SAAFL division 6 2014

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Who will win the division 6 grand final?

Angle Vale
3%
Blackfriars OS
7%
Central United
2%
Fitzroy
13%
Ingle Farm
10%
Lockleys
4%
Mawson Lakes
13%
Mitchell Park
6%
Rosewater
33%
West Croydon
8%

Total votes : 98

Re: SAAFL division 6 2014

Postby Yank Man » Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:44 pm

beeroclock wrote:Next week Yank.

We look forward to hosting the Farmers and receiving our due penance for all past misdemeaners. :D
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 316 times
Grassroots Team: Edwardstown

Postby morell » Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:28 pm

To be clear, there have been no misdemeanors, or at least, the specific accusation of stacking our c grade 18 months ago is a complete and utter fallacy.

Well done to the West Croyden FC for a good day yesterday, top bunch of blokes, and understanding of our current predicament.
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1138 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby beeroclock » Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:47 pm

morell wrote:To be clear, there have been no misdemeanors, or at least, the specific accusation of stacking our c grade 18 months ago is a complete and utter fallacy.

Well done to the West Croyden FC for a good day yesterday, top bunch of blokes, and understanding of our current predicament.

Don't know where that came from but I couldn't give a rats.
I just go watch me boy.
beeroclock
League - Best 21

Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 53 times

Postby morell » Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:54 pm

Lots of storied history between Mitchell Park and Ingle Farm beeroclock.
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1138 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby old fullback » Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:19 pm

morell wrote:Lots of storied history between Mitchell Park and Ingle Farm beeroclock.

There may be history but none of the Farmer players were around or even born when these two clubs clashed way back when. I wouldn't think any of these players would even give a rats about what happened back then.
old fullback
Under 18s

Has liked: 127 times
Been liked: 18 times
Grassroots Team: Ingle Farm

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:57 pm

I walked past Mitchell Park training 2 weeks ago on one of my trips back to Adelaide and could hear Scooters voice almost as far back as the Marion Hotel. Would have stopped in for a beer but Sando was having a chat that night @ Kenilworth so I was in a rush. Little i'd I know Mouse kicked off the show for the start. If I knew that I would have stayed for the beer and missed the chat from the worm burner.....
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 738 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby Look Good In Leather » Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:26 am

old fullback wrote:
morell wrote:Lots of storied history between Mitchell Park and Ingle Farm beeroclock.

There may be history but none of the Farmer players were around or even born when these two clubs clashed way back when. I wouldn't think any of these players would even give a rats about what happened back then.

Considering Mitchell Park only joined SAAFL in 2001, Ingle Farm must have some exceptionally young players.

Unless of course something significant happened in the two years they were both in SAFA
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:50 am

old fullback wrote:

Oh there may be a couple, i've heard the infamous dog races story from a couple of people from both clubs :lol:
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Has liked: 402 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:42 am

Ladder after Round 3:
1. Rosewater - 6
2. West Croydon - 6
3. Ingle Farm - 6
4. Blackfriars - 6
5. Mawson Lakes - 2
6. Lockleys - 2
7. Central United - 2
8. Fitzroy - 0
9. Angle Vale - 0
10. Mitchell Park 0

Round 4:
Angle Vale v Lockleys
Mawson Lakes v West Croydon
Mitchell Park v Ingle Farm
Central United v Fitzroy
Blackfriars v Rosewater
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:58 am

Some massive games this weekend!

Angle Vale v Lockleys: Lockleys will want to bounce back to form after a couple of ordinary weeks, would be confident this week but it's a long trip out to Angle Vale, and this is going to sound stupid given the hidings that Angle Vale have received so far, but they look a better side in patches that that suggests. At their ground they will be tougher, this will be no walk in the park for Lockleys.

Mawson Lakes v West Croydon: Another cracker contest, Mawson Lakes struggling to live up to the pre-season hype and run into a rampant West Croydon who have yet to be truly tested so far with a couple of "soft" games against lesser opposition, whilst Mawson Lakes have faced the contenders early. Lakes will want to assert their dominance at home and get back in the winners circle or risk dropping away from the top 5. The Hawks appear to have plenty of options up forward, where as the Lakes have struggled for goals in recent weeks and will need to find more avenues to goal.

