SAAFL division 6 2014

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Who will win the division 6 grand final?

Angle Vale
3%
Blackfriars OS
7%
Central United
2%
Fitzroy
13%
Ingle Farm
10%
Lockleys
4%
Mawson Lakes
13%
Mitchell Park
6%
Rosewater
33%
West Croydon
8%

Total votes : 98

Re: SAAFL division 6 2014

Postby Arch44 » Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:59 pm

Pag wrote:Beau Schulz I believe is coaching Central United's B Grade, would be 30ish. Coached our D Grade the last few years.

Michael O'Brien is a Salisbury man who went across with Beau to give him a hand, would have been one of the two.

Ah ok he was smallish guy, clean cut and brown hair.
Hogg Shield Div IV 2018 Winner
Arch44
League - Top 5

Has liked: 717 times
Been liked: 272 times

Postby woofwoof » Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:04 pm

furiousflemo wrote:
Bombers4EVA wrote:
Arch44 wrote:Who is the lad that coaches Central Uniteds Bgrade? He came up to me before the game shook my hand and said good luck today . I cant remember that happening too often at all, just the usual after the game. Seemed like a nice lad.

Could be Adam Barnes??[/quote

Wouldn't be Barnsey...think his name is Michael O'Brien came from Salisbury I believe

His name is beau shultz he coached salibury c grade last year, nice bloke.
woofwoof

Has liked: 165 times
Been liked: 14 times
Grassroots Team: Central United

Postby Yank Man » Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:55 pm

zedman wrote:
wiseman wrote:I see Dutchy has done his ACL that's a Shame for the big fella we gave him shit all day sat and I thought he played pretty well was one of there better players Saturday.will be another interesting season it looks with except Rosewater everyone being pretty even

MPFC and AVFC eh? :shock:

That's a bit harsh Zed, I reckon we will be very even :D
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 317 times
Grassroots Team: Edwardstown

Postby zedman » Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:56 pm

Yank Man wrote:
zedman wrote:
wiseman wrote:I see Dutchy has done his ACL that's a Shame for the big fella we gave him shit all day sat and I thought he played pretty well was one of there better players Saturday.will be another interesting season it looks with except Rosewater everyone being pretty even

MPFC and AVFC eh? :shock:

That's a bit harsh Zed, I reckon we will be very even :D

yeah sorry mate..play on :)
zedman
Coach

Has liked: 1079 times
Been liked: 387 times

Postby tkr » Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:14 pm

Yank Man wrote:
panthers wrote:
morell wrote:Quite amazing that Mitchell Park lost by 23 goals today and yet I personally couldn't be prouder. The side we had included 5 guys who couldn't get a game in our C Grade last year, an 18 yr old kid at fullback, half a dozen blokes who haven't trained more than once or twice. Plus a few more who really should be in a paddock somewhere. I honestly thought we were looking at a Kilburn 50+ goal type result before the game but to the lads credit they fought like the mutts they are and managed to walk off with heads held high.

Thanks to the Mawson Lakes guys, good footy club, always respectful and were simply way too good. Schapel, Uern, Reidy and co will run amok this year.

That shows great spirit Morell, it may be a long year but I think it will be a team building year that will hold you in good stead for the future
:)

Thanks to everyone at MLFC for the way they conducted themselves yesterday. Would have been easy to treat us like chumps, but they maintained a high level of professionalism all day. 10 goals to 2 at half time and I thought our pressure was good but in the end our fitness and quality waned in the 2nd half and a couple of injuries restricted our bench rotations. Fortunately we still have 5 or 6 good A graders still to come in and our best team on the deck will be competitive. Rosewater next week doesn't get any easier though so we might just save some for after Easter. :lol:

I only saw the second half of the game and was impressed with the way Mitchell Park played out the game, they never gave up and put in a great effort considering who and how many players they could select. Mawson Lakes did treat them with the respect they deserved and even though the score was a blow out it was a enjoyable game to watch.

I hope Mitchell Park can get some more players on the track and continue in Div 6 this season. I have no doubt that if they play the game like they did on Saturday there will be some victories during the year, good luck for the rest of the year.
tkr
Rookie

Has liked: 160 times
Been liked: 19 times

Postby Sheik Yerbouti » Mon Apr 07, 2014 5:13 pm

Phantom Gossiper wrote:I witnessed two absolutely awful decisions that were in my opinion clearly CHEATING

1. 3rd quarter Ingle Farms George Long as running back towards the goal chasing the ball, about 2 metres in front of his opponent punches the ball through the goal.. Given a goal..

2. 4th quarter when it was tight, Ingle Farms Nathan Stacey crumbs a ball, wheels around and snaps for a goal.. Called touched.. Worse still reasoning "it was touched off himself" :/

Crucial decisions at crucial stages that could well have impacted on the game

As could have the older ump calling holding the ball against IF, the player just picked it up & ran with it, strange one that.
Wouldn't have seen 2 sides dominate over the other in patches, ended out a good spectacle. Browny rang me today saying what an entertaining game it was (patronizing bastard :lol: ).
Hey soccer you owe us 45million.
Sheik Yerbouti
League - Best 21

Has liked: 201 times
Been liked: 204 times

Postby the milky bar kid » Mon Apr 07, 2014 5:28 pm

Sheik Yerbouti wrote:
Phantom Gossiper wrote:I witnessed two absolutely awful decisions that were in my opinion clearly CHEATING

1. 3rd quarter Ingle Farms George Long as running back towards the goal chasing the ball, about 2 metres in front of his opponent punches the ball through the goal.. Given a goal..

