Crows reserves supporters

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: Crows reserves supporters

Postby Wedgie » Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:43 pm

bennymacca wrote:to be honest though, the more people whinge like little girls on this forum

Sexist!
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2020 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Kahuna » Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:51 pm

bennymacca wrote:

to be honest though, the more people whinge like little girls on this forum, the more i am finding myself barracking for the crows to do well.

GO STATE TEAM CROWS! :D

You make me sick.
Get the Centrals logo off your profile.
Kahuna
League - Top 5

Has liked: 499 times
Been liked: 187 times

Postby Kahuna » Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:04 pm

Who made me Judge and jury?
Nobody. No jury, I'll judge you though on what you posted.
Guilty.
Kahuna
League - Top 5

Has liked: 499 times
Been liked: 187 times

Postby dogbreath » Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:19 pm

bennymacca wrote:Who made you judge and jury.

In short go fk yourself.

You've obviously only started barracking for Centrals since 2000.

There's no way a die-hard, true & loyal Doggies supporters would think twice about which scarfe to adorn.
dogbreath

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 24 times

Postby bennymacca » Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:50 pm

I never said I stopped barracking for centrals. Just that it was weird playing players that I know better than some of the centrals players.

And I started following centrals in about 1990. Not that I need to justify anything to you
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby saintal » Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:57 am

bennymacca wrote:went to watch the game vs centrals today. did feel weird, as i didnt really know who to barrack for. But given I have seen a lot more of the crows players over the past few years I found myself hoping they would do well, as opposed to some of the brand new centrals faces that i didnt know.

And so it begins. I'm sure benny isn't alone in his sentiment unfortunately. It's sad that the league has come to this.

Attracting a new generation of young football supporters to the league, who have grown up in an AFL-saturated market will be difficult for the 8 SANFL clubs. As a young fella why support your local sanfl club made up of young blokes you would walk past in the street and not recognise, when you can follow some of the Crows players you see on TV, the radio and newspaper from time to time...
SAFC- 60 years...
StKFC- 58 years..
saintal
Coach

Has liked: 346 times
Been liked: 428 times

Postby bennymacca » Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:03 am

It's a pretty fair point. I'm sure there are lots of young lads that don't really have any attachment to the SANFL and they will more than likely become crows or port reserves supporters.

I will always be a centrals supporter, but that won't make it any less weird for me as I am definitely a crows supporter first and a centrals supporter second. For a lot of people on this forum where the sanfl team is their number 1 team I can see why they may he pissed with this change. I still think it is a necessary change for the future though
bennymacca
Coach

Postby saintal » Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:16 am

Out of interest, which club would you prefer to see win the SANFL premiership this season? Centrals or Adelaide? Or no preference?
SAFC- 60 years...
StKFC- 58 years..
saintal
Coach

Has liked: 346 times
Been liked: 428 times

Postby RB » Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:31 am

saintal wrote:
bennymacca wrote:went to watch the game vs centrals today. did feel weird, as i didnt really know who to barrack for. But given I have seen a lot more of the crows players over the past few years I found myself hoping they would do well, as opposed to some of the brand new centrals faces that i didnt know.

And so it begins. I'm sure benny isn't alone in his sentiment unfortunately. It's sad that the league has come to this.

Attracting a new generation of young football supporters to the league, who have grown up in an AFL-saturated market will be difficult for the 8 SANFL clubs. As a young fella why support your local sanfl club made up of young blokes you would walk past in the street and not recognise, when you can follow some of the Crows players you see on TV, the radio and newspaper from time to time...
When asked about this at the members night, Kurt Slaven couldn't answer. I thought the board were supposed to be accountable to members...
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
RB
Coach

Has liked: 759 times
Been liked: 1073 times

Postby bennymacca » Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:08 am

It's probably the best argument I have heard for why reserves teams are a bad idea in the long term, and that comes from someone who is in favour of the concept
bennymacca
Coach

Postby Apachebulldog » Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:56 am

Bring back public flogging i reckon !!!!
SANFL 2000 - 2011 Central District 12 consecutive Grand Final appearances and 9 Premierships.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFFFFFFFFFF.

Hit em hard let them get up and hit em again.
Apachebulldog
League - Best 21

Has liked: 381 times
Been liked: 115 times

Postby bennymacca » Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:02 pm

That was what happened to centrals yesterday :0
bennymacca
Coach

Postby therisingblues » Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:56 am

bennymacca wrote:It's probably the best argument I have heard for why reserves teams are a bad idea in the long term, and that comes from someone who is in favour of the concept

It's as argument that was mentioned plenty while the Ravens were still a concept and not a reality. Out of curiosity, are you saying this is the first time you have heard this idea, or just that it is the best argument?
I'm gonna sit back, crack the top off a Pale Ale, and watch the Double Blues prevail
1915, 1919, 1926, 1932, 1940, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1974, 1976, 2002, 2016, 2017
therisingblues
Coach

Has liked: 369 times
Been liked: 514 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby bennymacca » Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:34 am

Heard it mentioned but first time I have thought about it, particularly after seeing the game against centrals
bennymacca
Coach

Postby areaman » Mon Apr 21, 2014 1:47 pm

RB wrote: When asked about this at the members night, Kurt Slaven couldn't answer. I thought the board were supposed to be accountable to members...

