Flash Poll - Which grade do you think Kilburn should be in?

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Which grade should Kilburn be playing in?

Division 3
28%
Division 6/7
14%
C divisions
58%

Total votes : 69

Re: Flash Poll - Which grade do you think Kilburn should be

Postby marbles » Mon Apr 07, 2014 5:15 pm

jo172 wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:Ok, well there's a clear majority in my poll, with most of you happy to banish them to C grades...so here's the next question!

This is aimed at those who believe that Kilburn should go to C Grades:

There are currently 4 x 10 team comps in the C grade, ie; it's full - for those playing at home ;)

Does this mean you are voting to have an 11 team comp in one of the C grade comps? Has anyone thought about that? and if so;

1. Who plays the other once and or twice?
2. Who has more byes than the other?
3. How does the league sort the premiership ladder based on byes etc?

Is this STILL the best solution?

Move two of the Uni Sides to Div 8/8R, put Kilburn in C1.

Ideally this would have happened a month ago obviously.

uni have made arrangements with triple headers throughout the season and probably wont budge on any moves

theres a bye in div 7, fill it zzzzzzzzz
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 275 times
Been liked: 258 times

Postby Footy Chick » Mon Apr 07, 2014 5:20 pm

jo172 wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:Ok, well there's a clear majority in my poll, with most of you happy to banish them to C grades...so here's the next question!

There are currently 4 x 10 team comps in the C grade, ie; it's full - for those playing at home ;)

Does this mean you are voting to have an 11 team comp in one of the C grade comps? Has anyone thought about that? and if so;

Ok, you keep forgetting THIS: KILBURN CANNOT BE FORCED TO MOVE AT THIS STAGE. So ideally for everyone else involved, yes, this should've happened 2 months ago even - but you can't make a horse drink water you've led it to. ;)
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby Footy Follower » Mon Apr 07, 2014 5:21 pm

It's pretty simple IMO. If they only have one side then they need to be treated the same as Ovingham was and play in the C divisions or a reserves comp in div 6 or 7. If the club recovers next year then they start from div7 again.
If they can still field 2 sides each week then yes they should remain in division 3 and cop it sweet as many other teams have had too in previous years.
Footy Follower
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 13 times

Postby jo172 » Mon Apr 07, 2014 5:23 pm

Footy Chick wrote:
jo172 wrote:

Ok, you keep forgetting THIS: KILBURN CANNOT BE FORCED TO MOVE AT THIS STAGE. So ideally for everyone else involved, yes, this should've happened 2 months ago even - but you can't make a horse drink water you've led it to. ;)

I'm not forgetting it at all. From the way you've phrased the question you were asking what should happen rather than what can happen.

If anything this season has exposed some rather massive gaps in the League/Executive's power
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1198 times
Been liked: 724 times

Postby Footy Chick » Mon Apr 07, 2014 5:28 pm

or does it open up a can of worms and a dangerous precedent for every club that doesn't want to play in their respective division anymore because it's too hard?
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby jo172 » Mon Apr 07, 2014 5:32 pm

Footy Chick wrote:or does it open up a can of worms and a dangerous precedent for every club that doesn't want to play in their respective division anymore because it's too hard?

I doubt it, I can't see many relegated sides wanting to play C1 for a bit of glory. This is an exceptional case. As we've seen from Glenunga and Mitcham this year, most clubs would rather take their chances on a promotion/staying up rather than being pushed/jumping down a trap door.
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1198 times
Been liked: 724 times

Postby marbles » Mon Apr 07, 2014 5:33 pm

smosh vs kilburn this saturday div 7 done

unley div 3 - bye this week

done zzzzz
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 275 times
Been liked: 258 times

Postby S Demon » Mon Apr 07, 2014 5:41 pm

Footy Chick wrote:or does it open up a can of worms and a dangerous precedent for every club that doesn't want to play in their respective division anymore because it's too hard?

That precedent was already set with Brahma Lodge
S Demon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 312 times
Been liked: 370 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby the joker » Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:29 pm

Leave them in div 3,
I think the saafl is due for a new highest score record this year.
Probably their goodbye year anyway
I love vegatarian food. It goes great with steak.
the joker
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 58 times

Postby Cohiba » Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:10 pm

Look Good In Leather wrote:Maybe the SAAFL should look at implementing the ICA grading formula. Play 4 rounds and then grade teams into the relevant divisions.
The current system doesn't seem to work.

The word "Tanking" comes to mind.... ;)

Perhaps the simple solution is Clubs need to be responsible enough to plan and work within their limitations and resources...
Cohiba
Reserves

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 41 times

Postby TheAussieBogan » Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:09 pm

Mr Beefy wrote:
TheAussieBogan wrote:Div 3 - They made their bed, let them lie in it.

Glenunga a few years ago were losing by 40 goals in both divs (with some players having to play two games, just to ensure both teams played), they dropped divs and were relegated regularly and rebuilt. Teams shouldn't be gifted a way around a few years of pain just to allow them to rebuild quicker

Bit rich coming from a team who has been gifted promotion?
Should it be more about having competitive games in each division rather than punishing a club because they are struggling?

