Southern Football League

A forum dedicated to the Southern Football League!

Re: Southern Football League

Postby Luke15 » Sun Apr 27, 2014 5:44 pm

Anyway I have heard enough about Aldinga. I was fortunate enough to.watch 2 games of footy this weekend. I went to the ANZAC day game on Friday and then Porties vs Edwardstown at towns.

Reynella were very impressive as a team. They had shit loads of outs. Farrier, Ciampa, Broadbent, Mahony, Carter, Prescott all didnt play but they still.made a strong Morphy Parks side look a long way off. Parks midfield of Ruwoldt x2, Murphy and Ty Allen looked impressive on paper but thats where it ended.
Couple of young guys for Reynella looked impressive not sure of their names but number 25 a rover, number 4 a baldish guy with tatts and a red headed guy down back number 14 was super skilful.

Porties vs Edwardstown nothing new to note other than Porties have improved and have.good.talls. and edwardstown have definitely dropped off after an impressive 2013. Cavallo was prop their best.
Luke15
Rookie

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 18 times

Postby Oldman Munga » Sun Apr 27, 2014 5:45 pm

vics01 wrote:OM M

What happened.. What has he done

Just a differnce of opinion in regards to SFL Guidelines that got turned into a Massive Dicks out Comp turns out he bought a Stick to a Gunfight
Ive dealt with a few clowns over my journey but he's living proof you dont need a Long Neck to be a Goose
Oldman Munga
Rookie

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 13 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Cove boys » Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:55 pm

takes 2 to tango.... maybe next time approach the team rather than be a dibba dobbing to the umpires. Also take a look at yourself and next time know your rules cause you ain't allowed to approach the umpires yourself, but hey were bigger than that and moved on
Cove boys
Mini-League

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Cove

Postby Rush a Point » Sun Apr 27, 2014 9:24 pm

Oldman Munga wrote:

Just a differnce of opinion in regards to SFL Guidelines that got turned into a Massive Dicks out Comp turns out he bought a Stick to a Gunfight
Ive dealt with a few clowns over my journey but he's living proof you dont need a Long Neck to be a Goose

OMM
Caught the games at Noarlunga yesterday. I would have thought you would have more to worry about than officials from other clubs. No depth in your B grade, in fact a very ordinary side and undisciliplined. A grade fell over the line. Could be a long season if couple of injuries hit. Was impressed with Cove side, think they may cause a few surprises this year.
Rush a Point

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1 time

Postby vics01 » Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:30 pm

Seriously boys arguing over chairs is a little silly.. Surely the SFL have bigger issues than children arguing over chairs that coaches are sitting on.
vics01
Reserves

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 58 times

Postby Look Good In Leather » Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:31 pm

vics01 wrote:Seriously boys arguing over chairs is a little silly.. Surely the SFL have bigger issues than children arguing over chairs that coaches are sitting on.

What were they too close to the playing area or something?
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby vics01 » Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:33 pm

Did I read right tonight that Matt Reavill kicked 5 in the Cove C grade today?? If so Would love to see him in the mix at A grade level again would realy compliment the side in fact a big bonus
vics01
Reserves

Postby vics01 » Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:37 pm

LGIL
What were they too close to the playing area or something?

Looked ok from where I was watching.. But not from all apparently.. If Umpires do not worry I don't know why other's get tit's in a tangle but hey that's footy these days
vics01
Reserves

Postby Cove boys » Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:47 pm

vics01 wrote:Did I read right tonight that Matt Reavill kicked 5 in the Cove C grade today?? If so Would love to see him in the mix at A grade level again would realy compliment the side in fact a big bonus

He did an dlooked rather comfortable out there, let's hope he pulls up ok and continues on a return
Cove boys
Mini-League

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby Look Good In Leather » Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:16 am

marbles wrote:aldinga getting smashed by 700 points in 3 games

marion only beat aldinga by a goal :shock: rams not ailing fish too?

oh look is that a bye in SAAFL div 7?

Yeah I am sure Marion are desperate to join a competition where 7 A-Grade teams get demolished in a weekend. One club managed to beat Aldinga's deficit in only 2 games. What an attractive proposition.
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby Oldman Munga » Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:31 am

Cove boys wrote:takes 2 to tango.... maybe next time approach the team rather than be a dibba dobbing to the umpires. Also take a look at yourself and next time know your rules cause you ain't allowed to approach the umpires yourself, but hey were bigger than that and moved on

Match day staff was approched and refused to comply , it was as much about your player and matchday staff safety as ours , could have been sorted at the first instance without all the Hoo Hah , but someone had a chest to BEAT , maybe thats why the umps refused to resume the game unt it was sorted , the rules are there for all,next time dont be scared to tell the full version rather than one that suits you
Oldman Munga
Rookie

Postby King » Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:36 am

Rush a Point wrote:
Oldman Munga wrote:

OMM
Caught the games at Noarlunga yesterday. I would have thought you would have more to worry about than officials from other clubs. No depth in your B grade, in fact a very ordinary side and undisciliplined. A grade fell over the line. Could be a long season if couple of injuries hit. Was impressed with Cove side, think they may cause a few surprises this year.

RAP, you were impressed by a team that lost and hardly gracious to the victors!!!! Care to elaborate?
King
Under 16s

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 14 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Postby marbles » Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:34 am

Look Good In Leather wrote:

Yeah I am sure Marion are desperate to join a competition where 7 A-Grade teams get demolished in a weekend. One club managed to beat Aldinga's deficit in only 2 games. What an attractive proposition.

if aldinga got up last week, i dare say theyd be considering it :D
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 276 times
Been liked: 258 times

Postby afc9798 » Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:38 am

Peter Griffen wrote:
LaughingKookaburra wrote:So why have Aldinga chosen OSB/Lonsdale and not Valleys or Reynella? It's obvious why but I fail to see how it helps the Lions or the league....

Exactly my thoughts. That game is 50/50 anyway. Now the Footy Show will bang on about how they brought the Sharks back from the dead. If they wanted to see where Aldinga is really at they'd get Crawf to play Reynella.

You don't honestly believe this is anything other than self-serving on the part of Ch9?

They are just setting themselves up to be the hero.

If we were conspiracy theorists, it could be suggested this is all being done to take the focus off the other metro league that they have made a significant investment into this year

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk

And congrats to Christies a very hard fought and well deserved win. The scoreboard actually made HV look better than they deserved. Christies played a true team game and dismantled any clean ball movement form Valleys. Well done and could be the start of something. No excuses, simply outlplayed by a more committed team.
afc9798
Reserves

Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 47 times
Grassroots Team: Happy Valley

Postby fisho mcspaz » Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:48 am

marbles wrote:

I doubt it - ever seen those div 7 teams play? It's pretty special. It'd be a good social comp though.
Hey Goose, ya big stud! Take me to bed or lose me for ever.
fisho mcspaz
League - Top 5

Has liked: 84 times
Been liked: 111 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby vics01 » Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:53 am

My Sunday Morning hang over cure

[b]Where is the SFL
[/b]

The SFL have been avoiding hard decision’s now for several years.. When I use the term SFL I include the clubs.. The board cannot without the clubs vote make major decisions and structure changes to the format of the league.

The FDC was created to identify why and propose solutions to the disparity between top and bottom clubs which has gradually increased to the point where Aldinga this year have been totally demoralised. It appears the FDC has been a complete waste of time with regard to addressing the major issue.

The 2 division conversation is all but over; there are not enough clubs to form 2 divisions even if the SFL was to move to an 8 and 7 two division competition some clubs claim division 2 would mean the end for that club.

Over the weekend of 25/26 April a number of clubs were doubling juniors up just to field a senior team.. Is this good for the competition?? Does it not show tough decisions need to be made now??
Is this of value to the development of those juniors?? This is not the only week this has happened it has been happening from the commencement of the season.

What are the benefits to the Junior player?? It could be suggested that eventually it will result in burnout of these juniors. Very doubtful it is for the benefit of the player more about just scraping numbers together.

