SAAFL Division 3 2014

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Who will win the division 3 grand final?

Athelstone
8%
Kilburn
23%
Mitcham
10%
Modbury
12%
Old Ignatians
6%
Pembroke
3%
Plympton
12%
Salisbury
3%
Seaton
11%
Unley Mercedes Jets
12%

Total votes : 113

Re: SAAFL Division 3 2014

Postby woodublieve12 » Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:56 pm

Boosh wrote:It has always been the case that you need two teams to compete in the divisions that have a reserves comp for a side to be in div 3 with no reserves is a joke.

Sides are just picking and choosing what they do now, relegation and promotion are no longer certainties.

It affects us because we meet the league criteria and don't pick and choose where we play and when we have lean years we face the music.

fair point...
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3026 times
Been liked: 2401 times

Postby Robb_Stark » Thu Mar 27, 2014 3:00 pm

the cons about kilburn staying in div 3

1.no reserve side means no depth when players get injuried or fed up with getting steam rolled will walk
2.half way through the season kilburn will struggle to field a main side relying on old men to come in play putting the safety of these 40 year old plus players at risk
3.the 30 goal drubbing they will get each week in the A grade that will result in the same spectacle we seen in div 6 last year clubs with insane amount of percentage
4.the fact all other clubs playing kilburn will have a bye in the B grade does not help any of the sides and all players in As and Bs need match fitness and also a chance to push the other players in the team to hold there spot
5.if kilburn fold mid year a bye then comes into play that could play a part in the final spot come the last round
6.the following year if kilburn fold this year who is to say they can field 2 teams for next year div 4

what assurance has the SAAFL given that Kilburn will be able to play out the season and the ripple effect it will have in div 3 and div 4
Robb_Stark
League - Best 21

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 155 times

Postby Footy Chick » Thu Mar 27, 2014 3:06 pm

There is no assurance, however, once Kilburn forfeit 3 games, the league reserves the right to pull them. Until then they can only take the word of the club that they have sufficient numbers.
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby Robb_Stark » Thu Mar 27, 2014 3:08 pm

Footy Chick wrote:There is no assurance, however, once Kilburn forfeit 3 games, the league reserves the right to pull them. Until then they can only take the word of the club that they have sufficient numbers.

if i was the league id be looking over all current registered players and there age for starters to me its a fools bet to gamble on a club that is in a lot of trouble at the expense of a div 3 comp .....
Robb_Stark
League - Best 21

Postby jo172 » Thu Mar 27, 2014 3:13 pm

The Club that actually gets the rawest deal if Kilburn don't field a D3R side is Golden Grove. Golden Grove play Salisbury and Old Ignatians in D8/8R the same week Kilburn plays Salisbury and Old Ignatians in D3/3R
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1199 times
Been liked: 725 times

Postby Q. » Thu Mar 27, 2014 3:17 pm

Giving Kilburn the benefit of the doubt is a helluva lot better than playing musical chairs with every division a week out from round one.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Robb_Stark » Thu Mar 27, 2014 3:23 pm

Q. wrote:Giving Kilburn the benefit of the doubt is a helluva lot better than playing musical chairs with every division a week out from round one.

then if kilburn fold during the year 7 teams can play musical chairs instead .....then we worry about next year in div 4 head in the sand approach never works only creates more headaches

one week out a div 4 club can still slot into the kilburn space
Robb_Stark
League - Best 21

Postby Footy Chick » Thu Mar 27, 2014 3:27 pm

Robb_Stark wrote:one week out a div 4 club can still slot into the kilburn space

You're kidding, right? :-T

Tell me who'd go up?

I think someone from Golden Grove mentioned they'd like to - but why swap short odds for a flag to play in a flag to finishing in the middle of the pack.

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Postby Robb_Stark » Thu Mar 27, 2014 3:32 pm

Footy Chick wrote:
Robb_Stark wrote:one week out a div 4 club can still slot into the kilburn space

Tell me who'd go up?

I think someone from Golden Grove mentioned they'd like to - but why swap short odds for a flag to play in a flag to finishing in the middle of the pack.

player side of it =flag
club side of it =highest possible div
Robb_Stark
League - Best 21

Postby Jetters » Thu Mar 27, 2014 3:37 pm

Robb_Stark wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:

Tell me who'd go up?

player side of it =flag
club side of it =highest possible div

Reckon GG would jump at the chance and be very competitive. Once they went up to div 3 its a big screw up from them, giving the direction and all the advantages their club has to then drop back down.
Jetters
Reserves

Has liked: 106 times
Been liked: 119 times
Grassroots Team: Unley

Postby S Demon » Thu Mar 27, 2014 4:10 pm

Footy Chick wrote:

Tell me who'd go up?

