year for the bears then.

Correct and thanks for noticing mate but technically this typing not err talking so its difficult to shut up. Perhaps you could've said 'do you ever log off' or 'can you quit typing' however it's great youre recognising where we both stand and i appreciate your vote but keep going because you're posts are getting there too little fella.[/quote]

Anyway abit of your knowledge wouldn't go astray in predicting your thoughts of the ladder at the end of the year. Thought we better get abit of substance back on this thread.
grasshopper22
Reserves

Postby Champ » Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:30 pm

Mannum

Jervois/Imps/Ramblers (bottle neck)

Ramblers
Meningie/Tailem
Champ
Under 18s

Postby biffboy » Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:00 pm

Champ wrote:Mannum

Jervois/Imps/Ramblers (bottle neck)

Ramblers
Meningie/Tailem

Have mypo changed comps?
biffboy
Under 16s

Postby P.B » Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:02 pm

Well the real stuff isn't far away! Used to be with his usual dribble. You say Mannum is unfit, how many trainings have you been too? there is a difference between unfit and experienced ... Experienced players like those at Mannum have nothing to prove by busting their guts in their first game of the year which was a trial I might add. I think us punters have learnt that we've looked the goods for a number of years at this stage of the season to only crumble later in the year. I think this lot may be a bit smarter. Well I hope so :oops:
P.B
Under 16s

Been liked: 2 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy