Rnd 3 - Central v Adelaide @ Playford Alive Oval (Sat 19/4)

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: Rnd 3 - Central v Adelaide @ Playford Alive Oval (Sat 19

Postby Panther Pack » Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:50 pm

cennals05 wrote:This is the first game I won't be attending when I don't have another commitment for years. I'm not sure if my stubbornness is good or bad. I feel like I am letting my team down, especially when they voted no. But on the other hand I don't want to be seen as supporting the AFL in the SANFL. To go, or not to go, that is the question?

Get down there big fella. I also have no interest in the AFL reserves being in the SANFL but as soon as South voted No my support for them has got stronger. Incidentally Centrals are now my second favourite team and hope you guys have a big win!
Panther Pack
Reserves

Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 139 times

Postby Bounce of the ball » Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:17 pm

Jim05 wrote:
cennals05 wrote:This is the first game I won't be attending when I don't have another commitment for years. I'm not sure if my stubbornness is good or bad. I feel like I am letting my team down, especially when they voted no. But on the other hand I don't want to be seen as supporting the AFL in the SANFL. To go, or not to go, that is the question?

Go and support your side mate.
Its not their fault and they still need your money and support.
Just make sure you heckle and abuse the Cows players and supporters, could make an entertaining day with a few grogs under your belt.
Hopefully at the end of the season the weak clubs like mine can change their minds and kick these sides out

I think the SANFL clubs will surely look at that option. They are now well and truly in a position of strength and they are plain stupid if they cannot see that.

Make the AFL clubs work out what they are going to do with their players , it's not the SANFL issue anymore.
Bounce of the ball
Reserves

Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 65 times

Postby whufc » Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:21 pm

Getting well and truly liquered up now....,.,should be a good day
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5588 times
Been liked: 2529 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Wedgie » Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:48 pm

Panther Pack wrote:

Get down there big fella. I also have no interest in the AFL reserves being in the SANFL but as soon as South voted No my support for them has got stronger. Incidentally Centrals are now my second favourite team and hope you guys have a big win!

Lol @ big fella, Shes actually a gorgeous chick!
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2042 times
Been liked: 3887 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby westcoastpanther » Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:55 pm

Wedgie wrote:
Panther Pack wrote:

Lol @ big fella, Shes actually a gorgeous chick!

Pics please... ;)
Hi, My name is Ron 'Bluey' Dunn. Did you know I played in the 61 & 62 Tasman Premiership sides....
westcoastpanther
Coach

Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 150 times
Grassroots Team: Boston

Postby Pseudo » Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:21 pm

Last week when my mob had a scheduled external trial match at some other ground, I went instead to the GFC clubrooms and had a couple of beers.

Next Friday night my mob has a scheduled trial game at their own oval. I intend to avoid this, and instead pop into the clubrooms the following day for another few cold ones. Might even have a meal there.

It is thus demonstrably possible to support your club without also supporting the garbage that has been forced onto the league.
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1557 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby Jim05 » Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:23 pm

Pseudo wrote:

Last week when my mob had a scheduled external trial match at some other ground, I went instead to the GFC clubrooms and had a couple of beers.

Next Friday night my mob has a scheduled trial game at their own oval. I intend to avoid this, and instead pop into the clubrooms the following day for another few cold ones. Might even have a meal there.

It is thus demonstrably possible to support your club without also supporting the garbage that has been forced onto the league.

Fair call, isnt as fun not abusing the AFL hacks though
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3552 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby daysofourlives » Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:44 pm

Jim05 wrote:

Just make sure you heckle and abuse the Cows players and supporters, could make an entertaining day with a few grogs under your belt.
Hopefully at the end of the season the weak clubs like mine can change their minds and kick these sides out

Just on that, I imagine it would require 6 votes to kick them out, highly unlikely I would of thought. Does anyone know?
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2423 times
Been liked: 1660 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby the joker » Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:56 pm

daysofourlives wrote:
Jim05 wrote:

Just on that, I imagine it would require 6 votes to kick them out, highly unlikely I would of thought. Does anyone know?
they could get all 9 other teams to vote to kick them out and it still won't matter. Signed a 15 year agreement.
Get over it and move on
I love vegatarian food. It goes great with steak.
the joker
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 58 times

Postby daysofourlives » Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:15 pm

You really are a simpleton hey
The 15 year agreement is for buying their licenses back from the SANFL
Playing in the SANFL is a year by year proposition
daysofourlives
Coach

Postby Jim05 » Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:20 pm

the joker wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:
Jim05 wrote:

they could get all 9 other teams to vote to kick them out and it still won't matter. Signed a 15 year agreement.
Get over it and move on

Not true but I agree its just wishful thinking that we will vote them out.
Was interesting having a few beers with a Norwood official Thursday night and he mentioned whilst he was unhappy with the clubs decision we are stuck with them now.
He did say that several clubs are already chatting about some big changes for next year, if it gets voted in at seasons end there might be a couple of Port players looking at new clubs next year
Jim05
Coach

Postby the joker » Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:25 pm

daysofourlives wrote:You really are a simpleton hey
The 15 year agreement is for buying their licenses back from the SANFL
Playing in the SANFL is a year by year proposition
15 year agreement has nothing to do with licenses. SANFL 15 year agreement can be broken but 12 month notice is given to crows if SANFL wants to terminate it. The license agreement is 3 years with the agreement I be reviewed due to CPI
I love vegatarian food. It goes great with steak.
the joker
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 58 times

Postby daysofourlives » Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:27 pm

Are you saying it might be the opposite to what Rucci is pushing in the paper today Jim?
Weaken Port rather than strengthen the Crows?
daysofourlives
Coach

Rnd 3 - Central v Adelaide @ Playford Alive Oval (Sat 19/4)

Postby Jim05 » Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:44 pm

daysofourlives wrote:Are you saying it might be the opposite to what Rucci is pushing in the paper today Jim?
Weaken Port rather than strengthen the Crows?

Yep
A couple of clubs are pushing for no top up players who have played any state league for two years and no mature leadership players. Guys like Callinan for the Crows and Summerton, Raikawaska etc would be forced out if this proposal went ahead.
A lot will depend on how Port go this year, if they win a flag or even go close there will definately be changes to hobble them for the future. The 8 other clubs dont ever want the 2 AFL sides to win a flag
Jim05
Coach

Postby RustyCage » Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:18 pm

I'd go. The only people hurt by your non attendance are yourself and your club.
I'm gonna break my rusty cage and run
RustyCage

Has liked: 1260 times
Been liked: 933 times

Postby sjt » Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:39 pm

sjt wrote:

I'm going. Our clubs done everything right, as have the players, I think they deserve supporting. I'm just not going to any bendover clubs home games (it was their fault). No attendance records will be broken, I'm sure the crows 4,000 supporters won't turn up. I think "19th man standing up", is their true expected attendance.
Go.

Can I retract the above. Today's destroying my passion for sa footy. Porplyzia probably earning what our whole teams on. This is a disgrace, the sanfl board and bendover boards can get $&@"$)!
sjt
League - Best 21

Has liked: 118 times
Been liked: 59 times

Postby sjt » Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:41 pm

100 supporters here to watch a professional team. Farce.
sjt
League - Best 21

Has liked: 118 times
Been liked: 59 times

Previous

Board index   Football  SANFL