They would more than likely play finals or go very close to it even in Div 3 in my opinion with the squad they've assembled this year
S Demon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 312 times
Been liked: 370 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Footy Chick » Thu Mar 27, 2014 4:11 pm

ok, let me re-phrase.

The odds of a flag in div 4 are still better than in div 3.

Footy Chick

Postby S Demon » Thu Mar 27, 2014 4:17 pm

Footy Chick wrote:ok, let me re-phrase.

They would have goals set the same way most clubs do and being in Div 3,2,1 is probably their goal. Nothing is certain in life, so when an opportunity to be promoted presents itself (assuming they think they are up to it) then you go for it!

What if they jagged making the GF in Div 3? All of a sudden they are in Div 2, with good financials and plenty of juniors. All from taking a chance...
S Demon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 312 times
Been liked: 370 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Haynzy » Thu Mar 27, 2014 4:48 pm

S Demon wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:ok, let me re-phrase.

They would have goals set the same way most clubs do and being in Div 3,2,1 is probably their goal. Nothing is certain in life, so when an opportunity to be promoted presents itself (assuming they think they are up to it) then you go for it!

What if they jagged making the GF in Div 3? All of a sudden they are in Div 2, with good financials and plenty of juniors. All from taking a chance...

worked well for Glenunga so far...
Haynzy
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 6 times
Grassroots Team: Tea Tree Gully

Postby laser » Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:50 pm

jo172 wrote:The Club that actually gets the rawest deal if Kilburn don't field a D3R side is Golden Grove. Golden Grove play Salisbury and Old Ignatians in D8/8R the same week Kilburn plays Salisbury and Old Ignatians in D3/3R

Yeah poor old GG, get the rough end each time don't they? :?
I reckon Salisbury and Iggies would have to nominate a team sheet for D3R and the layers listed would not be allowed to drop down the next week.
laser
Under 16s

Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 45 times
Grassroots Team: Unley

Postby Old Dog New Tricks » Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:17 pm

Boosh wrote:Surely a decision would have been made by now if they were out.

If they stay on with one team than the whole league is compromised.
You make some good points but if it is true Kilburn only have one team and as you say they should be banished from Div. 3, because of it, where do they go? Say they go to a c grade competition and they win a flag, That would be worth protesting about.

also, what if no one wants to go up to 3 to replace them, surely you're not suggesting hq can make a club go up if they don't want to.
Old Dog New Tricks
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 6 times

Postby lutz » Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:45 pm

Anyone know what will happen if Kilburn can't get a side up at all? Would another club be forced to come up? Or top three come up at the end of the season?
lutz
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 16 times

Postby piglet1 » Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:02 am

lutz wrote:Anyone know what will happen if Kilburn can't get a side up at all? Would another club be forced to come up? Or top three come up at the end of the season?

Could work like div 6 last year 9 team div with a bye. End of the year 2 teams go up and only 1 goes down.
piglet1
Rookie

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 8 times

Postby Robb_Stark » Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:25 am

i can think of a way kilburn struggle to get one side up send them down to div 7 and im sure we can find a team in C1,C2,C3,C4 who will play as a reserves side for them or im sure there are still 1-2 clubs in a bit of trouble still.....

example Kilburn go down to div 7 and the Pooraka C grade comes in as a filler as the reserve side...pooraka C grade players could play in the Kilburn line up and vice versa SAAFL and Pooraka could police it easy cause at the end of the day Pooraka would not field any B grade or border line A graders in its C grade to that could be used to help a kilburn
Robb_Stark
League - Best 21

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:06 am

Robb_Stark wrote:i can think of a way kilburn struggle to get one side up send them down to div 7 and im sure we can find a team in C1,C2,C3,C4 who will play as a reserves side for them or im sure there are still 1-2 clubs in a bit of trouble still.....

example Kilburn go down to div 7 and the Pooraka C grade comes in as a filler as the reserve side...pooraka C grade players could play in the Kilburn line up and vice versa SAAFL and Pooraka could police it easy cause at the end of the day Pooraka would not field any B grade or border line A graders in its C grade to that could be used to help a kilburn

That's stupid, you're stupid, what a stupid idea, you're stupid! :P
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Has liked: 402 times
Been liked: 285 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League