When this was raised at the Eagles members night Kurt acknowledged it was a challenge but then went on a tangent of how the Crows promotion of the matches in each area would help offset this. Can't say I found it overly convincing.

Basically having the Crows compete in the SANFL wil cannibalise the local club's support long term. Why would a young kid start supporting an SANFL club when their Crows team already compete in the comp?
areaman
Under 16s

Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 31 times

Postby daysofourlives » Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:21 pm

bennymacca wrote:Heard it mentioned but first time I have thought about it, particularly after seeing the game against centrals

One of the sheep is breaking away from the flock, there is hope yet ;)
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2415 times
Been liked: 1657 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby Ron Burgundy » Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:12 pm

As someone who grew up in the country I always followed West Adelaide because that is our zone. We either wear the jumper for Westies juniors, or have good mates that go through the system. It is a logical choice. I might be naive but I would think that juniors in our area will still think the same way.

Being a crows AFL supporter I have always checked the SANFL results on a Sunday to see how the guys went that didn't get a game for the Crows. I still do this but instead of looking across multiple stats sheets it's in one. I have enjoyed reading the passionate supporters going apeshit on here, but deep down I feel sorry for you guys because the league you have loved (a lot more than I) is slowly disintegrating into something else.

I'm not a Crows SANFL supporter, but like Benny I also find myself having an interest in them simply because of the level of dissent shown by some on here.
Ron Burgundy
League - Best 21

Has liked: 174 times
Been liked: 137 times

Postby kickinit » Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:34 pm

Ron Burgundy wrote:As someone who grew up in the country I always followed West Adelaide because that is our zone. We either wear the jumper for Westies juniors, or have good mates that go through the system. It is a logical choice. I might be naive but I would thing that juniors in our area will still think the same way.

Being a crows AFL supporter I have always checked the SANFL results on a Sunday to see how the guys went that didn't get a game for the Crows. I still do this but instead of looking across multiple stats sheets it's in one. I have enjoyed reading the passionate supporters going apeshit on here, but deep down I feel sorry for you guys because the league you have loved (a lot more than I) is slowly disintegrating into something else.

I'm not a Crows SANFL supporter, but like Benny I also find myself having an interest in them simply because of the level of dissent shown by some on here.

Anyone would think that way. But if clubs aren't going to put the time into the zones then there not going to get anywhere. My sister teaches at a northern school which would be less then a 10min drive to elizabeth oval. Centrals couldn't organise to get a few players out to spend a couple of hours at the school. They then organised for Port and because Central's couldn't be bothered they have setup for port to keep returning to the school. If the club's aren't going to put in the work to promote their footy club and get in touch with the kids, then they are going to keep losing a supporter base.
We're on this journey together, One Heart, One Club and they will Never Ever Tear Us Apart.
kickinit
League - Top 5

Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 95 times

Postby daysofourlives » Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:37 pm

kickinit wrote:
Ron Burgundy wrote:As someone who grew up in the country I always followed West Adelaide because that is our zone. We either wear the jumper for Westies juniors, or have good mates that go through the system. It is a logical choice. I might be naive but I would thing that juniors in our area will still think the same way.

Anyone would think that way. But if clubs aren't going to put the time into the zones then there not going to get anywhere. My sister teaches at a northern school which would be less then a 10min drive to elizabeth oval. Centrals couldn't organise to get a few players out to spend a couple of hours at the school. They then organised for Port and because Central's couldn't be bothered they have setup for port to keep returning to the school. If the club's aren't going to put in the work to promote their footy club and get in touch with the kids, then they are going to keep losing a supporter base.

Bit easier for full time professional players to get to a school during school hours than SANFL players who have full time jobs.
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2415 times
Been liked: 1657 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby kickinit » Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:09 pm

daysofourlives wrote:
kickinit wrote:

Bit easier for full time professional players to get to a school during school hours than SANFL players who have full time jobs.

Pretty easy to get a couple of hours off work too, plus you will be paid for the time your at the school. Also doesn't have to be players could be a couple of the people that work full time for the club.
We're on this journey together, One Heart, One Club and they will Never Ever Tear Us Apart.
kickinit
League - Top 5

Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 95 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL