SAAFL Division 3 2014

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Who will win the division 3 grand final?

Athelstone
8%
Kilburn
23%
Mitcham
10%
Modbury
12%
Old Ignatians
6%
Pembroke
3%
Plympton
12%
Salisbury
3%
Seaton
11%
Unley Mercedes Jets
12%

Total votes : 113

Re: SAAFL Division 3 2014

Postby Dols » Sat Apr 05, 2014 8:31 pm

The Dark Knight wrote:55 goal loss! Is that some kind of record??
just saw the team, 18 players only, Paul Dorian must be 45 years old. Choo choo the bridge is out. Bye bye Chics.
Dols
Reserves

Has liked: 332 times
Been liked: 51 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Demon Juke » Sat Apr 05, 2014 8:45 pm

Dols wrote:
just saw the team, 18 players only, Paul Dorian must be 45 years old. Choo choo the bridge is out. Bye bye Chics.

Dorian in the best players as well.
Demon Juke
League - Best 21

Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 69 times

Postby Dols » Sat Apr 05, 2014 8:46 pm

Demon Juke wrote:
Dols wrote:

yep and I was being kind with the 45
Dols
Reserves

Has liked: 332 times
Been liked: 51 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby TEX07 » Sat Apr 05, 2014 8:56 pm

Dols wrote:
Demon Juke wrote:
Dols wrote:

yep and I was being kind with the 45

I challenge you to go down to Kilburn tonight and "be kind" to him see how that goes for you. Good on him and the others that have stuck around and will do so for the year - at his age he should be putting his feet up instead he is out there trying to help a club get through a bad time. They will do everything tahat they can to field a side each week - guys will cop the beatings - seriously was anyone really that surprised in the result today? We all knew they would be the easy beats but they chose to stay in Div 4 instead of moving back down grades or even to the C grade comp when a lot of other sides have. If they dont see the year out it wont be through lack of trying by people around the club.
hola acabo de hacer que el yo se resuelve lo que este los medios en español
TEX07
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 140 times
Been liked: 49 times
Grassroots Team: Golden Grove

Postby Footy Chick » Sat Apr 05, 2014 8:59 pm

Demon Juke wrote:Kilburn lost by 55 goals and there "b" grade forfeit, league should had made the hard decision and put them in "c1".

FFS, it's not the leagues decision, they can only make the offer to Kilburn and it's up to Kilburn to say yay or nay.

They were offered, Kilburn said no. The league can't force them into a lower grade.
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1738 times
Been liked: 2146 times

Postby gadj1976 » Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:01 pm

TEX07 wrote:
I challenge you to go down to Kilburn tonight and "be kind" to him see how that goes for you. Good on him and the others that have stuck around and will do so for the year - at his age he should be putting his feet up instead he is out there trying to help a club get through a bad time. They will do everything tahat they can to field a side each week - guys will cop the beatings - seriously was anyone really that surprised in the result today? We all knew they would be the easy beats but they chose to stay in Div 4 instead of moving back down grades or even to the C grade comp when a lot of other sides have. If they dont see the year out it wont be through lack of trying by people around the club.

Tex, deep breath.

I don't think anyone is having a go at anyone there. I think (think) what they're saying is that it's a blight on the club if a 45 or so year old is best player. Good on him for doing exactly that, helping out. I don't think anyone begrudges that.

To be honest, Kilburn should've bitten the bullet, gone back several divs and tried to rebuild from there. Trying to rebuild from a side that may forfeit mid season onward is going to be VERY difficult. Having momentum going into the off season is the key.

I started to reply to this thread over an hour ago and my comment was going to be, hey, I'm 43, I can help out! I don' t like seeing clubs go by the wayside but being too headstrong in this climate is suicidal.
gadj1976
Coach

Has liked: 796 times
Been liked: 850 times

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:11 pm

In all fairness, whilst struggling this year Kilburn still had a dozen of loyal A grade players that were still sticking true. Looking at the team sheet obviously enough was enough and they took the "olive branches" being offered by other clubs. As a result the side they fielded today would've struggled in C4 - they had blokes that couldn't get C grade games at clubs like Paralowie and a few kids + some older stalwarts.

It's a sad and tough time, but you know what they are fighting and I'm sure they are feeling crap enough about today without having to read blokes outside the club having digs.
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Has liked: 402 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby Demon Juke » Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:36 pm

Footy Chick wrote:
Demon Juke wrote:Kilburn lost by 55 goals and there "b" grade forfeit, league should had made the hard decision and put them in "c1".

FFS, it's not the leagues decision, they can only make the offer to Kilburn and it's up to Kilburn to say yay or nay.

They were offered, Kilburn said no. The league can't force them into a lower grade.