2. 4th quarter when it was tight, Ingle Farms Nathan Stacey crumbs a ball, wheels around and snaps for a goal.. Called touched.. Worse still reasoning "it was touched off himself" :/

As could have the older ump calling holding the ball against IF, the player just picked it up & ran with it, strange one that.
Wouldn't have seen 2 sides dominate over the other in patches, ended out a good spectacle. Browny rang me today saying what an entertaining game it was (patronizing bastard :lol: ).

Don't remember that one Sheik, although I might just be finding the description vague, haha.

Yeah, the game had a real eb & flow to it, but was a good spectacle & played in great spirits.

Good spirits reminds me of an incident in the last, tense part of the game with only a goal or so in it & at the centre bounce one of the Fitzroy players was on the ground (not being tackled) & pretending to try and handball the ball out. It took a good 5 seconds for someone to tackle him as he just had so much space to handball the ball off! Myself & the Fitzroy ruckman were still laughing as the ball was finally thrown up! Definitely an incident worthy of the player donating some funds to the Fitzroy footy trip!!! :lol:
the milky bar kid
League - Best 21

Has liked: 119 times
Been liked: 238 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby wristwatcher » Mon Apr 07, 2014 5:49 pm

Sheik Yerbouti wrote:

I don't think anyone from any club should be labelling any umpire a cheat. But PG your glass house of all of them should be the last to throw stones. I have played a lot of footy and only played in one game where an umpire did not award one free to an opposing team for the entire four quarters. That was against your mob last year. Worst thing I have seen and still no-one came on here and stated the bleeding obvious about your representative who made some of the worst excuses I have ever heard for his questionable judgements.

Now before you unleash on our umpire last year who also was "blind sighted, un certain and didnt see it" at times my point is I don't think we should be calling umpires cheats. I will say I have not heard of someone touching their own kick if that did in fact happen.
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 846 times

Postby S Demon » Mon Apr 07, 2014 5:54 pm

wristwatcher wrote:
Sheik Yerbouti wrote:

I don't think anyone from any club should be labelling any umpire a cheat. But PG your glass house of all of them should be the last to throw stones. I have played a lot of footy and only played in one game where an umpire did not award one free to an opposing team for the entire four quarters. That was against your mob last year. Worst thing I have seen and still no-one came on here and stated the bleeding obvious about your representative who made some of the worst excuses I have ever heard for his questionable judgements.

Now before you unleash on our umpire last year who also was "blind sighted, un certain and didnt see it" at times my point is I don't think we should be calling umpires cheats. I will say I have not heard of someone touching their own kick if that did in fact happen.

Its actually nearly impossible to do, if you think about it...
S Demon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 312 times
Been liked: 370 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby wristwatcher » Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:00 pm

Ive done it but the goal was allowed.
The PNU Falcs 2005,06,13 x 2,14 and Div 1 Premiers in 2019......The SA 3peat - 2003,04,05
wristwatcher
Coach

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:19 pm

wristwatcher wrote:I don't think anyone from any club should be labelling any umpire a cheat. But PG your glass house of all of them should be the last to throw stones. I have played a lot of footy and only played in one game where an umpire did not award one free to an opposing team for the entire four quarters. That was against your mob last year. Worst thing I have seen and still no-one came on here and stated the bleeding obvious about your representative who made some of the worst excuses I have ever heard for his questionable judgements.

Our umpire was shit, I won't shy away fr that fact, he was terrible and at times embarrassing.

As a club we suspended him from umpiring though because of his behaviour and inability to adequately do a respectable job.

.. But I get the point you are saying..
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Has liked: 402 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby wristwatcher » Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:29 pm

Phantom Gossiper wrote:
wristwatcher wrote:I don't think anyone from any club should be labelling any umpire a cheat. But PG your glass house of all of them should be the last to throw stones. I have played a lot of footy and only played in one game where an umpire did not award one free to an opposing team for the entire four quarters. That was against your mob last year. Worst thing I have seen and still no-one came on here and stated the bleeding obvious about your representative who made some of the worst excuses I have ever heard for his questionable judgements.

Our umpire was shit, I won't shy away fr that fact, he was terrible and at times embarrassing.

As a club we suspended him from umpiring though because of his behaviour and inability to adequately do a respectable job.

.. But I get the point you are saying..

Well played Sir
wristwatcher
Coach

Postby WhenItMatters » Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:22 pm

Anyone keen to tip the league medalist?or top 3 anyway?
WhenItMatters
Mini-League

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Old Ignatians

Postby morell » Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:32 pm

B.Steele from MPFC
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1141 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:35 pm

WhenItMatters wrote:Anyone keen to tip the league medalist?or top 3 anyway?

Travis Uern - Mawson Lakes
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Has liked: 402 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby Yank Man » Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:58 pm

Phantom Gossiper wrote:

Travis Uern - Mawson Lakes

Great player but Schapel will take a lot of votes from him. Works both ways and would have 3 already. :)
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 317 times
Grassroots Team: Edwardstown

Postby X Runna » Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:59 pm

Steve Gannell from the mighty Bulldogs
X Runna
Reserves

Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 58 times
Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

Postby Demon Juke » Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:05 pm

Cooper from West Croydon.
Demon Juke
League - Best 21

Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 69 times

Postby Iron Fist » Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:49 am

thomas (ruckman) or williams (full forward) from rosewater
get on board the thunder train!!!
Iron Fist
Veteran

Has liked: 77 times
Been liked: 13 times
Grassroots Team: Portland

Postby Mr Beefy » Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:00 am

Iron Fist wrote:thomas (ruckman) or williams (full forward) from rosewater

no love for last year's div 6 medallist, hopefully he will play a full season this year?
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 406 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League