HFL Division 2 (Country)

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: HFL Country Division

Postby jo172 » Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:28 pm

the milky bar kid wrote:
jo172 wrote:
carey wrote:Did I hear correct that sedan have just paid $250 a game to a Div 6 reserves player? Wow :shock:

Elmo?

Are you taking the piss?

His brother/best mate/whomever must be pretty good

Devo, I'd be good for $300 out there
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1199 times
Been liked: 724 times

Postby ORDoubleBlues » Tue Apr 01, 2014 12:01 am

overthehill wrote:Everyone seems to be fixated on the subject of Mt Lofty s points. My question to all the happy punters is, how many points do you think Mt lofty will use out of their allotment? I'll be surprised if its 5. Mt Lofty find themselves in Div 2 this year because they have mis-managed their money in years gone by, they don't not have the buying power of Echunga and a few other Div 1 clubs! In saying that i still believe there is a big gap between Div 1 and Div 2 and think Mt Lofty will take the Flag and return to Div 1 in 2015. Only time will tell

If Lofty have recruited well this may be the case but if they've got roughly the same side they had last year, they'll make an elimination final at best.
No doubt Exelby was a good bloke most of the time but think he may have blotted his copybook a few years back.
Unfortunately Nairne will only have backman Troy Granger on a sporadic basis this season due to work commitments
R.I.P. Patrice Lumumba 1925 - 1961
ORDoubleBlues
League - Top 5

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 10 times
Grassroots Team: Macclesfield

Postby the wonder elephant » Tue Apr 01, 2014 12:15 pm

ORDoubleBlues wrote:
overthehill wrote:Everyone seems to be fixated on the subject of Mt Lofty s points. My question to all the happy punters is, how many points do you think Mt lofty will use out of their allotment? I'll be surprised if its 5. Mt Lofty find themselves in Div 2 this year because they have mis-managed their money in years gone by, they don't not have the buying power of Echunga and a few other Div 1 clubs! In saying that i still believe there is a big gap between Div 1 and Div 2 and think Mt Lofty will take the Flag and return to Div 1 in 2015. Only time will tell

If Lofty have recruited well this may be the case but if they've got roughly the same side they had last year, they'll make an elimination final at best.
No doubt Exelby was a good bloke most of the time but think he may have blotted his copybook a few years back.
Unfortunately Nairne will only have backman Troy Granger on a sporadic basis this season due to work commitments

genuine question whats the poke at exelby mean ?
the wonder elephant
League - Best 21

Has liked: 114 times
Been liked: 18 times
Grassroots Team: Ironbank

Postby redsox » Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:43 pm

ORDoubleBlues wrote:

Is this you Troy?
redsox

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 2 times

Postby redsox » Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:29 pm

Rumour has it that Sedan Cambrai have dropped their u/15 team out and will now play on with NO junior teams.
redsox

Has liked: 13 times

Postby ORDoubleBlues » Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:36 pm

redsox wrote:
ORDoubleBlues wrote:

Is this you Troy?

If it is, it means he's been a fairly regular contributor to this site since he was 13 years old!
R.I.P. Patrice Lumumba 1925 - 1961
ORDoubleBlues
League - Top 5

Been liked: 10 times
Grassroots Team: Macclesfield

Postby Legs Man » Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:18 am

wrong forum
Last edited by Legs Man on Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Legs Man
Under 16s

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 44 times

Postby Legs Man » Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:25 am

wrong forum - sorry
Legs Man
Under 16s

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 44 times

Postby doubletrouble » Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:37 pm

So with the first round almost upon us who's everyone's tips for the weekend?
doubletrouble
Rookie

Been liked: 7 times

Postby Justquietly » Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:48 pm

I've never had a dip at Country tips before, so these might be...interesting...
Maccy
Lofty
Meadows
Nairne
Good test for Lofty first up to see if what some are saying on here is true: that they won't be a force, I think they'll do fine.
Chuck Norris makes onions cry
Justquietly
League - Best 21

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 5 times
Grassroots Team: Mt Lofty

Postby Kick'n Back » Sat Apr 05, 2014 7:00 am

Gum at home over Maccy by 20 pts
Kersbrook to beat Mt Lofty in match of round by 13 pts
Meadows to thump Kangy by about 100 pts
Nairne to thrash Cambrai by 20 goals
Kick'n Back
Under 16s

Been liked: 14 times

Postby Rams52 » Sat Apr 05, 2014 6:33 pm

Any scores from today? Nairne over Sedan by around 15 goals.
Rams52
Under 16s

Has liked: 41 times
Been liked: 20 times
Grassroots Team: Nairne-Bremer

Postby Demon Juke » Sat Apr 05, 2014 7:03 pm

Rams52 wrote:Any scores from today? Nairne over Sedan by around 15 goals.

Money well spent then, only lost by 15 goals.
Demon Juke
League - Best 21

Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 69 times

Postby Justquietly » Sat Apr 05, 2014 7:46 pm

Good start on the road to getting back to Central - Devs by around 15 goals.
Chuck Norris makes onions cry
Justquietly
League - Best 21

Been liked: 5 times
Grassroots Team: Mt Lofty

Postby Rams52 » Sat Apr 05, 2014 8:18 pm

Justquietly wrote:Good start on the road to getting back to Central - Devs by around 15 goals.

Would have been quite a few years, you'd think, since Kersbrook were beaten by that much?
Rams52
Under 16s

Has liked: 41 times
Been liked: 20 times
Grassroots Team: Nairne-Bremer

Postby The Gimp » Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:32 pm

Rams52 wrote:
Justquietly wrote:Good start on the road to getting back to Central - Devs by around 15 goals.

Would have been quite a few years, you'd think, since Kersbrook were beaten by that much?

2011 Birdwood beat them by 21gl but nothing close to that since.
Good to see the extra points to Lofty were warranted :roll:
The Gimp
Reserves

Has liked: 45 times
Been liked: 15 times
Grassroots Team: Birdwood

Postby backdoor » Sat Apr 05, 2014 11:51 pm

The Gimp wrote:
Rams52 wrote:

2011 Birdwood beat them by 21gl but nothing close to that since.
Good to see the extra points to Lofty were warranted :roll:

It would be very interesting to know how many points Mt Lofty actually used. If they used anywhere near the ridiculous amount of points they were awarded this would prove the HFL have once again made a terrible mis judged mistake.
backdoor
Mini-League

Been liked: 3 times

Postby ball magnet » Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:28 am

Once again it is refreshing to read the ill formed comments on this forum ... Devils played with just 8 points today... probably a bit less than a few Country clubs.
Kersbrook were actually 6 so not much difference but apparently HFL favoring Mt Lofty!!
ball magnet

Postby RAMS » Sun Apr 06, 2014 8:05 am

ball magnet wrote:Once again it is refreshing to read the ill formed comments on this forum ... Devils played with just 8 points today... probably a bit less than a few Country clubs.
Kersbrook were actually 6 so not much difference but apparently HFL favoring Mt Lofty!!

The HFL definitely favoured Mt Lofty "ball magnet" by allowing them 15 points to begin with, obviously our clubs argument was legitimate as imagine what the score could have been if they used what they were allocated. The HFL said Mt Lofty were in trouble and needed these extra points to be competitive.... well they definitely got that wrong didn't they! It's good to see only 8 points were used, all other country clubs now know where the benchmark is.....
RAMS

Been liked: 3 times

Postby no1rangler » Sun Apr 06, 2014 4:12 pm

Rams just to have an understanding of points system , what teams were allocated what ??
no1rangler
Mini-League

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 0 time

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy