SAAFL division 6 2014

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Who will win the division 6 grand final?

Angle Vale
3%
Blackfriars OS
7%
Central United
2%
Fitzroy
13%
Ingle Farm
10%
Lockleys
4%
Mawson Lakes
13%
Mitchell Park
6%
Rosewater
33%
West Croydon
8%

Total votes : 98

Re: SAAFL division 6 2014

Postby Boosh » Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:45 pm

The system would only be exploited if a club plays with players worth more than 15 points, whether it is on the team sheet or not.

As it stands Rosies are within the rules so it's a non issue.
I have a problem. It's to do with the little man, the squashed-in French man, the naked little squashed up hairy boy! You know! With the hand feet
*I apologise to Hope Valley people in advance, no offence intended
Boosh
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 256 times
Been liked: 192 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby zedman » Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:48 pm

Bombers4EVA wrote:Are you saying that A grade in Div 6 is better quality than Div 2 reserves?

did i say that??? no i didnt..

you asked why they would move..i told you..using the WFC example..what were once B graders are now A graders..
zedman
Coach

Has liked: 1079 times
Been liked: 387 times

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:56 pm

Guys settle down! We are up to 3 1/3 pages worth of posts today, better slow down or @morell will get all emotional!
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Has liked: 402 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby Bombers4EVA » Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:59 pm

All good here Zedman. I was just responding to why they would wanna leave a good club culture that has the talent and plays regularly in grand finals. Thats all.
Bombers4EVA
League - Best 21

Has liked: 326 times
Been liked: 89 times

Postby morell » Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:01 pm

Phantom Gossiper wrote:Guys settle down! We are up to 3 1/3 pages worth of posts today, better slow down or @morell will get all emotional!

I don't mind reams and reams of good football posting like we have had.

Reams and reams of you blokes having in jokes and trying to guess the identity of a poster is not however conducive to quality enjoyment of sa footy.
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1141 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby morell » Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:03 pm

Mr Beefy wrote:maybe we need to be successful before we get smarmy arrogant and uppity
Case in point. ;)
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1141 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby the milky bar kid » Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:05 pm

Bombers4EVA wrote:
the milky bar kid wrote:
Bombers4EVA wrote:I dont understand why players would want to leave a successful grade ( winning & playing in Grand Finals in the past 3 - 4 years ) to play for a Div 6 side. Under achieving I reckon.

I know who you are talking about & that's a pretty silly comment B4E.

I played with him in my earlier days & learnt a lot from him. Great player & a great guy, but a player that is getting towards the back end of his footy career. The intensity & rigors of playing the Division 1 or 2 footy do take a toll & at some stage it can be worth going back and just enjoying your footy whilst also passing on knowledge to other players. Certainly not underachieving.

I was actually not referring to anyone in particular. I just know that the Walkerville Div 2 reserves side are a pretty good side that have played in lots of grand finals of the past few years. Why go to a Div 6 side where the quality of the game style is totally different. It's just my view so im confused to as why you think Im referring to someone, when Im not.

OK, my apologies. Myself & the Informer both seemed to think you were talking about a particular Mawsons player with multiple division 1 premiership medals.
As for the Walkerville players whom were fringe A graders, you can understand some of the advantage$ of playing A grade at div 6 versus playing reserves at Div 2
the milky bar kid
League - Best 21

Has liked: 119 times
Been liked: 238 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:06 pm

the milky bar kid wrote:OK, my apologies. Myself & the Informer both seemed to think you were talking about a particular Mawsons player with multiple division 1 premiership medals.

Just say it, Brenton Reidy. Pretty sure he has family that play at Lakes though as well? Brothers in law i think?
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Postby the milky bar kid » Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:09 pm

Phantom Gossiper wrote:
the milky bar kid wrote:OK, my apologies. Myself & the Informer both seemed to think you were talking about a particular Mawsons player with multiple division 1 premiership medals.

Just say it, Brenton Reidy. Pretty sure he has family that play at Lakes though as well? Brothers in law i think?

Haha ok, good man & taught the young incarnation of the MBK a lot as a kid. ;)
the milky bar kid
League - Best 21

Has liked: 119 times
Been liked: 238 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby The Riddler » Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:10 pm

Phantom Gossiper wrote:

Wasn't the reason he came across, in fact they came because of him. Again u underestimate my powers of persuasion PG oh and of course the fact he lives 400m from the oval helps too :D
The Riddler
League - Top 5

Has liked: 84 times
Been liked: 29 times

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:39 pm

The Riddler wrote:Wasn't the reason he came across, in fact they came because of him. Again u underestimate my powers of persuasion PG oh and of course the fact he lives 400m from the oval helps too :D

Yeah I know, they were playing at Ingle Farm at that stage..

Your powers of persuasion i must say are beginning to impress me lol
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Postby Yank Man » Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:18 pm

Bombers4EVA wrote:Are you saying that A grade in Div 6 is better quality than Div 2 reserves?

Generally no way, but I coached a B grade team in Div 1 who made the finals and that team wouldn't have got within 10 goals of Rossies team last week. :D
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 317 times
Grassroots Team: Edwardstown

Postby Yank Man » Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:47 pm

Wow, give you guys something to talk about and off you go. :D :D
All I was saying was the APPS changed last year to stop country clubs taking from the high div reserves players for zero pts. I live in the GSFL area and the 4 lads from Div 2 res now at Rossies would be a minimum of 8 pts in total if they came to Yank, who only have 11 to play with so the club would have to say sorry, can't accommodate you. So that part has worked fine, but my concern is that now the strong clubs in Saafl can decimate the weak clubs by pulling high level players from reserves. We can't underestimate the pulling power also of Shuffles who is highly rated and all those lads would have been close to him over the years. 'Super Recruiting' now the heat is on them to perform on a consistent basis. ;)
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Postby S Demon » Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:54 pm

Yank Man wrote:Wow, give you guys something to talk about and off you go. :D :D
All I was saying was the APPS changed last year to stop country clubs taking from the high div reserves players for zero pts. I live in the GSFL area and the 4 lads from Div 2 res now at Rossies would be a minimum of 8 pts in total if they came to Yank, who only have 11 to play with so the club would have to say sorry, can't accommodate you. So that part has worked fine, but my concern is that now the strong clubs in Saafl can decimate the weak clubs by pulling high level players from reserves. We can't underestimate the pulling power also of Shuffles who is highly rated and all those lads would have been close to him over the years. 'Super Recruiting' now the heat is on them to perform on a consistent basis. ;)

Surely the stronger clubs are in the higher divisions? Am I right in saying what you have just implied is that Rosewater is a stronger club than Walkerville?
S Demon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 312 times
Been liked: 370 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby Yank Man » Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:38 pm

S Demon wrote:
Yank Man wrote:Wow, give you guys something to talk about and off you go. :D :D

Surely the stronger clubs are in the higher divisions? Am I right in saying what you have just implied is that Rosewater is a stronger club than Walkerville?

No not at all SD. I guess I mean the strong clubs 'financially' in lower divisions can now target clubs in the high divisions who are struggling, take their good players from the reserves and hence make them weaker. A club for instance like Walkerville have been up and down in the A's but have always been strong in the B's. So their B graders who have played A's become targets. That said because of the APPS the country clubs no longer target reserve players but chuck a shit load of coin to A graders because they are around the same points. Now that decimates the comp because $$$$$$$ to country clubs is like lollies, no one gives a SSSSSS.....it, cos their is no salary cap and they can pay what they like. :)
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Postby S Demon » Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:17 am

Yeah I see what you mean. Works the other way too though. Quite often players from the lower divisions get targeted and promised coin for a Div 1 game, with the club recruiting them knowing full well it won't cost them much and all their doing is topping up their Reserves depth. It's been happening both ways for years. I don't really see a problem with it either way.
S Demon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 312 times
Been liked: 370 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby jo172 » Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:33 am

S Demon wrote:Yeah I see what you mean. Works the other way too though. Quite often players from the lower divisions get targeted and promised coin for a Div 1 game, with the club recruiting them knowing full well it won't cost them much and all their doing is topping up their Reserves depth. It's been happening both ways for years. I don't really see a problem with it either way.

Gaza and Broadview do that brilliantly
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1198 times
Been liked: 724 times

Postby WhenItMatters » Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:49 am

I know for a fact that Taylor was not happy with the new coaches at Walkerville,he was also sick of not winning and the egos!he came back from injury at the half way mark of last season and say in the c and b grade.why not move clubs if your not happy and worth 0 points.i asked him why Rosewater and he said the club and the people is the best he has seen.he trained with 4 clubs in the preseason and got offered more coin in a higher division and chose rosies!so hats of to rosies in the recruitment this year!
The money he is on at rosewater is less than what he got at walkerville
WhenItMatters
Mini-League

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Old Ignatians

Postby Footy Follower » Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:13 pm

Everyone has some good points in the past few pages. What Rosies have done in terms of recruiting and keeping under the points system was well constructed, completely within the rules and came from the experience of their new coach as this is what was done at Walkies since the points system came in.
Remember this though... Clubs in lower divisions (div 2-3 or below) who throw in large amounts of money to attract new players always fall on their sword when the money dries up. It creates the wrong culture at the club in terms of people expect to get paid when they are really not worth it.
We have seen it all to many times in the past where a club "splash the cash" for a few years and go up the divisions. Then when they stop offering that sort of money all the players leave and the club goes crashing back down the divisions. Brahama lodge, Kilburn, North Haven are just a few who in previous years have done this. Clubs and the people within who make the decision to do this are short sited. They are looking at short term glory and not the long term of making the club stronger for the years to come.
Footy Follower
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 13 times

Postby Mr Beefy » Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:54 pm

Blah blah, you and few others make too many assumptions about what goes on at Rosies without knowing all the facts
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 406 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League