Mitchell Park v Ingle Farm: Mitchell Park have struggled so far and is no surprise given their player loss, they will be in for another tough challenge this week against the Farmers but if there is any side that the Lions find a way of finding something extra against it's Ingle Farm! For Mitchell Park they should be eyeing off a few games in the coming rounds they could win, but this week a competitive 4 quarter effort and improved effort on the scoreboard is win for the club.

Central United v Fitzroy: For me this is the match of the round. Units bounced back to form on ANZAC Day, beating Lockleys away and will be brimming with confidence going into this clash against the winless 'Roys. They'll be most pleased they didn't need to rely heavily on Woodward to do the damage with Frith and Ephgrave doing plenty of damage and Fatwick proving a strong option up forward. For Fitzroy this is a must win game. For a side that was early touted as a probable powerhouse this season, they have struggled to get going so far, and should they drop this game suddenly it's a long way back even though it's early in the seasn, they'll have plenty of ground to make up.

Blackfriars v Rosewater: After this game someone will remain undefeated.. simple as that. This game will give everyone a better indication of just how good Rosewater are. Blackfriars have always proven a consistent side and tough to beat at home, they have gone about their business nicely so far this season and should have every reason to believe themselves a chance. Rosewater on the other hand look two classes above at the moment, not only in their A grade but the depth through to the B grade is shining through.. Will look to the result of this with great interest - not only to see who wins, but to see the margin.
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Postby marbles » Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:15 am

Phantom Gossiper wrote:Some massive games this weekend!

Angle Vale v Lockleys: Lockleys will want to bounce back to form after a couple of ordinary weeks, would be confident this week but it's a long trip out to Angle Vale, and this is going to sound stupid given the hidings that Angle Vale have received so far, but they look a better side in patches that that suggests. At their ground they will be tougher, this will be no walk in the park for Lockleys.

Mawson Lakes v West Croydon: Another cracker contest, Mawson Lakes struggling to live up to the pre-season hype and run into a rampant West Croydon who have yet to be truly tested so far with a couple of "soft" games against lesser opposition, whilst Mawson Lakes have faced the contenders early. Lakes will want to assert their dominance at home and get back in the winners circle or risk dropping away from the top 5. The Hawks appear to have plenty of options up forward, where as the Lakes have struggled for goals in recent weeks and will need to find more avenues to goal.

Mitchell Park v Ingle Farm: Mitchell Park have struggled so far and is no surprise given their player loss, they will be in for another tough challenge this week against the Farmers but if there is any side that the Lions find a way of finding something extra against it's Ingle Farm! For Mitchell Park they should be eyeing off a few games in the coming rounds they could win, but this week a competitive 4 quarter effort and improved effort on the scoreboard is win for the club.

Central United v Fitzroy: For me this is the match of the round. Units bounced back to form on ANZAC Day, beating Lockleys away and will be brimming with confidence going into this clash against the winless 'Roys. They'll be most pleased they didn't need to rely heavily on Woodward to do the damage with Frith and Ephgrave doing plenty of damage and Fatwick proving a strong option up forward. For Fitzroy this is a must win game. For a side that was early touted as a probable powerhouse this season, they have struggled to get going so far, and should they drop this game suddenly it's a long way back even though it's early in the seasn, they'll have plenty of ground to make up.

Blackfriars v Rosewater: After this game someone will remain undefeated.. simple as that. This game will give everyone a better indication of just how good Rosewater are. Blackfriars have always proven a consistent side and tough to beat at home, they have gone about their business nicely so far this season and should have every reason to believe themselves a chance. Rosewater on the other hand look two classes above at the moment, not only in their A grade but the depth through to the B grade is shining through.. Will look to the result of this with great interest - not only to see who wins, but to see the margin.

a 10 times better read than some newsletters going around, PG's Footy Budget! employ this man #B.Cameron
Last edited by marbles on Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 275 times
Been liked: 258 times

Postby marbles » Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:16 am

Phantom Gossiper wrote:

MP have employed shane crawford for 1 game just to smack down the farmers!
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 275 times
Been liked: 258 times

Postby The Riddler » Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:25 am

Ventured out to the Rosewater v MLFC Anzac Day clash for a bit of a look. Lakes jumped out of the blocks brilliantly and were all over them for the 1st quarter and a half until the the Dogs machine finally kicked in. When they started to gel and get their running/spread/switch game going it was hard for Lakes (only 1 goal after half time) to peg them back. Rosewater aren't that tall (Schar didn't play) and have a lot of class in the midfield which obviously feed Williams well, they're a very good outfit but are very beatable IMO. Who will beat them though? Time will tell I guess if anyone will but it is a long season.
The Riddler
League - Top 5

Has liked: 84 times
Been liked: 29 times

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:26 am

marbles wrote:MP have employed Barry Harry for 1 game just to lay the smack down on the farmers!

Edited for accuracy :lol:
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Postby zedman » Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:27 am

Phantom Gossiper wrote:

:shock: 8)
zedman
Coach

Has liked: 1077 times
Been liked: 387 times

Postby carey » Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:29 am

The Riddler wrote:Ventured out to the Rosewater v MLFC Anzac Day clash for a bit of a look. Lakes jumped out of the blocks brilliantly and were all over them for the 1st quarter and a half until the the Dogs machine finally kicked in. When they started to gel and get their running/spread/switch game going it was hard for Lakes (only 1 goal after half time) to peg them back. Rosewater aren't that tall (Schar didn't play) and have a lot of class in the midfield which obviously feed Williams well, they're a very good outfit but are very beatable IMO. Who will beat them though? Time will tell I guess if anyone will but it is a long season.

That was nice of you to grace grass roots footy with presence lol :lol:

Were you there to sign guernseys, boots or just to attract a bigger crowd? ;)
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2796 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby The Informer » Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:49 pm

carey wrote:
The Riddler wrote:Ventured out to the Rosewater v MLFC Anzac Day clash for a bit of a look. Lakes jumped out of the blocks brilliantly and were all over them for the 1st quarter and a half until the the Dogs machine finally kicked in. When they started to gel and get their running/spread/switch game going it was hard for Lakes (only 1 goal after half time) to peg them back. Rosewater aren't that tall (Schar didn't play) and have a lot of class in the midfield which obviously feed Williams well, they're a very good outfit but are very beatable IMO. Who will beat them though? Time will tell I guess if anyone will but it is a long season.

That was nice of you to grace grass roots footy with presence lol :lol:

Were you there to sign guernseys, boots or just to attract a bigger crowd? ;)

Can confirm the great man ventured out to the Dawn service at TTG RSL with me Carey and two people in the crowd next to us collapsed at the sight of the great man out in public!
The Informer
Reserves

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 233 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby Arch44 » Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:59 pm

I went to Fitzroy Anzac Day and saw some what of a scrappy game for 3 quarters until it opened up in the last and Fitzroy clicked kicking 5 goals in 10 minutes to tighten the game up. Both teams at times seem to do a full 18 man zone on kickins etc. which Blackfriars maintained better and hit targets more often for the 3qtrs which was enough to get them over the line. Still wary of Fitzroy though they do have some strong bodies particularly up forward and will still cause some headaches.
Tough gig for Mitchell Pk and Flinders Uni at the moment as we know. From the Bgrade point of view Flinders Uni although lack talent they still chase and harass well and you still have to earn your kicks. Their full forward goes alright too think he kicked their goals from memory and wouldn't look out of place in Div6 and not the reserves.
Mitchell Pk probably have too many older guys that are ok in a scrap but when the game opens up that's when they struggle.
Looking Forward to Mawson Lakes this week in both grades.
Hogg Shield Div IV 2018 Winner
Arch44
League - Top 5

Has liked: 717 times
Been liked: 272 times

Postby carey » Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:00 pm

Well the informer my good man they are only human! Lol

People across a wide range are in Orr of the Great Riddler 8)
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2796 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby The Informer » Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:03 pm

Arch44 wrote:I went to Fitzroy Anzac Day and saw some what of a scrappy game for 3 quarters until it opened up in the last and Fitzroy clicked kicking 5 goals in 10 minutes to tighten the game up. Both teams at times seem to do a full 18 man zone on kickins etc. which Blackfriars maintained better and hit targets more often for the 3qtrs which was enough to get them over the line. Still wary of Fitzroy though they do have some strong bodies particularly up forward and will still cause some headaches.
Tough gig for Mitchell Pk and Flinders Uni at the moment as we know. From the Bgrade point of view Flinders Uni although lack talent they still chase and harass well and you still have to earn your kicks. Their full forward goes alright too think he kicked their goals from memory and wouldn't look out of place in Div6 and not the reserves.
Mitchell Pk probably have too many older guys that are ok in a scrap but when the game opens up that's when they struggle.
Looking Forward to Mawson Lakes this week in both grades.

Just look out for the Dougie Bollinger jokes this week mate!
The Informer
Reserves

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 233 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League