Flagstaff Hill, Cove, Christies Beach, Happy Valley, Morphett Vale, Edwardstown, Port Noarlunga and Reynella did not double any juniors up to senior sides.

I have not included juniors who played senior A grade football only IE: Cove and Noarlunga both had u18 play A grade these were well and truly up A grade level.

Aldinga: 3 players

Brighton: 1 player

Marion: 3 players

Morphettville: 6 players (MP field a C grade side, would it not be more important to field the B grade before the C grade??)

Noarlunga: 2 players

Lonsdale: 7 players (Of concern these are u16 players)

(A full team)

Surely not all these juniors are really up to the standard required both skills and physically for a true A grade competition. If they are they should play at that level only.
Aside from the obvious that the sides these juniors are playing in are getting thrashed week in week out which may also eventually turn them off playing.

In this day and age of litigation what is the duty of care of the clubs and the league? How do we justify a young 15 year old being cleaned up by some of the more senior and physically larger players? With the press the SFL has received in the last few weeks which some say reflects badly on the SFL as a whole how will it reflect if a young 15 year old is seriously injured?? Food for thought.
Even at 16 and 17 juniors are still growing and developing what is the future impact on their bodies.

I suppose the move to an under 15/17 competition will bring more kids into senior footy a year earlier an alleviate them playing two games a day. Although I have heard a number suggest that they will look to move to other leagues to play under 18 football again a big loss of numbers for the SFL.

Fact is society has changed from the mid 90’s when the SFL was travelling along with good numbers.. Other sports such as Soccer and Basketball have a bigger junior base now. Other social issues impact such as school, seven day a week trading more freedoms for young people. Cultural issues in some areas.

We are trying to fill the same number of teams from the ever shrinking pond. It is time for Clubs to look at merging before it is too late and they fold for good.

MERGERS

Importantly everyone gains numbers which adds strength to clubs

Marion/Morphettville Park: Marion gains some more quality MP gain good facilities and a real oval. Marion Roos – Morphettville Rams.

Hackham/Lonsdale: Hackham gain juniors/Lonsdale gain good facilities and like MP a real oval.. Southern Force – Onkaparinga Dolphins.

Aldinga due to geographical location are a hard case may they need to look at merger talks with a GSFL club.

Club history is still alive rather that in someone’s garage.. There will be lots of varying opinions and probably even some abuse but it is time to think outside the square for survival and genuine even competition.

On a lighter note DTH is forever telling me how many players BDOS have and will have Glenelg and or Sacred Heart and how this impacts maybe BDOS can merge with Glenelg or better still Sacred Heart.
vics01
Reserves

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:53 am

fisho mcspaz wrote:I doubt it - ever seen those div 7 teams play? It's pretty special. It'd be a good social comp though.

marbles is the king of div 7 :lol:
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Has liked: 402 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby Oldman Munga » Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:09 pm

King wrote:
Rush a Point wrote:
Oldman Munga wrote:

OMM

RAP, you were impressed by a team that lost and hardly gracious to the victors!!!! Care to elaborate?

Rushed would be talking about the B Grade game, granted we were far from impressive and our depth will be challenged with the departure of 17 players from last yr , better use of the interchange in the main game nearly got them over the line BUT DID'NT, great to see many of Coves players and supporters hang around for a few frothies after the game also
Oldman Munga
Rookie

Postby Keyser Soze » Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:22 pm

marbles wrote:

I reckon that bye in div 7 has a few clubs lined up to take it:

Kilburn - 436 point loss
Mitchell Park - 241 point loss
Braham Lodge - 192 point loss
Angle Vale - 198 point loss

Good luck Marbles with stacking that Henley Div 7R side!
Keyser Soze
Rookie

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 10 times

Postby marbles » Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:41 pm

yeah maybe. next year will look totally different in regards to these clubs - a major reshuffle

maybe a merger of the SAAFL & SFL too yeah :)
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 276 times
Been liked: 258 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  SFL