Yeh and if Glenunga was to have failed either time it was gifted these promotion, if they were to have copped a 30 goal loss on the weekend and every weekend this season?who would have been to blame? Who would have been at fault for possibly ruining its natural progression? Would they be allowed to go down a few divs to make up for it?

All I meant was were all big boys, decisions were made? shit happened? gotta live with it, there can't always be an easy way out. Unfortunately I think the BL situation has created a precedent, if only it was around 6 years ago it could have saved me from losing by 70-80 goals (2 games) in a day of footy

P.S - I was only using Glenunga as an example as I played through bad days and only example that came to mind.
TheAussieBogan
Rookie

Been liked: 3 times

Postby X Runna » Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:09 pm

The rot hasn't stopped yet, my bet is there will be another club in the Kilburn, Mitchell Park, Flinders Uni, Brahma Lodge mould by the end of the week.
X Runna
Reserves

Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 58 times
Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

Postby dee man » Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:43 am

just reading back over the last couple of years on ovinghams plight and the comments made about them and where they should take there ball and go
how the mighty and so righteuos have
when ovies gave it away this year they still had enough players and help to play every week
they were unfortunately unable to stay at there oval
remember when you become the almighty you will still fall at some stage...just ask JC
as he once said ..treat others and respect others as wish to be treated
we stand as one
we fight as one
we win and lose as one
we are one
dee man
League Bench Warmer

Been liked: 8 times

Postby schimma » Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:32 am

Maybe if the club concentrated on building a club and not buying a club, people would have stayed around even if the money dried up. You make your own bed
We're in hell right now gentlemen. Believe me. And we can stay here, get the shit kicked out of us, or we can fight our way back into the light. We can climb outta hell... one inch at a time.
schimma
League - Best 21

Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby FOURTH ESTATE » Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:30 am

dee man wrote:just reading back over the last couple of years on ovinghams plight and the comments made about them and where they should take there ball and go
when ovies gave it away this year they still had enough players and help to play every week
remember when you become the almighty you will still fall at some stage...just ask JC

Seldom right and wrong again!!! They just walked away as it was too hard not forced
2017, 2019 & 2020 PREMIERS
RICHMOND, RICHMOND, RICHMOND.

Let that be a lesson to you Sturt. You don't beat Glenelg 3 times in a row in Grand Finals and get away with it.
FOURTH ESTATE
Veteran

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 128 times
Grassroots Team: Broadview

Postby Robb_Stark » Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:28 am

F.C to answer your question C1,C2,C3,C4 it does not matter what one they slot into as this is the C grade comp most people playing these comps dont train and perfer to play every other saturday as it is as they have things outside of football to do to have a bye in any of these comps is also good to let the battle weary old bodys time to recover as i personally know its a struggle to get ready each week

i can think of another way but it would create to much drama and headaches maybe let them sit in div 3 teach the league a lesson for being stupid and also remind them that clubs dont always know best
Robb_Stark
League - Best 21

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 155 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:10 pm

schimma wrote:Maybe if the club concentrated on building a club and not buying a club, people would have stayed around even if the money dried up. You make your own bed

I think that's the general consensus schimma, the trouble is that there's not even a mattress any more, just a shaded area on the carpet.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby easy TIGA » Tue Apr 08, 2014 3:32 pm

schimma wrote:Maybe if the club concentrated on building a club and not buying a club, people would have stayed around even if the money dried up. You make your own bed

Are/were u involved with the club? Then u have no idea what they have been doing to rebuild juniors in the last 4 years and other ways to be sustainable. U also dont know their budget. Majority of Players didnt leave for monetary reasons.
easy TIGA
Under 16s

Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 35 times

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Tue Apr 08, 2014 3:41 pm

easy TIGA wrote:

Are/were u involved with the club? Then u have no idea what they have been doing to rebuild juniors in the last 4 years and other ways to be sustainable. U also dont know their budget. Majority of Players didnt leave for monetary reasons.

Correct, Kilburn have worked EXTREMELY hard over the past few years to re-establish juniors. They have had small amounts of success but have a long way to go.

The club is also NOT BROKE as everyone continues to feel is the case, unfortunately everything that could've has gone against Kilburn over the summer, no doubt some of it is their own fault but not all of it.
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Has liked: 402 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby dee man » Thu Apr 10, 2014 2:15 am

FOURTH ESTATE wrote:
dee man wrote:just reading back over the last couple of years on ovinghams plight and the comments made about them and where they should take there ball and go

Seldom right and wrong again!!! They just walked away as it was too hard not forced

so it seems you were part of the group that put there proposal to the council and got the response from them
so you would then know what the club was told

your statement says wrong again.....cant remeber how many times in life i have been wrong,quite a few i would say
but like so many other people have walked away from the saafl because of a number of reasons but one of the real reasons is because of the ass clowns running clubs for there own egos and the idiots that agree with them
by the way before you bag me, how many clubs have now fallen ,and how many people,good people will walk away before you all start to take notice
we stand as one
we fight as one
we win and lose as one
we are one
dee man
League Bench Warmer

Been liked: 8 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League