If they can't fill two sides they should not be in this division, league new they didn't have enough players for 1 team let alone 2. This grade requires you to have a second side.
Demon Juke
League - Best 21

Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 69 times

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:02 pm

Kilburn is a proud club and it would be a massive kick in the guts if they were forced to C1. I for one don't blame them for trying, even against the odds.....

It's sad that just because you get flogged (and on this occasion couldn't field 2 sides, however the club would have the best intentions to get 2 sides up after round 1) then people circle. I remember as a kid when Pt. Elliot were a joke. The communities took the piss out of them yes, however it was made in to a joke rather than a humiliation. No wonder Brahma did what they did.

"Though I aim to defeat you, if I do I shall not humiliate you. For without you I am a lesser man" (Or something like that ;) )
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 740 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby zedman » Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:24 pm

Footy Chick wrote:
Phantom Gossiper wrote:
Cohiba wrote:

If they reposition Kilburn now......Ramblers would be laughing their heads off with the % advantage they got by playing the Chics first up. Dare say the remaining eight side won't be amused.....if that is what happens.

If they move kilburn now think you'll find today will become a 10 goal forfeit win

correct.

maybe not FC..last year when TTG went to div 8 from div 6 the 2 games they played were eradicated from history, a bye given and no 10 goal forfeit..the 55 goals here would become a training drill on a saturday afternoon if the same precedent is followed which it probably should be if it eventuates..
zedman
Coach

Has liked: 1078 times
Been liked: 387 times

Postby bandar » Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:36 pm

Quick game of devils advocate if Kilburn had of gone down to C1 but still had 8 or 9 A grade players available and made a complete mess of a C grade side would everybody be saying the league did the wrong thing and they should have stayed in D3. Sometimes you have to let situations play out to be able to find the correct solution.
bandar
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 27 times
Grassroots Team: PHOS Camden

Postby S Demon » Sat Apr 05, 2014 11:16 pm

I heard a lot of Seatons B grade played against Elizabeth's C grade in C2 because of the forfeit ...
S Demon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 312 times
Been liked: 370 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby catchisthecry » Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:51 am

Don't think so SD...
I believe sides have to still name a B grade side that would've played Kilburn
And those guys can't play Cs the next week... If that makes sense!?
Seaton must've added some fair depth,
catchisthecry
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1 time

Postby Slots It Through » Sun Apr 06, 2014 7:53 am

Dorian is 45 or turning 45 this year. Kilburn struggled to get a full A grade side but to there credit they all had a crack. I hope for the clubs sake they can continue to get 18 blokes to rock up every Saturday
Slots It Through
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Portland

Postby S Demon » Sun Apr 06, 2014 7:55 am

catchisthecry wrote:Don't think so SD...
I believe sides have to still name a B grade side that would've played Kilburn
And those guys can't play Cs the next week... If that makes sense!?
Seaton must've added some fair depth,

I doubt it. Anyone can play anywhere. It's not the finals

What if 5 players came back into the A grade and 5 needed to drop down to the B's? That means 5 have to drop down to the C's from a list of players you just said can't play C's next week. Do they have to apply for a permit to play at their own club?

Its unfortunate for their C grade opponent, but I think they can play wherever they like this week and next week
S Demon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 312 times
Been liked: 370 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby ROOBOY18 » Sun Apr 06, 2014 8:03 am

S Demon wrote:I heard a lot of Seatons B grade played against Elizabeth's C grade in C2 because of the forfeit ...

I too believe that was the case with Seaton if not it is going to be a long season for the young Elizabeth side if that's the standard in c2. It still baffles me how a division 5 club has to play against division 2 & 3 sides.
Join in the chorus!!
ROOBOY18
Rookie

Has liked: 214 times
Been liked: 29 times
Grassroots Team: Hornridge

Postby LMA » Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:21 am

Stop stroking yourselves people, Kilburn made their bed. What do you expect from a club that recruits heavily and doesn't pay up. Having played Kilburn both in juniors and in Div 1, they have always only been about their A grade, they never have had any depth and they never have embraced or developed their junior program, hence why there is only a minute loyal few to call upon. A lesson to be learned for all clubs
LMA
Coach

Has liked: 387 times
Been liked: 714 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby marbles » Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:17 am

well just have to say..

no lister no kilburn :P
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 276 times
Been liked: 258 times

Postby Nearly Was » Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:18 am

Kilburn did NOT have 7 or 8 A grade players yesterday. Try 1 only who played about 7 games last year in the A's
Nearly Was
Under 16s

Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 12 times
Grassroots Team: Kilburn

Postby bandar » Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:12 pm

Nearly Was wrote:Kilburn did NOT have 7 or 8 A grade players yesterday. Try 1 only who played about 7 games last year in the A's

Somehow now Kilburn and the league need to come to a solution and I hope there was a league official there yesterday.
bandar
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 27 times
Grassroots Team: PHOS Camden

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League